General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ME Variable Intake Manifold Part # ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by iansw

O hyeah, he already said the $350 INCLUDES butterflys and vaccum canister.

Now what is the RPM switch about, and how do we get it to work with our ECU's???
I don't think that there was ever an issue with the ECU?? Don't rememer Matt having that problem?? hmmm??
Old 03-04-2002, 08:49 PM

O hyeah, he already said the $350 INCLUDES butterflys and vaccum canister.

Now what is the RPM switch about, and how do we get it to work with our ECU's???
I hope we can get you the info you needed, and get yours on and working, because for $350 I will buy one tomorrow. Just don't tell your supplier that he will have hords of people coming to buy this or he might jack the price?? LOL
Old 03-04-2002, 08:53 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

WOW.. great job IanS..

i know for a FACT this roadbeast guy is making a killing off of these things... The guys only listens if you start flashing the cash. Whats this "im the best when u put it to the test" bs.. yea. i'm putting him to the test "oh i'm bored. i dont want to help anymore" BS.. talk about selfish..

New Zealand seems likea great place to get stuff (ala Emax) we just need to make sure its the right pieces... has anyone tried to contact Nissan Japan for their manufacturing dept.. for importing the machines.. cuz its all made their and sent to ME or NZ or Europe..

i have a friend that lives in New Zealand and works here in the states.. i'm gonna try to have him just bring home one piece next time he goes (april i thinks)..

there's gonna be a huge market for these...

everyone try their hardest to email all their sources.. collectively, if we join all our research data. we can get this sucker readily available to the true enthusiasts in here.! yay
Old 03-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Victim64

I hope we can get you the info you needed, and get yours on and working, because for $350 I will buy one tomorrow. Just don't tell your supplier that he will have hords of people coming to buy this or he might jack the price?? LOL
I don't mean to be harsh, but as the convo evolves with my supplier, He is asking me if I would like to be his US Supplier...that would mean I would need to make some kind of profit to cover my time.

But I swear i won't rape anyone, ever. WAY less than $650.00.

IanS
Old 03-04-2002, 09:05 PM

I don't mean to be harsh, but as the convo evolves with my supplier, He is asking me if I would like to be his US Supplier...that would mean I would need to make some kind of profit to cover my time.

IanS
Ian as long as we know we're getting the correct parts with everything needed this is still a great mod for a good price. I always thought Roadbeast was shady, and I didn't have $650 to play with to see if the manifold even worked. People won't mind paying you for your effort and time, but compensation for time is totally different than monopolizing the market to keep prices artificially high. I continue order from Phuong even if his prices are slightly higher (which they usually aren't ) because I appreciate what he does and consider his service of value. Give me a fair price and I'll take an intake manifold once I get some more cash.
-hype
Old 03-04-2002, 09:11 PM

IanS
i'm still listening - this is gonna rock!!!
Old 03-04-2002, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by xHypex

Ian as long as we know we're getting the correct parts with everything needed this is still a great mod for a good price. I always thought Roadbeast was shady, and I didn't have $650 to play with to see if the manifold even worked. People won't mind paying you for your effort and time, but compensation for time is totally different than monopolizing the market to keep prices artificially high. I continue order from Phuong even if his prices are slightly higher (which they usually aren't ) because I appreciate what he does and consider his service of value. Give me a fair price and I'll take an intake manifold once I get some more cash.
-hype
I still need all the details of what parts EXACTLY I need to make the Kit you all would buy.

I just spoke to my guy. It is the 38U Intake.

I also need to know any snags I may run into on the way, ECU Problems, etc....

And I need assistance in Seattle installing it.

This may be a few weeks....i thought MardiGras was gonna do a write-up?

IanS
Old 03-04-2002, 09:24 PM

I emailed 6 different NZ Nissan dealers today. I am curious to what responses I get. Did you go thru a official Nissan dealer or what?

Do you have all the exact part numbers for everything? If so please post!

I am in for $350 shipped for sure!

Columbus Ohio would be a nice central located distrubtuion point!

Let me know what I can do! One of my good friend's dad lives in NZ and is an editor for some puplication there. If I can be of more assistance let me know, I'll get back to this thread as soon as I here back from the nissan dealers in NZ,

Peace in the middle east!
Old 03-04-2002, 09:27 PM

IanS
Currently 585 shipped for the intake on the group deal. The vacuum & switch can be gotten around, cuz Mardi doesnt have the stock switch either, he made his own.

If it comes with the intake & switch for 350 to the states, i have no problem paying you 400 for it. I think 50 per set is quite fair, considering how many ppl would want to buy this.

