Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

02-03 Maxima Eye Lid GD Update(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 08:50 PM

02-03 Maxima Eye Lid GD Update(s)

Ok guys. I received the payment of 10 people. You still have time to join the Group Deal. I decided to keep the prices same until I ship out the last order. Today, I transfered the money from the Paypal into my checking account. As soon as that's done (3-4 business days), it's time to go shopping for EVERYTHING I will need. I found a donor car to use for this project. MY COUSIN'S Maxima. I don't know what his username is on these forums. I will be updating you guys on a daily basis, if there is ever a time that I can't update, I'll ask him to update you guys on the progress for me. FINALLY got ALL 10 people. Check the official list in my signature. I'm pretty sure that everyone on that list owns a 02-03 Maxima. If you own an 00-01, please let me know immediately. Thanks for all your support and your interest. I will update again tomorrow. - Jitek
Old 07-31-2003, 09:32 PM

Sounds good and I'm #10 on the list.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:56 PM

08/01/2003
Hey guys. Still waiting on the Paypal Transfer. For those of you that are familiar with paypal, knows it takes 3-4 business days in order to transfer funds into your bank account. I think it should be done transfering by next Monday or Tuesday (business days only). Tomorrow is my birthday. Since I don't have funds or anything coming in tomorrow, I hope that you guys don't mind me taking the day off to celebrate my birthday with my friends and family. If the funds don't come in by Tues. I'm going to go ahead and try to rake some money out of my pockets and start work on Wednesday. That's it for today guys. I'll keep you all updated and thanks for taking interest in my group buy. - Jitek
Old 08-02-2003, 06:46 AM

Re: 02-03 Maxima Eye Lid GD Update(s)

Originally posted by CTi_2003
Ok guys. I received the payment of 10 people. You still have time to join the Group Deal. I decided to keep the prices same until I ship out the last order. Today, I transfered the money from the Paypal into my checking account. As soon as that's done (3-4 business days), it's time to go shopping for EVERYTHING I will need. I found a donor car to use for this project. MY COUSIN'S Maxima. I don't know what his username is on these forums. I will be updating you guys on a daily basis, if there is ever a time that I can't update, I'll ask him to update you guys on the progress for me. FINALLY got ALL 10 people. Check the official list in my signature. I'm pretty sure that everyone on that list owns a 02-03 Maxima. If you own an 00-01, please let me know immediately. Thanks for all your support and your interest. I will update again tomorrow. - Jitek
I'm Down let me know where to send the payment and who to make the money order out to and for how much thanks, mike. (2003 max)
Old 08-02-2003, 10:00 PM

08/02/2003
Hey guys. It was my birthday today. I got some new phat farm shoes, a butterfly knife, a pack of cigarettes (can you believe that?), and best of all, a new Samsung V205 cell phone. Like I said, nothing much is really going to happen today and tomorrow since PayPal likes to take the weekends off. I'll keep you guys updated anyway. Now I have a phone with a digicam so I can post pics. hehe. keeponsmokin, you can PM me with your zipcode. - Jitek
Old 08-03-2003, 09:51 PM

08/03/2003
Sunday, no transfers today. Even my bank isn't open. Chances are that tomorrow, the payments will come. I will go out and get the supplies that I need for this project. After I purchase the products, I need to make an appointment with the donor car sometime this week. We're gonna have to work something out. I will definitely start working on them sometime this week. Other than that, there really isn't anything new. Thanks for all your support and your interest. - Jitek
Old 08-04-2003, 08:12 AM

Old 08-04-2003, 08:56 PM

08/04/2003
Hehe, thank you very much. The paypal transfer DID come in. I went out and bought all of the supplies that I need. I'm trying to make an appointment with the donor car right now so that I can get this project underway. Thanks for all your support through the PMs, believe me, they help A LOT. - Jitek
Old 08-06-2003, 12:27 AM

