Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

ANOTHER KYB GR-2 GP $260 shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by spta97

If your Paypal account was done through a credit card, can it be taken up with them? It's been almost a week since DJ Kontakt posted on this thread and I'm getting the feeling I got screwed. I wonder what my options are
If you paid using Paypal + credit card then you're doubly protected. Paypal is pretty responsive to buyer issues/problems like this. If Papal refuses to reimburse you, you can always call your credit card company and have them reverse the charge. Really hoping DJ Kontakt comes through on the refunds. If I don't hear anything by Friday, I'll be contacting Paypal.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by kirzan

If you paid using Paypal + credit card then you're doubly protected. Paypal is pretty responsive to buyer issues/problems like this. If Papal refuses to reimburse you, you can always call your credit card company and have them reverse the charge. Really hoping DJ Kontakt comes through on the refunds. If I don't hear anything by Friday, I'll be contacting Paypal.
I researched it on PayPal. It looks like you've only got 30 days to file a complaint. I sent my payment on 5/19/03 so the clock is ticking. If you feel screwed too, here is the info:

PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy

PayPal Buyer Complaint Form

They also mention that you can contact your credit card company. Mine (Citibank) is very good about tracking down fraud.

*edit*

Here was where I sent my payment to:

E-mail = PowrPerformance@aol.com
Name = Power Performance Motorsports
Person = Zack Kanter
Old 06-11-2003, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by spta97

I researched it on PayPal. It looks like you've only got 30 days to file a complaint. I sent my payment on 5/19/03 so the clock is ticking. If you feel screwed too, here is the info:

PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy

PayPal Buyer Complaint Form

They also mention that you can contact your credit card company. Mine (Citibank) is very good about tracking down fraud.

*edit*

Here was where I sent my payment to:

E-mail = PowrPerformance@aol.com
Name = Power Performance Motorsports
Person = Zack Kanter
Thanx for the research.. this does give me some relief. I sent payment on the 21st.. so I dont have much time either.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:26 PM

I have not said anything in this thread yet, but have also paid through paypal for this group deal. Below is a copy of the email that i have sent to Nik.

Nik,

I am writing in regards to the group deal that you offered to members of maxima.org. I have paypaled you the money along with many other people, and have not received the merchandise. I understand that KYB is out of stock on one specific part number. Myself as well as many people on maxima.org are concerned about the fact that you have not made contact with many of us in regards to a refund.

I can understand that you as a business man are busy working to build your business, but by not contacting anyone from the group deal and by not posting, you are well on your way to destroying your business before it is started. Customer service should be one of you top priorities, and from what I have seen, it obviously is not.

I have been very patient in terms of not posting anything negative in the forums, but if I do not recieve a reply or some form of contact by Friday, I will not only file a complaint with paypal, but also with the better business bureau.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are busy, because I have had the experience of starting my own business, and I remember how difficult it was to do. Do yourself a favor and do not destroy your business before it gets started. Remember that maxima.org has more than 18,000 members, and that is not a group of potential customers that you want to lose.

If I do not get a response by friday at 5pm. I will be filing complaints first thing monday morning.

I will keep everyone informed if anything happens.

Brian
Old 06-11-2003, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by maxima42
I have not said anything in this thread yet, but have also paid through paypal for this group deal. Below is a copy of the email that i have sent to Nik.

Nik,

I am writing in regards to the group deal that you offered to members of maxima.org. I have paypaled you the money along with many other people, and have not received the merchandise. I understand that KYB is out of stock on one specific part number. Myself as well as many people on maxima.org are concerned about the fact that you have not made contact with many of us in regards to a refund.

I can understand that you as a business man are busy working to build your business, but by not contacting anyone from the group deal and by not posting, you are well on your way to destroying your business before it is started. Customer service should be one of you top priorities, and from what I have seen, it obviously is not.

