General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

whats unique about your max?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Chimp Dj

BSwithTF, still don't get it ?

Go to www.warpspeedperformance.com and there are some pics of the taillights on there. It's in the 'Sub-Frame Connectors for 1995-2000 Maxima's' section. They look black but in real life they're red.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by BSwithTF

Go to www.warpspeedperformance.com and there are some pics of the taillights on there. It's in the 'Sub-Frame Connectors for 1995-2000 Maxima's' section. They look black but in real life they're red.
Ahh, now I see the light(s)

-Very Nice.

Old 04-24-2002, 12:22 PM
lcf

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

Do you leave a trail of bubbles when it rains now?
you have no idea how bad this pist me off though... omg everytime i got in the car i'd smell tide.

Old 04-24-2002, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by lcf
you have no idea how bad this pist me off though... omg everytime i got in the car i'd smell tide.

"...So Fresh And So Clean..."

Old 04-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Shaved and Molded Max

Originally posted by DOWN LOW
I think I may have the only fully shaved Max. But, I could be wrong I just haven't seen any others like it. I shaved door handles, door moldings, antenna and emblems. I have a custom paint job (BMW titanium silver and a blue pearl mixed into clearcoat). I have Stiilen Kit molded onto car all around. I have interior mods too that i am sure others have. So with all that i think my max is unique at least to me.
sweet max ! i like how you molded the body kit.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:32 PM

This:

And this:

Old 04-24-2002, 02:33 PM

Unique -

Nitrous Box
Audio Setup (7" Screen / DVD-Navigation / DVD Player) {All in-dash}
My Gauges (GTR)
Starter Button (might not be the only one, but most don't have it)

Ohh and first GC-AGX setup!

Erik
Old 04-24-2002, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by deezo

I'd doubt it. Mine isn't the loudest but it's one of the best sounding out there. The proof is in the pudding.
The system in my old 3rd Gen (listed below) was no joke either..
Old 04-24-2002, 03:33 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Huh? I did I get drag into this post.

Originally posted by thebigsadler
where is ming for this post???

tony - i have most of your mods covered... we will be soldering a lot of stuff in my car when i come home.

where is my air ride when i need it!!!!???

- i30T seats ALL around
- was only dual exhaust with dual mufflers (i guess i am the only one with half a spare tire well)
- chrome dash kit
- there may be a few other things.. just wait people.

it's hard to have stuff that no one else has because like myself, people get inspired when they see things that interest them and they want to do them to their own car.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:36 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Jayson..a buddy of mine saw your car getting dynoed at Extreme motorsports. I heard it put down 240hp.

Originally posted by max'n out

Proof? ok...30 first place victories, back-to-back state champion, back-to-back zone point’s champion, and a few best of shows all in Iasca the biggest sound quality org there is. Mine does not excel at being loud, it excels at looking good and sounding real.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Jayson..a buddy of mine saw your car getting dynoed at Extreme motorsports. I heard it put down 240hp.

That was the base dyno yeh. Now everything else is getting worked on, it was next to finished, just being tuned, and then snap went the s/c belt.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:58 PM
Ramius83

Originally posted by ny96max
2) custom blue led's in the front door handles/cups/switches/security, etc..[/B]
I did the ACTUAL first manual A/C LEDs under each button blue......hahahaha.....but again, never took a pic of it or told anyone other than Southeast guys......

Old 04-25-2002, 09:25 AM

Re: This:

Originally posted by maximus75

And this:

Heh, beetle blue

Every Blue Beetle on 4/20 spotted, always the chuckle.

-But you know what ? Yo its ok.

Old 04-25-2002, 09:34 AM

I have a 1 off prototype brazillian rosewood and leather steering wheel built to JDM specs.
Also I'm running on 9.5 inch wide rims wrapped in 265 rubber. Probably one of the widest sets of tires around here.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:42 AM

ooh the memories
Old 04-25-2002, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by maximus75
ooh the memories
We had a few good laughs that day.

can't wait to see the car.

-I Like Black Cars.

Old 05-18-2002, 09:45 AM

i think everyones maxima is unique to themselves =)
Old 05-18-2002, 11:24 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

mine is unique because no one around NYC has a superblack 98 GXE auto with tan cloth and a sunroof, 66k miles, a wooddash kit but only around the center console, Levoc shift **** and tenzo-R brake handle that isn't even made for the maxima but i fit it on anyways, 2001 GLE rims with Dunlop Sport A2 tires, a no name FSTB, upgraded headlight harness, red/clear tails, shaved hamburger off the trunk, diamond cut clears, factory fog lights and an SE grille all in one!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2002, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
mine is unique because no one around NYC has a superblack 98 GXE auto with tan cloth and a sunroof, 66k miles, a wooddash kit but only around the center console, Levoc shift **** and tenzo-R brake handle that isn't even made for the maxima but i fit it on anyways, 2001 GLE rims with Dunlop Sport A2 tires, a no name FSTB, upgraded headlight harness, red/clear tails, shaved hamburger off the trunk, diamond cut clears, factory fog lights and an SE grille all in one!!!!!!
Very unique Nycemaxima.

