General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My Max was stolen and stripped Monday morning... ****ed

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 11:24 AM

My Max was stolen and stripped Monday morning... ****ed

I'm still p*ssed!!! I lost my baby Sun night or very early monday... Apparently, they jumped a security gate (Apt complex), disengaged the alarm, and hotwired the car.. They took it to a secluded place and stripped the interior to nothing but the steering wheel.. They took the leather seats, door panels, stereo, center console, sub & amp, intake.. They even took the external mirrors and the door rubber seals.... Didnt take the airbag controller, have no idea why they didnt.. They spray painted the windows black on the inside.. I reported the car stolen at 6am.
It was found at an apt complex across the street at 7am..Apt manager found it.. Adjuster looked at the car, he said he will claim the car totaled.. I'm going to miss my ride so much.. Man, I feel violated!!! Assh*les!!!

Mark
Old 03-08-2002, 11:28 AM
PhatGuy

If it makes you feel any better a lot of people pay to have that done.

Old 03-08-2002, 11:34 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by PhatGuy
If it makes you feel any better a lot of people pay to have that done.
Yea Mark I am sure the deductable wont feel good but you'll be getting a new Maxima right ?
Old 03-08-2002, 11:37 AM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

Damn sorry about the loss that sucks.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Yea Mark I am sure the deductable wont feel good but you'll be getting a new Maxima right ?
Actually, not right now.. I cant risk getting a new MAX if I cant garage keep it.. I've been looking at houses, so maybe then.. For right now, I'm looking for a used compact truck, 4X4.. Just cant chance it right now..
Old 03-08-2002, 11:38 AM
I'm needing a caw

Hmmmm. Alot of shady people do this. They take stuff off the car so the insurance will total it. When it comes up for auction, they bid on it for super cheap. Since they already have the exact parts to repair it. They fix it up and then resale it for a huge profit. It's all legal(on paper anyway)

Have no idea why they would spray paint the windows. Probably to prevent anyone seeing in when they were stripping the enterior.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:39 AM
PhatGuy

Mark where do you live?

Keep an eye on ebay (should be called efence)

EZ

Old 03-08-2002, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Hmmmm. Alot of shady people do this. They take stuff off the car so the insurance will total it. When it comes up for auction, they bid on it for super cheap. Since they already have the exact parts to repair it. They fix it up and then resale it for a huge profit. It's all legal(on paper anyway)

Have no idea why they would spray paint the windows. Probably to prevent anyone seeing in when they were stripping the enterior.
Well, probably true... I'm working on taking off all my remaining mods right now.. I also noticed the gas cover was open.. They may have screwed with the engine.. Be careful guys..
Old 03-08-2002, 11:44 AM

I live in Corpus Christi, Texas

I live in Corpus Christi, Texas..
It sounds like a parts shop operation.. From what I heard, they hit a lot of Mustang GT's a few weeks ago...

Mark where do you live?

Keep an eye on ebay (should be called efence)

EZ
Old 03-08-2002, 11:47 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by Mark96SE

Well, probably true... I'm working on taking off all my remaining mods right now.. I also noticed the gas cover was open.. They may have screwed with the engine.. Be careful guys..
What mods were left on the car? Your car was "Marked" (bad pun) 95% of the time it is someone you have meet, seen, know, associate etc.. Was one of the back windows broken which is the easist way to get by the alarm on a 4th gen?

Old 03-08-2002, 11:50 AM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

damn man.. i feel your pain It's too bad there's so many idiots out there these days..

If it makes u feel better...

Oh and if you need to sell your parts, send me an email, I can help
Old 03-08-2002, 11:54 AM

No windows were broken, the keyhole's were'nt tampered with.. They either used a slim jim and disabled the alarm immediately or maybe used the same radio frequency that the alarm has to disable it.. As far as looking modified, its lowered and all but on stock rims.. I think they were only after the interior or the car would be in Mexico about 3 hours away..

What mods were left on the car? Your car was "Marked" (bad pun) 95% of the time it is someone you have meet, seen, know, associate etc.. Was one of the back windows broken which is the easist way to get by the alarm on a 4th gen?
Old 03-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

May horrible things happen to those bastards.

