General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

flywheel owners impression?...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 10:29 PM

I am considering getting the lightweight flywheel, and was just curious as to what you guys' impressions were, as far as improved performance. Also, does it affect throttle stability on cruise control? Just curious. I gather that it is a pretty worthwhile mod. Also, how does it do with the UR pulley, too.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-29-2000, 10:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just installed a Stillen Aluminum Flywheel,

yesterday amongst a few other goodies.My impression of it is the car reves notacibly quicker in all gears as specialy 1 and then 2nd,it would be safe to say it has made my car quicker.Keep in mind this is not a cheap mod costing over $500 plus install which is about $300 more.So unless your runing out of ideas {allready have all the mods} or have to replace your clutch then it is kind of impractical to do when compared to other mods offering similar power gains costing far less.

I wonder if the UDP would work in unacin {no clue how to spell that} with the Alloy fly wheel,another words I wonder if the 2 mods work together better then just having one or the other.Anyone?
Old 11-30-2000, 07:13 AM
Keven97SE

Re: I just installed a Stillen Aluminum Flywheel,

Don't do it! The Old One at the endyn.com site claims that using the UDP and LW flywheel in unison has caused crankshafts to literally snap due to the large increase in crankshaft vibrations and stress. I cannot confirm whether this is true, but I trust TOO's comments a lot - the guy knows his stuff.

I sold my UDP awhile back in anticipation of the flywheel. I'm not taking any chances.

Originally posted by emax95
...I wonder if the UDP would work in unacin {no clue how to spell that} with the Alloy fly wheel,another words I wonder if the 2 mods work together better then just having one or the other.Anyone?