General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Raced a WRX turbo!!!he got smoked, by my ugly max on stock hubcaps

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 11:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Raced a WRX turbo!!!he got smoked, by my ugly max on stock hubcaps

Today I was getting on the highway and this WRX is behind me but traffic was kind of heavy I get on on lane he gets on the other, then he decides to cut me off I was like is on now, so I followed and the looser got off by Cumalots exit. Coinsedence we both are at the light w/a 18 wheeler in between us, so light turns green I roll then he punches he puts a car length on me instantly, I shift to second quick and reeled him in third very fast he was not in front of me more then 2 secs, and too bad light turned green I would have loved to put some car lengths on him, as I pass him I wave at him later and then thumbs up. I am sure he was very pist off!!!

Those things are very quick they will put a car length on you instantly!!!but by the end of second gear is over lets not say third youll see them in your rear view mirror.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:54 AM

Very Nice, are you supercharged?
Old 06-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yes he does, i wish i had one
Old 06-10-2002, 12:06 PM

Not exactly fair, a SCed 5spd Maxima vs. a stock WRX.

If you race him on the highway, I think you will smoke him even worse. From what I heard, WRX's(stock or close to stock ones anyway)don't fair too well on the highway. On the street is where they do best.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:07 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I finally raced one last night. He had two passengers in the car with him. He cruised by and cutted in front of me. He flashed his hazards to signal that he wanted a piece. LOL. We cruised another mile and we happend to exit off the same exit. There were less traffic on the secondary streets. I believe it was mildly moded. I heard a pretty loud BOV and he has an AEM license plate frame. I assume he has an AEM intake. No exhaust so he might still be running stock boost. They do put a quick jump on you soon as they downshift. We did few good runs from a 45mph roll. Still no match for my instant 100hp boost. I purged right before we started. His buddies were going crazy. They thought it was just another regular maxima that they could pick on easily.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
I finally raced one last night. He had two passengers in the car with him. He cruised by and cutted in front of me. He flashed his hazards to signal that he wanted a piece. LOL. We cruised another mile and we happend to exit off the same exit. There were less traffic on there secondary streets. I believe it was mildly moded. I heard a pretty loud BOV and he has an AEM license plate frame. I assume he has an AEM intake. No exhaust so he might still be running stock boost. They do put a quick jump on you soon as they downshift. We did few good runs from a 45mph roll. Still no match for my instant 100hp boost. I purged right before we started. His buddies where going crazy. They thought it was just another regular maxima that they could pick on easily.

now that i would have loved to see tony...BTW...i'll see you at HIN
Old 06-10-2002, 01:40 PM

Yes I am supercharged with a stock Ypipe and stock 205/60 15 hubcaps and no lip my car looks very ugly now but I love it looks very slow as well, but I just love how fast my car really gets up. I prefer to race from a roll preferably at the end of second going into third gear, Ill easily spin first and second no grip. Mike you said is not fair, I was on the left lane and he cut me off and sped off very quick and I followed so he started. He also punched it first so I was at the end of second gear when he punched it. From a dead stop, at the redlight if he would have punched it then he would have put at least 4 car lengths on me instantly I have no grip I would had sat there and spun away, so I will admit from a dead stop and no grip I would have gotten smoked.

Yesterday me and Jeff REDMAX007, got on the I-90 looking for someone to mess with but no V8's we did see a new vette but it didnt get on the highway.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:18 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally posted by JAY25
...stock 205/60 15 hubcaps...
so I will admit from a dead stop and no grip I would have gotten smoked.
All I can say... 245s!
Old 06-10-2002, 03:43 PM

qUOTE]Originally posted by Chunger

All I can say... 245s!
[/QUOTE]

Minus $4900.00 in crdit card bills I wont see 245 again for a while. I am not even the drag strip guy, Maybe Kev is the same way if you go to the track you may walk away disappointed. I am blaming it on traction and my non driving azzzz.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:23 PM

Tony: When you raced the WRX, just left it in Drive right? Do you even mess with OD on/off? I still don't know if that makes any difference.

Jaime: come on you know I'm kidding about the not being fair part. If someone cut me off, I would do the same. I wouldn't care if it's a Geo Metro. Btw, Cattman still haven't send the ypipe back to you yet? I thought you had your ypipe back. If you raced at the track last Saturday, I think you would have been disappointed. A good ypipe makes a big difference IMO, especially since you're SCed.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

on the freeway my experience is that WRXs are easy to take

their gearing is very short and they start dying out at 80+
Old 06-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

try that on NYC roads

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
I finally raced one last night. He had two passengers in the car with him. He cruised by and cutted in front of me. He flashed his hazards to signal that he wanted a piece. LOL. We cruised another mile and we happend to exit off the same exit. There were less traffic on the secondary streets. I believe it was mildly moded. I heard a pretty loud BOV and he has an AEM license plate frame. I assume he has an AEM intake. No exhaust so he might still be running stock boost. They do put a quick jump on you soon as they downshift. We did few good runs from a 45mph roll. Still no match for my instant 100hp boost. I purged right before we started. His buddies where going crazy. They thought it was just another regular maxima that they could pick on easily.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:57 PM