Old 03-08-2002, 11:55 AM
I'm needing a caw

If it's a salvage scam, they probably don't care about mods. Only that the car is clean. They probably saw he had leather so they knew that costs more to replace(easier to get the $$ up to the "total" amount)

Old 03-08-2002, 11:57 AM
PhatGuy

Mark: keep an eye on ebay
delete this post at the end of the day too
u never know!

Old 03-08-2002, 12:09 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

that eF-in sucks man.

They usually strip cars and take out them most expensive and easiest to take out parts. I would expect them to steal your air bags too, though it takes a little more time to get them off, those things are still like 600$ a piece. Maybe Jeff is right...
Old 03-08-2002, 12:15 PM
PhatGuy

Ya see if you can go to the auction as well and see who starts biddin' on it hard.

Old 03-08-2002, 01:31 PM

I'm curious as to what car alarm it was....?
Old 03-08-2002, 01:35 PM

I'll check ebay for you. What color seats?
Old 03-08-2002, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
that eF-in sucks man.

They usually strip cars and take out them most expensive and easiest to take out parts. I would expect them to steal your air bags too, though it takes a little more time to get them off, those things are still like 600$ a piece. Maybe Jeff is right...
I wonder if nice rims lead to more thefts, because I think it's the #1 thing that gets attention. I hope my 18's aren't gettin looks. My G/F likes to go out alot, that means restaurants, Flyers games, Sixers games, clubs. She's a hottie and I'd do most anything for her, but at the same time I don't think her salary can keep up with her wants. Her g/f tell me she's thinking big time with the ring. I'm thinking omfg I'm ok but that's 2 month's salary net taxes.

Anyway Wed. night she came up with tix for the Sixers, dang, 4th row from the court. Luckily they gave her a VIP parking pass so my car was inside. I have always parked on Pattison Ave. not just to avoid paying for parking, but it's so easy to leave after the games. I don't know about tonight because we bought the tix ourselves. Might be better to be safe than sorry. Never had a prob before but now I have 18's.......

Anyway fellas all these thefts that take place, they can hit anyone of us at any time so speak up if you see suspicious **** goin down!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
Anyway fellas all these thefts that take place, they can hit anyone of us at any time so speak up if you see suspicious **** goin down!
Usually by then it is too late.

SuDZ
Old 03-08-2002, 02:21 PM
I need a truck

man that really sucks... some people ... ugh that kinda **** pi$$es me off...
Old 03-08-2002, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

I wonder if nice rims lead to more thefts, because I think it's the #1 thing that gets attention. I hope my 18's aren't gettin looks. My G/F likes to go out alot, that means restaurants, Flyers games, Sixers games, clubs. She's a hottie and I'd do most anything for her, but at the same time I don't think her salary can keep up with her wants. Her g/f tell me she's thinking big time with the ring. I'm thinking omfg I'm ok but that's 2 month's salary net taxes.

Anyway Wed. night she came up with tix for the Sixers, dang, 4th row from the court. Luckily they gave her a VIP parking pass so my car was inside. I have always parked on Pattison Ave. not just to avoid paying for parking, but it's so easy to leave after the games. I don't know about tonight because we bought the tix ourselves. Might be better to be safe than sorry. Never had a prob before but now I have 18's.......

dont stadiums usually have security guards and video surveillence? i would rather park in the lot than on the street, i'd feel safer that way, but i doubt anyone would steal stuff from ours cars, they are all stock that sucks though, you spend your hard earned money on something nice for yourself, as some SOB steals it, it sucks, whats the point of buying something nice if there is a good chance its gonna get stolen? anyways, sorry about your car Mark96SE, hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-08-2002, 02:40 PM

The seats are black leather..

Originally posted by MaxDriver98
I'll check ebay for you. What color seats?
Old 03-08-2002, 02:42 PM

I had the factory alarm.. Next time, I'm getting aftermarket..

