General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Mini Road Trip to MI (no cheese buses sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Jer

Mini Road Trip to MI (no cheese buses sorry)

In just under 12 hours, I will be leaving my home in Toronto, Canada and making a little trip accross the border to the wonderful motor city of Detroit, to battle rush hour traffic - and be rewarded by a new Stillen blower kit

I'm not sure if there are many members around the Detroit, MI area (I'm pretty sure I remember hearing there's not many maxes down there), but if I see any nice looking maximas or .org stickers I'll be sure to honk and wave (keep an eye out for a crazy polish guy in a Silver Y2K SE w/semi-stock looking 5 spoke 17's sporting 245 tires, and Ontario plates - that will be me ) I'll be in Southfield visiting a client for most of the day, but since I'll be passing through the core, there's a good chance I'll run into an .org'er or two.

While I'm visiting, I may want to pick up a few other parts; can anybody here recommend any good performance shops? I'm looking for gauges, and some other misc. parts for a '91 TTzx (turbo timer, boost controller, etc).

See ya!
Jer
Old 05-23-2002, 05:14 PM
lcf

Re: Mini Road Trip to MI (no cheese buses sorry)

im in southwest michigan... 20 min from the indiana border (about 5 hrs from detroit). there arent very many michigan org members from what ive seen... good luck.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:18 PM
SLOW

Re: Re: Mini Road Trip to MI (no cheese buses sorry)

Originally posted by lcf
im in southwest michigan... 20 min from the indiana border (about 5 hrs from detroit). there arent very many michigan org members from what ive seen... good luck.
LCF what city? I'm in Kalamazoo.
Old 05-23-2002, 11:19 PM
lcf

Re: Re: Re: Mini Road Trip to MI (no cheese buses sorry)

Originally posted by Nealoc187

LCF what city? I'm in Kalamazoo.
im right by st joe! youre in kzoo? sweet dood. im going to be there this saturday night... partying at wayside and a latenight cap at the taproom.

Old 05-24-2002, 07:55 PM
Sly

Hey I'm in Canton, right between Ann Arbor and Detroit. There's not many imports around here in general. All the Max's I've seen on the roads are stock so chances are they're not members.

Damn and I thought I was the only crazy Polish guy around here.
Old 05-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

"me too!" post

Originally posted by Nealoc187

I'm in Kalamazoo.
me too!

Neal, a dude i work with saw your car the other week - he thought it was mine because he didn't know what color i drive and he saw me checking out anthracite rims online

he said your car looked sweet, but he didn't notice the carbon fiber hood - i showed him the pic on your autocross team's website and he confirmed that it was you he saw

kazoo all i see in Maximas are older people and groceries driving slow

and Sly, i've witnessed the complete lack of imports on the east side - a lot of those detroit area people, and even a lot of west michigan too, hate on imports

plus a lot of people getting discounts on domestic cars because they work for the auto maker, like i've got three uncles at Chrysler and could have gotten a sweet deal through them - but notice how i didn't?
Old 05-24-2002, 11:36 PM
SLOW

Re: "me too!" post

Originally posted by Yossarian

me too!

Neal, a dude i work with saw your car the other week - he thought it was mine because he didn't know what color i drive and he saw me checking out anthracite rims online

he said your car looked sweet, but he didn't notice the carbon fiber hood - i showed him the pic on your autocross team's website and he confirmed that it was you he saw

kazoo all i see in Maximas are older people and groceries driving slow

Thats cool to hear, glad he liked it hehe. I notice that it seems only older people drive maximas around here too. I do know one guy though, he's the VP of HR at my moms company, he has a 99 SE-L with a Stillen FSTB, I thought that was kindof cool he loves my car, but he hasn't seen it with the new wheels yet. I need to give him a ride in it some time.