General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Are there any 13 second maxima's here without...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 10:30 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Nealoc187

That sucks, he is on DR's right? I think I remember you saying that. What sort of 60' times is he pulling with them? Is he having some other car problems that are slowing him down or was the 14.28 just a freak of nature run?
He had the perfect day for that 14.2. November...cold (like 40ish), no humidity, sticky track (at the end of the season the track is MUCH better than at the beginning) and no seat.

He says he got a 2.0 60' once this year with the DR's. My best is a 2.12X. We're both noticing lower trap speeds than expected. I'm going to try this week with my street tires for a few runs to see if I trap higher or get better times.

We're both running consistant 14.5's. Its usually a good race between the two of us.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:39 AM
SLOW

Originally posted by ejj5875

He had the perfect day for that 14.2. November...cold (like 40ish), no humidity, sticky track (at the end of the season the track is MUCH better than at the beginning) and no seat.

He says he got a 2.0 60' once this year with the DR's. My best is a 2.12X. We're both noticing lower trap speeds than expected. I'm going to try this week with my street tires for a few runs to see if I trap higher or get better times.

We're both running consistant 14.5's. Its usually a good race between the two of us.

How low are your lower than expected trap speeds?
Old 06-10-2002, 10:46 AM
ejj

Originally posted by Nealoc187

How low are your lower than expected trap speeds?
92-94mph with a 95 here and there.

Last year (in the 97) I would hit 96 pretty easy.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:00 AM
//M5'ver

Last year (in the 97) I would hit 96 pretty easy.

Old 06-10-2002, 11:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by gtr_rider

What could aaron do on slicks!?
He could do damage. I know a lot of you are fast NA but Aaron and his Max gets mad props from me. Let's see what he can do with his new intake.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:19 PM

What if a A/T N/A was able to pull a 13.xx, how about that ?

Old 06-10-2002, 01:26 PM
ejj

Originally posted by Chimp Dj
We'd ask for proof
Old 06-10-2002, 01:28 PM
//M5'ver

then i would say you need to stop playing with that toy in your sig

Old 06-10-2002, 01:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

We'd ask for proof
Ya me too, I sure would like to see it though. I think that the faster times you get ie into the 13's the closer the gap between the auto and manual and eventually I think the auto is faster. That is because I have one though and with enough money anything can be fast.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by Turbo97GXE
then i would say you need to stop playing with that toy in your sig
I'd say prove to us you are turbocharged or is it a "future" mod ?

ejj5875, yeah go figure...Just throwing something into the mix.

Jime, thought your car was 5spd up to this post and reading B&M Tranny Cooler...Congrats.

Old 06-10-2002, 02:08 PM
//M5'ver

I'd say prove to us you are turbocharged or is it a "future" mod ?

ejj5875, yeah go figure...Just throwing something into the mix.

Jime, thought your car was 5spd up to this post and reading B&M Tranny Cooler...Congrats.

i don't have to prove ****.. if you can have stereo dude and a couple other saps on the site believing you have turbo charged every nissan car on the planet.. why can't i do the same for my maxima.. the way i look at it.. i am not even 1/10th of your skils

Old 06-10-2002, 02:28 PM

i don't have to prove ****.. if you can have stereo dude and a couple other saps on the site believing you have turbo charged every nissan car on the planet.. why can't i do the same for my maxima.. the way i look at it.. i am not even 1/10th of your skils
Why is it hard to believe ? I have all the connections and means to have it done...I'm flooding ebay w/ SR20DETs, JDM RHD ITR + Prelude Front Clip, have an RB26DETT sitting in my warehouse, obtained an entire UK VQ30DE, and working on a VG30ET for someone along w/ 300ZX brake "kit." If you would like the links I'll provide them for your enjoyment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1834819368
ITR JDM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1834823837
SR20DET Full Harness + ECU

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1834830491
Prelude JDM

[img]ftp://members.aol.com/yoitsok/images/RBWhat.jpg[/img]
[img]ftp://members.aol.com/yoitsok/images/RBWho.jpg[/img]

So what you got ? Anything ? I back up anything I say here NOW.

So prove me wrong...prove me wrong...prove to me I'm a Dyck and You're NOT. Show me some shyt, I've proved it on the street to alot of .org members on what my car is capable of.

-Yo its Ok, To Be 0wned...F00l.

Old 06-10-2002, 02:38 PM

I thought you had TwinTurbo Anywayyyyy, If I was to get a 14.2 with an automatic as someone said. What would it take to get that? I know you would probably need a super tranny and best launching possible, not counting every NA mod possible...
Old 06-10-2002, 02:51 PM

I thought you had TwinTurbo Anywayyyyy, If I was to get a 14.2 with an automatic as someone said. What would it take to get that? I know you would probably need a super tranny and best launching possible, not counting every NA mod possible...
Another Homo-Thug who claims boost ?

