General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.
View Poll Results: Would you Help A Motorist On The Side Of The Road?
Yes, but only maxima owners
34.15%
Yes, any body who needed help
21.95%
No, Never
19.51%
Undecided
24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Would you help out a fellow maxima owner On the side of ther road

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 03:36 PM

Would you help out a fellow maxima owner On the side of ther road

Well the other day i was on the Long Island Expressway and i saw a white 3rd gen on the side of the road, with the hood open. i took and chance and since it was well over 97+ degrees, I thought too help. I pulled over and i asked the guy if he needed any help.. and if the car was runing. He told me it was running , at the same time i saw him pouring antifrezze into the resovior. Just a little hot and low on fluids.. The guy just ignored me and i said if he needed any help at all.. No response, so i got into my max and went on my way...

Now i know that there have been instances that there are many maximas on the side of the road, would you pull over to assist?

I guess its also about safety, and the unexpected. I guess if it was to happen again i would still help or try to help the owner.

my poll is simply would you assist a fellow maxima owner / motorist? and what are your impressions on this topic?
Old 07-05-2002, 04:24 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i've seen to many movies where people pretent to be broken down, and then they jack/stab/shoot you
Old 07-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I dont think it should matter what kind of car a person drives, but I usually don't stop for people unless I know them.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:28 PM

I doubt it since I don't really think I would able to help out but if it was hot girl I definitely would
Old 07-05-2002, 04:32 PM

I wouldn't. It doesn't matter if the owner drives, if I don't know him/her, forget it. You can't be too sure these days.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

if there was noone else around i prolly wouldn't cus i'd prolly get car jacked. but if there were some other people and i felt safe i would.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:24 PM

actually, only I30 owners
Old 07-05-2002, 07:50 PM

Its a tough call.
I've stopped to help people with flat tires, but only if I knew them, like coworkers, people who work in the building, ect.
I haven't seen that many Maximas broken down on the road. I broke down once, when my Intake became undone. Somebody stopped and asked if I needed help, but I told them no since I knew how to fix it. Once I had a flat in my gf's 240. the bolts were on too tight and I wasn't able to remove the bolts. If this trucker hadn't stopped to help, don't know what we would have done.
Old 07-05-2002, 08:01 PM

I did two years ago.
This lady hydroed in a bad thunderstorm on my way to school.
Her car landed in a ditch and her and her daughter were hurt.

I got out in the pouring rain with extra coats and umbrellas and helped them out of the ditch.
Called 911 and stayed until they were rushed off to the hospital.

It was a 2000 gxe.

I also ran across the interstate to get both of the hubcaps that flew off

I felt better about myself after helping out.
Old 07-05-2002, 08:07 PM
Former Sponsor

if I ever saw a broken down Maxi I would help but I honestly never have

I would help ut people but usually I'm in the fast lane so by the time I see em its too late
Old 07-05-2002, 08:24 PM

I helped a Maxima driver out. Dead battery, gave a jump.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Would you help out a fellow maxima owner On the side of ther road

Originally posted by crazy4maxima
Well the other day i was on the Long Island Expressway and i saw a white 3rd gen on the side of the road, with the hood open. i took and chance and since it was well over 97+ degrees, I thought too help. I pulled over and i asked the guy if he needed any help.. and if the car was runing. He told me it was running , at the same time i saw him pouring antifrezze into the resovior. Just a little hot and low on fluids.. The guy just ignored me and i said if he needed any help at all.. No response, so i got into my max and went on my way...

Now i know that there have been instances that there are many maximas on the side of the road, would you pull over to assist?

