General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Does anyone have Excelon Orb strobes?...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 09:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Does anyone have Excelon Orb strobes?...

I just ordered the Excelon Orb Advance strobes off of Overboost.com, I hope they're actually better than the APC and Pilot ones. I have been through 4 sets of those and let me tell you they are junk! Not even worth $20 - the first set shorted in water, the next two only worked when they wanted too, and the fourth set will only flash on the right side! Anyways, the Excelons look better and they are U-strobes for a change (all the APCs and Pilots have been the normal 1" long poles), but if these suck I'm just going to order the real Whelens from krazyd. Anyways has anyone had any experience with these? Or any experience with Excelon for that matter?
Thanks,
-Cyrus
Old 05-30-2002, 09:24 AM

Here's a pic...

-Cyrus
Old 05-30-2002, 09:46 AM
Got Projectors?

Honestly, I've never used those strobes before. I have, however, had good luck with Street Glow strobes. Those are meant to be used inside the vehicle, but I found that as long as you sealed them up real well with silicone on any opening or edges (places where water could get in) they would last. You may want to try it on these if they don't look adequately weatherproofed.

John
Old 05-30-2002, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by MetaOrbit
Honestly, I've never used those strobes before. I have, however, had good luck with Street Glow strobes. Those are meant to be used inside the vehicle, but I found that as long as you sealed them up real well with silicone on any opening or edges (places where water could get in) they would last. You may want to try it on these if they don't look adequately weatherproofed.

John
But aren't those too big to fit in the corner light housing?
Thanks,
-Cyrus
Old 05-30-2002, 11:30 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by Vyrus

But aren't those too big to fit in the corner light housing?
Thanks,
-Cyrus

Ahh, I didn't realize where you were using them. I was speaking of the large rectangular shaped SG strobes. They do, however, make headlight strobe kits that can be inserted into ANY light housing. Lots of people on the forum at http://www.streetglow.com have them and love them. I've never personally used them myself, but I believe Street Glow carries a lifetime warranty on most of the products they sell. I'd check em out if you ever get anymore - but don't order from their website - order from a dealer or another website (much CHEAPER).

John