08/05/2003
Looks like the Maxima forums had a little problem earlier. OK guys, I've got ALL of the supplies that I'm going to need for this project. I'm still just waiting on the donor car right now. It takes hours after hours to make these things so I need to meet him on a day where he can give me more than a couple hours. Right now, I'm trying to aim for Thursday afternoon. I'll let you guys know how that goes. - Jitek
Old 08-06-2003, 06:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

keep up the good work
Old 08-06-2003, 08:36 PM

08/06/2003
Hehe, here we go. I got the appointment with the donor car tomorrow at 2:00pm. I'm going to get as much as I can done. I have about 4 hours. I'm going to try and get a picture for you guys sometime near the end of this week or early next week with the eyelids on the car. BioMaxDDS, thanks for your support. A simple "keep up the good work," goes a LONG way. Thanks to the rest of you that have been "bombarding " my e-mail and PMs with "good luck" "thanks for watching out for us sentra people" "if there's anything I can do to help, just ask" etc. They are very supportive. I will continue to update you guys on a daily basis, once a day, after 10:00pm I hope that you guys like these, I'm spending a lot of time on these to get them perfect. Thanks again guys. I'll see you guys tomorrow. - Jitek
Old 08-07-2003, 06:35 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Jitek, I appreciate the updates. Lookin' forward to the pics!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:57 AM

=D this guy is awesome he keeps updating us... can't wait to see the end products
Old 08-07-2003, 11:06 AM

I think you've been the most thorough of anyone here, providing daily updates of the project even before it's gotten started. Everyone has there money with you and it's reassuring that you're keeping us informed.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2003, 12:50 PM

Re: 02-03 Maxima Eye Lid GD Update(s)

I'm interested, How much again for a pair of eyelids for my 02 max, also, is there a final pic of how they will look?
Old 08-07-2003, 09:51 PM

08/07/2003
Guys, no problem with the updates. I consider that to be a part of "good customer service." I will CONTINUE to update this page until the day that EVERYONE that ordered a pair gets theirs. On another note, we ran into a bit of problems with the donor car. He went to get his JIC-Magic Coils readjusted (or something like that) and didn't have his car at his house. It was a last minute thing that happened. On the bright side though, instead of having a couple of hours, this coming Sunday, I'll be working with the Maxima for 10 hours (10am - 8pm) stopping two or three times for food breaks. I'm sorry about this guys, this was completely out of my control. I can't really say anything, it isn't my car. I promise though that I will work as long and as hard as I can when I get the chances. Right now, I'm trying to get one complete set done so I can get them painted and installed for you guys to see what they will look like. For any people that are interested, you can PM me or e-mail me. I will give you a good price. However, I can't give you the same low price I gave these guys because it wouldn't be fair to them. I'll probably give them to you for about $5 or $10 dollars more. Let's work something out. PM or e-mail me. I know you guys are waiting VERY patiently for these and I really appreciate it. If anyone is ****ed, contact me and let me know. (I hope you guys understand). - Jitek
Old 08-08-2003, 10:02 PM

08/08/2003
Well, there really isn't much more to update. Like I said, I'll be working on the the eyelids on Sunday (pretty much all day). I came to update anyway since I promised you guys a DAILY update. If there are any more people interested in these eyelids, the price will be $46+S&H. Either PM me or E-mail me. BTW, I'm working on the new OFFICIAL website which will be up soon. I'll let you know when that's done. - Jitek
Old 08-10-2003, 03:33 PM