:golf clap:

Old 06-10-2002, 02:56 PM
I'm needing a caw

Haha. That was someone else 97gxe has only been under that name for a few weeks. You did search all the posts under is SN right?

Old 06-10-2002, 03:40 PM

I'm a sap because I believe him? Please... When I need a hookup at Nissan Corporate to get Nissan's attention I didn't see you coming through and providing me with any a name and a phone number.

Guess who did. Oh, but that's right he makes it all up. He doesn't really have any connections at Nissan. He just happened to pull a phone number and name out of thin air and it just happened to be somone at Corporate. Guess he's just one lucky ****. Maybe I should ask him for tonights lotto picks.

Stereodude
Old 06-10-2002, 05:59 PM
//M5'ver

I can sell fish at a fish market.. doesn't mean i own a 50 ft yatch..

provide me pictures of these cars you owned.. show me time slips of the maxima that you had that ran 11's.. and the other maxima you had that ran 12's..funny .. no one you know in NYC has ever seen any of those cars.. show me the pic of your white 2k2 that you crashed a couple days after someone call you out on it.. its also funny anytime someone wants proof these cars dissapear.. you have lost more maxima's than hair on my.. ok well. this a family show.. i will leave that alone..

he guess what.. did i tell you about the Turbo 2000 G20T i own? let me show you some pics.. something you havn't

Why is it hard to believe ? I have all the connections and means to have it done...I'm flooding ebay w/ SR20DETs, JDM RHD ITR + Prelude Front Clip, have an RB26DETT sitting in my warehouse, obtained an entire UK VQ30DE, and working on a VG30ET for someone along w/ 300ZX brake "kit." If you would like the links I'll provide them for your enjoyment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1834819368
ITR JDM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1834823837
SR20DET Full Harness + ECU

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1834830491
Prelude JDM

[img]dumbpicnoncaresaboutwashere[/mg]
[img]anotherdumbpicnoncaresaboutwashere[/mg]

So what you got ? Anything ? I back up anything I say here NOW.

So prove me wrong...prove me wrong...prove to me I'm a Dyck and You're NOT. Show me some shyt, I've proved it on the street to alot of .org members on what my car is capable of.

-Yo its Ok, To Be 0wned...F00l.

Old 06-10-2002, 06:23 PM
2K1HoMax

not every NA mod possible, w/o any engine work, just bolt ons and some other tweaks, not anywere to the extreme the chimps gone to ive gotten into the low 15's with my auto, but i give chimps max props, hes really got it haulin some major @$$. especially for an auto. im still waitin for ur little magic box to arrive by the end of july chimp. all i need now is a damn dyno like 2blocks away since im gonna be there all day. and for some reason i wont be surprized if chimp hits the 13's. im still debating if i shoulf balance out and knife edge a 300zx crank and throw it in the max temporarly. isnt the bore and stroke supposivley diff from the 5th gen and 4th gen max. the bore is thinner on the 4th gen but with longer stoke, and the 5th the stroke is shorter and larger bore from what ive hear or read. will that crank fit or should i just get rid of it? any comments??

Old 06-10-2002, 06:30 PM

Nice Swap, notice the Distributor ? It's a SR20DE, it's not even Turbo...Homo Thug...real great...malaka...skata... :golf clap:

How about some pics of your "Turbo 97 GXE."

No one's seen the Max ? Assumptions ? If you reply back, you get to see me, as I built my car w/pics to prove it, but only reply back if you can send me some pics of your turbo maxima. That's my condition to you. Sent you the email, so your reply should have a ZIP file showing some pics of your car, Toylet and JoesMax can verify my Turbo Maxima, easily since they have the ZIP files.

Time slips, I've got em in the ZIP File, and no they weren't pulled off some internet site, heck if you live in NY I invite you out for one night, and I'll show you time slips from LI MotorsportsPark. those that have been to LI MotorsportsPark, know exactly what the slips look like, and can easily verify that it is the real thing. No other Drag Strip uses the "format" that LI MotorsportsPark does.

My Police Accident Report w/Nassau County is available to me anytime, my insurance company(Statefarm) has pictures too if you need verification, I can even give you a VIN # and you can check on CARFAX.com and find its TITLE OF DESTRUCTION.

Before you start a FLAME WAR w/ ME, Know ME WELL.

Stereodude, thanks for backing me on this one. Next time warn me, before Jenn tries to bite my head off.

