General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

frequent posts about integras vs max- new run

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 06:36 PM

frequent posts about integras vs max- new run

i see a lot of people ask specifically about the integra GSR vs maxima. let's clear it up.
my friend has a '00 5 speed GSR and i have a 98 5 speed SE.
i ran him last year while i was stock. he had short ram intake and zigen catback. we were dead even up til about 3rd when he pulled.
i'm thinking vtec really kicked in with his mods in the high rpm, while my stock max was choking up. 2 runs, i lost both.
today i saw my friend again and made him do two roll starts with me.
he now has DC header on top of his old mods. i have a y pipe, pop charger and stillen rear section. roll start one: 2nd gear, i redlined and he was behind all ready. then i let him catch up and i can hear his engine working hard but im on the gas, off the gas, on the gas , off the gas, just PLAYING . i thought he wasnt trying , until..we did a roll start again from first gear. forget about it he took off first and i gunned it and it was absolute murder. i shifted to 3rd then 4th wayyyy premature and he didnt even catch up. i thought the header would give him a new power increase since those are good for hondas. but, i was so surprised. murder.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Since this thread is about Integra vs Max...

Can sombody tell me the 0-60MpH and 1/4mile times of a stock '99 Intergra LS 4dr auto? I am going to be racing soon and I want to put down a little $$$ to make things more interesting...
-Cyrus
Old 05-28-2002, 06:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Way to go! Those GSR's are nice cars. Another kill for the Max.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:49 PM

heh thanks man. kill.. it was a kill.. of the murder assortment.

cyrus i would jus go ahead and do it. if youre confident in the mods, ive done the ground work. spank that non vtec acura!
Old 05-28-2002, 06:51 PM

by the way, the 4 door ls has 140 horses i think. stock? man, do it! EASY money! i wish i put money on this one
Old 05-28-2002, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by sil SE
by the way, the 4 door ls has 140 horses i think. stock? man, do it! EASY money! i wish i put money on this one
That's what I thought but I was confused when he said it had a sunroof (I didn't know you could get a sunroofs in the LS trim). I'm hoping to make a Y-pipe off him...

And good to see you killed him this time sil SE. Shows you how much the mods really help. Don't forget it could also be that your shifting has improved in the mean time.
-Cyrus
Old 05-28-2002, 07:55 PM

the only thing i'd be scared about is one of my friends has a 92 integra LS 2 door that has a custom turbo setup on it... running about 13 flat in the quarter... and that's w/ no internals, running about 8 psi. just a head's up of what they can do if highly motified... but anything less than that would be a def. kill for us maximas

much respect,
mike

p.s. he has a sunroof on his LS...
Old 05-28-2002, 08:02 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

I took out a stock GS-R from 60 up to about 90 on the highway one day. It was pretty close though, only 1-2 cars. I'm completely stock performance wise and I myself am pretty heavy (270lb)

3rd gear I love you

Old 05-28-2002, 08:47 PM

Yeah, those GSRs are quite impressive. I raced one a few weeks ago. I think the GSR was stock. We only took it up to about 60mph on the street before a big bump came up, so we both didn't want to go flying. I only got him by one car length. I have a '96 auto w/ypipe, cai, rt cat, and vb mod. Also, I forgot to shut off my A/C, it was on the low setting though. I didn't know we were going to race. He had his windows down. I think if we have kept on going, he probably would have reeled me in because of its better high end. That guy can really drive, I heard him chirped second gear hard. I'm not completely sure if the guy was stock, it looked stock. Only thing I could tell was it's dropped.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:17 PM
STFU n00b!

http://www.car-stats.com/

check it out. '00 GSR runs 15.7, according to them.

from the ones I've run, I'd agree with that.. modded is a completely different story. I've run across dog-slow ones with huge rims and exhaust to stock-looking ones that run low 13s off the bottle.. gotta be careful.
Old 05-29-2002, 06:52 AM

yup every one of you are right , those vtec honda trash are not bad machines. man when i was stock that thing was unbeatable.
yup vyrus, the mods are killer. i hope you make a y pipe off that dude cuz youll love it!
i think my shifting hard has improved since last time but as i said, before even maxing out 2nd gear, i went to 3rd to 4th within 3 seconds
he had NO chance
did i mention his gf was in his car? man she a little thing though. with 10 more of her his car still be lighter than mine
Old 05-29-2002, 07:31 AM

they have excellent power to weight ratio

I raced TWO at the same time a few weeks ago it was fun hehe

I was coming down one of my local streets, and saw a fixed up GSR with a body kit and other visible mods. Well I decided to harass him and pulled up next to him, downshifted and he took the bait, followed me into a right turn onto a long wide street. Well lo and behold as I come out of the turn with this GSR on my back, I pull up next to another fixed up GSR. Well it's on now, I just sat there and revved on them, the one on my left took off, and the one on my right did too. I decided to let them get a bit of a head start so I wait till they get about 3 cars on me, then I downshift to 3rd at about 60mph. By the end of third I was 3 cars ahead of the one on my left and about 6 cars ahead of the one on my right. 4th gear and it was over, I left them both in the dust they became tiny blue lights in my rearview at about 110.

