General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just had BFG GForce KDWS tires installed. Awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 06:29 AM
Keven97SE

Just had BFG GForce KDWS tires installed. Awesome!

My first impressions of these tires is fantastic! Very stiff sidewalls...you can tell by the reduction in body roll. I needed some help in that department, as I'm riding on the stock 16's. The car remains very well composed in hard sweepers. Grip is very very good...I expected less. Ride is stiffer than the Dunlop SP5000's I just had, but noise is very low (they are new, but still...). Overall impression of these tires is an awesome tire.

With the $50 mail-in rebate now, the price was very good, too...right around $100/tire after the rebate.

They look slightly narrower than the last SP5000's, too...at 225-50-16, they fit the rim much better. Not much bulge at all. Look great!

We'll see what wear is like. They're rated UTQG 400.

Old 05-10-2002, 06:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Just had BFG GForce KDWS tires installed. Awesome!

Originally posted by Keven97SE
My first impressions of these tires is fantastic! Very stiff sidewalls...you can tell by the reduction in body roll. I needed some help in that department, as I'm riding on the stock 16's. The car remains very well composed in hard sweepers. Grip is very very good...I expected less. Ride is stiffer than the Dunlop SP5000's I just had, but noise is very low (they are new, but still...). Overall impression of these tires is an awesome tire.

With the $50 mail-in rebate now, the price was very good, too...right around $100/tire after the rebate.

They look slightly narrower than the last SP5000's, too...at 225-50-16, they fit the rim much better. Not much bulge at all. Look great!

We'll see what wear is like. They're rated UTQG 400.
I like my Yokohama AVS DB tires better
Old 05-10-2002, 06:56 AM
Keven97SE

Re: Re: Just had BFG GForce KDWS tires installed. Awesome!

Looked at those tires, too. General customer feedback on the Tirerack was poorer tread life, which is why I ended up going with the BFGs. I take it you've tried both? How many miles out of the BFGs?

I might try the dB's next time around (1.5 years at my going rate...dangit I go through tires quickly!).

Originally posted by HondaKiller718

I like my Yokohama AVS DB tires better

Old 05-10-2002, 07:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Just had BFG GForce KDWS tires installed. Awesome!

Originally posted by Keven97SE
Looked at those tires, too. General customer feedback on the Tirerack was poorer tread life, which is why I ended up going with the BFGs. I take it you've tried both? How many miles out of the BFGs?

I might try the dB's next time around (1.5 years at my going rate...dangit I go through tires quickly!).

The dB's are great tires. I highly reccomend them
Sorry, I haven't tried the BFG's. I don't worry about treadlife becuase I don't run up many miles yearly anyway, about 7,000. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase

Old 05-10-2002, 11:28 AM
Keven97SE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just had BFG GForce KDWS tires installed. Awesome!

How can you say you like the dB's better than KDWS's when you've never tried the KDWS's? Not to start anything, but why is it that people have to chime in with comments pro- or against something when they have no direct experience?

Thanks for your comment about the dB's. I'll seriously consider them next time. However, your comment about them being better is completely unsubstantiated, and serves no purpose but to make you feel better. Glad my post helped you there.

Originally posted by HondaKiller718

The dB's are great tires. I highly reccomend them
Sorry, I haven't tried the BFG's. I don't worry about treadlife becuase I don't run up many miles yearly anyway, about 7,000. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase

Old 05-10-2002, 11:33 AM

i have SP5000's for track tires and i'm very happy with em, i gotta check these new ones out for only 100 a tire! my 15's cost more than that for my dunlops!
Old 05-10-2002, 11:41 AM

g-Force tires- very good tires