General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Emax95 have you got your UPRD ECU yet???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2000, 09:18 PM

Just checking, because I thought you mentioned that you were sending it in monday.
Old 11-23-2000, 09:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I did send it in on Monday,

over night delivery from R.I. to CA and I expected it back on Wednesday but no luck + there is no shipping on thanksing so hopefully/most likely I will get it in today/Friday.I will not be able to test it out until I get my Clutch/Alloy Flywheel installed Tuesday and then 450- 500 miles after that,Dammit I can't wait to see the gains and have my car fixed,I will give a full report on my first impression after proper Clutch brake in.Peace
Old 11-23-2000, 09:55 PM

Are you gonna switch your automatic dash kits with a 5 speed dash kit? Cuz it looked real funny. How do you shift into reverse?
Old 11-23-2000, 11:37 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

You better get your eyes checked dude.My dash kit is a 5-speed kit and fits perfectly fine what are you talking about?
Old 11-24-2000, 12:06 AM

So what was the final price w/shipping???

Also, do you have to pay shipping both ways? And will they refund you money when we get more people in on this group deal? I will be sending mine in Monday so I was just curious what the bottom dollar was?
Old 11-24-2000, 12:24 AM

All right heres the deal,

the guy I think his name is Robert said in ordor to get the group deal price we would all have to send our ECU'S to Cheston first and he would have to hand them over all at once for the group deal price,But since I see no effort on Cheston's {busy man} part for that to ever happen I did not want to have to wait for who know's how long and suffer prolong down time {no car} so this is what happened.He said if I did not go through the required task of sending my ECU to Cheston and waiting for him to come threw then there set price whould be $575 excluding shiping both ways so I told him my situation and he said he would give me 10 % off so the ecu came to $525 plus $40 2 way overnight shipping charges so it ended up costing me $565 which was fine for me.Also keep in mind my situation since my Clutch died and I have to wait until Tuesday for the new one to be installed I was in a rush to get this done now so I would not have to deal with any more down time.Email either Robert at UPRD or Chebesto to see if there is anything you can do about this group deal.
Peace
Old 11-24-2000, 12:36 AM

Re: All right heres the deal,

That sucks, from what I remember Cheston saying we were suppose to deal directly with UPRD. Now if I have to let Cheston hold on to my ECU until he gets 25 people that sucks and the group deal would be worthless. Yeah Cheston is busy, and it is hard to get an email returned from him, but I guess I will try again.

Originally posted by emax95
the guy I think his name is Robert said in ordor to get the group deal price we would all have to send our ECU'S to Cheston first and he would have to hand them over all at once for the group deal price,But since I see no effort on Cheston's {busy man} part for that to ever happen I did not want to have to wait for who know's how long and suffer prolong down time {no car} so this is what happened.He said if I did not go through the required task of sending my ECU to Cheston and waiting for him to come threw then there set price whould be $575 excluding shiping both ways so I told him my situation and he said he would give me 10 % off so the ecu came to $525 plus $40 2 way overnight shipping charges so it ended up costing me $565 which was fine for me.Also keep in mind my situation since my Clutch died and I have to wait until Tuesday for the new one to be installed I was in a rush to get this done now so I would not have to deal with any more down time.Email either Robert at UPRD or Chebesto to see if there is anything you can do about this group deal.
Peace
Old 11-24-2000, 11:01 AM

Re: What the hell are you talking about?

You better get your eyes checked dude.My dash kit is a 5-speed kit and fits perfectly fine what are you talking about?
The NY guys know what I'm talking about. I think I have a pic of it in the Yahoo section. I'll show you when it goes back up. We had a nice little discussion about it, eh guys? LOL
Old 11-24-2000, 02:29 PM

Mike WTF are you talking about?

Look at the picture below with my car in reverse {yes it works !!} does that look funny to you?WTF is funny looking about it and why the hell are you LOL?Please tell me I am dieing to know.And stop wasting my time with yor retarded aquisations.Thanks

And Victim64 I got my UPRD in today at 12:00 PM and installed and the car started up fine and everything,but with my dead Clutch I took it out for a spin on my street and got the car up to 110MPH in no time but since the Clucth is fried I could not really put full power down but it did seem very fast.BTW the car no longer shifts out of first after that stunt haha ohhwell I am getting it replaced Tuesday anyways.Peace
Old 11-24-2000, 03:06 PM

OMG. The auto kit frames the whole auto console(where the numbers and **** are). The 5 spd one goes all the way around the trim ring. Unlike yours. The kit should end where the boot goes into the console and it doesn't. And don't say it doesn't cuz I saw it at the Mass meet and a few people pointed it out on seperate occasions..
Old 11-24-2000, 06:55 PM

I still don't no what you are talking about,

Hey maybe your right but I don't think so,reason being the trim is seamless with were the factory {another words it matches up with the plastic underneath it perfectly } plastic trim area was exposed before the kit was installed,The kit is not over hanging any were and if the kit was any smaller then the factory plastic trim trim would be showing through,Show me a pic of another kit on a 5-Speed 4th gen and maybe I can compare and see if there is any dicrepencys until then I still think your on crack.

Also if anyone else happens to see my pic who has a 5 speed with wood trim tell me is it the same?Thanks
Old 11-24-2000, 07:03 PM

Re: I still don't no what you are talking about,

I don't see what the big deal is. If you like wood and you can shift into all gears, then I don't see a problem or anyting to LOL about.

Anyway Emax95, just keep us posted on the UPRD ECU when you get your clutch fixed, good luck....

Hey maybe your right but I don't think so,reason being the trim is seamless with were the factory {another words it matches up with the plastic underneath it perfectly } plastic trim area was exposed before the kit was installed,The kit is not over hanging any were and if the kit was any smaller then the factory plastic trim trim would be showing through,Show me a pic of another kit on a 5-Speed 4th gen and maybe I can compare and see if there is any dicrepencys until then I still think your on crack.

Also if anyone else happens to see my pic who has a 5 speed with wood trim tell me is it the same?Thanks