I guess its also about safety, and the unexpected. I guess if it was to happen again i would still help or try to help the owner.

my poll is simply would you assist a fellow maxima owner / motorist? and what are your impressions on this topic?
The only way I would help is to report it to the Highway Patrol or local law enforcement. Don't get me wrong; its not like I don't like to help people. I've helped in the past and received unpleasant responses. I didn't take it the wrong way because I understand they have to act defensive/"tough" to not seem vulnerable. These days people are not very receptive to assistance from strangers. You have to think from their perspective. Some people are taught to stay in their stranded car with the doors locked for personal safety and dont even roll window down if approached by strangers other than police or roadside assistance. So if I ever drive by someone with car troubles, I'll phone it in.

If I had to pull over to check my radiator and some guy pulls up behind me I'm going to reach over for my screwdriver if you know what I mean.

There are still some good people on the road. I borrowed a friend's car one day and it died out on me. I didn't have my cellphone at that time. 10 minutes later the Highway Patrol pulls up and the cop told me someone phoned in my location.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:20 AM

I just call 911 on my cell phone give them their location and keep rolling. A freind of mine got shot trying to help someone on the road stranded
Old 07-06-2002, 12:31 AM

Originally posted by yongjun
I did two years ago.
This lady hydroed in a bad thunderstorm on my way to school.
Her car landed in a ditch and her and her daughter were hurt.

I got out in the pouring rain with extra coats and umbrellas and helped them out of the ditch.
Called 911 and stayed until they were rushed off to the hospital.

It was a 2000 gxe.

I also ran across the interstate to get both of the hubcaps that flew off

I felt better about myself after helping out.

I just wanted to give you props on helping that lady and her daughter, you should feel good about yourself you've done a great thing!!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 07:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If I were alone, probably not, but if I see them stuck there I can always call the police to come. Being a girl and alone...it's not always good to stop.

When my last car's alternator died, no one helped me LOL. Fortunately my friend and a tow truck was on the way.
Old 07-06-2002, 08:56 AM

Ahh yea the most memorable experience I had was about 2 years ago in the summer. It was about 2:30 in the AM and I was going home after just hanging out with friends. I got on my street (I live in the boonies by the way) and I crossed over our 1 lane wooden bridge that goes over a creek. Low and behold I see this girl walking. This is definately out of the ordinary as this road you usually dont walk on being in the middle of the forest, and especially not at 2:30 in the morning. I was like wow this girl has nerve, she was dressed with a really short skirt and she was hot as hell too. I thought she mighta been a hooker although we dont have many around. I then got up on the other side of her and she was all crying. So I stopped and I said "are you alright? do you need a ride anywhere?" She was still 1/2 crying and asked me if I could drive her to a road thats maybe 2 miles down the road. I'm like sure.

So she gets in. I look over, oh wow she was hot alright, nice body, great figure... oh yeah. In the back of my mind I'm thinking something isnt right, stuff like this usually only happens in the movies when a guy stumbles and picks up onto a hot young girl literally off the side of the road. So we start talking and I find out she's about 4 years older then me. It turns out that she went to a dance club and then came back with her boyfriend and her boyfriend ditched her on the side of the road! What a **** jockey. This girl seemed really nice and pleasant too. Anyway, when we get to the road she says that I could drop her off. I'm like "well where are you gonna go" and she said she would walk the rest of the way. I then asked her where she lived and she told me the name of the town thats 20 minutes away by car. I'm like dear god no way she's getting out, so I drove her to where she lived. I dont think I've ever driven that slowly in my life cause I was
trying to look over at her.

Oh yeah, she made the comment "This is a really nice car, what is this a civic?" Guess she liked the leather. Hehehe, I shoulda stopped and been like "get the hell out you dissed me car"... but in all seriousness I was still in shock of what had happened and I got to meet this really hot girl. Unfortunately, me being as stupid as I am I never got her freakin phone number, not even to hook up with her but just to see how she was doin. To this day thats probably one of the things I most regret not doing with a girl. However it eases my mind that I helped someone out and being the way she was, she could have easily gotten in the car with somebody who would have taken advantage of her.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:29 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by RapidMax
I doubt it since I don't really think I would able to help out but if it was hot girl I definitely would
Tha's how they reel you in to kill/stab/rob you