General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

(Car vs Car) What's the worst you've ever been beaten?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 07:45 AM
SLOW

I've been own3d by a claimed 10.7 second bored and stroked 460 powered Ford Torino on the street, as well as a claimed 10 second 3rd gen camaro. Either they both didn't get on it all the way, or they are lying about their times because I've raced 10 second cars at the track and these two cars didn't beat me as badly as the track proven 10 second cars did. Other than that, a 12 second integra and LS1 SLP Firehawk on the street.... not good.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:11 PM

Re: (Car vs Car) What's the worst you've ever been beaten?

Originally posted by 1BADMAX
I'm trying to find out what is worst you guys have ever been beaten by another car. Now i'm not talking about your Maxima getting beat by a Viper by 10 car lenghts. I'm talking about your Maxima getting beat by a Cavalier or some weak car like that. I have 2 equally embarassing moments; first was about 10 years ago and at the time I was driving my Dad's 85 Toyota Supra and I got beat by a 93 Ford Aspire to 60mph almost 1 1/2 car lenghts. I never got to talk to the guy, but he had some kind of exhaust system on his car. What ever he had it was enough to beat me that day. Second was 4 1/2 years ago when I still had my 93 Ford SHO and got beat by a stock 94 Nissan Altima to 60mph by almost 2 car lenghts. Now at the time my SHO had bad spark plugs and 1 bad spark plug wire. Either way it was embarrassing.
Well, as for the lesser car, I lost to a '97 Accord on the freeway last week...he was squeezing a 65 shot at the time...we talked after the run. As for the superior car, at the drag strip in Fontana, my brother smoked me in his S4...I ran a 15.141 and he ran his 13.104 on his 19's blasting his radio. Actually, I'm not very embarassed about either of those loses now that I think about it.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:27 PM

2002 M Coupe, 2001 Corvette Auto, BriGuyMax's 50 shot Max, and the worst ever **** raping was from a 69 Mustang 428.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:06 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

prolly the worse ever was to a Honda Civic. i was NA, he was NA.

he had 4 heads in the car. i had my GF riding shotgun.

.. you know how the story goes... "Let it go honey, he's not worth it"

then the hazards go on and he and his crew are laughing at me... *sigh*
Old 02-21-2002, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by wicked1044

its the best story ever....
was a dodge omni GLH. at the light the kid pulls up and says "is that a REAL maxima GTR" & neel said "is that a real p.o.s."
neel lost by like 20 cars.

yup but not 20 but i was glad nobody was around me ..

i ran against a 10.89 sec supra at Etown - my first run ever
i ran a 16.

also a civ hatch with GSR - i had no idea - it looked like a POS ... blew me out of the water
Old 02-21-2002, 01:32 AM

well, i must say i've had some bad losses.

1. Lost to a 1999 Tahoe. might have been SS or some special package. i know my mom's doesn't take off like that.

2. Got beat by 3 carlengths ... twice, and by a stock miata, with some old guy driving.

3. Smoked by a heavily modded 98 Cavalier z24. this kid had NOS, exhaust, and an intake, not to mention stickers for ugly factor.

4. Absolutly toasted by a '02 Aurora V8.

i can attribute most of these to driver error. usually i drop the clutch and bog the engine or i'm worried i'll peel too far, so i let it out easy. i must say though, i have beaten many the chrysler LHS, grand am and other highschool cruisers. the new clutch and a little practice should help me hook up better.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:39 AM
Honda Convert!

Ok one night at was at the local spot for street racing about a year ago and this little bastard with a 94 4dr accord with exhaust and know im guessing Nitrous but what ever he beat me by like a car and a half and i told my self i would make my car so that no hon-duh will ever beat me again.

Bruce
Old 02-21-2002, 04:35 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

S/C ITR

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=97579
Old 02-21-2002, 07:56 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I came upon an Olds Intrigue with 17-18" chrome rims and loud bass. I look in and the driver is some white kid with a bandana around his head and his hand up on top of the steering wheel. Anyway, I go flyin' past him not thinking anything of it and a few seconds later he comes flyin' past me! We come up on a light, I do a no squeal takeoff and so does he (cops patrol it a lot) and about 3000RPM in first he starts to walk then run! We ran at three different stop lights and he'd kill me to the next one by like 6 cars every time. I couldn't believe it. I didn't see/hear an exhaust, but WTF!?
Old 02-22-2002, 03:02 PM

Never

I always get the green and I don't even switch myself into "powermode" But then again I never officially raced anyone but my friend in his Passat - loser I beat him so bad, I went from 0 to speed limit and I was a car and a half in front of him.
Old 02-22-2002, 03:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

13.8 Jeep Wrangler vs my 16.1 95 Maxima
Old 02-22-2002, 04:01 PM

Lost by about 4-5 carlenghts to a RENTech Mercedes C-Class from about 50-110
Old 02-22-2002, 04:04 PM

nissan altima

I have a friend who has a 93 altima gxe 5-speed and that damn thing is fast for what it is. With a gtech we both ran at the exact same spot and he ran a 7.60 to 60 where as I only ran a 7.2, (96 max 5-speed) but I had bald tires. We raced from a roll one time and we were almost dead even. He also beat me when I had a 240sx 5 speed. His car has suprised a lot of people. I was with him one day when he beat a SHO. I wouldn't put the altima in the same category as a ford aspire. Later yall.

