General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Awaiting my chastizment

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 08:57 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Awaiting my chastizment

Gentlmen, I have been a hypocrit. I have been contributing to a thread entitled "highway rules" and on top of that I consider myself a pretty safe driver. Well I let roadrage get the best of me last night after picking my wife up from work. I was on the HOV lane and everything was normal as I was coming up to a section where oncoming HOV traffic merged on. The traffic that is coming on is supposed to yield to the traffic already on the HOV. This brown/tan dodge intrepid jumped on and cut me off, I had to hit the brakes to keep from hitting him, and ontop of that he has to stand on the brakes to keep from hitting th car in front of him, so my ABS was kickin in to keep from hittin this dumb a$$. This really ****ed me off, but I chose to bide my time. Let me also explain the HOV lanes here in Houston to you guys. It is a 1 lane sectioned off part of highway that is limited to vehicles with 2+ passengers in it going with the flow of traffic. In the morning's it is headed downtown, evenings it is headed out of town. It is right in the middle of the freeway sectioned off with concrete walls about 2 cars wide 95% of the time. It is to help persuade people to carpool and you get to pass all the traffic.(back to my episode of stupidity) I waited about 10miles to a spot that I knew went to 2 cars wide for a littlebit. I waited till then, cought the top of 2nd and passed his dumb a$$ up and brake checked like a ****. He did see me comin and tried to squeeze against the wall but it was too late and I was already around him. As I went around him and brake checked he flashed his siren and lights!! I was like WTF?!?! He was either an undercover, off duty, or fire marshall. I COOKED BAKON!!! I straight up punked an off duty someone. He followed me off the HOV and cought up to me, stared at me for a second while I stared at him and I exited. IT FELT SO GOOD!!but I know it was wrong. I endandgered myself, my wife, and my car. That is the first Time I have ever commited road rage and am sorry. I do need to be chastized, so let the flames pour in. I also know I am on some kindof sh!tlist as far as the laws go now...
Old 03-09-2002, 09:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you're the big man
Old 03-09-2002, 09:10 PM
I need a truck

you're lucky that that wasn't a cop ... but i hate when authorities don't think the rules apply to them .. you had every right to get mad ...
Old 03-09-2002, 10:23 PM

Re: Awaiting my chastizment

Originally posted by Rob'sAE
I also know I am on some kindof sh!tlist as far as the laws go now... [/B]
I hate it when people who have some authority think they are above the law, cus they can get away with it. Just like authorities who gets their sons off of some drunk and driving sheet and other stuff that normal people would get in trouble for. I wish there was some legetimate system of checks and balances that can get them in trouble for the bs they do.
Old 03-10-2002, 05:52 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

sweet man, yuor now my idol your brake checked a cop. i need to do that now cus it sounds liek fun
Old 03-10-2002, 06:14 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

you forgot to flip him the bird
Old 03-10-2002, 06:34 AM

Never did it before never do it again doesn't really work, we all know it. I'm sure your wife was really impressed so that's the important thing.

Saw the same thing on Friday, only a 3-series nearly rear-ended a 2-door Chrysler, not sure what what the rage was about. I live in the 5th largest city and get cut-off at least twice a week. You'd be surprised, unlike NYC Phila. drivers seem to allow those who don't wait their turn to cut-in at the last second. You live in the 4th largest city it'd pay to let these things roll off your back. So what somebody bought a siren at Radio Shack, no biggie.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:49 AM

thats not the point

guys, yes what i did felt good. Whether he was an off duty someone or just a person who bought a radioshack siren and a wigglewaggle offline and got what he deserved, none of that is the point. The point was that it was wrong....
Old 03-10-2002, 10:14 AM

Are you seeking expiation here? Perhaps a Medieval methodology will relieve you of guilt: Whack yourself on the back with rose [thorny] stems for awhile.

You don't need to hear it from us. You learned a good lesson. Now you are a better driver. Go forth, and sin no more... at least not while the little wifey is in the car with you! Take care.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:20 PM

Re: Awaiting my chastizment

Were you on 45 North
Old 03-11-2002, 08:47 PM

Re: Re: Awaiting my chastizment

Originally posted by nismomaxse97
Were you on 45 North
naa... I was on 290N right past the Little York park and ride, right underneath BW8.