General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Road Rage with V6 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Road Rage with V6 Mustang

I'm driving on the turnpike, closing in on a toll. As I get ready to go through the Sunpass lane, this b!itch in a V6 Mustang cuts me off bad and then floors it through the lane. I give chase and cut her off, so she switches lanes and I cut her off again. She switches lanes again and I cut her off and then she does it one more time and I cut her off one more time, then I floor it. She tries to catch up to me, but within a few seconds I'm doing 120 and she is 10-15 car lenghts back trying to catch up. I get off at the next exit as she roars by me as I yell to her "Next time, get the V8". I don't know what year 'stang it was, probably one of the earlier slow 95-96.
Oh well, had to get that off my chest.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:41 PM

Re: Road Rage with V6 Mustang

Originally posted by JUDE
I'm driving on the turnpike, closing in on a toll. As I get ready to go through the Sunpass lane, this b!itch in a V6 Mustang cuts me off bad and then floors it through the lane. I give chase and cut her off, so she switches lanes and I cut her off again. She switches lanes again and I cut her off and then she does it one more time and I cut her off one more time, then I floor it. She tries to catch up to me, but within a few seconds I'm doing 120 and she is 10-15 car lenghts back trying to catch up. I get off at the next exit as she roars by me as I yell to her "Next time, get the V8". I don't know what year 'stang it was, probably one of the earlier slow 95-96.
...way to show her not to cut off the max
Old 03-20-2002, 07:47 PM

within a few seconds I'm doing 120 and she is 10-15 car lenghts back trying to catch up.
Wow, you pulled 10-15 cars in a few seconds? Anyway nice kill. Take Care
Old 03-20-2002, 07:56 PM
I'm needing a caw

You know that repeated cutting off solves nothing. It's a great way to get into an accident. I'm not saying I haven't done the same. It's just that over time you realize it's just a big waste of time to play lane jockey w/ a couple of cars. If you get into a wreck, what are you going to say to the officer or insurance company??
Old 03-20-2002, 08:03 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by Jeff92se
You know that repeated cutting off solves nothing. It's a great way to get into an accident. I'm not saying I haven't done the same. It's just that over time you realize it's just a big waste of time to play lane jockey w/ a couple of cars. If you get into a wreck, what are you going to say to the officer or insurance company??
Very well put Jeff.

You know at some point you just gotta realize it's NOT worth it. You have a much faster car, DON'T take it personally, because she will do it to everyone.

It all comes down to if it's really worth the potential consequinces.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:23 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

hehe nice kill JUDE.

I once had this person cut me off not once, not twice, but THREE times in a row. They just didn't seem to know what a bloody turn signal or fuken mirrors were!

I agree that cutting someone off in "revenge" is probably not the best thing to do, so instead I do the following.

1) Drop a gear and pull up along side.
2) Lay on the horn.
3)
4) Floor it and let them eat my dust.

The best method to prevent shia like this happening, IMHO, is to just constantly scan your mirrors and all around you. I immediately "close the door" on ANYBODY that is about to do something questionable around me. U.S. drivers stupidity is endless. Better to just close the door on the possibility of something bad happening than being passive and risking an accident, IMO.

The problem with the above method is that most people are too damned stupid to even realize what a retard they're being, so then they get mad at YOU and flash their hi-beams at you as you go by them, unaware that they just cut you off 3 times in a row and that they nearly knocked you off of the road on two of those occasions.

dumba$$es!!!!!

But like I said, just "close the door" and then it never has a chance to happen. hehehe
Old 03-20-2002, 11:17 PM

I do "close the door" on drivers I find annoying sometimes to help get revenge if I see them cut of or do something stupid around another car, but more offen I'll just drop back and let the other guy in. I figure it's better to just be late by a few seconds then get into an accident if the guy hits me while I'm pulling up.

If the guy is some dumbazz, my most important goal is to get the hell away from them. I don't want to be anywhere around someone with half a ton of steel and an IQ that can be measured on one hand.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:54 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
I would tend to agree. I thought the point of the story was a bit of a confession, cause didn't he say he was venting or something? I thought the rage was committed by the poster. Then all these dudes step up to congratulate him.