All in all it was quite fun and they put up a good fight. Always nice to have a good run with some good drivers. No ricer flybys or anything. Both cars were heavily modified but not particularly rice.
I would take a GSR over an RSX anyday.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:43 AM

i would also take a gsr over rsx. i'd rather rice out a gsr and make it a fake TYPE R than do the same to an rsx! j/k
chinkzilla you sure those werent ricers with all show no go? either way you crop dusted them
Old 05-29-2002, 08:09 AM

Nothing indicated to me that they were "ricers" they didn't do anything stupid, annoying, or dangerous, and were both good drivers.

They both had nice cars, yeah they were fixed up in your usual "import tuner" style if that's what you mean. I could see/hear an exhaust and intake on both. No crazy 6' wings and such.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:11 AM
bjyang

i believe the 94-95 teg gsr at 170 horses while the 96+ are at 160!!
im not quite sure but im positive about the 94-95!!

Old 05-29-2002, 09:13 AM

yeah chnkzilla- i have this tendency to discriminate against all hondas with exterior mods . every single one of them, from a little girl with altezzas on her civic to a hard lookin kid with rims on his teg and a big fart can. but now, im not going to judge unless they got a big aluminum wing on a civic.

the newer gsr puts out 180 at crank or so doesnt it? i forget the numbers
Old 05-29-2002, 09:38 AM
I'm so hood

I thought the 3rd-gen GSRs were all at 170hp. Could be wrong. Not a bad ride for a performance kinda car, but imo, they really lost their style appeal from the 2nd gen to the 3rd gen. I used to own a G2 LS, 130hp/120s ft/lbs...fun car for handling, but no low end whatsoever.

After driving the max, I'd need more low-end than any integ could offer. The GSR is a good car to run if you're into high-end modding though.

RSXs? Pleh. If the spirit of the integra wasn't dead after the 2nd gen, it *definitely* is now. Kinda sad to me, an old integra fan.

The max should be able to at least run right with a GSR stock vs. stock, manual vs. manual. Auto max's would probably get walked on, but then again, aren't those automatic maximas made specifically for grocery store/church runs?
Old 05-29-2002, 09:43 AM
SLOW

Every GSR ever made has had 170 hp. Even the 92-93 models.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:50 AM
I'm so hood

Not that it's a big deal or anything, but the G2 GSRs did have 160hp/117ft/lbs. I forget exactly what accounted for the extra 10HP in the generation gap, but it was something very small.

http://www.g2ic.com/specs.html
Old 05-29-2002, 11:19 AM

Properly driven, GSR's can give most auto 4th gen's a run for its money. 5spd 4th Maxima's shouldn't have a problem with them though, depends on the driver. The guy I raced knew what he was doing, excellent driver. I have raced other not so good GSR drivers too and I just killed them bad. Too bad I have an auto though.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:32 AM

I work with a guy who has a slightly riced out GSR, unsure what year, late model though. It has basic intake, exhaust, Z3 fenders, looks a little ricey. I took him for a ride in my 2K1 and he couldn't believe the power it had, mainly the seat of the pants feeling of torque. Now he won't try an mess with any maximas.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:46 AM
SLOW

Originally posted by blizz20oma
Not that it's a big deal or anything, but the G2 GSRs did have 160hp/117ft/lbs. I forget exactly what accounted for the extra 10HP in the generation gap, but it was something very small.

http://www.g2ic.com/specs.html
Ouch, brainfart. You are correct. The DA GSR had B17A, 1.7L. The DC GSR has B18C1, 1.8L and dual intake runners. That's where the extra HP and TQ came from.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:23 PM

Originally posted by Matticus
I work with a guy who has a slightly riced out GSR, unsure what year, late model though. It has basic intake, exhaust, Z3 fenders, looks a little ricey. I took him for a ride in my 2K1 and he couldn't believe the power it had, mainly the seat of the pants feeling of torque. Now he won't try an mess with any maximas.
yup you can tell the torque is just where we get em most of the time. its jus raw power that a gsr lacks. not that its not a fast fun car but i heard my friends engine revving mad crazy and vtec kicking in and all that extra noise but max was jus chuggin along too strong.
thats why i dislike ricey hondas- youll see a pack of cars on the road, and everyones movin along but the one car where all the noise is coming from (riceboy) is going slower than the rest