General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SERIOUS THREAD all maxima SR20DET info needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg
Ask Hogan, he can source, install, and tune ANY engine into ANY car.

He's done so many swaps he can do them with his eyes closed...

If you would like to further discuss your comments about me, feel free to email me. You know how to contact me.

Like Bill, you seem to enjoy making retarded comments in light that you are a moderator, and obviously your post HAS NO POSITIVE IMPACT ON MAXIMA.ORG.

Please do your job correctly.

Old 05-02-2002, 02:54 PM

maximus75, yes a bluebird in Japan and UK.

Special version had AWD platform of Sunny GTiR.

Called the 2.0-SSS Limited.

I do have a GTiR Engine, Tranny, and Redmaxpa007 can easily back any claims I have of having the motor.
I do have other DET Motors along w/ several 1JZ 2.5TT Toyota motors.

I've had the discussion w/ Vyper0 about the SR20DET Swap, I have offered him a choice of Transmissions from either the VG or VE motor. I do have VG30E in stock along w/ VE30DE, and several VQ30DEs. I will be obtaining a VQ35DE out of a Pathfinder in just over a week, apparently there is a 6spd Maxima tranny available complete w/ LSD.(Axles included.)

-Peace

**********"heads will roll" not acceptable although I'm not sure what it refers to but I edited it out anyway. Jeff********

Old 05-02-2002, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Chimp Dj
[B]maximus75, yes a bluebird in Japan and UK.

Special version had AWD platform of Sunny GTiR.

Called the 2.0-SSS Limited.

I do have a GTiR Engine, Tranny, and Redmaxpa007 can easily back any claims I have of having the motor.
I do have other DET Motors along w/ several 1JZ 2.5TT Toyota motors.

I've had the discussion w/ Vyper0 about the SR20DET Swap, I have offered him a choice of Transmissions from either the VG or VE motor. I do have VG30E in stock along w/ VE30DE, and several VQ30DEs. I will be obtaining a VQ35DE out of a Pathfinder in just over a week, apparently there is a 6spd Maxima tranny available complete w/ LSD.(Axles included.)

-Peace
Chimp, 2 questions:
1 Does the pathfinder engine have an all aluminum block or is it iron block/aluminum heads?
2 Where the hell did you find a 6spd!!!!!!!????????
Old 05-02-2002, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by maximus75
Chimp, 2 questions:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE.

Stereodude
Old 05-02-2002, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by Stereodude
I'm going to go out on a limb and say a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE.

Stereodude
Thanks Pal I mean I've been looking for a 2002 6spd and there just not available yet.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:01 PM

Thanks Pal I mean I've been looking for a 2002 6spd and there just not available yet.
How about just ordering for one, and they will call you when they get it in?

BTW, this post is part of the org recycle bin in a little at this rate.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by Cincy94Max

I was just suggesting that it would be more cost efficient to simply buy the pistons, rings, et cetera from Nissan and forget swapping the whole engine in. I read a thread where TILLEYS99, who has a VQ30DET in his car, not his garage, said the differences between the engines are minimal, besides the pistons, and that the whole swap just wasn't worth the hassle. In other words, it would be easier to buy the pistons and the current turbo kit and get similar performance. I'm not sure if this is the thread, but here is a lengthy thread about the VQ30DET:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....0DET+not+worth
I don't think the VQ30DET swap is a non HP yielding swap, that cannot be argued, but I do not think it is the most cost efficient option for a turbo VQ. Just my opinion though.
not to argue, but tilleys99 vqdet is in the garage. I was there less than a week ago. He didn't speak of tremendous overhauls to his new engine to get it up to speed.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:23 PM

Didn't they come in Altimas in Japan? It was called a Bluebird or something. I could be wrong, don't know much agout altimas. Check this out http://www.altimas.net/gal158.htm
Yes, that's true. Unfortunately the car we get in the US is not quite the same.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by SLC I30t

not to argue, but tilleys99 vqdet is in the garage. I was there less than a week ago. He didn't speak of tremendous overhauls to his new engine to get it up to speed.
whoops I just remember him saying there wasn't much difference in the motors besides the pistons. But considering I have no idea how much his engine cost him, I guess I can't really comment on cost efficiency. Oh well, I'm done with this thread because I have already run my mouth too much and said too many ignorant things.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:53 AM

Chimp, 2 questions:
1 Does the pathfinder engine have an all aluminum block or is it iron block/aluminum heads?
Aluminum Alloy block and heads.

One of the NYC Junkyards got a crashed 6spd LSD Maxima, upon further investigation, the car was from one of NY's dealers(clue upstate) and was involved in a heavy side collision, injuring an executive of a dealership. In other words he screwed around, and messed up. Engine side cover was slightly damaged, lower control arm broke like stereodudes case, lights were destroyed, taillights destroyed, wheels, wouldn't risk selling, engine would not start, but tranny seems to have suffered minor damage.

Jeff, edit what you need, at your discretion, just don't post like a retard like some of the other "moderators."

SLC I30t, block is outside his house, which I need, the motor is in the car, awaiting copper headgaskets, and the custom ECU, I am having made now. He has switched to a 96 complete harness making my life easier, I blew my motor to bits, so that PF 3.5 block is looking tempting.

Bluebird 2.0-SSS Limited
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~dstreb...ird-intro.html

Old 05-03-2002, 07:45 PM

Aluminum Alloy block and heads.

One of the NYC Junkyards got a crashed 6spd LSD Maxima, upon further investigation, the car was from one of NY's dealers(clue upstate) and was involved in a heavy side collision, injuring an executive of a dealership. In other words he screwed around, and messed up. Engine side cover was slightly damaged, lower control arm broke like stereodudes case, lights were destroyed, taillights destroyed, wheels, wouldn't risk selling, engine would not start, but tranny seems to have suffered minor damage.

Jeff, edit what you need, at your discretion, just don't post like a retard like some of the other "moderators."

SLC I30t, block is outside his house, which I need, the motor is in the car, awaiting copper headgaskets, and the custom ECU, I am having made now. He has switched to a 96 complete harness making my life easier, I blew my motor to bits, so that PF 3.5 block is looking tempting.

Bluebird 2.0-SSS Limited
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~dstreb...ird-intro.html
I heard something about those trannies useing a cable setup instead of the shaft for the shifter. Do you think it's something that could be made to work in a forth gen? The only reason I'm holding out an a quaife is cause I'd rather have HLSD.
Old 05-04-2002, 07:52 AM

I heard something about those trannies useing a cable setup instead of the shaft for the shifter. Do you think it's something that could be made to work in a forth gen? The only reason I'm holding out an a quaife is cause I'd rather have HLSD.
I don't see it happening w/ missing items, such as linkages, and there might be a conflict on splines. Either from Engine to Tranny or HLSD Axles to 4th gen Hubs.

-Research time.

Old 05-04-2002, 09:01 AM

I don't see it happening w/ missing items, such as linkages, and there might be a conflict on splines. Either from Engine to Tranny or HLSD Axles to 4th gen Hubs.

-Research time.
Let know if you find out anything. If figured if theres any major problem it would be with the mounts on the tranny, the shift linkage and drive shafts. Even if the 5th gen splines are the same the shaft lengths might be off. But driveshafts can always be made.