General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Supercharger Belt problem fixed!!!!!!!!CAI installed, this thing pulls hard

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 05:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Supercharger Belt problem fixed!!!!!!!!CAI installed, this thing pulls hard

Well Friday I fixed the supercharger problem but was way too exhausted to even test it out. So yesterday I cut the hole for the CAI and installed the colder spark plugs. Took her on a test run with my wife and was not really able to put the gas to the metal but on my way to to Mardigras Max house I punched it and boy does that feel good. As soon as I get off the bridge I landed in Rice Land I was happy and then this older model Supra with a loud Blow off valve I really dont know if he was playing or not but we both took off very fast, there was also an IS300 next to me with two oriental guys in it, they had gold teeth in their mouth , I never seen that before but anyways they didnt want to run so it was just me and the older model supra.

The problem was that I was missing 4 bolts and when the belt tightened from idling it started to slip away little by little it was not a lot but just enough to get it to ride the rail on the alternator pulley. This is the best mod for the price to pay I am very pleased and satisfied.
Old 02-10-2002, 06:52 AM
BlkCat

Sounds like the SC fills the bill! I'd take it real easy until you get those bolts in. After that, you can let it rip!

Old 02-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Enjoy it.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:03 AM

I think I'm gonna go get a supercharger now!
Old 02-10-2002, 12:17 PM

Re: Supercharger Belt problem fixed!!!!!!!!CAI installed, this thing pulls hard

What heat range plugs are we supposed to be using? I haven't figured that out yet, and I'm still running on the stock heat range plugs.

Originally posted by JAY25
Well Friday I fixed the supercharger problem but was way too exhausted to even test it out. So yesterday I cut the hole for the CAI and installed the colder spark plugs. Took her on a test run with my wife and was not really able to put the gas to the metal but on my way to to Mardigras Max house I punched it and boy does that feel good. As soon as I get off the bridge I landed in Rice Land I was happy and then this older model Supra with a loud Blow off valve I really dont know if he was playing or not but we both took off very fast, there was also an IS300 next to me with two oriental guys in it, they had gold teeth in their mouth , I never seen that before but anyways they didnt want to run so it was just me and the older model supra.

The problem was that I was missing 4 bolts and when the belt tightened from idling it started to slip away little by little it was not a lot but just enough to get it to ride the rail on the alternator pulley. This is the best mod for the price to pay I am very pleased and satisfied.
Old 02-10-2002, 04:46 PM
BlkCat

Re: Re: Supercharger Belt problem fixed!!!!!!!!CAI installed, this thing pulls hard

Originally posted by Shadow
What heat range plugs are we supposed to be using? I haven't figured that out yet, and I'm still running on the stock heat range plugs.

The Vortech SC owner's manual says this:

"Spark Plug/Ignition System Guidelines - Vortech recommends the use of spark plugs that are at least one to two heat ranges cooler than what is stock utilizing a plug gap of .030" to .040". the use of premium high performance "spiral core" ignition wires are required for optimum performance as well as dielectric grease on the inside of the wire boots. Ignition amplifiers such as Crane HI-6/7 or MSD 6/7 AL are also required for boost levels over 10 psi."

Old 02-10-2002, 04:53 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Maybe one of these days when you come to the ATL, I can get a ride in that thing. Good to hear everything is almost fixed.... Now ... which bank can I get $3500 from... hmmm....
Old 02-11-2002, 05:24 PM

Hopefully I should be in Atlanta by next summer or before my time is up this Aug

Shadow I asked Matt the Man why do we need to go with colder plugz and he said that since the supercharger is building all the compressed air in there it gets hot so when it gets into the engine it needs a colder plug something like that, just simple dont go around riding in that car with stock spark plugs, not a good idea. Also you planning on making your own Cold air induction?

Bags my leave gets knocked down all the time for BS reasons, but since I believe in God I was kind of Happy that happened for the simple fact that it was very very cold and it was raining so it would have been a waste of good earned days. I am planning on going there in March 1-10 and also I am trying to get stationed there as well, right along with you and Nismo2020, my parents now permanently live in Atlanta off the 85 Freeway off exit ninety something one of those. that would make what 5 of us out there including shadow. I think Matt might not to be happy if I leave though that would be messed up but I dont like it here the roads are pretty bad and it floods too ,
Old 02-11-2002, 05:39 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: Hopefully I should be in Atlanta by next summer or before my time is up this Aug

I am planning on going there in March 1-10 and also I am trying to get stationed there as well, right along with you and Nismo2020, my parents now permanently live in Atlanta off the 85 Freeway off exit ninety something one of those. that would make what 5 of us out there including shadow. I think Matt might not to be happy if I leave though that would be messed up but I dont like it here the roads are pretty bad and it floods too ,

Cool , I have to go to WTI (YUMA) , march 10. Carl told me you were working on getting up here. COOL.. more modded max's on base. That will cause some confusion

and yes COLD is the word for january and febuary
Old 02-11-2002, 06:30 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

not to be mean but

please..

call us

asians

oriental is a place...

you can thank to 2 years of asian american history courses for this update..
Old 02-12-2002, 09:03 AM

where the hell have you been azn boy? happy new year even thought its a little late.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:34 PM

Re: Re: Supercharger Belt problem fixed!!!!!!!!CAI installed, this thing pulls hard

Originally posted by Chebosto
not to be mean but

please..

call us

asians

oriental is a place...

, cheston sorry about that Ill use that word instead next time or just try not to mention race, but once again sorry if I offended you or any other person that has read the thread Sorry to everyone.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:42 PM
I'm needing a caw

I thought oriental was a ramen flavor? What does an oriental taste like? Chicken? But how does the matrix know what chicken tastes like? Maybe they don't know and made everything taste like chicken???

Originally posted by Chebosto
not to be mean but

please..

call us

asians

oriental is a place...

Old 02-12-2002, 04:07 PM

European American please, not white bread honkey redneck ****
Old 02-12-2002, 06:06 PM

So we are supposed to have an ignitoin amp when Irun 10 psi, damn where am i gonna put that.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy the kit.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by max'n out
So we are supposed to have an ignitoin amp when Irun 10 psi, damn where am i gonna put that.

Ya dont need no stinkin ignition amp for 10psi?
Old 02-12-2002, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by max'n out

Thanks but thats a good question I dont think I ll ever reach 10PSI I rarely gun the car the highest I taken it to lately was 4, 5, 6 PSI been the highest I have the 3.25 pulley. I still have to install my clutch. I am in no hurry at the moment since my stock one is holding out pretty good but I still have to change it. and if we do have to get that amp from MSD I think we have to get the expensive one, the one that goes for like $600, something like that.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:26 PM

Thanks but thats a good question I dont think I ll ever reach 10PSI I rarely gun the car the highest I taken it to lately was 4, 5, 6 PSI been the highest I have the 3.25 pulley. I still have to install my clutch. I am in no hurry at the moment since my stock one is holding out pretty good but I still have to change it. and if we do have to get that amp from MSD I think we have to get the expensive one, the one that goes for like $600, something like that.
yeh i don't think we need one,even if you'd run around at 7k rpm's. I think plugs will be fine. Besides I can't fathom a place to put one. And with my intercooler i'll probley only reach 9.7 psi