General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

whats unique about your max?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 08:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

Hmmmm...one of the first Maximas in the world that was fast-bagged
Full custom tweed interior
Shaved emblems/trunk lock
Polished lower ties
Umm, and the fact it has gotten me 9 trophies

Old 07-24-2002, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by undercvr

Now that is unique !
Old 07-24-2002, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

.. you should have seen stinger's maxima at daytona, that was a custom trunk with about 9 subs, and a buttload of amplifiers all fiberglassed, including behind the back seat (which i dont think there was a backseat).. you are making a tub, whoopdee doo, easiest thing to fiberglass is a tub, it's the way fiberglass will naturally lay..

youve obviously made your car for show, otherwise you wouldnt have those heavy *** wheels holding you back, and all this custom stereo, so it is pointless for you to brag about speed and running people when you car wont keep up because of its pure design function.
I have seen stingers maxima. It's mostly diamond audio with tvs and such, that is not that complex or any more complex than mine son. it's a wooden box on 3/4 of it with speaker rings droped in and suported then fleeced to give the top the wavy look and glassed...The back seat is there it was just folded down to reveal a white painted board with the distro and fuse stuff on. Then a small "tub" that holds the amps on the back side of the seat, never mind that it's got 9 subs what am i gonna do with that, my car is an sq car not a monkey car...If you wanna talk **** dont' talk **** about somthing that i do for a hobby. O and the boat load of amps??? come on there is 4 double stacked. My "heavy *** wheels" are not as heavy as you think just cuz there 19"s. So what if i lose .00002 in the quarter that I'll only run once anyway...What ever happend to people caring about ride looks handling and all for every day driving...Everybody on this forum seems over dun with the quarter and they dont' even do it. The custom stereo was designed to be light and use empty space so the car would still be usable unlike the stinger one that can't be used at all, mine gained 50lbs total with all the stereo stuff. I think to many people assume way to much, the car was thought out in a lot of ways, that may not be so obvious.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:32 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by max'n out

I have seen stingers maxima. It's mostly diamond audio with tvs and such, that is not that complex or any more complex than mine son. it's a wooden box on 3/4 of it with speaker rings droped in and suported then fleeced to give the top the wavy look and glassed...The back seat is there it was just folded down to reveal a white painted board with the distro and fuse stuff on. Then a small "tub" that holds the amps on the back side of the seat, never mind that it's got 9 subs what am i gonna do with that, my car is an sq car not a monkey car...If you wanna talk **** dont' talk **** about somthing that i do for a hobby. O and the boat load of amps??? come on there is 4 double stacked. My "heavy *** wheels" are not as heavy as you think just cuz there 19"s. So what if i lose .00002 in the quarter that I'll only run once anyway...What ever happend to people caring about ride looks handling and all for every day driving...Everybody on this forum seems over dun with the quarter and they dont' even do it. The custom stereo was designed to be light and use empty space so the car would still be usable unlike the stinger one that can't be used at all, mine gained 50lbs total with all the stereo stuff. I think to many people assume way to much, the car was thought out in a lot of ways, that may not be so obvious.
all you said was you had the best stereo.. most unique.. i am not doubting your knowledge, just backing up the statement of it not being that unique.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

all you said was you had the best stereo.. most unique.. i am not doubting your knowledge, just backing up the statement of it not being that unique.
on here i think i do, ive yet to see one better...And still compared to the stinger one I think mine is better it's got much more going on throughout it and more cleaner: to me...Thats the thing with audio, it's completly opinion...Now certainly there are better stereos, ie steve brown (everything he touches turns to iridiom), but then again i don't have 200,000 to drop on a stereo
Old 07-24-2002, 12:13 PM
Jedi Knight

first shaved 3rd...gen...(sorry if repost...can't find my original)
Old 07-24-2002, 05:52 PM