Originally posted by 1BADMAX
I'm trying to find out what is worst you guys have ever been beaten by another car. Now i'm not talking about your Maxima getting beat by a Viper by 10 car lenghts. I'm talking about your Maxima getting beat by a Cavalier or some weak car like that. I have 2 equally embarassing moments; first was about 10 years ago and at the time I was driving my Dad's 85 Toyota Supra and I got beat by a 93 Ford Aspire to 60mph almost 1 1/2 car lenghts. I never got to talk to the guy, but he had some kind of exhaust system on his car. What ever he had it was enough to beat me that day. Second was 4 1/2 years ago when I still had my 93 Ford SHO and got beat by a stock 94 Nissan Altima to 60mph by almost 2 car lenghts. Now at the time my SHO had bad spark plugs and 1 bad spark plug wire. Either way it was embarrassing.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:13 PM

In my 92 VG loss to a Ford Explorer and one hard driving 2.8 BMW Z3.I raced the Z3 for three consecutive set's of light's out of the hole i was ahead but not for long. Once he grabbed second i was dessert.

In my 98SE a few losses to bags533 and one CL55.Met this oldish guy washing his CL55[2002] at a car wash looked like a chauffer to me but he turned out to be the owner.We happened to leave at the same time and all i can say is that i was inhaling his exhaust gases when he got on it.
Old 02-23-2002, 12:24 PM

Last night, I pull up to an E Class Benz (couldn't tell if it was a 320, or 430, I hope 430) So light turnes green, and we both start rolling at about 25 or 30, and he goes WOT, and a split second later I follow. Well, I never catch up; that thing was quick. I was curious if the 320 can give me that type of abuse.
Old 02-23-2002, 07:14 PM

10 sec '70 Chevelle LS7. 600hp without the 250hp NOS shot. He didn't bother turning it on while racing me though - he saves that for the fast cars.

Forgetaboutit.

He cant go around corners worth a sh*t though...
Old 02-24-2002, 12:03 AM

got walked from 75 MPH + by a Contour SVT tonight. Must be the slippy clutch not to worry... soon to be fixed, and i might as well get an intake while i'm at it
Old 02-24-2002, 12:11 AM
You're Faster, I'm Better

just tonight i was totally owned by a yellow viper with black racing stripes. he was in 6th doing about 60mph and i tried to pass him on the left and he just put his foot on the throttle and just left me in the dust. he didn't even downshift i was esily doing 80mph when i tried to pass him. it was kewl, the dude threw me a thumbs up and took the next exit. I was owned...
Old 02-24-2002, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
I've raced one 7 second car and a few 8 seconds cars at the track.
Are you being serious? What the hell car ran a 7 second 1/4? And why were you racing it?lol Take Care
Old 02-24-2002, 02:53 PM