I don't know if it's a maturity thing or what. When you live in a dense place, getting cut off happens every day. I got cut-off coming home from the gym last night by a 2k2 Maxima. As soon as I saw the Maryland plate I didn't care. And it was a woman who could barely see over the wheel. Not to start a flame but MD and VA drivers are extremely aggressive in PA. So be it, doesn't bother me, prolly take a year off their lives in the end due to stress, or maybe 35 due to driver error.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:11 AM

Originally posted by medic
If the guy is some dumbazz, my most important goal is to get the hell away from them. I don't want to be anywhere around someone with half a ton of steel and an IQ that can be measured on one hand.
I prefer to keep them behind me. That way if they wreck I won't get caught in it and wouldn't be required to stop and help their sorry a$$!
Old 03-21-2002, 06:14 AM

Originally posted by SteVTEC
I prefer to keep them behind me. That way if they wreck I won't get caught in it and wouldn't be required to stop and help their sorry a$$!

Exactly. I'd rather watch the accident unfold in my mirror than my windshield.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:17 AM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
Not to start a flame but MD and VA drivers are extremely aggressive in PA. So be it, doesn't bother me, prolly take a year off their lives in the end due to stress, or maybe 35 due to driver error.
I'm up in PA just about every weekend visiting my g/f. I'm actually from PA but just moved down here a year ago after I graduated.

I love driving up in PA. Nearly everybody signals, they all seem to check their mirrors, they don't seem to tailgate or do anything else stupid like run red lights (excessively ), and I hardly have any problems up in PA. PA drivers are saints compared to the retards down here.

But I guess that's what happens when there are too many people and too few roads, along with people that are just plain dumb.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:53 AM
BlkCat

I immediately "close the door" on ANYBODY that is about to do something questionable around me
The best time to close the door on someone is when the car on your right in the curb lane goes straight through the intersection and tries to merge into your lane instead of turning right. This is after you notice the car was in your lane to begin with and is too dang impatient to wait their turn.

I've noticed that some drivers think that once they've flicked on the turn signal to merge into your lane that you're obligated to let them in. If I'm in a courteous mood I will but no way if I see that the driver was a jerk to begin with.

Old 03-21-2002, 08:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
Not to start a flame but MD and VA drivers are extremely aggressive in PA. So be it, doesn't bother me, prolly take a year off their lives in the end due to stress, or maybe 35 due to driver error.
Jesus, Ohio and Michigan drivers in IN, KY and TN are some of the slowest people around. Left lane hogs. I regularly participate in "right-lane-group-passing" around Ohio drivers between Indy and Louisville. It usually takes 3 cars passing on the right before they get the message.
I passed no less than 6 Michigan drivers on the right during the trip between Louisville and Gatlinburg over spring break. I had to slow down at least 10mph on several more occasions for others until they completed their "pass" and got over. Toyota Camry's seem to be the worst at driving too slow without an excuse (unmodded of course).
Old 03-21-2002, 08:28 AM
Very sound, Mike

This whole thread reminds me of when i still had a Civic. With that i could race anyone i like... albeit i lost 10 out of 10 times but the rush was there and hearing the 4 banger scream at 6k+ rpm was nice especially from a stop trying to reach 50mph. (Ya know, psychological factor of high revs = more noise = going fast)

With the Max OTOH, doing 3.5k is enough to reach the desired speed in the same amount of time and i know if i drive it like i drove the Civic i'd end up in an accident in Houston streets.

So i could easily say, the Max has tamed me. I don't mind, i really don't have to prove anything with it...

But i can honestly say i miss revving that VTEC engine up high.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:36 PM

I really don't like getting into road rage wars with other drivers, but sometimes you can't help it. When she cut me off, I just felt the anger rise up and that I had to teach her a lesson. Having a fast car makes it easier.
The only time I ever got into a bad road rage, it could have been deadly. I was driving up I95 with my gf in a rented 18 second Intrepid POS when I passed this a$$hole in a Mercury Mountaineer. I guess he didn't like that I passed him so he tried to purposesly cut me off, in the process he almost hit someone. I then tried to cut him off, but the Intrepid didn't have enough grunt and I wasn't able to catch up to pass him. As we're side by side, he's yelling obsenities, including the "N" word, (I'm mixed, but I look Hispanic) to me and my g/f and I'm throwing the finger, ect in his direction. At this point he decides that its time to run me off the road. He switches towards me at full speed. If I hadn't swerved out of the way (all four tires screeched) He would have sent me into a ditch at 90mph. At this point, I told the gf to find something to give me to throw at him. If I had the club, that thing would have gone flying and if I had a gun, I would be in jail right now, because I was in a different zone, thinking that this ***** had attempted to run us off. For three weeks after this incident, I couldn't get it off my mind and even now when I speak of it, I get ****ed. I honestly hope that God has taken care of this guy, because he doesn't deserve to be among the living. I hope I don't offend anyone, but that's just the way I feel. This is why I try not to get into road rages, you don't know what type of maniac is in the other car, who might try to run you off the road.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:39 PM

