General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How would have I done against a 1-st gen Eclipse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 07:48 PM

How would have I done against a 1-st gen Eclipse?

Cliff Notes:

Two chicks in an Eclipse and I somewhat went at it was wondering how an auto 4-th gen would do against them if it was an all-out race.

------------------------------------------------------------

I was bored so I went out for a drive. I was driving on a quiet road minding my own business and all of sudden I see these very bright headlights closing in on me quickly. This thing was even changing lanes wrecklessly in order to pass the 2-3 cars in its way. The road was wet and they were playing road warrior.

There was a stoplight up ahead and we were finally side by side. The driver and passenger were two blonde chicks. I smiled at them and the driver was saying something to the passenger. I got this feeling where these two chicks wanted to play. I'm just waiting for the light to turn green. It turned green and they took off pretty hard. I was right! I followed them but I didn't go WOT because 1) I never raced B4 and 2) the road was wet. I caught up to them at the next light but it turned yellow. I slowed down and stopped.

I looked at them they were both laughing and showed off their sound system playing rap msuic. I smiled and turned off OD. Light turned green and like B4 I didn't go WOT fearing some unforeseeable crap might happen (my 2 reasons in above paragraph, accident, cop, etc....). These girls were laughing as both cars were in motion. I was only pushing about 1/3 of the throttle. I assumed they weren't giving it their all because I didn't pay attention to how much noise their engine was making and the whole time we were even.

Realizing this was getting nowhere. I sped up a bit more to cut them off because I needed that lane to get on the highway. Then they changed lanes to cut me off. A little bit further up ahead they realized that the lane we were on is the lane to get on the highway. So they had to change to the left lane almost hitting the person they were trying to get in front of.

So I was wondering. Who would own who?
Old 07-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: How would have I done against a 1-st gen Eclipse?

you need Cliff Notes of your Cliff Notes...that **** was still too long! and how are we supposed to tell you who won if you didn't say what kind of Eclipse it was???

Originally posted by MaxPerformanceSE
Cliff Notes:

Two chicks in an Eclipse and I somewhat went at it was wondering how an auto 4-th gen would do against them if it was an all-out race.

I was bored so I went out for a drive. I was driving on a quiet road minding my own business and all of sudden I see these very bright headlights closing in on me quickly. This thing was even changing lanes wrecklessly in order to pass the 2-3 cars in its way. The road was wet and they were playing road warrior.

There was a stoplight up ahead and we were finally side by side. The driver and passenger were two blonde chicks. I smiled at them and the driver was saying something to the passenger. I got this feeling where these two chicks wanted to play. I'm just waiting for the light to turn green. It turned green and they took off pretty hard. I was right! I followed them but I didn't go WOT because 1) I never raced B4 and 2) the road was wet. I caught up to them at the next light but it turned yellow. I slowed down and stopped.

I looked at them they were both laughing and showed off their sound system playing rap msuic. I smiled and turned off OD. Light turned green and like B4 I didn't go WOT fearing some unforeseeable crap might happen (my 2 reasons in above paragraph, accident, cop, etc....). These girls were laughing as both cars were in motion. I was only pushing about 1/3 of the throttle. I assumed they weren't giving it their all because I didn't pay attention to how much noise their engine was making and the whole time we were even.

Realizing this was getting nowhere. I sped up a bit more to cut them off because I needed that lane to get on the highway. Then they changed lanes to cut me off. A little bit further up ahead they realized that the lane we were on is the lane to get on the highway. So they had to change to the left lane almost hitting the person they were trying to get in front of.

So I was wondering. Who would own who?
Old 07-09-2002, 07:55 PM

It was a first gen eclipse.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by MaxPerformanceSE It was a first gen eclipse.
. ...turbo??? n/a??? 5spd??? auto??? did you see what model??
Old 07-09-2002, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

. ...turbo??? n/a??? 5spd??? auto??? did you see what model??
To be honest I wouldn't know but what if it was a 5-spd turbo?
Old 07-09-2002, 08:08 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by MaxPerformanceSE To be honest I wouldn't know but what if it was a 5-spd turbo?
with your mods....you'd lose, not as badly as you would stock, but you'd still lose!
Old 07-09-2002, 08:23 PM

i had a 90 eclipse gsx(AWD, turbo) and it is considerably faster than my maxima but slower than my 300zx tt. its in the middle of the two. (all cars are 5spd)
Old 07-09-2002, 09:18 PM
It's chrome alright...

agree

I had a 93 GSX 5-speed and beat 1st-3rd gen consistently. I beat 4th gen sometimes... sold it before 5th gen Max came out but I'd guess I would have lost to a 222hp car.

My AWD was quick off the start but the extra weight didn't help.

Originally posted by densetsu
i had a 90 eclipse gsx(AWD, turbo) and it is considerably faster than my maxima but slower than my 300zx tt. its in the middle of the two. (all cars are 5spd)
Old 07-09-2002, 10:07 PM

that eclipse was the ****, 264k miles and i still had the same clutch, the turbos worked perfectly and even the headlights popped up. Can't say much for the interior though...
Old 07-10-2002, 07:42 AM

Originally posted by densetsu
that eclipse was the ****, 264k miles and i still had the same clutch, the turbos worked perfectly and even the headlights popped up. Can't say much for the interior though...
My old Laser used to hang with LS1's and V8 Mustangs with a few cheap mods.
Turbo DSM's are very easily and cheaply modified
Old 07-10-2002, 09:55 AM

Thnx for the reply guys. Let's just hope they were in a N/A Auto.