Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Warpspeed Y-Pipe $160 SHIPPED!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 09:01 AM

i doubt that will happen but if it does i'll be prety happy
Old 02-05-2004, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by big_al
1. D1NOnly34
2. sadice
3. Brudaddy
4. redstradic
5. djfrestyl
6. conz35
7. topdog1207
8. felix822
9. Rowan
10.Maxtank
11.minsbang
12.BigJayx23
13.Cool J
14.NotoriousMak
15.Budha56
16.Maxima-2
17.mymaxlvsattn
18.MAXDADDY98
19.mansurxk (maybe)
20.glass88jaw
21. big_al
23. Meanbean
24. NismoTam
25. JeEvE
26. TwoSlow2Go
27. gotmaxwiltravel
Im not on the list. I already pm'ed
Old 02-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i'm in too need one for 98se - fed pm sent
Old 02-05-2004, 09:27 AM

image inhis list u r there in this list u r not cause like 10 diff people are making the list budha should post a list after everyone pms him i guess and we'll know who's on and who's not
Old 02-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Sittin' On Chrome

the REAL list is on the FIRST page. check that one.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by image
Im not on the list. I already pm'ed
OK. I WAS keeping the official list at the top of this thread, but now I can't edit that anymore. I'll try and periodically ask the administrators to edit it, but if you're not on that list yet then PM me or email me (overley@fastmail.fm) with all your info. I WILL reply, and tell you that you're in. It looks like I'm just going to keep the official list on my computer, and update periodically. As long as I (budha56) reply and tell you that you're in and you've given me ALL the info, you don't have to worry about it.

Also, I don't want to be a jerk but I've been getting a lot of questions that are answered either in this thread or other recent ones, or on the website from the company who's actually selling these pipes. Remember I'm just organizing the deal for them.

Finally, when you PM me to tell me that you're in, please give me all the info that I request in that first link. People are just saying they're in but I don't have any address or anything. That would make this a lot easier on me. Thanks!

Matt
Old 02-05-2004, 10:02 AM

Hey, you got all my info, just wanna make sure I'm on the list! I'm deffinately in, you got my word on that.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:40 AM

*applause* for Budha...

Keep it up guys...
Thanks, Budha, for all that you are doing. You are doing a good job with all this. This is a rather large group deal.

I was asking about the SS. I know it is better about not rusting, but does anyone know anymore about any other advantages it could bring? Just curious. I would be all about it if we got enough people and could get the SS for that $160. I don't know if it would happen.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:45 AM

how would this y-pipe sound w/ a apexi exhaust?

im more than likely(Spelling) in i just would like to know how the above would sound

but i would not be able to pay until next week sometime, when i get paid
Old 02-05-2004, 10:51 AM

holy shiet, 160 shipped! Is this Warspeed Y any different from the one sold not through this GD? Realistically, what are the gains on cali-spec 5spd?? I might join this GD @ very end.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:04 AM

Shrapner....my guess to how it would sound would be pretty freakin' good. I don't think you would be disappointed. Other's opinions?
Old 02-05-2004, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
Shrapner....my guess to how it would sound would be pretty freakin' good. I don't think you would be disappointed. Other's opinions?
yes thats what im thinking,,, i just don't want it to be raspy or alot raspy

im in just got to get money. wo when i have money ill pm
Old 02-05-2004, 11:47 AM

sounds good, we have a little time.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey does anybody know if this y-pipe is much lighter than the stock ypipe? just like the Cattman Ypipe is much lighter than stock
Old 02-05-2004, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChillWill2000
Hey does anybody know if this y-pipe is much lighter than the stock ypipe? just like the Cattman Ypipe is much lighter than stock
I'm thinking I heard these are 15 lbs vs. 30 lbs stock, but I'm really not sure.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
*applause* for Budha...

Keep it up guys...
Thanks, Budha, for all that you are doing. You are doing a good job with all this. This is a rather large group deal.

