General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got Spanked!!! By a New Bettle

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 06:56 PM

Got Spanked!!! By a New Bettle

Hey guys I was out driving today and I approach a Stop light and this Guy driving a New Beetle pulls up next to me... I thought this guy was fruity B/c the car was Yellow and Had a flag on the Antenna and not to mention he had a Flower in it LOL. I couldn't help but to laugh at the guy but when he reved at me and looked over I knew he wanted a piece. I usally don't race people on the street but this guy I had to ruin his Ego. Light turns Green and We were dead even through first gear and I thought I hear Turbos Spool. But when this guy shifts to second gear he barks the tires and puts a full carlength on me. Now the 2 girls that were riding with me are laughing so I knew I would take him in High End. As we Get past 80 MPH he has about 3 car lengths and still Pulling...and His Spoiler Delpoys from the rear glass. I shut down b/c there was no Point in continuing.
I have just been beatend and embarrassed by a Bug. I had know Idea that was the 1.8 I thought it was just a Normal 118 Hp Bug.
I caught up to he guy and we pull into a gas station to chat. He said that was his moms car and that is other car is a Mustang GT but it was in the shop. He was cool about it and All...And I told him he should mod that car b/c it would be a Huge Sleeper.

If Only I was driving My 3000GT!!
Old 03-06-2002, 07:07 PM

The 3000GT SL would lose even worse compared to the Maxima.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:09 PM

The 3000GT SL would lose even worse compared to the Maxima.
I hope that was a really Poor attempt at sarcasm
Old 03-06-2002, 07:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That sucks, I hate to say it but, New Beetle Turbo S = New Beatle.

mAdD MAX- The 165hp base 3000GT is what you're thinking of, SL's have a 222hp DOHC V6 and front drive.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:32 PM

Originally posted by Badaxxima

mAdD MAX- The 165hp base 3000GT is what you're thinking of, SL's have a 222hp DOHC V6 and front drive.
Yes you are Correct. Pre-97s Base Models did have 222 Hp though... I didn't know that Until I raced one and we stayed dead even. Its funny when People ask me "Is that Turbo" I and say "No" and they say "its a piece of **** then" Then I carve them a New one...especailly the Mustang GT's. They are so over rated. I'm underated due to FWD..I can't come off the line quickly...Revs above 2000 I'll roast the tires...Below and I'll Bog. In a Couple a Years thought I'm buying a Twin Turbo VR-4 but insurance is a *****...after read post about the 02 Max I'm thinking about one of them..
Old 03-06-2002, 07:33 PM

Kick the two girls out next time, unless you like them.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I see that you have a 3rd gen, if you have a 4th gen, you might have taken him.

And yes, insurance on the VR4s are crazy. My friend had a '93 VR4, it was really really fast, but at last, he couldn't keep it. The insurance was killing him. He had to get rid of that, he got himself a '95 Integra GSR. lol...I couldn't take him with the VR4, but now I could take him.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Funny...

I know a guy selling a manual 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, white over black leather with every option in the book, chromed factory wheels and all the accessories (gold package, mats, embroidery etc.). Watch it - you just drooled on your keyboard. Thing has less than 20,000 miles. I ask him why he selling his car, I mean the thing has absolutely no problems and it's in IMMACULATE condition. He looks as me and says "I'm getting a Spyder". For a second I'm like WTF and then I realize what he means. DAMN that guy is too lucky! He just bought the Spyder too, so now he has both in his driveway (even though he has to sell one). And they have the exact same options and accessories except his Spyder is red. I wouldn't race him in either, but my buddy with a Saleen Rustang apparently worked his Spyder Oh well, I'd take the Mitsu over that POS any day!
-Cyrus
Old 03-06-2002, 08:40 PM

Re: Funny...

