General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Heres my dyno graph

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 03:16 PM

Heres my dyno graph

My mods are Cattman Y-pipe and JWT intake. Something is messed up with my car. I am having a similar power loss to what MAX_Gator has been experiencing.
Heres the Link:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...32542789FSySDU

Thanks Szymon for Scanning it!
Old 03-05-2002, 03:36 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: Heres my dyno graph

Originally posted by MAX2000JP
My mods are Cattman Y-pipe and JWT intake. Something is messed up with my car. I am having a similar power loss to what MAX_Gator has been experiencing.
Heres the Link:

Look at you Knock sensor... it has been a topic for the 4th gens , so maybe it is what is killing you.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:14 PM

Yea something is definetly wrong with your car. The HP isn't there.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You do realize that your dyno is almost identical to mine.

My dyno is here:

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/maxgator/oldVSrecent.BMP

We both have max hp around 5000 rpms just before the intake runners switch. HP stays flat until about 6k rpms and then at 6k rpms begins to fall off.

Torque falls off all the way to about 125-135.

Your max hp is 171/168 mine is 163.
Your max tq is 195/191 mine is 185.

In otherwords, your results are parallel to mine except a little higher. That most likely can be explained by the y and intake on yours but not on mine.

On the 5th gens, the y and intake really only show their effectiveness after the runners switch at 5200. Thus, it makes sense that your results are only a few hp/tq over mine instead of the 13 or so hp they would gain over a stock 5th gen with working VIAS

No doubt we have the same problem: the 5th gen variable intake system is not working.

For those interested, see this thread for a more "thorough" discussion:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=99861
Old 03-08-2002, 07:46 AM
PhatGuy

Re: Heres my dyno graph

Heres the Link:

WoW no wonder you always getting smoked by Bimmers! (j/k)
Why don't you bring it to the dealer?

Old 03-08-2002, 07:48 AM

Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

Originally posted by PhatGuy

WoW no wonder you always getting smoked by Bimmers! (j/k)
Why don't you bring it to the dealer?
LOL.

Read the thread!
Old 03-08-2002, 07:50 AM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

Originally posted by Max_Gator

LOL.

Read the thread!
I did.. maybe I missed as to why he can't bring it to the dealer?

Old 03-08-2002, 07:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

I did.. maybe I missed as to why he can't bring it to the dealer?
I meant the thread I referred to in my post. It's essentially a chronology of all my problems in getting Nissan to ADMIT THERE IS A *&%$# problem. Although, I think I'm at the breakthrough stage.

Real reason is that he still has his y-pipe on.
Old 03-08-2002, 08:00 AM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

Originally posted by Max_Gator

I meant the thread I referred to in my post. It's essentially a chronology of all my problems in getting Nissan to ADMIT THERE IS A *&%$# problem. Although, I think I'm at the breakthrough stage.

Real reason is that he still has his y-pipe on.
Ah ok I will read through that link. He should take the Y-pipe off go in and start *****in' "I'm tired of getting smoked by Bimmers fix it!"

Old 03-08-2002, 08:10 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

Ah ok I will read through that link. He should take the Y-pipe off go in and start *****in' "I'm tired of getting smoked by Bimmers fix it!"
That will be promptly followed by:

"Well, sir, there is nothing wrong with your car."

"Well, yes sir, I have driven the car, it feels plenty fast I even tested it against another maxima."

"Yes sir, I know yours is a 5spd and that one is an automatic but I don't really think that makes much of a difference."

"Sir, it feels fast. In fact, it feels a lot faster than my Sentra."

That will be followed by a cross-eyed befuddled looks from first the service advisor, then the tech and then the service manager as he spends two days attempting to explain the concept of a variable intake system.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:06 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

I might take my y-pipe off Saturday, but I dont know if I will have enough time. I am gonna help my brother put H&R's on his Max. I think my dealer is gonna give me a hard time fixing this problem. The last major thing that was wrong with my car was the tach was misreading the rpms. To get this fixed i had to take it in 4 times and finally met some progress when I talked with the owner of the dealership. I am kinda waiting for MaxGator to find out some more info, so he could provide me with some solid information on a fix. I hope it comes soon because I got a slightly used UDP lined up to buy
Old 03-08-2002, 09:09 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

Man i thought i couldnt drive when I ran that 15.3@91 with intake and y-pipe. Now that i look at it thats pretty damn good for a car making LESS hp than stock. I was loosing to cars that I knew I shouldnt on the road, so I finally dynoed. Should have done it right after i ran that 15.3. When i get the VIAS fixed and get the UDP on I honestly believe I can run a 14.6-14.7 no problem.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:24 AM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

Man i thought i couldnt drive when I ran that 15.3@91 with intake and y-pipe. Now that i look at it thats pretty damn good for a car making LESS hp than stock. I was loosing to cars that I knew I shouldnt on the road, so I finally dynoed. Should have done it right after i ran that 15.3. When i get the VIAS fixed and get the UDP on I honestly believe I can run a 14.6-14.7 no problem.
I said this to you a long long time ago! And you guys started flaming when I said there must be something wrong with your car or your driving skills? Driving skills now ruled out. You seemed to find it hard to believe that mildly modded 5th gens can run with 330's e36 M3 etc.. Your UDP is that last thing you should worry about! You should go back to stock and get the dealer to start working on the problem. Not all dealers are the same either so you may not have the same issues as Gator. Bottomline IMO spend the time going back to stock and getting it in to the dealer rather worring about a UDP etc..

Old 03-08-2002, 02:48 PM

Any idea why these intakes semm to be failing? I have seen this with a few people now.

SuDZ
Old 03-08-2002, 04:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Heres my dyno graph

I said this to you a long long time ago! And you guys started flaming when I said there must be something wrong with your car or your driving skills? Driving skills now ruled out. You seemed to find it hard to believe that mildly modded 5th gens can run with 330's e36 M3 etc.. Your UDP is that last thing you should worry about! You should go back to stock and get the dealer to start working on the problem. Not all dealers are the same either so you may not have the same issues as Gator. Bottomline IMO spend the time going back to stock and getting it in to the dealer rather worring about a UDP etc..
I was saying that their was something wrong with my car too, but my buddies said it was all in my head. The deal with the UDP is that I got a good deal with this guy arranged and I dont want to keep him hanging. Im just gonna buy it and hold onto it until my car is fixed or I can give it to my bro. As for beating M3's, maybe autos, but I will have to do a quick run against the 330i