Mines is unique because I talk to her and she talks to me, we have like a special bond

She tells me she loves burning rice don't know why though.
Old 05-18-2002, 08:53 PM

my rims
Old 05-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Rare:
- Shaved Trunk keyhole
- Shaved Stock Antenna
- Body color bumper air dams
- Hard-wired radar detector w/ hidden wire
- Real leather e-brake boot
- Torque Converter stall speed raised 200 RPMs

Exclusive (I think):
- Zendar roof-mount antenna
- Body color grill/emblym
- CEC Type 129 rims
- Rear bumper removed
- Shaved windshield wipers
- Rear seat easily removes and the opening is completely opened up for pass-through storage
- Body color window trim
- Only person to remove ALL chrome (especially from a GLE)
- Body color windhield squirters
- Only pre-'99 to purchase a '99 key
- Only person to 'gamble' on a custom VB mod (love it!)
Old 05-18-2002, 10:28 PM

no one has my wheels....they aren't even made! no-one has my taillight conversion...R-34 4-door..no one has my intake manifold....ceramic coated, extrude honed, and anodized blue...no one has my wing....2k Arospeed Accord drag wing....I guess I'll stop there
Old 05-19-2002, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by Slickismax
no one has my wheels....they aren't even made! no-one has my taillight conversion...R-34 4-door..no one has my intake manifold....ceramic coated, extrude honed, and anodized blue...no one has my wing....2k Arospeed Accord drag wing....I guess I'll stop there
got any pics of those mods? besides wheels there arent any on your homepage
Old 05-19-2002, 08:21 AM

Originally posted by RedMax95
got any pics of those mods? besides wheels there arent any on your homepage
Yes I would also be interested in seeing those tails and wing!
-Cyrus
Old 05-19-2002, 08:22 AM

Re: whats unique about your max?

Originally posted by nismo2020
everybody has something done or mod that they think (hope) no one else has. at least in your area. im holding it down with no doubt the loudest max. wont be for much longer though getting tired of the noise and all the problems that come with it. but post up whats unique about your max.
my duals. .. . . but i'll challenge you for loudest max 3" exhaust is pretty damn loud. . . .
Old 05-19-2002, 10:07 AM

plus its an I30 so that makes it unique
Old 05-19-2002, 01:41 PM

For my area, mine is different because:
1. 5-Spd.
2. ABS
3. Clear/Red Tails (on 95)

For this board, nothing makes it special.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:46 PM

It's MINE !!!!!
Old 05-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

96 GXE with BOSE and ABS.
Old 07-23-2002, 06:33 PM

1. I have the best looking and sounding stereo on the board
2. Custom intercooler
3. Custom exhaust ( sounds like a porche or Ferrari)
4. Gauges are custom mounted
5. Possibly the most moded all around
6. Custom tranny
7. etc.
I usually don't get into post like this, but why not-this one has too much BS not too. As far as #1 goes covering your trunk in a bunch of carpet and plexiglass with neons doesn't make it the best, try cutting out the bottom of your trunk and rewelding it and then fiberglassing it all in and painting it to match the car! #2 From what you post you are loosing power, not something to brag about. #3 Why make a Maxima sound like a Porsche or a Ferrari? #4 I did that 2 years ago. #5 -Y2KevSE or MardiGrasMax- would out run you any day. #6 CONGRATULATIONS you are unique!

I am not trying to be an a$$ or anything but if you are building a show car then go extreme with it and then you can talk smack when your whole engine bay is chrome and you can lay you car out on the ground tuck'n 19's or whatever you choose, but if you are building a race car then you need to prove it at the track and not with the keyboard!