I was asking about the SS. I know it is better about not rusting, but does anyone know anymore about any other advantages it could bring? Just curious. I would be all about it if we got enough people and could get the SS for that $160. I don't know if it would happen.
That would be cool if we can get the SS. I would be in it, even for the extra bucks. I mean aluminum is going to rust one day or another, so its beneficial to get the stainless still because it will last. Also, to you guys who are wondering how it will sound and etc.,. please dont ***** up the thread by asking those type of questions. All you need to do is post ANOTHER thread on another forum such as the General or the 4th generation. If we have everyone asking different questions it will be way to hard to distinguish the actual GD and the wants, and queries to which we are individually asking. If we can get SS, cool, if not oh well. So lets just leave it at that. We all want SS if we can get it. Lets see what he can do. Lets make this GD happen!
Old 02-05-2004, 02:24 PM

No Stainless. :-(

I just heard back from Warpspeed. He said he's not going to offer stainless pipes at this time, but maybe in the future. This is what he says about stainless:

"These group buy Y pipes are made of aluminized steel, we warrant they will not rust through for 4 years and if they do we will repair or replace. In more than 5 years no one has ever returned one for corrosion repairs. The life span is a conservative 8-10 years.

Stainless steel does have better thermal resistance than aluminized steel. If you are racing for pink slips or your life perhaps stainless would be the better way to go. It does cost more but it is your life and your money. We also make them in stainless, though we don't have stainless on our personal Maxima's. We never suggest headerwrap because it shortens the lifespan of stainless and mild steel by 50% because it overheats the steel." -Dallas

He also won't do 2K2 or newer Maximas. I'm still not sure about a cheaper price since we've got so many, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Hopefully he will let me send in a batch soon, though, to get these moving. I'll keep you posted.

Matt
Old 02-05-2004, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by budha56
I just heard back from Warpspeed. He said he's not going to offer stainless pipes at this time, but maybe in the future. He also won't do 2K2 or newer Maximas. I'm still not sure about a cheaper price since we've got so many, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Hopefully he will let me send in a batch soon, though, to get these moving. I'll keep you posted.

Matt
thanks matt. Ok so its clarified, No SS. Oh well! Still a good deal.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:43 PM

yeah a good deal if he actually honors the waranty for 4 years cause if my $hit rusts i better get it replaced heh with all the salt and stuff here.... maybe a cheaper price would be really really good .......
Old 02-05-2004, 03:21 PM

hmm, Im in the boat with the New Yorkers, i want to get on this, but Pittsburgh winters are just as bad.... what do you think guys should i get the Al or pay budget a little more for the SS. Remember, i dont live in CA heh. I really dont want it to rust..... perhaps ill be in on it, let me know what you guys think.

btw is it the same gains from a budget and warpspeed, or does one out perform?
Old 02-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Sittin' On Chrome

He will warrant them for 4 years if they rust anyway. If it does, just get it replaces for free.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:30 PM

is the stock y pipe maid from ss????
Old 02-05-2004, 03:31 PM

Okay, so we know SS is out. But, I think many of us still want to get it ASAP. Can we send the check to you now so the first shipment can go out sooner? I'm cool with the $160, cause if it is a few bucks off, I'd still rather pay a few more to get it sooner. THANKS!
Old 02-05-2004, 03:38 PM

It's on now!

OK. $160 shipped is as low as he can go, but he'll be ready for a list soon. SO for the first shipment, Tues 2/10 is the cutoff. Sometime on Wednesday I will send him whatever I've got.

Paypal/Credit
If you're paying with Paypal or credit card, I will send your info when I get a chance on Wednesday. If you have told me you're in you are all set. I'll give you more details about payment when I get it, but basically (NOT YET) there will be a time where paypal will email him their $, and he will call those who are paying by credit card to get your number. So if you're paying with Paypal, you don't have to do anything until I post again saying where to send it.

Check or Money Order
If you're paying by check or money order, I will email him your name/addresses and send him all the checks or money orders that you've given me. They'll either go in Wed. or Thursday's mail, certified. So if you're paying that way, send it to me ASAP, like tonight!:
Matt Overley
5132 Golden Tower Dr.
Evansville, IN 47712

I will PM you when I get it from you, so you don't need to ask. With your checks please include all info including name (.org and full), shipping address, and which pipe you want. Any missing info will result in delayed shipping, and possibly missing out on this deal.

Whatever I have by the time I send will get in on the first shipment, or as fast as he can make them if he runs out, in order that they confirmed with me by email or PM. After that, I will send him the rest of the info after the deal closes on 2/21. So that's still your ultimate cutoff.