Has it ever occured to you that just maybe she wanted to hook up?
Just a thought...
Old 03-21-2002, 04:02 PM

Re: Re: Road Rage with V6 Mustang

Originally posted by maximawanabee

Has it ever occured to you that just maybe she wanted to hook up?
Just a thought...
Naw... She didn't look good and she was older.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:29 PM

hehe nice kill JUDE.

I once had this person cut me off not once, not twice, but THREE times in a row. They just didn't seem to know what a bloody turn signal or fuken mirrors were!

I agree that cutting someone off in "revenge" is probably not the best thing to do, so instead I do the following.

1) Drop a gear and pull up along side.
2) Lay on the horn.
A couple of months ago someone cut me off bad and I was p!$$3d, so I just stayed behind them with the horn on for about 5 minutes. Everybody else seemed to get the idea but that driver ....
Old 03-21-2002, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by OriginalMadMax
A couple of months ago someone cut me off bad and I was p!$$3d, so I just stayed behind them with the horn on for about 5 minutes. Everybody else seemed to get the idea but that driver ....
hehe...ditto here a few weeks back.

Two left turn lanes and I'm in the left one. Some idiot with an old Gen2 Camry with a Supra spoiler on it is beside me in the "right" left turn lane.

Light turns green and we go, but then he just decides that he's going to come into my lane right as I was about to round the median. It was either hit him, hit the curb, or nail the brakes. Good thing I wasn't going very fast, and it's a good thing the person behind me was paying attention too.

Recovered, went WOT with my hi-beams on and then got right on this ***** tail with my hand solidly on the horn and my middle finger extended out the window.

Of course, he gave me a dirty clueless look, but it was amusing how everybody stayed away from him while I was horning him for a good couple of minutes even when we were stopped for a light!!!
Old 03-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Very sound, Mike

You guys should be careful. Here in Houston, chances are that guy will just stop on his tracks, get out of his car, walk to your driver side window and shoot you.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:38 PM

a$$hole in a Mercury Mountaineer
OMG dude!!!

I had a similar run-in with a Moutaineer. They did THIS to my damned Accord!!!

It's a long and rather amusing story, and you can read about it at AccordV6.com HERE if you want
Old 03-21-2002, 10:02 PM
MAX

You're mad

I love driving up in PA. Nearly everybody signals, they all seem to check their mirrors, they don't seem to tailgate or do anything else stupid like run red lights (excessively ), and I hardly have any problems up in PA. PA drivers are saints compared to the retards down here.
In Ocean City some locals had some bumper stickers made up that said L.A.P.D. Locals Against Pennsylvania Drivers. I'd like to see this magical land you speak of where everyone drives perfectly, it sure as hell isn't PA. I think drivers everywhere blame drivers from other states b/c when you see them ***** up you see the tag and it stands out more. Drivers everywhere are retards, not just here.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:13 PM

Re: You're mad

Wait, there are states where people pass on only the left hand side? J/K. . .I have just learned that no one in California knows how to move over if they are going slow so passing on the right happens all the time. I will normally give them a mile or so to get over, but after that it isn't worth waiting for the person to get over.
Old 03-22-2002, 05:15 AM

She cuts you off once and you cut HER off THREE TIMES and she's the *****? It sounds like you're the one with road rage, brother. She may have initiated the confrontation but you escalated it several times over making a bad situation MUCH worse when you could have just let it go.

Jim
Old 03-22-2002, 08:36 AM
is invisible

Originally posted by Badaxxima

Jesus, Ohio and Michigan drivers in IN, KY and TN are some of the slowest people around. Left lane hogs. I regularly participate in "right-lane-group-passing" around Ohio drivers between Indy and Louisville.
Hey now!
jk...as an Ohio driver I deal with the same f'ing thing everyday.