i got beat by an acura cl type s
Old 02-28-2002, 06:01 PM

We were up at the track for the final TnT night a few months ago and all night I had been running insane RTs and 60's. Decent times for the altitude. Ran quite a few passes. Beat a bad *** lookin' (soundin') 69 Camaro. Thing was intimidating as hell, drug him from line to boards. Then, my final run that night. Cut a light like a God, .506 I think, running this little Prelude, knew I had a problem from jump though, cause that didn't sound like any Prelude I have ever heard. That kid laid the beat down on me by about 2 seconds. Talk about hurt pride. One of my favorites...I am registered on several boards, including F150. One of the boys there posted a question to me. It was a link written by some candy *** stock V8 late model Camaro. Kid was from Aurora, me too. Kid was into hangin and racing, me too. Kid proceeds to talk about how he raced a B*TCH in a white Lightning (coincidence?) and how her tags read I8URCHV (yup, that's me) and he SMOKED her and she pulled up to him at a light and was name calling and talkin trash and all this other insanity. So I made a little trip to his board and called him out. That post went on for almost 2 weeks and nobody ever heard from the kid again. And no, I had never seen or heard of that incident until he mentioned it. And I know this is a long post...but finally...my favorite kill (Nealoc has heard this story several times)
Me and a friend at a bar. Run into a couple guys. The guy starts talking about his Camaro (Ugh, wtf is with the Camaro guys) So I play the dumb, girlie, hottie (hehe) "ohhhh, I bet your Camaro is fast." Puppy eyes and all. My friend is trying not to laugh and pretend to be interested in super dork that has attached himself to her. I tell the guy, "But I heard there was a fast pickup that can beat Corvettes, can't a Corvette beat you?" Guy tells me it must be a DODGE DAKOTA R/T (WTF) Anyway, I say, "No, I'm pretty sure it's a Ford or a Lincoln" He says "Oh, it's called a Lightning, but they aren't sh*t, maybe 220 hp." I almost shoot Beer out of my nose at this point. Jesus, 220 hp IF I'M RUNNING ON HALF MY F'IN' CYLS MAYBE. Anyway, we decide it's late and we should go before I bust this guys head open. I give the valet my parking ticket. If you have ever been on Larimer in the summer, you know it's all about the rides. Lambos, Ferraris, Lightnings (hehe) He's tellin' me we should get together, he'll give me a ride in his Camaro (ugh, stroke me gently, right) when I see the most beautiful thing I have ever seen...My baby, my Angel, Purring, coming out of the garage. I see him tilt his head like a Puppy who is getting yelled at for peeing on the rug. She pulls up. The kids damn jaw drops. I politely decline his invitation and lit the tires for 50 ft. hehe...Camaro drivers.
I know the last one isn't about me getting beat but you have to admit, it was one hell of a kill, and do you really see the kid telling the story himself?
CA
Old 02-28-2002, 06:08 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by LightninSVTGirl
We were up at the track for the final TnT night a few months ago and all night I had been running insane RTs and 60's. Decent times for the altitude. Ran quite a few passes. Beat a bad *** lookin' (soundin') 69 Camaro. Thing was intimidating as hell, drug him from line to boards. Then, my final run that night. Cut a light like a God, .506 I think, running this little Prelude, knew I had a problem from jump though, cause that didn't sound like any Prelude I have ever heard. That kid laid the beat down on me by about 2 seconds. Talk about hurt pride. One of my facorites...I am registered on several boards, including F150. One of the boys there posted a question to me. It was a link written by some candy *** stock V8 late model Camaro. Kid was from Aurora, me too. Kid was into hangin and racing, me too. Kid proceeds to talk about how he raced a B*TCH in a white Lightning (coincidence?) and how her tags read I8URCHV (yup, that's me) and he SMOKED her and she pulled up to him at a light and was name calling and talkin trash and all this other insanity. So I made a little trip to his board and called him out. That post went on for almost 2 weeks and nobody ever heard from the kid again. And no, I had never seen or heard of that incident until he mentioned it. And I know this is a long post...but finally...my favorite kill (Nealoc has heard this story several times)
Me and a friend at a bar. Run into a couple guys. The guy starts talking about his Camaro (Ugh, wtf is with the Camaro guys) So I play the dumb, girlie, hottie (hehe) "ohhhh, I bet your Camaro is fast." Puppy eyes and all. My friend is trying not to laugh and pretend to be interested in super dork that has attached himself to her. I tell the guy, "But I heard there was a fast pickup that can beat Corvettes, can't a Corvette beat you" Guy tells me it must be a DODGE DAKOTA R/T (WTF) Anyway, I say, "No, I'm prettt sure it's a Ford or a Lincoln" He says "Oh, it's called a Lightning, but they aren't sh*t, maybe 220 hp." I almost shoot Beer out of my nose at this point. Jesus, 220 hp IF I'M RUNNING ON HALF MY F'IN' CYLS MAYBE. Anyway, we decide it's late and we should go before I bust this guys head open. I give the valet my parking ticket. If you have ever been on Larimer in the summer, you know it's all about the rides. Lambos, Ferraris, Lightnings (hehe) He's tellin' me we should get together, he'll give me a ride in his Camaro (ugh, stroke me gently, right) when I see the most beautiful thing I have ever seen...My baby, my Angel, Purring, coming out of the garage. I see him tilt his head like a Puppy who is getting yelled at for peeing on the rug. She pulls up. The kids damn jaw drops. I politely decline his invitation and lit the tires for 50 ft. hehe...Camaro drivers.
I know the last one isn't about me getting beat but you have to admit, it was one hell of a kill, and do you really see the kid telling the story himself?
CA
2001 lightnings own you
Old 02-28-2002, 06:12 PM

Stock to stock, that might be the case. But you are going to have to find a pretty impressive set up that doesn't blow up on an 01 to "own" my Baby. I've noticed you like giving me a hard time. Wanna race?
CA
Old 02-28-2002, 06:14 PM

I've noticed you like giving me a hard time. Wanna race?
CA
You cant handle this baby
Old 02-28-2002, 06:19 PM

Hehe Craig, you are speedin for a bleedin'.