Finally, they have decals in red, black, silver, or gray. If you have a preference then PM me or email me by Tuesday. Thanks a lot, all of you, for helping us to get such a good deal!

Matt
Old 02-05-2004, 03:40 PM

Old 02-05-2004, 04:25 PM
4th Gen Parts King

im in
info sent via pm
Old 02-05-2004, 05:33 PM

they are warranted for four years.... does that mean we have to pay the shipping if we need a new one. CAuse im sure we will have to send him the rusted one..
I think im going to do this, if i decide to is there a charge for using paypal with him... and are you going to tell us who to direct the payment to if we use paypal?
Old 02-05-2004, 05:40 PM

i sent PM, im in, you guys rock
Old 02-05-2004, 05:45 PM

im in for sure. im down for getting in on the second order, or later. the sooner the better, but im not in a rush. hopefully this will be the mod that gets me to beat that 96 contour SE 5 speed
Old 02-05-2004, 05:47 PM

i think u can still jump in for the first deal..... ask budha
Old 02-05-2004, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Oblongshapes
they are warranted for four years.... does that mean we have to pay the shipping if we need a new one. CAuse im sure we will have to send him the rusted one..
I think im going to do this, if i decide to is there a charge for using paypal with him... and are you going to tell us who to direct the payment to if we use paypal?
I'm sure you have to pay shipping, or else take your car to one of his shops (see the website). He hasn't said any charge for paypal. I'll post the details about who/when as soon as I get them. PM me with your info if you want in...but if you're really worried about the rusting you can always wait around for the SS.

By the way, Cattman told me he might do a GD for his SS pipes for around $300 later this spring.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:54 PM

even though the warranty the pipe for four years.. its kinda annoying at the fact that it rusts... then u would have to take it off send it to him... then have some down time on the car till the new pipe gets to u... then put it back on....i live in NY.. weather here totally sux!.... all the snow rain.. salt... just horrible... but u know wat... i still have to thank...budha56 for this awesome Group deal.. if in the near future they decide to offer the SS pipe.. ill jump all ova it... till then.. this will have to do.... im in!.. thanx again budha56
Old 02-05-2004, 06:01 PM

they said that no1 send them one back meaning they didn't rust........ so hopefully it won't rust and will last quite a bit ......
Old 02-05-2004, 06:03 PM

and 160 shipped is really good they sell the same y pipe for 199 plus 15 shipping so we save quite a lot so it's all good ........55 bucks save is enought to buy DC's on e-bay and a FSTB just add couple of bucks.... or some other mod .... or just plainly SAVE money
Old 02-05-2004, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by sadice
they said that no1 send them one back meaning they didn't rust........ so hopefully it won't rust and will last quite a bit ......

True.. but it all depends on where the majority of the pipes are... and wat kind of weather they go through.... still its a great feeling that he said no1 sent any back as of yet.... that is why i am still on this GD
Old 02-05-2004, 06:06 PM

believe me they have been selling pipes on e-bay for a while and people everywhere get them even on the org a lot of people have them y don't u ask in 4th gen about it and who has it and where they have them and how they holding up with the weather .... keep us posted if u do ....
Old 02-05-2004, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by sadice
believe me they have been selling pipes on e-bay for a while and people everywhere get them even on the org a lot of people have them y don't u ask in 4th gen about it and who has it and where they have them and how they holding up with the weather .... keep us posted if u do ....

aluminum doesnt rust, it just oxidizes, which isnt good either, i did a google search jus to check properties of aluminum vs SS

http://www.teskoenterprises.com/alum...tml#advantages
Old 02-05-2004, 09:20 PM

very interesting article....
Old 02-05-2004, 09:27 PM

hrm... My car has never seen snow. However, when i move up to lubbock texas next year (hopefully for college, go Tech! w00t) I dunno how it will hold up with the snow and the salt. Kinda scares me and all....
Old 02-05-2004, 09:30 PM

fed vs. cali

Is it true that cali spec does not show that much gains? in other words can you feel the gains even if you have the cali spec and if so, how much whp?

Quick Reply: Warpspeed Y-Pipe $160 SHIPPED!!