General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Is it worth it to get the WSP SFCs with the following mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 08:26 AM

Is it worth it to get the WSP SFCs with the following mods?

Hey, I'm working on getting my suspension on my 96 max in excellent form. As of now, I have the KYB AGX, Sprint Springs (2"drop), FSTB, an addco RSB, Energy Suspension Polyurthane bushings, and Giovanna Geneva 18X8.5 Rims with Pirelli Sport 7500 235/40/18 tires. Would there be any point to spending a couple hundred dollars on the SFC's from wspd, what difference if any would it make? Thanks

P.S. Please do not post suggestions to use the money to get Y pipe, etc, I already have most everything. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:03 AM

Re: Is it worth it to get the WSP SFCs with the following mods?

The only report I've read on here, the guy was ecstatic, said it made it feel like a car worth $10k more. The tightening helped both cornering and rattles. Most people are probably waiting for the radial arms as a more home-project friendly mod. I suspect those will be a bit less expensive, especially since they are bolt on, not requiring welding to the frame (and can come off at resale time). Both should help wheel hop, but the SFC will probably do more in the twisties. The Maxima is a fairly stiff chassis, so not sure really how much more.

The other thought is what someone wrote about European suspension tuning, that their goal is to have a stiff, rigid platform and keeping the suspension supple enough to soak up the bumps. My old Alfa Romeo GTV6 was like that; leaned in the corners but stuck like glue, fast over washboards without bouncing. The SFC's would certainly do their part. If you do it, post the results!
Old 04-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i have heard nothing but praises for warpspeeds sfc's.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:46 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaximaRider
i have heard nothing but praises for warpspeeds sfc's.
Has anyone who ordered SFCs during the special introductory price period of Feb 12 - March XX actually received their subframe connectors?
Old 04-02-2002, 09:55 AM

I have a set and absolutely love mine, they make a HUGE difference in the car, I would definitely recommend you get a set!

PS - They would be easy enough to take off the car for sale, just cut through the welds and his the underside with some spray-on undercoating.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:47 PM

I AGREE 100%

[QUOTE]Originally posted by guido_sst
I have a set and absolutely love mine, they make a HUGE difference in the car, I would definitely recommend you get a set!

PS - They would be easy enough to take off the car for sale, just cut through the welds and his the underside with some spray-on undercoating.
[/QUOTE

I have nothing but good to say about the SFC's. With the mods you have its not gonna be a huge diffrence but on the 4th gen every bit helps... and you will notice them. I have a question for you. Did you feel the diffrence that your Poly. Bushings made?? im thinking about getting this mod but i wanna be sure. Also, I hear they are a pain in the A** to install. Is this the case? Thanks.
John.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:58 PM

Re: I AGREE 100%

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thezcarguy
I have nothing but good to say about the SFC's. With the mods you have its not gonna be a huge diffrence but on the 4th gen every bit helps... and you will notice them. I have a question for you. Did you feel the diffrence that your Poly. Bushings made?? im thinking about getting this mod but i wanna be sure. Also, I hear they are a pain in the A** to install. Is this the case? Thanks.
John.
I've been thinking about the SFC too ... and I agree that every little bit helps, such as the poly bushings, which I have. I noticed a difference. They've been on so long, I can't recall quite what they did, but I think they helped tighten up the steering and I recall that I could feel the road better. It was subtle, and not everyone notices them, but I think it is worth the effort to install. Anyway, they weren't that difficult, an easy afternoon's work.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by guido_sst

What kind of shop installed yours , muffler or a regular mechanic? What did they charge and how long did it take?

SuDZ
Old 04-02-2002, 03:10 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ
What kind of shop installed yours , muffler or a regular mechanic? What did they charge and how long did it take?
Mine were installed by Best Brake & Muffler in Rogers, AR; a shop that WSP deals with a lot. I can't really say on how long it took since they made my set right there and tried out a couple different fitments for the benefit of all the other 4th gens out there. I think the installation cost was like $40.