I'm just letting you guys know that CTi_2003 was at my house since the morning and was working on the mold for the eyelids. We're just waiting for it to dry now. It's going to take a full 24 hours in order for it to dry and cure completely. My car's staying in the garage tonight with a LOT of tape on the headlights and PLENTY of layers of fiberglass. My cousin will (CTi_2003) said that he's going to post some pictures that he takes with his phone and try to post for you guys tomorrow. He also wanted me to tell you guys that he's sorry for not updating yesterday. He was out late and came home at about 3 in the morning. From what I understand, about that time, the maxima.org site must've been down or something because he couldn't post anything. Don't worry guys, he didn't do that intentionally.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by chi02max
I'm just letting you guys know that CTi_2003 was at my house since the morning and was working on the mold for the eyelids. We're just waiting for it to dry now. It's going to take a full 24 hours in order for it to dry and cure completely. My car's staying in the garage tonight with a LOT of tape on the headlights and PLENTY of layers of fiberglass. My cousin will (CTi_2003) said that he's going to post some pictures that he takes with his phone and try to post for you guys tomorrow. He also wanted me to tell you guys that he's sorry for not updating yesterday. He was out late and came home at about 3 in the morning. From what I understand, about that time, the maxima.org site must've been down or something because he couldn't post anything. Don't worry guys, he didn't do that intentionally.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:30 PM

08/10/2003
Hey guys, that's right. I was at his house working on them eyelids. Like he said, sorry about the other night. For some reason, this Maxima.Org forums seem to hate me. It's so rare that they actually let me post something. And for some reason, it ALWAYS tells me that I have NO PMs. I thought it was odd and so I checked it just in case. Just as I thought, I had like 15 PMs. I got to all of you in one sitting. Sorry about not replying before guys. Oh yea, here are some pictures of todays work, enjoy! - Jitek

All Taped Off
This Fiberglass Smells Beautiful!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:16 PM

i can't wait man...this is gonna be off the hooooook
Old 08-10-2003, 11:40 PM

thanks for the updates.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:32 AM

I can't wait too. they will will nice with angel eyes.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:48 PM

08/11/2003
Hey guys, I went back to my cousin's house to peel of the fiberglass. Hard as a rock but still bends a little. Check this out, I can either leave them like this so that it will have an easier fit cause you can KIND of mold them to fit PERFECTLY on your car, or go ahead and add two more layers to make it hard as hell. Here's the thing though, since they are just eyelids and they will be held on by tape anyway, I thought that maybe you guys would like to have something that will fit more snugly (that you can kind of, for the lack of better terms, squish on. Right now, it's pretty hard but if you use a little strength, it still bends a bit. You let me know what you guys want. I went out and got a new sander it's so beautiful. I'll be using that to sand it. That's about it for now. If you have any questions, just e-mail me or PM me. Bye. - Jitek
Old 08-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

08/11/2003
Hey guys, I went back to my cousin's house to peel of the fiberglass. Hard as a rock but still bends a little. Check this out, I can either leave them like this so that it will have an easier fit cause you can KIND of mold them to fit PERFECTLY on your car, or go ahead and add two more layers to make it hard as hell. Here's the thing though, since they are just eyelids and they will be held on by tape anyway, I thought that maybe you guys would like to have something that will fit more snugly (that you can kind of, for the lack of better terms, squish on. Right now, it's pretty hard but if you use a little strength, it still bends a bit. You let me know what you guys want. I went out and got a new sander it's so beautiful. I'll be using that to sand it. That's about it for now. If you have any questions, just e-mail me or PM me. Bye. - Jitek
I think I'd prefer the really hard ones. If you're molding them from the actual headlight lens, they should fit perfectly without bending, right? The 02 and 03 use the same headlight I believe, so they should be a perfect fit on either one.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:52 PM

All 02-03 HID headlights are identical, so I don't think there's much need to leave the eye lids "soft" so that they are moldable. IMO, just make it fit perfect for the HID you got and add the extra layers you were talking about to make it hard. If anything each headlight may be millimeters off in size, but I don't care and I don't think I'll notice.

