General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Hanabi Kit Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 10:18 PM
jcboiz

Hanabi Kit Bulbs

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone who has bought the Hanabi HID Kits have tried to get different blubs. I have the blue ones 6000k, but I have seen the 5400k bulbs which produces more white light. I am trying to look for them, but I cant seem to find one that will fit. Reason is if you noticed that the blubs that come with the kit has the bulb type on the lights already, and there is no adapter that can be taken off so I can fit other bulbs in such as like the 4300k, or 5400k bulbs...its a bit hard to explain, i think for those who have the kit know what I am talking about. Anyone know if there is such an adapter so we don't have to always look for the blub type HID bulb? Or know of a site that sells 5400k bulbs with the appropriate bulb type conversion. Thanks for any suggestions and comments.

Old 03-11-2002, 06:00 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Are you talking about the electrical connection on the bulbs? I think if you just get yourself some 5400K Phillips bulbs and cut and splice new wire taps onto the Hanabi burners and the Phillips bulbs you'll be in business.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:07 AM
jcboiz

I am pathethic at doing things like that...afraid of doing something bad, plus the actual connector type is on the bulb itself, so I don't know how to fit it. There wasn't an adapter that I put on the bulb. The bulb was retrofited to the H4, 9004, 9006 type or whatever you chose when you ordered it.

Old 03-11-2002, 08:04 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by jcboiz
I am pathethic at doing things like that...afraid of doing something bad, plus the actual connector type is on the bulb itself, so I don't know how to fit it. There wasn't an adapter that I put on the bulb. The bulb was retrofited to the H4, 9004, 9006 type or whatever you chose when you ordered it.
If you buy the correct HID bulb, ie: 9004, 9006 ect... the only difference will be the electrical connector. So cut the connector off and the red wire (positive) goes to red on the Hanabi burners, and the black wire (Negative) goes to the black wire on the Hanabi burners. Pretty simple, Radio shack has a nice selection of connectors you can tap onto the wire ends.

If you were able to put the Hanabi kit in, you will be able to do this as well.