Originally posted by Vyrus
I know a guy selling a manual 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, white over black leather with every option in the book, chromed factory wheels and all the accessories (gold package, mats, embroidery etc.). Watch it - you just drooled on your keyboard. Thing has less than 20,000 miles. I ask him why he selling his car, I mean the thing has absolutely no problems and it's in IMMACULATE condition. He looks as me and says "I'm getting a Spyder". For a second I'm like WTF and then I realize what he means. DAMN that guy is too lucky! He just bought the Spyder too, so now he has both in his driveway (even though he has to sell one). And they have the exact same options and accessories except his Spyder is red. I wouldn't race him in either, but my buddy with a Saleen Rustang apparently worked his Spyder Oh well, I'd take the Mitsu over that POS any day!
-Cyrus
if it was a saleen 351 it would have COMPLETELY owned the GT. they run high 12s i believe....
Old 03-07-2002, 03:09 AM

Originally posted by Badaxxima

I just spanked one of those Turbo S beetles the other day, with a fishy clutch... ? I have the same engine has you, yet I pulled away off the line a full car length. The beetle caught up when I shifted into second and I heard the turbos, but I pulled away like nothing and was gone... ????
Aren['t they supposed to be like 180hp or something??? I thought I heard that on a commercial.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:36 AM

Originally posted by nismo1989

I just spanked one of those Turbo S beetles the other day, with a fishy clutch... ? I have the same engine has you, yet I pulled away off the line a full car length. The beetle caught up when I shifted into second and I heard the turbos, but I pulled away like nothing and was gone... ????
Aren['t they supposed to be like 180hp or something??? I thought I heard that on a commercial.
The old turbo Beetles were 150 hp, the brand new ones are 180hp, and scream around pretty good. I think they are a fair race, unlike all those kids in the Civic's
Old 03-07-2002, 07:05 AM

Re: Re: Funny...

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
if it was a saleen 351 it would have COMPLETELY owned the GT. they run high 12s i believe....
Thats until the 3KGT gets BPU and upgraded turbos then its bye bye Stang.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by nismo1989
1) You do NOT have the SAME engine I do. Yours has a Billy Badass Popcharger, muffler and cat. You also have Z-rated tires. Although I think I could take you off the line.
2) Yes they do have 180hp, they cranked up the boost. They also have 5 valves per cylinder, very good powerbands for 1.8L screamers.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:33 AM

Originally posted by CometMAX

I hope that was a really Poor attempt at sarcasm
Well...I dunno...

A buddy of mine has a chipped 1.8T Beetle (not a Turbo S) and when we ran at the track last time, he beat me, 14.84 to my 14.86.

Let me tell you....I havent heard the end of it!

Granted, we are comparing a stock 2000 Max to a chipped Beetle, but he still won. (Well, I actually crossed the line first since I jumped out of the hole first. But, ET to ET, he was quicker.)

He dynos about 175 whp on the same dyno as me.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by CometMAX
In a Couple a Years thought I'm buying a Twin Turbo VR-4 but insurance is a *****...after read post about the 02 Max I'm thinking about one of them..
I almost bought a VR4 instead of the Maxima. Gobs of power, more than I thought I could use (dumb!). Main thing was I didn't like the back seats for passengers and the ride was harsh (and now I'm on coilovers with 17" wheels ... duh!). Insurance was maybe $50 more per year for me, so that was pretty much a non-issue. That surprised me.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:19 PM

So you think it would have been Closer if I didnt have the 2 extra Girls in my car???
It wasn't the Turbo S..but the 150 hp Turbo one.

How much is that guy selling that White VR-4 for?
I might be intrested in a couple of years when my rates go down...I'm only 18 so it sucks badly..I might need another car to. I dunno How much longer the Max will Hold on. No Problems yet *knock on wood*
My Grandmothers Max I think would rape that Bettle...she has a'97 SE Auto

Thats until the 3KGT gets BPU and upgraded turbos then its bye bye Stang.
Yup theres one guy on the Boards of 3si.org That has a Stealth and runs Mid 11s Constantly and that with Traction Problems Out of an AWD car

Come Spank this one for me and Put Maxima Back to the Top!!

Hey Vyrus.....Is your Friend on 3si.org??
If not tell him about it.