on here i think i do, ive yet to see one better...And still compared to the stinger one I think mine is better it's got much more going on throughout it and more cleaner: to me...Thats the thing with audio, it's completly opinion...Now certainly there are better stereos, ie steve brown (everything he touches turns to iridiom), but then again i don't have 200,000 to drop on a stereo
First of all I have to give you mad props on the broke a$$ kick panels you got in the front, and that 1980's "hide the radio" panel on your dash. I only got involved in this thread because it was linked in a post from yesterday, not because I went digging it up from two months ago. Competeing in a car show involves more than just stereo, and I give you props on the 6th place at world finals. My friend won 5th a few years ago with no amps or subs-you don't impress me very much. You car would not do very well at a REAL car show, that flashy cloth interior, plain dash, and those MB Quart speaker grills! Damn that car is fine!! Having something custom requires doing something unique, not something that was done multiple times before. If you think you can really compete, please come to NOPI Nationals in September and shut us all up in person!! Or if you are scared then just say you are scared!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by nvmymax2

First of all I have to give you mad props on the broke a$$ kick panels you got in the front, and that 1980's "hide the radio" panel on your dash. I only got involved in this thread because it was linked in a post from yesterday, not because I went digging it up from two months ago. Competeing in a car show involves more than just stereo, and I give you props on the 6th place at world finals. My friend won 5th a few years ago with no amps or subs-you don't impress me very much. You car would not do very well at a REAL car show, that flashy cloth interior, plain dash, and those MB Quart speaker grills! Damn that car is fine!! Having something custom requires doing something unique, not something that was done multiple times before. If you think you can really compete, please come to NOPI Nationals in September and shut us all up in person!! Or if you are scared then just say you are scared!!!!
That 1980's hide the face thing seems to go over pretty well since it gets the full 5 points allotted per item for creativity. Never mind that you can just leave it one and flip through the disk without removing the panel, not like having to wonder if somebody will walk by and say hey nice head unit I’ll take that. The kicks where kept plain for the same reason as most of the car is, to keep it stealth, it would be just as easy to make them flashy and paint them per what seems to be done the most now. It’s still all glass and mdf like most installs, just as easy to paint as it would be to wrap it in vinyl…It’s not like I run q forms.

If you look at the title of the post it's what makes your car unique, my stereo from what I’ve seen on here is the best on here...Show me one better? And if you read I said no it’s not the best in general Steve brown would tear me apart. (Along with other) So again I will say that from what I have seen that my stereo is the best in a maxima that I have seen on here.

If you notice I compete in Iasca I never said hey I'm winning major events for this and that...You can try to make up the worlds most stupidest **** if you want but you have yet to make any point. By the way nice **** you got that’s real special. Flames??? Come on you hick it’s a maxima. And never mind the custom a piller gauge pod you got or the tape that you think is real aluminum that’s not something you can get anywhere for 5 bucks. 6th place is not great but it's also not an easy class, I'm not in the novice class...By the way who is your boy? But I have won the state champ the last two years the national points championship the last two years and so fourth, not to bad. If it is so easy come to finals with what ever you want since you can take 5th with no amps and compete against me! Bring your P.A. and compete!

Those cloth seats are factory can't you come up with a better point., did I say the whole car was custom, no but quite a lot is. I’m sorry I don’t go by prebuilt body kits and seats, bad looking gauge pods and so on, I prefer custom more better fit better looking things, and that takes time to build..And not that it matters much but most of the install is being redone as I type, I'll be sure to post pics after finals hopefully it gets your approval cuz that’s all I care about. Especially since you’ve done so much. and this install will have something that has not been done yet.

