General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Can anyone get products from Japan, if so please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Can anyone get products from Japan, if so please help!!!!

I am in need of a steering wheel hub adapter so that I can get an aftermarket steering wheel. I can not find anything here in the states and all of the companies that I contact say that they will get in trouble if they manufacture one. All because the maxima has an airbag from the factory. I have contacted MOMO, and Sparco, and both were unable to help me with this adapter, so I would be greatly appreciated if someone here that might have a connection to really anywhere over-seas could help me out!

Thanks Blake
Old 03-19-2002, 01:21 PM
I'm needing a caw

How do you know one is available from Japan?
Old 03-19-2002, 01:33 PM

So will your Airbag still work if you get this piece your looking for?

SuDZ
Old 03-19-2002, 01:38 PM
I'm needing a caw

I assume he's looking for an aftermarket wheel w/ no airbag. It would explain the reluctance of the steering wheel makers NOT to have an adaptor available.

Sound logical?

Originally posted by SuDZ
So will your Airbag still work if you get this piece your looking for?

SuDZ
Old 03-19-2002, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
I assume he's looking for an aftermarket wheel w/ no airbag. It would explain the reluctance of the steering wheel makers NOT to have an adaptor available.

Sound logical?

Yeah it does. Thats what i was trying to make out is if it was an adapter that let him use one of if he was trying to bypass it all together. What about cruise control etc, that is on the steering wheel. I wonder if they could be reattached to the new wheel or if something else would need to be done for that as well.

SuDZ
Old 03-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I am not sure...

I am not sure if there is one available, that sure have been in my question as well. I am going to totally by-pass the airbag and I already have a piece to relocate the cruise control to a different location. I am not so much worried with the cruise control. This is going to be something that will probably be difficult to find, by the way; Does any body on the org even have an aftermarker steering wheel? Now that I think about it, I don't think that I have ever seen a maxima with one!

Once again if there is anyone that can help me please let me know, I am very interested in getting a steering wheel!

Blake