-Peace

Old 06-10-2002, 06:39 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by deezo
He could do damage. I know a lot of you are fast NA but Aaron and his Max gets mad props from me. Let's see what he can do with his new intake.
And lets see what YOU can do with yours
Old 06-10-2002, 06:42 PM

Nice Swap, notice the Distributor ? It's a SR20DE, it's not even Turbo...Homo Thug...real great...malaka...skata... :golf clap:

No one's seen the Max ? Assumptions ? If you reply back, you get to see me, as I built my car w/pics to prove it, but only reply back if you can send me some pics of your turbo maxima. That's my condition to you. Sent you the email, so your reply should have a ZIP file showing some pics of your car, Toylet and JoesMax can verify my Turbo Maxima, easily since they have the ZIP files.

Time slips, I've got em in the ZIP File, and no they weren't pulled off some internet site, heck if you live in NY I invite you out for one night, and I'll show you time slips from LI MotorsportsPark. those that have been to LI MotorsportsPark, know exactly what the slips look like, and can easily verify that it is the real thing. No other Drag Strip uses the "format" that LI MotorsportsPark does.

My Police Accident Report w/Nassau County is available to me anytime, my insurance company(Statefarm) has pictures too if you need verification, I can even give you a VIN # and you can check on CARFAX.com and find its TITLE OF DESTRUCTION.

Stereodude, thanks for backing me on this one. Next time warn me, before Jenn tries to bite my head off.

-Peace
hey chimp, how would you like to send me some pics of your cars? i'm not interested in replicating..just drooling. madmax024@aol.com beakmoney on IM.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:48 PM
2K1HoMax

Originally posted by MaDMaX024

hey chimp, how would you like to send me some pics of your cars? i'm not interested in replicating..just drooling. madmax024@aol.com beakmoney on IM.
yeah if its not too much trouble hook me up with the pics as well just interested in drooling like stated above be madmax. if its not too much trouble that is. the address it rellik818@aol.com thanx

Old 06-10-2002, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax

not every NA mod possible, w/o any engine work, just bolt ons and some other tweaks, not anywere to the extreme the chimps gone to ive gotten into the low 15's with my auto, but i give chimps max props, hes really got it haulin some major @$$. especially for an auto. im still waitin for ur little magic box to arrive by the end of july chimp. all i need now is a damn dyno like 2blocks away since im gonna be there all day. and for some reason i wont be surprized if chimp hits the 13's. im still debating if i shoulf balance out and knife edge a 300zx crank and throw it in the max temporarly. isnt the bore and stroke supposivley diff from the 5th gen and 4th gen max. the bore is thinner on the 4th gen but with longer stoke, and the 5th the stroke is shorter and larger bore from what ive hear or read. will that crank fit or should i just get rid of it? any comments??
What in Gods name you talking about a 300Z crank for ? VQ crank is almost perfect...some are perfect.

I hate to do this, but A MEMBER of The .org and I have raced from 55-120, and I beat him. 45-120 I beat him. 30mph - 130mph I beat him.(Rba in car.)From a Dead Start I beat him. He runs 14.9x w/ STS, Intake, Exhaust No Y-Pipe. I killed him from 100-140, literally walking him. I don't like to blow up spots, but just in case, I KNOW my CAR runs 14s. I've hurt alot of 2K2 egos as well, but yet to run a proven low 14s 2K2. I have just a Cone Filter + Factory Y-Pipe, but Mid Pipe is all 2.5" SS to a stock muffler. Transmission is a full rebuild from FB Transmissions, which consists of a Pro Torque TC, and ceramic friction plates, a custom VB which Max420 has been in my car and felt. I do have "shift control" which allows me to manually shift, the biggest improvement was found in my Prototype A33 BCRS ECU. This is the one thing that made more difference in my motor than anything else. I made my car work as a system, not just slap on parts, and have the ECU adjust to different air flow, which when it boils down to it are all voltage signals compared to a "map." Custom tailoring this "map" to its optimum for what MODS your car has, it has opened the door for me to put many 5spd + VQ35DE Powered Nissan Sedans to Shame.
During this weekend another .org member even got to understand, how much of a difference my car made w/ ECU. A few other 5spds did learn a lesson that night as well. I won't mention names, but those members would be willing to back me up on what was just spoken. An old video shows me losing to a 5spd, but if I am hauling on him, now, and he has proven to run 14.9x

Old 06-10-2002, 06:54 PM
2K1HoMax

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chimp Dj
[B]

What in Gods name you talking about a 300Z crank for ? VQ crank is almost perfect...some are perfect.

well i dont know that, i just thought that since the 300zx was equipped with turbos the bottom end would be stronger the the reg VQ crank. so ur sayin dont even bother touchin the carnk or should i get it razor edged. not gonna happen til the end of summer even if it does happen. just tryin to improve upon what in the car at the time.
ur the guy with the motor skills so u tel me? thats just my guess.

