General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How is this estimate?...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 02:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How is this estimate? (bumper repaint)

Wednesday I'm taking my car over to the body shop to get the front bumper repainted ( no more bra Craig ).
The shop will sand/strip the current paint, fill (bondo) and sand all pits and scrapes, and repaint the bumper (color-matched with clear-coat and flex agent) for $325. He uses OEM paint and typically does a very good job (his shop specialized in rebuilding totalled late-model Porsches and Benzs). What do you think? Too much? My Nissan dealer wanted $375 to repaint without stipping the current paint, $500+ to repaint as this shop will (stipping current paint).
-Cyrus
Old 05-04-2002, 03:40 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Haha it's about time you took that ghey thing off.

Are you payin for this or is mommy?

It's definatally fair...to strip, clean, paint and clear coat the WHOLE bumper for $3 something is defenatally a good price.

Next for you

-5% tint
-stealin' body kit
-CAI
-Downpipe
-Dualies
-red/clear tails
-5-speed conversion
-mesh grille
-Lightning Antenna
-OEM spoiler
-OEM fog lights
-Pioneer DEH-P730 Reciever
Old 05-04-2002, 04:29 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

If the shop has a great reputation, then I would pay whatever they ask
Old 05-04-2002, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
If the shop has a great reputation, then I would pay whatever they ask
Yes they do, and this is but part of why I am going to them over Nissan. It isn't even that the price matters that much, but Nissan won't color-match. My car is definitely faded (thank God it's not black!), and OEM paint would stick out like it does on Weasel's car. But even if they did I would probably go to this bodyshop because they have done work on my family's cars before and my dad and mom really commend their work.

Craig, I am paying for this. The only think on my car my parents paid for is the stereo, and that was a gift. They don't dish out money for my car unlike some people's parents.

And what's really next for me, in comparison to your list:
-5% tint --> 15%, 5% is too damn ostentatious.
-stealin' body kit --> Yeah I will probably end up getting this one because all of the others look like... poop.
-CAI --> Once desired, I think the HAI is better for me as most of my driving requires high-range power which the CAI lacks to provide.
-Downpipe --> Yes I want it.
-Dualies --> Nope, too Mucsle-car for me.
-red/clear tails --> Yes I want.
-5-speed conversion --> No way in hell, if I had the money for a 5spd conversion I would rather build up my auto. (After all, who's faster than Don?)
-mesh grille --> I have them on right now, but after repaint I'll leave them off. I actually like the stock grill.
-Lightning Antenna --> Had one and I though it looked like crap so I got rid of it. Honestly, crap.
-OEM spoiler --> Yes I want unless the Type-II comes through.
-OEM fog lights --> Yes I want.
-Pioneer DEH-P730 Reciever --> Sorry, I'm not a music-junkee. Eclipse is good enough for me.
Old 05-04-2002, 04:51 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by Vyrus

Yes they do, and this is but part of why I am going to them over Nissan. It isn't even that the price matters that much, but Nissan won't color-match. My car is definitely faded (thank God it's not black!), and OEM paint would stick out like it does on Weasel's car. But even if they did I would probably go to this bodyshop because they have done work on my family's cars before and my dad and mom really commend their work.

Craig, I am paying for this. The only think on my car my parents paid for is the stereo, and that was a gift. They don't dish out money for my car unlike some people's parents.

And what's really next for me, in comparison to your list:
-5% tint --> 15%, 5% is too damn ostentatious.
-stealin' body kit --> Yeah I will probably end up getting this one because all of the others look like... poop.
-CAI --> Once desired, I think the HAI is better for me as most of my driving requires high-range power which the CAI lacks to provide.
-Downpipe --> Yes I want it.
-Dualies --> Nope, too Mucsle-car for me.
-red/clear tails --> Yes I want.
-5-speed conversion --> No way in hell, if I had the money for a 5spd conversion I would rather build up my auto. (After all, who's faster than Don?)
-mesh grille --> I have them on right now, but after repaint I'll leave them off. I actually like the stock grill.
-Lightning Antenna --> Had one and I though it looked like crap so I got rid of it. Honestly, crap.
-OEM spoiler --> Yes I want unless the Type-II comes through.
-OEM fog lights --> Yes I want.
-Pioneer DEH-P730 Reciever --> Sorry, I'm not a music-junkee. Eclipse is good enough for me.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus

My car is definitely faded (thank God it's not black!), and OEM paint would stick out like it does on Weasel's car.
Oh, it's much worse than that... it's Maaco. My sig is a poster for why you shouldn't go to Maaco. Ever. Oh yeah, and some movie.
Old 05-05-2002, 12:39 AM

thats a pretty good price. Cheaper than what the shop asked me for
Old 05-05-2002, 12:50 AM

just odnt be gullible like most people at performance shops
Old 05-05-2002, 06:41 AM

Originally posted by iregula
just odnt be gullible like most people at performance shops
It's not a performance shop, it's a body shop. Like I said they specialize in rebuilding totalled imports. I would NEVER go to a speed shop for something like this...
-Cyrus