General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Shing: Power Delivery..

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2000, 10:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

While I was driving last night I tried to pay attention to the engine and its power delivery. I really didn't notice anything from the engine. You sure its not the tranny? When I give the car part throttle from a stop. The revs rise to 2k and hang there as the car speeds up. Kinda like when you hang a clutch and its engagement point and just hold it there and step on the gas and let out the clutch very slowly. So maybe the auto tranny just slips like crazy. Not like our trannies are shot. Because when I floor it.. There is no slipping. But during part throttle. I'm not sure if that would be it. Or could even be a factor. But thats what I noticed. No jerking from my engine.

ZuM
Old 11-17-2000, 01:03 PM
The missing moderator

Well I really donno what the cause may be... it could very well be the tranny... there is just power surges if you run through the RPMs. I'll try and see under what situations will this occur.

-shing

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
While I was driving last night I tried to pay attention to the engine and its power delivery. I really didn't notice anything from the engine. You sure its not the tranny? When I give the car part throttle from a stop. The revs rise to 2k and hang there as the car speeds up. Kinda like when you hang a clutch and its engagement point and just hold it there and step on the gas and let out the clutch very slowly. So maybe the auto tranny just slips like crazy. Not like our trannies are shot. Because when I floor it.. There is no slipping. But during part throttle. I'm not sure if that would be it. Or could even be a factor. But thats what I noticed. No jerking from my engine.

ZuM
Old 11-17-2000, 01:11 PM

When I give the car part throttle from a stop. The revs rise to 2k and hang there as the car speeds up.

ZuM
That (2000 rpm) must be the stall speed of the tranny.
Old 11-17-2000, 02:04 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yep it is..

ZuM

Originally posted by madmax2k
When I give the car part throttle from a stop. The revs rise to 2k and hang there as the car speeds up.

ZuM
That (2000 rpm) must be the stall speed of the tranny.