Besides, you could save on bulk orders from NZ, both in lower cost per item, as well as bundle shipping.

Well, time will tell.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Prodeje79
I emailed 6 different NZ Nissan dealers today. I am curious to what responses I get. Did you go thru a official Nissan dealer or what?

Do you have all the exact part numbers for everything? If so please post!

I am in for $350 shipped for sure!

Columbus Ohio would be a nice central located distrubtuion point!

Let me know what I can do! One of my good friend's dad lives in NZ and is an editor for some puplication there. If I can be of mrope assistance let me know, I'll get back to this thread as soon as I here back from the nissan dealers in NZ,

Peace in the middle east!
My source is an obscure place that is not a Nissan Dealer. My brother spent some time in NZ last year and met some people.

I would like to keep my sources private for now. This is not to monopolize, just to make sure I get the first one. Hope that's understandable.

But I need alot more info.
What all was Road Beast selling with his kit?
i will try and get a price on all the same parts.

Road Beast: This is nothing against you. It's just that the Maxima.org community has been VERY helpful to me in the last year, and I want to pay the community back.

I just spoke to my guy again. he says it's hard to find manifolds, but he will see what he can do. I may not be able to get more than 10.....so the price is now $700! <just kidding>

Seriously, he won't know how many he can get until tomorrow.

Old 03-04-2002, 09:48 PM

Road beast was just selling the manifold. No RPM switches / butterflies / vacuum canister.

He wanted $200 US on top of the $650 for the additional parts. Sounds like a bargain

I'm really ****ed off about this, but I guess that's what being a guinea pig is about.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by ereet
Road beast was just selling the manifold. No RPM switches / butterflies / vacuum canister.

He wanted $200 US on top of the $650 for the additional parts. Sounds like a bargain

I'm really ****ed off about this, but I guess that's what being a guinea pig is about.
My guy has gone out of his house for the day to look for parts. I'll get back to you all on this tomorrow morning, NZ time.

It's nice to actually be able to contribute something solid to this board.

Do I get Maxima of the Month if I pull this off!?!?

Old 03-04-2002, 10:29 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

My guy has gone out of his house for the day to look for parts. I'll get back to you all on this tomorrow morning, NZ time.

It's nice to actually be able to contribute something solid to this board.

Do I get Maxima of the Month if I pull this off!?!?

If you pull this off I'll vote whatever you want me to vote

Just curious if these parts you're sourcing are brand new or used.
EDIT: I'll buy one either way I'm just curious...
Old 03-04-2002, 10:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dibs on one.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:33 PM

I should have stated that before.

These are used.

I will give them a good cleaning before I sell them. And be sure that they all conform 100%.

A new one is over $700 US, and that's without the butterflies or the canister.

IanS
Old 03-04-2002, 11:06 PM
I'm needing a caw

Wow Ian! Nice score for the team man!

Hey, let me know when you get your hands on one. I would be happy to give you a hand. I should be able to help at least on the mechanicals.

dig around for Mardigras's posts. He had a full dyno write up. It might also have info for the rpm switch. It doesn't interact w/ the ecu at all(I think), It just a rpm activated vacuum solenoid of some sort.

I'll help as much as I can.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:28 PM

YAY!

Someone engrish talking now.

Give me try i is the best!
Old 03-04-2002, 11:41 PM

Did anyone consider that maybe Roadbeast isnt' making that much money off of this? He's from Bahrain, these intakes Ian found are from NZ. Different countries, different prices for cars, different exchange rates. Kind of like how those Budget Y-Pipes from Canada are so cheap due to the exchange rate, etc. He may charge $650, but may only make $50. The NZ guy may only charge $350, but he could be making $100. Why are you guys jumping on him so hard? Before this, you guys loved him for bringing the intakes. Without him, would you guys even have gotten some intakes to try out? Who got this all started for you guys?

And those of you making fun of his English, you guys are just A$$holes. Go to Bahrain and see how well you speak Arabic.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
Did anyone consider that maybe Roadbeast isnt' making that much money off of this? He's from Bahrain, these intakes Ian found are from NZ. Different countries, different prices for cars, different exchange rates. Kind of like how those Budget Y-Pipes from Canada are so cheap due to the exchange rate, etc. He may charge $650, but may only make $50. The NZ guy may only charge $350, but he could be making $100. Why are you guys jumping on him so hard? Before this, you guys loved him for bringing the intakes. Without him, would you guys even have gotten some intakes to try out? Who got this all started for you guys?