Originally posted by Finality
I'm curious as to what car alarm it was....?
Old 03-08-2002, 03:54 PM

Have you considered buying the car back if the title is clean? Most companies charge about 22-25% of the car value. Buying the interior is pretty simple from almost any junk yard. It might take you some time to get a perfect match. But I suspect it can be done for about $1000 for the interior subs + amps are a different story though.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:52 PM

I dont know about you guys but I take my ignition fuse with me at nights. They can brake into it but they cannot move the car.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:57 PM

Whoa, is that A VQ30DET in the signature of TILLEY?
Old 03-08-2002, 07:19 PM

damn man.....dat really sucks.....maybe you can get a 2k2 now....and start modding that
Old 03-08-2002, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by Finality

Have you considered buying the car back if the title is clean? Most companies charge about 22-25% of the car value. Buying the interior is pretty simple from almost any junk yard. It might take you some time to get a perfect match. But I suspect it can be done for about $1000 for the interior subs + amps are a different story though.
The factory alarm is useless. Its not even an alarm its an anti theft deterrent.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:05 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Max4U

I dont know about you guys but I take my ignition fuse with me at nights. They can brake into it but they cannot move the car.
The person(s) that stole my 94 GMC 3/4ton turbo diesel tried hotwiring the truck the FIRST time they came (Jan 28/00). I was waiting for the replacement parts to repair the steering column damage that they did, when during the evening of Feb 3/00 they just put the thing on a trailer and took it. Never got it back. Just saw the tracks in the snow from where they dragged it onto the trailer.

After that, I bought a 2000 Lincoln LS 5spd manual. The only way I could sleep at night was to install the Boomerang system. The LS comes with one of the best anti-theft systems, but anyone can tow it in the shortest of times. Boomerang just made me feel like I had another option. Luckily, no one ever tried to take that or my 2k2 Max. I've moved since I bought the Max and my condo building actually has a camera pointed directly at my car.

Alarms are pointless IMO. My brother has a major Clifford system on his 4-runner, but none of that will stop a guy with a trailer or a tow truck.

Albert
Old 03-09-2002, 08:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What's a boomerang?
Old 03-09-2002, 08:54 AM

In order to stop a tow truck you need to do wat I do. Park your parents camry behind your car in the driveway. So they need to steal the camry in order to get to my car which will take alot more time and more of a chance of them being seen or heard towing two cars.....
Old 03-09-2002, 10:59 AM

Now that you mention it, maybe it did get towed.. The steering column wasnt brokem or tampered with at all.. However, any good locksmith can make a key in pretty quick time.. If it was towed, they pulled it from the rear.. Maybe it was one of those easy riders or lifts, whatever they're called.. I guess added prevention would be to turn the front wheels at an angle everytime you park.. I was parked against a fence.. Only one way to tow it.. Who knows.. About buying it back, I'm worried about the engine may have been tampered with.. The fuel door was open..

Originally posted by MrBlank
In order to stop a tow truck you need to do wat I do. Park your parents camry behind your car in the driveway. So they need to steal the camry in order to get to my car which will take alot more time and more of a chance of them being seen or heard towing two cars.....
Old 03-09-2002, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001
What's a boomerang?
It's a hidden device that uses the cellular network to track the vehicle once it's reported stolen. I believe it cost me $400 CDN for the hidden unit that was installed by a local car stereo shop. I paid for 2 years coverage in advance (about $5 CDN / month).

Goto http://www.boomerangtracking.com/en/...logy/boom2.asp for some more information.

Albert
Old 03-09-2002, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by MrBlank
Not too sure that my parents want to take a cab to and from my place so they can use their Camry. Actually, come to think about it, I'm not too sure that they would be too interested in selling the Bonneville so they could get a Camry that they could park behind my car. j/k

Really though, there's only so much you can do:
-park in as safe a location as possible;
-keep your vehicle insured for it's replacement value;
-put an alarm on it, if that puts your mind to rest - for me I needed something more;

Albert
Old 03-09-2002, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by akrus

Not too sure that my parents want to take a cab to and from my place so they can use their Camry. Actually, come to think about it, I'm not too sure that they would be too interested in selling the Bonneville so they could get a Camry that they could park behind my car. j/k

Really though, there's only so much you can do:
-park in as safe a location as possible;
-keep your vehicle insured for it's replacement value;
-put an alarm on it, if that puts your mind to rest - for me I needed something more;

Albert
I was only talkin about in the night time when you are both sleeping. During the day you should definitely be aware.