General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 05:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

And I see my clear reflector laying on the ground this morning. My first reaction is to get ****ed because someone was stupid enough to touch my car. Then I thought, "They stole a freakin wedge bulb, a $.02 wedge bulb." My lady is like "At least they didn't take your stereo." (Thanks Nikki)

This is why, I'm not doing any physical mods to the Max because I'm going to have BIG fit if I catch someone touching my car. Freakin Ghetto people!!!!!
Old 05-24-2002, 05:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm sorry, Deez! (hug) Get one of those mini wireless cams and put it on your car! Then you can get out the bat and beat some ghetto brains in!
Old 05-24-2002, 05:46 AM

Re: Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

They didn't even take your clear lenses? Someone was in a big need of that bulb
Old 05-24-2002, 05:50 AM

Re: Re: Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

Originally posted by AndyXXL
They didn't even take your clear lenses? Someone was in a big need of that bulb
That'll be the last one they get though because I'll be screwing them in this afternoon.

OT: Did you get your car yet?
Old 05-24-2002, 05:57 AM

Re: Re: Re: Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

Originally posted by deezo
That'll be the last one they get though because I'll be screwing them in this afternoon.

OT: Did you get your car yet?

The dealer didn't get in touch with my insurance agent last night, so they had to contact each other this morning.
I'm picking up the car in a few hours. I even took second half of the day off. You'll definitely all know when I finally get it
Old 05-24-2002, 06:07 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

Originally posted by AndyXXL

The dealer didn't get in touch with my insurance agent last night, so they had to contact each other this morning.
I'm picking up the car in a few hours. I even took second half of the day off. You'll definitely all know when I finally get it
Congrats Andy!! We still need to meet up.
Old 05-24-2002, 07:33 AM

Sheesh ... you really do live in the ghettos!

I don't know about screwing them in though. I would rather let them take the damn bulb/marker rather them get mad and key up the car.
Old 05-24-2002, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by clee130
Sheesh ... you really do live in the ghettos!

I don't know about screwing them in though. I would rather let them take the damn bulb/marker rather them get mad and key up the car.
So you don't think I should lock them in?
Old 05-24-2002, 07:56 AM

So you don't think I should lock them in?
I mean, if they want it bad enough, it doesn't matter if it's screwed in or not. But I personally would rather pay for another set of corners or some bulbs instead of a new paint job if the punk decides to key up the car.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by clee130

I mean, if they want it bad enough, it doesn't matter if it's screwed in or not. But I personally would rather pay for another set of corners or some bulbs instead of a new paint job if the punk decides to key up the car.
I hear you. I want to catch them in the act next time.
Old 05-24-2002, 09:26 AM

OT - Deezo about our significant others >>

...My lady is like "At least they didn't take your stereo." (Thanks Nikki)...
The similarities don't seem to end. My GFs English name is Niki...both from Cali. Does your lady like Hondas too? Mine's always ranking on Nissans...talking about how great Honda/Acuras and VWs are...
Old 05-24-2002, 09:33 AM

On Topic post: Deezo,I agree with Clee130 >>

Locking in the lamps would just **** them off. A freind of mine had some nice BBS rims on his TransAm, the thief/thieves loosened four of the lugs, THEN noticed the McGard locknuts. Enraged, they smashed the rear and side windows, kicked four dents into the door (we could still see the muddy footprints) and took the their lugwrench and smashed on top of the roof a few times.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:09 AM

Clee and Albertt are right

Yeah, I've said it quite a few times when people ask whether they should secure their clear corners or not. What would you rather have to pay, $50 or less for new diamond cuts, or a lot more for damaged bumper, plus any paint damage as clee suggested they might key the car? I'm sure any sane person would say just the $50 bucks, because if a thief is in the situation that they are willing to steal something and not care about the car, they're not going to give up if they can't pull it out easily. They're just gonna get ****ed and start beating dents into the car, bashing windows, ripping apart stuff, just to get even. Just my $.02, because I agree with Clee and Albertt
Old 05-24-2002, 11:26 AM

Re: Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

And I see my clear reflector laying on the ground this morning. My first reaction is to get ****ed because someone was stupid enough to touch my car. Then I thought, "They stole a freakin wedge bulb, a $.02 wedge bulb." My lady is like "At least they didn't take your stereo." (Thanks Nikki)

This is why, I'm not doing any physical mods to the Max because I'm going to have BIG fit if I catch someone touching my car. Freakin Ghetto people!!!!!
What kinda of f*ckin moron would spend the time to remove clear corners from the vehicle to remove the cheap wedge bulbs? Real genius we have there, must have studied economics at Harvard.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:33 AM

Re: Re: Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

What kinda of f*ckin moron would spend the time to remove clear corners from the vehicle to remove the cheap wedge bulbs? Real genius we have there, must have studied economics at Harvard.
it doesn't take much time to get at the wedge bulb...all you do is stick a screwdriver or something in between the lenses and pop, it's out

but if they were smart, they woulda put the lense back in, and you would never know that the bulb was missing until you checked later on thinking it went dead
Old 05-24-2002, 11:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

Originally posted by 97BlackMax

it doesn't take much time to get at the wedge bulb...all you do is stick a screwdriver or something in between the lenses and pop, it's out

but if they were smart, they woulda put the lense back in, and you would never know that the bulb was missing until you checked later on thinking it went dead
Probably took the idiot 5 minutes to steal those bulbs.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:35 AM

you know what i was thinking though? maybe he was getting at taking the whole clear lense set, but when he was pullin out the bulb, something interrupted him and he ran off, with just the bulb in hand..so maybe you got lucky?
Old 05-24-2002, 12:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thief steals wedge bulb from my clear corners

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

Probably took the idiot 5 minutes to steal those bulbs.
Here's what is really stupid though, the fool only took the right side and left my reflector laying on the ground. Probably was a crackhead.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:22 PM

Re: OT - Deezo about our significant others >>

Originally posted by Albertt

The similarities don't seem to end. My GFs English name is Niki...both from Cali. Does your lady like Hondas too?
She has a 97 Honda Accord 5 speed and she tried to rag on my car one day but I kept reminding her about the time slaughtered her car from a 20 mph roll and kept slowing down so she could catch up.

She didn't like that.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:22 PM

lol!!! "this clear bulb will buy me some more crack!"
Old 05-24-2002, 01:01 PM

Re: Re: OT - Deezo about our significant others >>

She has a 97 Honda Accord 5 speed and she tried to rag on my car one day but I kept reminding her about the time slaughtered her car from a 20 mph roll and kept slowing down so she could catch up.

She didn't like that.
Ahhh, you're lucky. Niki has a '01 Golf 1.8T...she keeps saying that even though I may be able to outrun her now, alls she has to do is get the Stage1 APR chip and she'd spank me.