And those of you making fun of his English, you guys are just A$$holes. Go to Bahrain and see how well you speak Arabic.
Ditto and Amen
Old 03-04-2002, 11:51 PM

Seriously, Shadow is right.

I just got lucky, and I never said Road Beast was ripping anyone.

He DID bring us the idea in the first place...

Like I said, me doing this is completely bcause I want to, and not because of anything else. I'm now considering barring sales to anyone who disses Road Beast from now on.

Like I said:

"Road Beast: This is nothing against you. It's just that the Maxima.org community has been VERY helpful to me in the last year, and I want to pay the community back. "

much respect, Road Beast. You da man!

IanS
Old 03-05-2002, 12:01 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Wow Ian! Nice score for the team man!

Hey, let me know when you get your hands on one. I would be happy to give you a hand. I should be able to help at least on the mechanicals.

dig around for Mardigras's posts. He had a full dyno write up. It might also have info for the rpm switch. It doesn't interact w/ the ecu at all(I think), It just a rpm activated vacuum solenoid of some sort.

I'll help as much as I can.
Yeah, I definately need your help on this, Jeff. Maybe we can talk Sam into it too, eh? He seems to really know his stuff.

Everyone Else:
Please don't get too excited yet. I know I can get probably 5 minimum, but I don't know how many I can get total.

If I do buy them for people, I'm gonna need money up-front, too. I'm not loaded.

Goodnight.

IanS
Old 03-05-2002, 12:37 AM
I'm needing a caw

You need to bug mardi about which gaskets(lower one is probably stock) to use. And how to rig the rpm switch. Other than that, it looks fairly easy imho. Sam could definately help though.

Yeah, I definately need your help on this, Jeff. Maybe we can talk Sam into it too, eh? He seems to really know his stuff.

Everyone Else:
Please don't get too excited yet. I know I can get probably 5 minimum, but I don't know how many I can get total.

If I do buy them for people, I'm gonna need money up-front, too. I'm not loaded.

Goodnight.

IanS
Old 03-05-2002, 12:48 AM

Finally somebody with an open mind thank's for that comment it surely speak's for itself.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:47 AM

I hope this works out for yuo guys. $350 is a great price!!, but I can definitely see the supply running out soon, because theres only gonna be so many used intakes around, then I think we'll see the price going back up. I sure do wish that I got mine for $350 though.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:40 AM

Good post Shadow...
Old 03-05-2002, 06:09 AM

Yeah! What he said!

And, like Road beast said, he's not making the money. The monopolistic Nissan dealer in his country is. I know what that's like.

I'm also from a small country, and they only have one Mercedes Benz dealer for the entire country. Know how exploitative that can be?? They have their own TV station . . . . . Always Benz ads all over the place.

DW

Old 03-05-2002, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by rOaD bEaSt
blah blah blah

i could result to personal insults.. but thats not my game .. i am too intelligent for that.. and the black person = monkey joke? it doesn't phase me.. so keep them coming big man
Old 03-05-2002, 06:33 AM
Administrator

you mean like this?

http://64.252.159.123/~doug/toady.htm

I don't want to talk to you anymore but next time don't show anything about me and don't talk about my business , and don't show now that yuo are a good person because you aren't ..

I hope I saved your all posts with me in the AIM then they will know how bad are you ..

Thanks for your nice treatment , but at the end you will know that I wasn't ****ing anyone and I wasn't liying about the intake , by the way because of you I just lost one business ..

Remember that you showed me that I was liying and at the end I post everything and I showed you that I wasn't and all what I said was right and I will prove that again

14th is the last day for me for selling the intake and then I quit forever
Old 03-05-2002, 06:49 AM
Administrator

This prove that I was nice to you ..
no that proves you were a arrogant sonfa***** who had no patience and didn't care if i was spending $800 on a deal that only costed you $500 and that you said that matts thing wouldn't work and i shoudl buy from you..

And this prove that took to long to get the parts ..
it was already established that i would take long.. getting parts takes time.. i can't just go pick it up.. please.. you do the same thing to thomas.. even I had to help him find your parts..

And I can't see my post about selling you the switch for 50 USD ..
we had more than 1 AIM convo dumbass

This mean that you are liying ..
no means you are lying

And I told you keep my business out and I will keep your business out and I will not reply to anything about what you are gonna say ..
you keep replying though.. how funny is that?

And let the guys to judge between me and you
only God can judge me.. read my sig.. i could care less what people think of me..

And god does know that I'm clean and I have a white person and I helped alot of guys ..
i am black.. does that mean i am not clean?

