General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Roadkill: Grand Am and Sportbike.. all at the smokked same time

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by Colonel

Not necessarily true. I have a guy here at work that wont rev his over 5K. Old school thinker I guess. Says he wants to be carefull with the motor. LOL, once I reach op temp that baby goes to redline for a 3 digit dash!

And just because he owns one does not mean he is comfortable driving it!

Yeah I've seen those fools before. Nah now that I sold my bikes I can't wait to be riding again! I was just getting the hang of wheelies(no clutch) and stoppies!
Old 05-07-2002, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by pawn

v-twins suck!...IMO

Obviously you don't know jack about bikes! The 998 is new
for 2002 with the Testastretta engine which replaced the 996 Desmoquattro last built in 2001. This 998 is a bad @ss bike. Its actually what they call a L twin!

DUCATI 998
Type L twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder Desmodromic; liquid cooled
Displacement 998 cc
BorexStroke 100x63.5 mm
Compression Ratio 11.4:1
Power 91 kW - 123 HP @ 9500 rpm
Torque 97 Nm - 9.9 kgm @ 8000 rpm
Old 05-07-2002, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by CIRCO

Obviously you don't know jack about bikes! The 998 is new
for 2002 with the Testastretta engine which replaced the 996 Desmoquattro last built in 2001. This 998 is a bad @ss bike. Its actually what they call a L twin!

obviously you can't read...take not to the "IMO"

and good for you, you got the hang of a stoppie..real hard to nail squeeze the tank, push down on the handle bars..and nail the front brake..

and the wheelie w/no clutch...also easy...whack the trottle...front end will rise...back off...hit it again..let off...when the shock sink down...hit it the last time..pull up a bit...and voila!

want a challenge...stand up while riding your wheelies....
Old 05-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

v-twins suck!...IMO
That's your opinion, but what experience do you have with them?

I've ridden:
CBR-F3, CBR-F4i, ZX-9R, R6, 750 Nighthawk, HD sportster, TL1000R, and a Ducati 900SS.

The V-Twins have Awesome low end power. If you're talking about straight line driving then it doesn't matter much. But when you're taking turns and "really" riding a bike, coming out of a turn with lots of power available is more fun then just going straight and fast.

Try riding a curvy road with a V-Twin and you'll understand. Plus with aftermarket pipes these things sound Great.
Old 05-07-2002, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by breaux124

That's your opinion, but what experience do you have with them?

I've ridden:
CBR-F3, CBR-F4i, ZX-9R, R6, 750 Nighthawk, HD sportster, TL1000R, and a Ducati 900SS.

The V-Twins have Awesome low end power. If you're talking about straight line driving then it doesn't matter much. But when you're taking turns and "really" riding a bike, coming out of a turn with lots of power available is more fun then just going straight and fast.

Try riding a curvy road with a V-Twin and you'll understand. Plus with aftermarket pipes these things sound Great.

ive ridden a lot of bikes...only 1 vtwin though...996 superhawk...its an alright bike..i don't like its fairless look...and i really hate the way they sound...even w/pipes...but they are good for wheelies though...VERY TORQUEY
Old 05-07-2002, 01:34 PM

obviously you can't read...take not to the "IMO"

and good for you, you got the hang of a stoppie..real hard to nail squeeze the tank, push down on the handle bars..and nail the front brake..

and the wheelie w/no clutch...also easy...whack the trottle...front end will rise...back off...hit it again..let off...when the shock sink down...hit it the last time..pull up a bit...and voila!

want a challenge...stand up while riding your wheelies....
I read the IMO, but if you only rode a superhawk there is no basis. Yeah just nail your brakes sure! Try it and turn at the same time! Sitting wheelies are harder than standing guy! Want a real challenge wheelie while sitting on your gas tank feet over your handle bars!
Old 05-07-2002, 01:39 PM

I read the IMO, but if you only rode a superhawk there is no basis. Yeah just nail your brakes sure! Try it and turn at the same time! Sitting wheelies are harder than standing guy! Want a real challenge wheelie while sitting on your gas tank feet over your handles bar!
ok, you just barely figured out how to do a wheelie and now your an expert...that's cool...and i can already do the feet over the windscreen/sittin on tank thing...just not enough ***** to pull up the wheelie yet...
Old 05-07-2002, 01:48 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

ok, you just barely figured out how to do a wheelie and now your an expert...that's cool...and i can already do the feet over the windscreen/sittin on tank thing...just not enough ***** to pull up the wheelie yet...
read the IMO, but if you only rode a superhawk there is no basis. Yeah just nail your brakes sure! Try it and turn at the same time! Sitting wheelies are harder than standing guy! Want a real challenge wheelie while sitting on your gas tank feet over your handle bars!

Let me know when you guys wreck your bikes...I might buy them for parts.

And the SuperHawk is no comparison for a twin. Go ride an RC for a better Honda representation.
Old 05-07-2002, 01:56 PM

Barely figured it out on a 600 GSXR with a tired clutch! I don't think you know our crew! I wasn't calling myself an expert, I was just saying that you shouldn't say things without actually experiencing it. Besides tricks aren't the beauty of owning a bike, the beauty is really laying your bike out till you have worn the entire back tire up to the side wall. Thats how you tell if a rider is good or not. I have been riding dirt bikes since well, before you were born. So I wouldn't assume that I am new to this bike thing! The feet over handle bars is easy, you know you got some if you can pull it up and hold it! Dude I am not hating on you or anything, but was just saying that you don't know the 998.
Old 05-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Administrator

i didn't create this thread for b!tches.. everybody sh#t the f#ck up
Old 05-07-2002, 02:06 PM

Barely figured it out on a 600 GSXR with a tired clutch! I don't think you know our crew! I wasn't calling myself an expert, I was just saying that you shouldn't say things without actually experiencing it. Besides tricks aren't the beauty of owning a bike, the beauty is really laying your bike out till you have worn the entire back tire up to the side wall. Thats how you tell if a rider is good or not. I have been riding dirt bikes since well, before you were born. So I wouldn't assume that I am new to this bike thing! The feet over handle bars is easy, you know you got some if you can pull it up and hold it! Dude I am not hating on you or anything, but was just saying that you don't know the 998.

i will take a pic of my back tire for you...
Old 05-07-2002, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
i didn't create this thread for b!tches.. everybody sh#t the f#ck up
OK boss I see how it is!
Old 05-07-2002, 02:16 PM

i will take a pic of my back tire for you...

One last post sprintmax Check it out http://www.808speed.com/bikes.html
Old 05-08-2002, 08:53 AM
Administrator

One last post sprintmax Check it out http://www.808speed.com/bikes.html

the R6 is my dream bike
Old 05-08-2002, 09:15 AM

Just for the record, I raced a gsxr this past weekend - it was hilarious. Off the line I was like dang this is close, as he pulled maybe a car by first (i expected him to be GONE) and was thinking I was half ok, well, I guess he wasnt in powerband haha b/c then you just hear that baby scream like crazy as he just pulls rediculous amounts on me through 2nd gear... it was funny to see though, wish i had videod it