Thanks for the hard work and I can't wait to get these on!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 06:18 PM

08/13/2001
Hey guys, there's something wrong with my computer right now. It's like infected with some kind of virus where the computer shuts down like 5 minutes after it loads up. I'm gonna make this quick. Here goes. The eyelids are still sitting at my cousin's house. I'm going to go and pick them up sometime this week (probably friday) and from there, I have to make the mold a perfect fit (which means lots of sanding and a lot more fiberglass work here and there. Just so that you guys know, I'm trying to work on this as fast and good as I can. If this is dragging, I'm very sorry. I'm trying my best by updating so you guys know the exact progress on a daily basis. If you have any questions, shoot me an e-mail or PM. - Jitek
Old 08-13-2003, 06:45 PM

Your PC has that stupid virus. Go to another PC and download a stand alone virus remover.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:57 PM

Yea, I was told that there was a HUGE amount of computers worldwide that got infected with it. It's so dumb. - Jitek
Old 08-14-2003, 09:53 PM

08/14/2003
OK, I'm going to finally go to my cousin's house tomorrow to pick up the mold. After I reinforce it, I will be making more molds. Once that's done, we got the products, I'm hoping this should all be done within the middle of next week. Here's the thing. As always, I leave a LOT of room for mistakes because I'm kind of a perfectionist. There's going to be a lot of sanding and adding of fiberglass to the mold. This can actually take some time. Once this is done, the gauge pod is really sounding like it's next. - Jitek
Old 08-15-2003, 06:32 AM

off topic.. but for cti and whoever else has the blaster worm on their computer (where it restarts by itself... saying "...remote procedure call terminated unexpectedly...")... the next time the timer comes on, click ur start menu... then Run.... then type in "shutdown -a"... that will stop ur shutdown timer... then go online to look for patches and fixes.. there are several links out there on the internet already... usatoday has one... microsoft has a patch.. and various other websites..........good luck.. i had it too.. and it was a b*tch and a half.. not to mention annoying as hell...
Old 08-15-2003, 07:38 PM

08/15/2003
Hehe, thanks man. I'll definitely do that. As an update though, I went and got all of my supplies back and the eyelids. I'm going to add more layers of fiberglass and cut of the extras that I had on it. After that, we should be another step closer to the final product. - Jitek
Old 08-17-2003, 12:02 AM

08/16/2003
Hey guys, I've got this person visiting from out of country. I had to take him out all day today and will be out all day tomorrow taking him to the Chicago Water and Air Show. As soon as we hit monday, or maybe even tomorrow night, we're back on schedule. Sorry guys, if any of you have a problem with this, please bite my head off through a PM or e-mail. You guys are pretty understanding so I'm sure it'll be fine. My goal time still stands though. I'm hoping to have this finished by the end of August. - Jitek
Old 08-17-2003, 05:30 PM

08/17/2003
I got back from the airshow today. I lost my car there and went walking around looking for it for about 3 hours. I'm so dumb. I forgot to see which street I parked it on. I was just going around by instinct ... luckily I found it though. Other than that, nothing new today. I'll get some work dome tomorrow and tonight. I'll try to get some more pics for you guys tomorrow. - Jitek
Old 08-18-2003, 08:41 PM

08/18/2003
Here's what we did today. I took the mold and started to trim off all of the edges. After that, I sawed off the majority that I won't be needing. I worked on more sanding and added two more layers of fiberglass. I'm giving them a good 24 hours to completely cure. I'll post pics as soon as the mold is complete. - Jitek
Old 08-19-2003, 05:01 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Thanks for the continued updates, Jitek. Sounds like they're coming along very well. Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 08-19-2003, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by Bluesbrekr
Thanks for the continued updates, Jitek. Sounds like they're coming along very well. Can't wait to see the pics!

yeah thanks alot man...
can't wait to see some pics
Old 08-19-2003, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by Bluesbrekr

yeah thanks alot man...
can't wait to see some pics
Old 08-19-2003, 08:59 PM

08/19/2003
Hey guys, it was 24 hours. I'm going to go and work on some more sanding right now. I'll get back to you guys tomorrow. No problem about the updates and sorry about having to make this update so short. Thanks for the support guys. - Jitek
Old 08-20-2003, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the updates.

The shorter the updates, means the more time you have to spend on the eye lids.

Quick Reply: 02-03 Maxima Eye Lid GD Update(s)