This forum seems to be the only place that don't react with pleasing comments. I'll admit the pics suck and most are missing but damn. I can say I’ve been in 3 mags what can you say you’ve been in? Ghetto monthy?!? Everything at this point has been done with car stereo from tubing out battery’s in the engine bay to massive rebuilt everything, the key is to make a clean look that works with the car...That is what mine does, sound great, look clean, very stealth and usable, and on the reg I get scores of 440-450 out of 502 not too bad. I’m sorry I just don’t have a box that takes up most of my trunk and large tubs that allow me to use nothing, if that’s what I wanted I would have bought a supra ran 30psi and rebuilt it all, I bought the max to add to what it already had. Your real tuff and smart across the net, you really scare me big man. What could be unique that has not been done to a car or truck at this point? Not much, but let me know, and I'll do it cuz this way I can have your approval cuz that’s all that matters like I said.

What ever happend to just looking at cars and going hey not bad? It seems like no matter who anywhere, the most you do to somthing if sombody else don't have it, they will complain.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:03 PM

the only 5th gen in my town with a big FRIGGEN dint in the rear qtr panel where someone hit my car while i was djing friday night

but on the up side im the only 5thgen on the north shore in louisiana with front and rear clears also one of the fastest maximas on the north shore
Old 07-24-2002, 10:17 PM

I'm not flaming here, but I think the only reason they're ******* you is the last comment you originally made about having the most modified Maxima.

That 1980's hide the face thing seems to go over pretty well since it gets the full 5 points allotted per item for creativity. Never mind that you can just leave it one and flip through the disk without removing the panel, not like having to wonder if somebody will walk by and say hey nice head unit I’ll take that. The kicks where kept plain for the same reason as most of the car is, to keep it stealth, it would be just as easy to make them flashy and paint them per what seems to be done the most now. It’s still all glass and mdf like most installs, just as easy to paint as it would be to wrap it in vinyl…It’s not like I run q forms.

If you look at the title of the post it's what makes your car unique, my stereo from what I’ve seen on here is the best on here...Show me one better? And if you read I said no it’s not the best in general Steve brown would tear me apart. (Along with other) So again I will say that from what I have seen that my stereo is the best in a maxima that I have seen on here.

If you notice I compete in Iasca I never said hey I'm winning major events for this and that...You can try to make up the worlds most stupidest **** if you want but you have yet to make any point. By the way nice **** you got that’s real special. Flames??? Come on you hick it’s a maxima. And never mind the custom a piller gauge pod you got or the tape that you think is real aluminum that’s not something you can get anywhere for 5 bucks. 6th place is not great but it's also not an easy class, I'm not in the novice class...By the way who is your boy? But I have won the state champ the last two years the national points championship the last two years and so fourth, not to bad. If it is so easy come to finals with what ever you want since you can take 5th with no amps and compete against me! Bring your P.A. and compete!

Those cloth seats are factory can't you come up with a better point., did I say the whole car was custom, no but quite a lot is. I’m sorry I don’t go by prebuilt body kits and seats, bad looking gauge pods and so on, I prefer custom more better fit better looking things, and that takes time to build..And not that it matters much but most of the install is being redone as I type, I'll be sure to post pics after finals hopefully it gets your approval cuz that’s all I care about. Especially since you’ve done so much. and this install will have something that has not been done yet.

This forum seems to be the only place that don't react with pleasing comments. I'll admit the pics suck and most are missing but damn. I can say I’ve been in 3 mags what can you say you’ve been in? Ghetto monthy?!? Everything at this point has been done with car stereo from tubing out battery’s in the engine bay to massive rebuilt everything, the key is to make a clean look that works with the car...That is what mine does, sound great, look clean, very stealth and usable, and on the reg I get scores of 440-450 out of 502 not too bad. I’m sorry I just don’t have a box that takes up most of my trunk and large tubs that allow me to use nothing, if that’s what I wanted I would have bought a supra ran 30psi and rebuilt it all, I bought the max to add to what it already had. Your real tuff and smart across the net, you really scare me big man. What could be unique that has not been done to a car or truck at this point? Not much, but let me know, and I'll do it cuz this way I can have your approval cuz that’s all that matters like I said.

