General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

how do i get puke off my seats??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 01:37 AM

how do i get puke off my seats??

ok so late nite, and long story short theres a ton of puke in my back seat. i have that sport cloth stuff, how do i clean it properly. my main concern is that im in FL, and seeing as how its almost 6am, im gonna sleep most of the day tomorrow and its gonna be baking in the sun. advice?
Old 04-07-2002, 03:29 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: how do i get puke off my seats??

Damn! That sucks... What a rancid smell...

I'd call one of those carpet/upholstery cleaner places in the yellow pages and see if they would do it...
Old 04-07-2002, 09:21 AM
pjalst

Re: how do i get puke off my seats??

Originally posted by magnum
ok so late nite, and long story short theres a ton of puke in my back seat. i have that sport cloth stuff, how do i clean it properly. my main concern is that im in FL, and seeing as how its almost 6am, im gonna sleep most of the day tomorrow and its gonna be baking in the sun. advice?
Just use the handy dandy car seat puke extractor

Seriouly dude, I'd get some professional help on this one. If yu don't get that out of your seats, you will have the gift that keeps on giving. Like you said, that Fla sun ain't no joke.

Old 04-07-2002, 09:45 AM

Take it to a pro. Now. And don't be squeamish about it, either. If they can clean brains, guts, and blood out of a vehicle, then vomit ain't no problem at all... They get this kind of work all the time.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Eww....good luck.

Erik
Old 04-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I suggest taking out the rear seat ASAP. Hopefully most of the staining is on the bottom cushion. The bottom cushion simply pops out. Wearing glove, scrap off the big stuff, then use a lot of club soda and a towel and "dab" the stain. Slowly the stain will come out. After the stain is out, soak the stain in hot water and use a shop vac to pull the water out.

Dave
Old 04-07-2002, 11:06 AM
I need a truck

Originally posted by Dave B
I suggest taking out the rear seat ASAP. Hopefully most of the staining is on the bottom cushion. The bottom cushion simply pops out. Wearing glove, scrap off the big stuff, then use a lot of club soda and a towel and "dab" the stain. Slowly the stain will come out. After the stain is out, soak the stain in hot water and use a shop vac to pull the water out.
Dave
thats good advice ... i'd just get it detailed

good luck with the cleaning
Old 04-07-2002, 12:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by bullseye
Take it to a pro. Now. And don't be squeamish about it, either. If they can clean brains, guts, and blood out of a vehicle, then vomit ain't no problem at all... They get this kind of work all the time.
This is true. I am certified in carpet/upholstery cleaning. I would definitely get a professional out to clean the upholstery. Chemicals these days that are used should be able to completely remove the stain and the smell associated with the vomit. I know this is gross but, as long as the stains aren't really yellow (bile) or redish (stomach acid) in color, the stains should be easily removable. Call a reputable carpet cleaner in your area. Shouldn't cost more than $100-150 bucks for cleaning just the back seat (maybe even less). Just watch them clean it so you know they do a thorough job. Get as much of the matter off as you can before they get there (if you decide to do so) and the chemicals in there pre-spray should break-up the stains and like I said, they should come right out. For the record, I always hated these kinds of jobs. Hope this helps.

MAXINXS
Old 04-07-2002, 12:53 PM

You could DIY (maybe not as well), Take out the rear seats, put'em in the garage, and Get out a BIG@ss can of Resolve, then, get a Big@ss shampooer and you'll know what to do. And then afterwords you could get an air freshener and stick it under both the front seats, and get some for the rear deck
Old 04-07-2002, 01:02 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by MAXINXS
I know this is gross but, as long as the stains aren't really yellow (bile) or redish (stomach acid) in color, the stains should be easily removable.

My friend puked in my 3rd gen a while ago. He got it on the seats and the floor mat. Unfortunatly I had a cloth interior. It stank for 2 weeks.. I kind of got used to it, and used to drive around with the windows down But I got it out... Febreeze, also stain remover, upholstery shampoo are all things I used. I also put airfreshners under the front seats and under the rear floor mat. To think of it, I should have just pulled the back seat out. Would have been easier, and I'd let it air out for a few days in the open.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:05 PM

I've got cloth seats too. I'm not sure if my cuzs barfed on it while it was my aunt's thought/