Old 06-10-2002, 06:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2K1HoMax
[B]

well i dont know that, i just thought that since the 300zx was equipped with turbos the bottom end would be stronger the the reg VQ crank. so ur sayin dont even bother touchin the carnk or should i get it razor edged. not gonna happen til the end of summer even if it does happen. just tryin to improve upon what in the car at the time.
ur the guy with the motor skills so u tel me? thats just my guess.
No VG crank will work in a VQ block. Thats what Im saying. The factory does everything to almost make them perfect. Some from the factory were perfect. Just leave them alone, and concentrate on low comp pistons, and heads.

Old 06-10-2002, 07:08 PM
//M5'ver

thanks for proving to me you don't know **** ask deac and delio if the car doesn't have a SR20DET... the zip file.. the zip file.. produce the zip file then.. lets see it..

turbo97gxe@snet.net

-Peace

Old 06-10-2002, 07:17 PM

thanks for proving to me you don't know **** ask deac and delio if the car doesn't have a SR20DET... the zip file.. the zip file.. produce the zip file then.. lets see it..

turbo97gxe@snet.net

Show me a Turbo 97 GXE and the pics are all yours....

BTW I can give a **** about Del or Donovan knowing your car has a SR20DET...

See Distributor ? No SR20DET from a Sunny GTiR had a Distributor.

SO PROVE TO ME I DUNNO MY **** ????

WHO U TRYING TO FOOL ? YOURSELF ?

2K1HoMax and MaDMaX024, got the ZIP files, so your move now.

Old 06-10-2002, 07:31 PM
2K1HoMax

yeah i got it alright, and thats deffinetly a max motor....btw nice setup chimp

Old 06-10-2002, 07:39 PM

i have a zip file, i'd like to see the other, but its not imperitive..also, i'd like to see more pics of that motor if possible.
now..i need to allocate some funds and give you my car so you can work some magic.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax

yeah i got it alright, and thats deffinetly a max motor....btw nice setup chimp
Thanks, and its not Unclemax's set up, since I used the DET intake manifold...yeah, one thing to distinguish my motor from anyone elses.

Old 06-10-2002, 08:46 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

but yet to run a proven low 14s 2K2
when you want to go
Old 06-10-2002, 09:31 PM

this may be a stupid question and judging from all of the whoring i seen in this thread ill probably get a smart remark answer...but to those guys that are in the 14.4 and under range could i get a mod run down how many miles on the engine etc...i have the simple bolt ons y pipe intake etc but im looking for some more power to hopefully get into the 14.4's.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by ODDJoB
this may be a stupid question and judging from all of the whoring i seen in this thread ill probably get a smart remark answer...but to those guys that are in the 14.4 and under range could i get a mod run down how many miles on the engine etc...i have the simple bolt ons y pipe intake etc but im looking for some more power to hopefully get into the 14.4's.
got a CF hood?
Old 06-10-2002, 09:49 PM

malik i told you i want yours if he backs out man but im not to sure on paying 595 for a dg thats some major cash..but i got a little bit of cash up my sleeve if things dont work out with the buyer of your hood
Old 06-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Former Sponsor

malik i told you i want yours if he backs out man but im not to sure on paying 595 for a dg thats some major cash..but i got a little bit of cash up my sleeve if things dont work out with the buyer of your hood
Frankie just cant go w/o my hood
Old 06-11-2002, 12:18 AM
SLOW

I've got 128K miles on the clock. Had about 120K when I ran my first 14.4.
Old 06-11-2002, 04:12 AM

turbo97gxe@snet.net

Old 06-11-2002, 04:14 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Haha. That was someone else 97gxe has only been under that name for a few weeks. You did search all the posts under is SN right?

Nope...
Old 06-11-2002, 09:29 AM

i ran 14.3's when my engine was at late 27,000 mi range and just recently when i had 32,000 mi. however, theblue ran a 14.2 and he has a lot of miles on his engine (70-80k+ if i remember correctly.) my mods are as stated below. the stock catback exhaust was still on the car when i ran 14.3s. i launch holding the rpms to 1,500rpm, redline 1st gear, 6,200rpm shift from 2nd to 3rd. also, my tank is usually below 1/4 full, no passenger seats, no spare/jack and trunk lining. it takes 10 mins to set the car up for race. tires are deflated to 15.5-16.5psi depending on outdoor temp. just make sure you get a good launch and shift as quickly and smoothly as possible.