And I was always nice to the guys
no you were always about your self.. your AIM convo's proved it.. now if everyone else would post theirs we would knwo you for you true self.. a selfish money makign bastard
Old 03-05-2002, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by bill99gxe

i am god here
but you are on my side so it doesn't count..

and ANY idiot who owns a maxima knows that SPRINT SPRINGS were on back order for months.. you don't ask me to buy you sprint springs.. i tell you they are on back order and you expect me to take them off back order

what am I God?

just like the gauges you asked thomas to buy were on backorder.. and he had to search the whole country and ended up paying more than they are actually worth because you kept annoying the **** out of him on AIM
Old 03-05-2002, 06:58 AM
Administrator

bitter, bitter, bitter..... [/B]
i am not bitter.. it just that i don't make springs in my back yard..

ask mtrai760 if i didn't beg and plead with him to hold his gauge for thomas so Roadbeast could get his stupid gauge..

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=gauge

its funny how i keep going out of my way to help people
Old 03-05-2002, 07:16 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by SprintMax

I know i am getting there thats why i put the disclaimer in the sig.. hoping it would prolong my time to getting there.. please don't leave the org Bill.. i don't want your role any sooner
I was watching WWF Smackdown or something a couple of weeks ago and realized "The Game", "The Rock", etc., were taken. So I might as well be "The Problem".

I doubt few would actually want to be cursed with senior moderator status.....

I'm still tempted to stipulate that any $1000 donation to the dot orgy gets me eliminated as moderator....that would make my life simpler and dot orgy run better......
Old 03-05-2002, 07:23 AM
Administrator

I want to be "The Head Game"

I was watching WWF Smackdown or something a couple of weeks ago and realized "The Game", "The Rock", etc., were taken. So I might as well be "The Problem".

I doubt few would actually want to be cursed with senior moderator status.....

I'm still tempted to stipulate that any $1000 donation to the dot orgy gets me eliminated as moderator....that would make my life simpler and dot orgy run better......
Old 03-05-2002, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Yeah maybe I did that because I was angry about Matt that day , but ask the other guys I gave them the chance to get my switch or to follow my way , and yeah I still think that my way is better because this does come with my intake ..
thats between you and matt.. but quite frankly.. i seen matt rip out an engine and put one back.. hook up delio's quaife.. and i be damned if i am going to trust the word of a total stranger over Matt.. i don't think so..

And please , this is too bad to make problems between me and the others ..
you are digging your own hole.. not me..

This make you weak , because you wanna turn them , that;s all
i am only telling people what is true.. everyone thinks you are some innocent NOS guy from a foreign country who is learning english and is the sweetest guy in the world.. where others know you as a pushover.. who only cares about himself and making money off some intakes.. and that **** you said about WTC.. thats wasn't even called for.. you are an ******* .. plain and simple and after you said what you said.. thats how i know your true colors.. YOU are turnign people.. with your racial insults to me and all your cockyness.. and you said you were going to stop responding?
Old 03-05-2002, 07:29 AM

This make you weak , because you wanna turn them , thats all

Cant we all just get along.

Imagine all the people living life in peace....
Old 03-05-2002, 07:36 AM

i think thread lock is need it hehe.....
Old 03-05-2002, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by AznStevie
i think thread lock is need it hehe.....
NO!

people need to know whats going on.. you can't just try to cover stuff up and hide it everytime the truth comes out..
Old 03-05-2002, 08:05 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax

NO!

people need to know whats going on.. you can't just try to cover stuff up and hide it everytime the truth comes out..
Moderator, lock this thread...I'll start a new one about my intakes. Please keep the conversations on that thread polite.

ALthough I am curious...What did he say about 9/11?

IanS
Old 03-05-2002, 08:11 AM

He did not say anything about 9/11, he was having an argument with another member and VERY racial insults were being exchanged. Both parties were being VERY malicious. His comment was not at all mocking the tragedy of 9/11. I have seen the file of the argument and I dont have a problem with it. I lost my brother in law on 9/11. I find holding the 9/11 thing over him as arguing power to be revolting.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:21 AM

I'm glad that the intakes were offered to allow us to test their potential, but I know for a fact that more than 1 intake has been sold below the initial $650 or $585 group deal price. That just tells me that he was making more than $50 on each intake, which would be fine for compensation for his time. Everyone *****es about Stillen and others who gouge prices, but what makes this any different? For the money $550 isn't even bad when compared to a Ypipe, but that's still not a reason to charge well over the purchase price in the first place.
-hype

Quick Reply: ME Variable Intake Manifold Part # ??