What ever happend to just looking at cars and going hey not bad? It seems like no matter who anywhere, the most you do to somthing if sombody else don't have it, they will complain.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:23 PM

Man you need to understand that the only reason that I started posting on this thread was because of the fact that you posted about having the biggest and the baddest maxima that there is, which I personally find to be BS! Your big headed post got it started and I was just having a little fun with it, so don't get your feelings hurt. I will give you props-HONESTLY-your max is fat. I have always liked it, but I just don't like people with big heads. I never post much here on the org, especially when it comes to controversary. I usually just sit back and read the post that are here and if someone needs help with something that I could help with then I offer my assistance, otherwise I chill. So to end this nonsense, sorry if I have offended you in any way. Good luck competeing and happy modding!!

ps I don't know what pics you looked at of my car, but I haven't had the flames on it for almost a year now!! Check out this link for current pics: http://members.cardomain.com/nvmymax2

Blake
Old 07-25-2002, 03:32 AM
Ludicrous Speed

My 97 GXE automagic is the first to have:

S/C
Turbocharger
FMIC
NOS

All under one 4th gen hood.... HA! Beat that...
Old 07-25-2002, 03:36 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by max002
My 97 GXE automagic is the first to have:

S/C
Turbocharger
FMIC
NOS

All under one 4th gen hood.... HA! Beat that...
Did I mention that they're all paper cut-outs???

I didn't say they actually worked now did I...I just said I was the first to have them.

My max is actually unique because it's the first to have silver colored stock gxe hubcaps in the back, and red-brown hubs on the front wheels....yep, that rust sure brings out the color in my max. I'd like some nice rims though...
Old 07-25-2002, 07:32 AM

My 97 has a deep scratch on the pssenger side from something it hit one night, my 02 has 01 SE rims I swapped out with dealer.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:10 PM

You guys don't know what he meant by unique. Here's the deal, I have an 87 maxima, the trunk sensor is borken so the car always thinks a door is open. The alarm light should blink until the car is locked and then stay on for 30 seconds. Since the trunk sensor is broken the alarm won't activate, and the alarm light will just blink forever. Now this light won't drain my battery, however since the car thinks a door is open it leaves the lights on the doors on, which are red, now i could just take the bulbs out, but it looks very cool with red lights illuminating the interior, so i left them in. so what i have to do is take the fuse out that controls the deck, interior lights and alarm when i get in and out of the car, takes me 2 seconds each time, its not a pain at all. Now if anyone else wants to talk unique lets hear it.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:42 AM
MAX

I haven't seen anyone else with a spoiler like mine.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:42 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by Brendan
You guys don't know what he meant by unique. Here's the deal, I have an 87 maxima, the trunk sensor is borken so the car always thinks a door is open. The alarm light should blink until the car is locked and then stay on for 30 seconds. Since the trunk sensor is broken the alarm won't activate, and the alarm light will just blink forever. Now this light won't drain my battery, however since the car thinks a door is open it leaves the lights on the doors on, which are red, now i could just take the bulbs out, but it looks very cool with red lights illuminating the interior, so i left them in. so what i have to do is take the fuse out that controls the deck, interior lights and alarm when i get in and out of the car, takes me 2 seconds each time, its not a pain at all. Now if anyone else wants to talk unique lets hear it.
Now that's real unique...lol

Crazy stuff
Old 08-05-2002, 02:52 AM
Former Sponsor

I have a black fourth gen with a black stillen kit lowered with exhaust.... not many of those on the org that look like mine I do have 19" rims that no one has but they are sitting in the garage right now... I had a CF hood but I sold that... so yea... hahaha
Old 08-05-2002, 10:52 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

what's unique about my car?

i drive it and you cant.
mwuahahah
Old 08-05-2002, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by max002

Now that's real unique...lol

Crazy stuff

haha i know man
Old 08-05-2002, 12:48 PM

mine is a convertible
Old 08-05-2002, 12:51 PM

I have a nice dent in my hood from my battery blowing up last week. Oh yea the underhood lining is screwed too!