are you going to get rims for the car again?
Old 06-10-2002, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by costcowholesale
are you going to get rims for the car again?
Yeah I am getting some rims my sister was suppose to charge them but my wife loves me alot she decided forget my sister shes going to get them for me she says she feels sorry for me driving around on Hubcaps, but in the mean time I am loving it. I may get 18's again, SSR's ????, dont know which ones, I been looking at the GT1's but the SSRs would be easier to clean. so 16.1+28lb tire=44.1Lbs, I am getting 245's again, and I just love Nittos they last a long time, but then again I have Mardigrasmax words in my head youll enjoy the performance and looks of a 17inch wheels. But the Volks cost alot of cash!!!!

Cumalot man Lori at Cattman told me 10days ago your Ypipe is on the way and boy was I happy but no Ypipe and here it is Monday. I will put it on as soon as I get it to make sure it fits. Mike guess what some kid just emailed talking about he bought a V2 and he lives in atlanta Yippy another V2 owner.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:50 PM

Yes I am supercharged with a stock Ypipe and stock 205/60 15 hubcaps and no lip my car looks very ugly now but I love it looks very slow as well, but I just love how fast my car really gets up.

i love the sleeper look
Old 06-10-2002, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Mike guess what some kid just emailed talking about he bought a V2 and he lives in atlanta Yippy another V2 owner.
does he have a green '95 SE? witha V2?
Old 06-10-2002, 07:53 PM

I usually take it off O/D and leave it in drive. From my experience the auto kicks down to a lower gear when you are off O/D. I did however forget to turn my A/C off.

Originally posted by Cumalot
Tony: When you raced the WRX, just left it in Drive right? Do you even mess with OD on/off? I still don't know if that makes any difference.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:56 PM

I would never even think of racing someone on NYC roads. I would be too busy dodging pot holes. I think I'm too spolied driving around northern VA roads. I don't see even 5% of bumps/pot holes as you. I can get away riding around in dubz.

Originally posted by Confused
try that on NYC roads

Old 06-10-2002, 08:00 PM
//M5'ver

whats redmax doing down south?

Old 06-10-2002, 08:04 PM

Originally posted by carnal_c30

I dont know I reread his email he has an I30, I have no clue who he is.

Redmaxpa007 hes here in school, I did not see him today at all. I ll probably run into him tomorrow since his car is on base.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by carnal_c30

I dont know I reread his email he has an I30, I have no clue who he is.

Redmaxpa007 hes here in school, I did not see him today at all. I ll probably run into him tomorrow since his car is on base.

DJplayboy my car looks so wraggly is just sad, a max with no lip trust me a ugly look. But I do have the extra lip in one of my rooms.

1max2nv I would not race where theres alot of potholes either not even worth it, dodging one of those holes or bumps and you may just loose control.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:34 PM

DJplayboy my car looks so wraggly is just sad, a max with no lip trust me a ugly look. But I do have the extra lip in one of my rooms.
didnt i see you on I-59 sat in miss... you and cumalot i think, cumalot i love your headlights
.... im sure yall loved seing my 5th gen with a missing front side marker it came off the car friday night after work
Old 06-10-2002, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by djPlayboy

didnt i see you on I-59 sat in miss... you and cumalot i think, cumalot i love your headlights
.... im sure yall loved seing my 5th gen with a missing front side marker it came off the car friday night after work
That was me and Maximapower. I thought it was a .org member. Me and Maximapower left a bit earlier than Jaime and Matt. I have the Hanabi Purple HIDs, Jaime has them too. Hm...I didn't noticed your missing front sidemarker, I was busy checking to see if you were a .org member. You don't have the .org sticker right? I was looking for it.

Tony: sometimes when I race, I forget to turn off my AC too. It's usually on the lowest setting. You think that will affect the race? Most races you don't expect or not sure if the other want to race, so most of my races are just out of the blue and I would forget to turn off the AC almost all the time.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot

That was me and Maximapower. I thought it was a .org member. Me and Maximapower left a bit earlier than Jaime and Matt. I have the Hanabi Purple HIDs, Jaime has them too. Hm...I didn't noticed your missing front sidemarker, I was busy checking to see if you were a .org member. You don't have the .org sticker right? I was looking for it.
yeah the missing light is on the passenger side and me no gots .org sticker yet... have they updated the order page yet it still shows they only have silver and i dont think that silver will go with my white custommaxima.com sticker that came in the mail today
Old 06-10-2002, 10:10 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

In our last So Cal Track meet, Leftcoast SCHOOLED a WRX 5 speed, by a nice margin. So much for that Subaru Insect !