General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Friggen Copycats

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 05:29 PM

check this out

http://www.honda2001.com/models/s200...otos/0-big.jpg

BTW another copycat is the new Honduh Civic coupes. The C Pillar looks like a Mercedes Benz CL and so does the taillamps.
Old 11-30-2000, 06:42 PM
EF

I don't see what's so "copycat" about the S2000.
I don't know what you're talking about with the Civic's because they don't make civic coupes anymore, and I think the taillights on the new sedans look just like the Ford Focus.
And another thing, it's spelled H-O-N-D-A.
I don't see what you have against Hondas. Yes, there are a lot of riced-out Civics out there, but I've seen riced-out Maximas too. Honda has a much better reliability record than Nissan. And in my opinion, are built better.
Don't get me wrong, I like Maximas, but sometimes it seems like the owners hate everything except Maximas.

Old 11-30-2000, 06:45 PM

oooo settle down partner.
Old 11-30-2000, 06:58 PM

I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I think VQracer means that they are copying the advertisements Nissan has been making with their cars drifting in the desert scene. I don't know if Honda made one themselves, but it looks like someone might have just pasted a picture of an s2000 over a Nissan car. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:23 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by cheapo
I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I think VQracer means that they are copying the advertisements Nissan has been making with their cars drifting in the desert scene. I don't know if Honda made one themselves, but it looks like someone might have just pasted a picture of an s2000 over a Nissan car. Correct me if I'm wrong.
i'd have to agree...when i saw the pic i immediately thought of the maxima commercials...
Old 11-30-2000, 07:25 PM
My 4DSC

uhhhhhhh....

Originally posted by EF
I don't know what you're talking about with the Civic's because they don't make civic coupes anymore, and I think the taillights on the new sedans look just like the Ford Focus.
I don't see what you have against Hondas. Yes, there are a lot of riced-out Civics out there, but I've seen riced-out Maximas too. Honda has a much better reliability record than Nissan. And in my opinion, are built better.
Don't get me wrong, I like Maximas, but sometimes it seems like the owners hate everything except Maximas.
My friend has a 2001 Civic COUPE (yes, 2 door)...
check your facts.

Old 11-30-2000, 07:32 PM

Re: uhhhhhhh....

or he could just be jealous because he has a crap-ura...I mean acura legend and think that we hate all but the maxima. News flash buddy: we're not at all like that. Am I right guys?(and girls)
Old 11-30-2000, 07:44 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

god, frikken lurkers get all frikken defensive when we start cappin on stuff related to them. they get so raged up that they make assumptions n crap.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yes I do agree there were two civic 2001 coupes

a green one and a black one I saw at the outlet the other day. get the facts right.
Old 11-30-2000, 08:25 PM

Honduh, Honduh.....lol!
Old 11-30-2000, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by EF
can you say [si ma down] simmer down....stop barking soo much.
Old 11-30-2000, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by EF
I know for a fact that they make 2001 Civic coupes because I saw a commercial on t.v. advertising it. And no, I also know that most of us Maxima owners like other cars not just Maxima's. I happen to like Honduh's and Mazda's too.
Old 11-30-2000, 08:42 PM
is invisible

It's that hard to spell it right?

Maxipad, Maxipad, Maxipad! LOL!
Old 11-30-2000, 08:48 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

minima! minima!!
Old 12-01-2000, 03:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The tires are pointed forward. How did he induce the power slide?
________
Online Xxx Videos

Last edited by ThurzNite; 03-21-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2000, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by EF
What im talking about is the drift on that S2000 in the desert which reminds me of the 2000 Maxima commercial, and yes they do make 2001 Honduh Civic Coupes and they do resemble the Mercedes BenZ CL a little bit. Check it out at

http://www.vtec.net/civic/features/01design.html

and I never said that I hate Honduhs, I just don't like their style, and I spell it Honduh becuase it is fun so you can settle your happy *** down alright.
Old 12-02-2000, 12:23 PM

Uhm guys...I've been around a while...and although I do not own a Maxima I must say that some people on this board do think Maxima's are the shiet...true...but that is their own opinion...truth of the matter is that there are better cars out there...but for the money u paid u got a nice car...

this post was just to inform some of you that there are a few people who think maximas are god and everything else is shiet...please open up your eyes...even some long term board members agree with me.

Ants

Old 12-02-2000, 12:33 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Ants
Uhm guys...I've been around a while...and although I do not own a Maxima I must say that some people on this board do think Maxima's are the shiet...true...but that is their own opinion...truth of the matter is that there are better cars out there...but for the money u paid u got a nice car...

this post was just to inform some of you that there are a few people who think maximas are god and everything else is shiet...please open up your eyes...even some long term board members agree with me.

Ants
EFF YO ANTS!!! THE MAXIMA IS THE EFFIN CAR OF THE EFFIN MILLENIUMZ. WUT DE EFF MENG!!!!?!?! IT GOT 222 STOCK HP FROM DA VTEKK AND WHOOP THE SHEEZHAZ OTTA YO MOMMAS BOOTAY. *** N RACE DIS SHIEZ IF U GOT DA BALLZ FO IT ****!!!

lol.

id still trade in my max for a mkiv supra anyday.