Later
Blake
Old 07-23-2002, 06:47 PM

Does anyone else have the STILLEN front facia on the board. I have one.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:40 PM

well my car is a 4TH Gen but it was on of the first 4th gens so i'd say the unique thing is that my maxima is the grand daddy of all your maxima's
Old 07-23-2002, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by naijai
well my car is a 4TH Gen but it was on of the first 4th gens so i'd say the unique thing is that my maxima is the grand daddy of all your maxima's
It's not like our 4th gens are anything outstanding when you look at all cars, but I think I know what you mean. Yours was the Max that made the C&D 10 best list. As tom petty would say, the future, was wide open. Like have kids that are college material, only to have them flunk out of high school 7 years later!
Old 07-23-2002, 07:52 PM
mb1

My maxima is unique be cause it's a MAXIMA not a minima. It's a bare-bone GXE. It has nothing, not even a manual antenna, or a automatic transmition(the best part ) Also it's pearl white, which the dealer told me is one of the most expensive paints on a maxima.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by nvmymax2

I usually don't get into post like this, but why not-this one has too much BS not too. As far as #1 goes covering your trunk in a bunch of carpet and plexiglass with neons doesn't make it the best, try cutting out the bottom of your trunk and rewelding it and then fiberglassing it all in and painting it to match the car! #2 From what you post you are loosing power, not something to brag about. #3 Why make a Maxima sound like a Porsche or a Ferrari? #4 I did that 2 years ago. #5 -Y2KevSE or MardiGrasMax- would out run you any day. #6 CONGRATULATIONS you are unique!

I am not trying to be an a$$ or anything but if you are building a show car then go extreme with it and then you can talk smack when your whole engine bay is chrome and you can lay you car out on the ground tuck'n 19's or whatever you choose, but if you are building a race car then you need to prove it at the track and not with the keyboard!

Later
Blake
It took you two months to respond???!?!?! It Take’s you awhile to form your thoughts I guess?

First my trunk is not covered in carpet and neon you dumbass...It's a full 52" x 30" fiberglass "tub" or equipment rack that utilizes the as you so well put it a cut and rebuilt tire well as an enclosure. And the "tub" is painted to match the car u monkey. Then the laser cut plexi protects the tub then a removable cover goes over that to allow the trunk to be used.

Two, yes I am losing power via the custom intercooler I'm also losing more than what most people gain from mods that they do, and I still have far more power than most.

Third: why make it sound good? I don't know why not? Why would I buy a common aftermarket exhaust that sounds like a wet fart?

Run me???? 350 hp should run me yes.

And yes you are trying to be an ***. And you have done not only that but you have succeeded in being an uninformed ***. Chrome the engine bay? Yeah that’s something unique; if that’s what makes a car unique in your mind then you have very low odd requirements. The car has 19"s, the track numbers will come in time as soon as the car is finished, it's not a race car but it is fast...Why not bother some others that say their **** is fast that don't have numbers. Is an m5 fast: yes, is it a race car no…Is mine an m5 no but the comparison between fast and race cars is the same.

Get off my back and stop digging up old post to try to flame get a life beyond the forum.
Old 07-24-2002, 06:44 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Hehehehe...... your wish will be granted soon enough.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:05 AM

It took you two months to respond???!?!?! It Take’s you awhile to form your thoughts I guess?

First my trunk is not covered in carpet and neon you dumbass...It's a full 52" x 30" fiberglass "tub" or equipment rack that utilizes the as you so well put it a cut and rebuilt tire well as an enclosure. And the "tub" is painted to match the car u monkey. Then the laser cut plexi protects the tub then a removable cover goes over that to allow the trunk to be used.

Two, yes I am losing power via the custom intercooler I'm also losing more than what most people gain from mods that they do, and I still have far more power than most.

Third: why make it sound good? I don't know why not? Why would I buy a common aftermarket exhaust that sounds like a wet fart?

And yes you are trying to be an ***. And you have done not only that but you have succeeded in being an uninformed ***. Chrome the engine bay? Yeah that’s something unique; if that’s what makes a car unique in your mind then you have very low odd requirements. The car has 19"s, the track numbers will come in time as soon as the car is finished, it's not a race car but it is fast...Why not bother some others that say their **** is fast that don't have numbers. Is an m5 fast: yes, is it a race car no…Is mine an m5 no but the comparison between fast and race cars is the same.

Get off my back and stop digging up old post to try to flame get a life beyond the forum.
.. you should have seen stinger's maxima at daytona, that was a custom trunk with about 9 subs, and a buttload of amplifiers all fiberglassed, including behind the back seat (which i dont think there was a backseat).. you are making a tub, whoopdee doo, easiest thing to fiberglass is a tub, it's the way fiberglass will naturally lay..

youve obviously made your car for show, otherwise you wouldnt have those heavy *** wheels holding you back, and all this custom stereo, so it is pointless for you to brag about speed and running people when you car wont keep up because of its pure design function.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:27 AM
Lightly modded

well, my silver to black tint was rare when i bought it, but now more people are starting to get it. my trenz grille is sorta rare too. not many people have it on their 95-96, probably cause it doesnt look too good. oh, and i put 2001 GLE rims to replace my honeycomb rims. and i have a custom b pipe, which is good for about 30 HP!!
Old 07-24-2002, 07:50 AM

Old 07-24-2002, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Ludacris
Now that is unique !

Quick Reply: whats unique about your max?