I have been very patient in terms of not posting anything negative in the forums, but if I do not recieve a reply or some form of contact by Friday, I will not only file a complaint with paypal, but also with the better business bureau.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are busy, because I have had the experience of starting my own business, and I remember how difficult it was to do. Do yourself a favor and do not destroy your business before it gets started. Remember that maxima.org has more than 18,000 members, and that is not a group of potential customers that you want to lose.

If I do not get a response by friday at 5pm. I will be filing complaints first thing monday morning.

I will keep everyone informed if anything happens.

Brian
Dude, that's a great e-mail. I have held off on writing one myself because now I'm so that it would just not come out as professional. I guess I should have held off on my posts as you did, but the fact that there has been no reply to my posts or my last e-mail to him has me very upset.

I agree with you 100% about killing his business before it gets started. I don't think that anyone is being unreasonable by wanting their money back for a transaction that was never completed and I think I'll give until Friday as well.

I don't think that there is any excuse for not responding to us. I'm working on 15 concurrent projects at work, refinancing my house, renovating my basement, and trying to buy a truck but yet I still find time to reply to my e-mail, make my customers happy, and post like a ***** on the .Org Granted, I don't sleep much....

The nice thing about this transaction is we have got the whole thread as evidence...a "written contract" if you will. I'm sure my credit card company and other prospective clients of his company would be interested to see this.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:48 PM

Damn.... sucks to be whoever in this GD. I hope DJ Kontakt could clear his name by sending refunds back. His last post was like a week ago! I just hope that everyone would be happy at the end of the day.

~limsandy
Old 06-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Banned

heres an email i sent him a couple days ago, and he responded the same day at least

Subj: kyb gr2 shocks
Date: 6/9/2003 8:01:47 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: DJ Kontakt

just wondering if my refund is on its way or not? also can i just have it refunded thru paypal?

Subj: Re: kyb gr2 shocks
Date: 6/9/2003 9:14:57 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: JYKISHAN

We can not do pay pal refunds because we would lose money on the transaction fees that we an no longer afford to lose on this deal. The check to refund you has been written and will be sent out tomorrow.
-Nik Kanter
Power Performance Motorsports
Old 06-12-2003, 05:16 AM

Keep us posted if you do receive the check.

Originally posted by PHAT2k1A.E.
heres an email i sent him a couple days ago, and he responded the same day at least

Subj: kyb gr2 shocks
Date: 6/9/2003 8:01:47 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: DJ Kontakt

just wondering if my refund is on its way or not? also can i just have it refunded thru paypal?

Subj: Re: kyb gr2 shocks
Date: 6/9/2003 9:14:57 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: JYKISHAN

We can not do pay pal refunds because we would lose money on the transaction fees that we an no longer afford to lose on this deal. The check to refund you has been written and will be sent out tomorrow.
-Nik Kanter
Old 06-12-2003, 08:57 PM

I am sorry that I have not been posting, but I thought that it was clear to contact Power Performance if a refund was wanted. Many checks will be mailing out tomorrow. Please do not think that Power Performance has stolen any of your money. If complaints are filed, that will be our problem to deal with, and the complaints will stick to us for our terrible probloems even after refunds are recieved by our customers. It needs to be understood that KYB has not been truthful with our business, and they have been very hard to deal with. We now have 30 sets of shocks, minus 30 334266's sitting in the warehouse, tying up much of our funds to expand in to other areas of the market.
Once again: WHo ever would like to be refunded and has not been already, please contact us at either my personal email or the business email, PowrPerformance@aol.com.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by DJ Kontakt
I am sorry that I have not been posting, but I thought that it was clear to contact Power Performance if a refund was wanted. Many checks will be mailing out tomorrow. Please do not think that Power Performance has stolen any of your money. If complaints are filed, that will be our problem to deal with, and the complaints will stick to us for our terrible probloems even after refunds are recieved by our customers. It needs to be understood that KYB has not been truthful with our business, and they have been very hard to deal with. We now have 30 sets of shocks, minus 30 334266's sitting in the warehouse, tying up much of our funds to expand in to other areas of the market.
Once again: WHo ever would like to be refunded and has not been already, please contact us at either my personal email or the business email, PowrPerformance@aol.com.
Nik,

I send another e-mail requesting a refund again. My first e-mail that I sent out on 6/7/03 remains unanswered. I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with KYB, however that is still no excuse for not replying to e-mail or not posting in a weeks time.