CA
Old 02-28-2002, 06:23 PM

Hehe Craig, you are speedin for a bleedin'.

CA

Does my automatic family sedan intimidate you? I got twin turbos ya know
Old 02-28-2002, 06:30 PM

If ya wanna hang with me I'll give you and your twin turboes a 2 second staggered lead and let off the gas when I cruise across the line, unless you wanna take it from a roll. Can you hit 150 in that thing? hehe
CA
Old 02-28-2002, 06:34 PM

If ya wanna hang with me I'll give you and your twin turboes a 2 second staggered lead and let off the gas when I cruise across the line, unless you wanna take it from a roll. Can you hit 150 in that thing? hehe
CA
1995 Maxima SE's (what I have) can hit 143mph STOCK. 2001 Lightnings top out at 140mph, while I am guessing '99s are like 125 since they have 40HP less from the factory, and lesser suspension.

With the mods I have I suspect I could easily surpass 150..

Tell me, how does a F-150 that is topheavy reach such high speeds ?

Tell you what, how bout we take a trip down the twisties ... you think you can auto-cross with me ?
Old 02-28-2002, 06:40 PM

She will still rip on you.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
You cant handle this baby
Meet Craig Mack...
mack Craig, mack.

Bow chicka wocka ow.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:42 PM

Wow, 150 from a bolt on, must be magic...just imagine what I could do if my truck didn't weigh 5000 lbs and cover air like a brick wall. I can hang if you can hang, just remember, rubbin' is racin'. And I bet I can rub harder. hehe
CA
Old 02-28-2002, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus
She will still rip on you.
Cyrus she's NOT gonna give you any bro
Old 02-28-2002, 06:47 PM

Damn,
Why does it always have to resort to that? It's cool. Comments like that are cool, when they are coming from 3 seconds behind me where I can't hear it over the supercharger whinin' and your ego being crushed HAHAHAHAHA
CA
Old 02-28-2002, 06:53 PM

My 12-sec turbo Type-R got spanked on the highway by a Firebird. I still claim it was the gearing I was floored and there was just nothing left, nice view of it's rear.

Old 02-28-2002, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by CrippenX
My 12-sec turbo Type-R got spanked on the highway by a Firebird. I still claim it was the gearing p I was floored and there was just nothing left, nice view of it's rear.

What does that have to do with me versus Lightning Girly
Old 02-28-2002, 07:00 PM

1995 Maxima SE's (what I have) can hit 143mph STOCK. 2001 Lightnings top out at 140mph, while I am guessing '99s are like 125 since they have 40HP less from the factory, and lesser suspension.
Umm.. Craig, 99-2000 Lightnings have 360hp. 2001 Lightnings do NOT have 400hp. They have 380hp. BTW torque went from 440lb-ft. to 450lb-ft. in 2001. So please stop with this 40hp thing.

LightninSVTGirl- You're cool.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:03 PM

LightninSVTGirl- You're cool.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:04 PM

Thanks Bad,

I have already told the hp fact to Craig. He refuses to listen. The fact of the matter is, I am making over 400hp and have a picture of the needle buried past 140. I'll have to scan it. It was on the way home from World Ford last year. Bout 2:30 in the morning in the middle of Kansas.

Hehe Craig, I'll tell you again. You are wrong and your friend is not the brightest Crayon in the box. The 99s were rated (and in a few cases UNDERRATED) with 360hp. I am currently pushing over 400 myself. But by all means, please continue to try and tell me about my own vehicle, which I slept, ate, breathed for the last 2 and a half years. It's amusing.
CA
Old 02-28-2002, 07:16 PM

Don't worry, I'm 18, she's 25, I couldn't make it work with a 20 year old.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:21 PM

Hehe Craig, I'll tell you again. You are wrong and your friend is not the brightest Crayon in the box. The 99s were rated (and in a few cases UNDERRATED) with 360hp. I am currently pushing over 400 myself. But by all means, please continue to try and tell me about my own vehicle, which I slept, ate, breathed for the last 2 and a half years. It's amusing.
CA
Yea he isn't. Just did some research and you are right. I think the dealer pumped him up becuase he thinks he could rape any '99 stock lightning. I must say his lightning is by far the most beautiful.

But seriously SVTgirl, I love lightnings. They are my dream car and am sure yours would make me drool. Feel in love with them from the moment I saw it...you have a really bad@ss peice of machinery there

Quick Reply: (Car vs Car) What's the worst you've ever been beaten?