Unfortunately, you have given me no faith that I will receive a check and leave me no alternative than to register a complaint with PayPal, Citibank, and the Better Business Bureau because my 30 day window in which to do so is running out. I am also forced to negatively rate your Trader Rating on Maxima.org, other boards that I frequent, as well as contact the local authorities regarding this transaction (which I believe will be a felony due to the amount of money involved).

I would like not to have to go this route, but you have left me no choice. The only thing that can prevent this is when / if I receive my $260 refund and the funds CLEAR in my account. Since you are out of state this will take a week from when I receive it.

I do not like what you have forced me into, but not replying to e-mail or posting on this thread has said to all of us that you do not hold us as valued customers and do not want a successful business.

The logical alternative is to refund everyone who paid via PayPal into their PayPal accounts TODAY. I know that you will be loosing money on this, but it will be gained back by restoring our faith in your business practices and repeat business in the future. Building customer relationships is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT apspect about running a businness. Without customers, you have no business.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:09 AM

Has anyone recieved thier check yet? it's friday and i havent got mine.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:55 PM

!

Originally posted by naerok
Has anyone recieved thier check yet? it's friday and i havent got mine.
I've actually got a pending refund in my PayPal account"

"Power Performance Motorsports (PowrPerformance@aol.com) has refunded your payment. This refund is currently pending, and will remain "Pending" until the funds
have cleared from the sender's account, which usually takes 4 business days. You
will be notified by email when the funds have cleared into your PayPal balance."
Thank you Nik. I will post when the funds clear.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Despite Max, women still avoid him

Pending refund in my Paypal acct also. Thanks Nik-sorry about all the crap with KYB.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:33 PM

did everyone who paid through paypal get a pending status on their refund? I dont even see a pending status on mine.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:22 PM
How 'bout them cliffs?

i was in a GD for AGX in his other thread, and received my AGX today. been more than a month, and we've been trading e-mails back and forth. i does look like KYB has been putting him through hell, so those of you who have a little patience, give him a chance. i think.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:53 AM
Banned

i got a pending refund as well..
Old 06-14-2003, 09:05 AM

DJ, I sent my payment through paypal way back on May 11th. I talked to paypal and they said you cant use the refund option since it has been past 30 days. they said you just have to send money using the send option. Check your email...
Old 06-14-2003, 07:14 PM

To those of you who are angry about this. Keep in mond that nobody has been waiting over two weeks to be refunded. It has only been ten days since we found out from KYB that the orders could not be filled. Not everyone also had contacted us immediately about recieving a refund, and various methods of payment of refunds have been talked about on our end. It is not as simple as just sending the money back as soon as it is asked for.
In other better topics, http://www.taylorautomotive.com/ has the GR-2 in stock, so if you got a refund and want them, order them soon before they run out.
We will be running a deal on Rear Sway Bars with High performance Poly PPM bushings soon later this month. The parts will be in stock before the deal is posted, and shiping time should only be one to three days after payment. Keep your eyes open for more information.
-Nik Kanter
Old 06-14-2003, 07:55 PM
I miss the .org!

Complete set of KYB GR-2 came to $317 shipped from Taylor Automotive in NJ to me in WA state.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Try contacting Nick Bauer at Foreign Car Parts (FCP Groton)
I got my GR2's for $250 shipped.

Nick Bauer
FCP Groton
734 Poquonnock Road
Groton, CT 06340
1-877-634-0063 toll free (from 9-5 eastern time Monday thru Friday)
foreigncarparts@hotmail.com
Old 06-15-2003, 01:44 PM

thats cheap... how long did it take for you to get it?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I got mine in 4 days