Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

95/96 red/clears

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by XeroX
personally i think we should just do it right and do it once.. get all 4 lenses done.. im willing to pay extra to have it look perfect.. anyone in on this?
I'm with XeroX on this one! Get all 4 lenses done!
Old 05-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by glass88jaw
I believe they where the company that made the original all clears... I would also want all clears over the non matching red clear lenses.
That is correct, but I'll still repeat my question: What does APC have to do with this?
Old 05-27-2004, 06:18 AM
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake

apc made the clear tail lights for the maxima they dont make them anymore. the red/clears u see on 95-96 maximas used to be apc lights.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally Posted by killcrap
apc made the clear tail lights for the maxima they dont make them anymore. the red/clears u see on 95-96 maximas used to be apc lights.

I completely understand that. I have a pair on my car right now. But, I'll ask for a third time: What does APC have to do with this?
Old 05-27-2004, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
I completely understand that. I have a pair on my car right now. But, I'll ask for a third time: What does APC have to do with this?

I think one of the members is talking to a guy that works at APC's warehouse (also fellow 95/96 max owner) and they're trying to work out a GD for this.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gen4Max
I think one of the members is talking to a guy that works at APC's warehouse (also fellow 95/96 max owner) and they're trying to work out a GD for this.
Why did it take so long for someone to figure this out they were the ones who made the all clear lights in the frist place. Now if there is enough people We should ask them to make them agian but now red and clear!!! The reason they stoped making them is because they were not with in DOT safetly specs. The red would fixx that problem
Old 05-27-2004, 08:08 AM

Well I got some bad news. I spoke to mike From APC, He told me that because of legalities they might not be albe to produce that product and also that If they did it would cost them over $100,000 in production cost to manufacture. so unless you have nothing better to do with you money...... Thats, that. Sorry if I got any hopes up but I was also hoping that this would be an easier process. Guess I going to get a 97 trunk upgrade...
Old 05-27-2004, 08:17 AM

damnit. How much is a 97 trunk upgrade?
Old 05-27-2004, 08:42 AM

In the long run it will cost more money but be easier than trying to get the 95-96 red and clears. but if they come through i will get them for sure.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:52 AM
2060lbs and falling...

Who made the CF trunklid? That is starting to look better and better. If I recall correctly he was asking around $450. So for $700 you could have a lighter red/clear 4.5 rear end. Contemplating. I wanna say it was Sadler but not sure. Anyone? I'll dig through my subscriptions.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by broaner22
Who made the CF trunklid? That is starting to look better and better. If I recall correctly he was asking around $450. So for $700 you could have a lighter red/clear 4.5 rear end. Contemplating. I wanna say it was Sadler but not sure. Anyone? I'll dig through my subscriptions.

If all the people who was interested, and is still interested, I can try my best to come up with the red/clear within 6 month period. NOT BS! And is not going to be a layer of paint out side the clear lense, but acturlly a red lense on the bottom to match your OEM lense.

Whats the price range you guys are looking to spend? $100-$140?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by AuToMaX_95
If all the people who was interested, and is still interested, I can try my best to come up with the red/clear within 6 month period. NOT BS! And is not going to be a layer of paint out side the clear lense, but acturlly a red lense on the bottom to match your OEM lense.

Whats the price range you guys are looking to spend? $100-$140?

I'm down with that. Where do i pay, and when can we start!
Old 05-27-2004, 11:18 PM

I am down with that. Let me know if this could really happen and a price too.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:38 AM

...testors candy apple red paint can be found at any hobby store...
Old 05-28-2004, 12:03 PM

ok so here is the deal. i have been looking for 95-96 red/clears 4ever now, and finally found a pair on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33716

but getting them all done is a better idea so when you paint all 4 lights will be the same color. count me in, and did we get a price yet?
Old 05-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Lets get a GD on:
The All Clears tails (form the guy in australia) for +-$120

A GD on the Paint that we need to use in order to match the color.

How about that?
Old 05-28-2004, 03:00 PM
vsamoylov

yeah tell the guy in australia to make the inner and outer ataillights all clear and everybody wouldb e happy. and i am willing to pay more for the inner and outer all clears. everybody agree?

Old 05-28-2004, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by jkklim
Yeah I just did the same thing 2 days ago and it looks awesome, but for some reason I would still prefer real red/clears
Duuuuuuuuuude, how do i do this, I just picked up the can, it finally came in. Anyway, let me know the procedure so I can get this poppin off.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Certified Beast
Duuuuuuuuuude, how do i do this, I just picked up the can, it finally came in. Anyway, let me know the procedure so I can get this poppin off.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=294140
Old 05-30-2004, 08:29 PM

Hey I just had a idea, how about we send a letter asking every company we can find that makes tail light. asking them if they can make our red/clear ones.
today I have just sent a message to a company asking that, of course I'm not sure if the company actualy makes them of brings them from asia. the point is, if every company in the planet is aware that there are people in this world that want to have thir nissan maximas 95/96 with a pair of red/clears instead of red/amber the some one will eventualy make them.
now here is a copy of the letter I sent to a company, see if you guy like it, BTW you can copy and past it, change it, fix it, do whatever you want.
lets just try to get some were. "reach high for the stars, at least you will land somewhere among them" -> or something like that.

Hello,
My question is about a Nissan Maxima year 95/96.
I am looking to buy outer tail lights (part numbers 26550-40U27 and 26555-40U27).
I'm in fact curious to know, if your company would be able to make a modification on the colors that compose the tail. As of right now if you look at the taillight, you will see two sections top and bottom, amber and red respectively. My suggestion, is to make the amber part (top) clear, better and frosted clear, that would match the whole tail light assembly that is in fact made out of four section not just the two outer I have mention here.
I know this is very time consuming, and lots of effort from your workers to actually make this taillights. And I know this will eventually raise the price. But what I'm looking here is, Can you produce this taillight? If you cannot will you be able to point me in the correct direction for this.
This product won’t be make only for one person, rather for many consumers, a one time only, if you like.
I am currently a member of an Internet based Nissan Maxima fan club. "www.maxima.org” on the site we have group deals where many people pay as a together as a group and we are able to get products in a cheaper way, the Great thing about this "Group deals, is we get a lot of members to buy the product at the same time.
For example, usually 20-40 people join the Group deals and buy the product, and sometimes there are lucky deals that you can get over 250 people in the group deal. If you are curious about the site I suggest you log take a look at it. The group deal I say that got about 250 member was called "warpspeed Y-pipe GD" it cost each member $160 to get a brand new exhaust pipe, that would make our cars faster, the deal was divided in two groups. Now making calculations $160x250 members = $40,000.00 I know that the lucrative margin was very high. But I'm sure it made a lot of money and made 250 members happier, first, with their cars and second with the company that produced this pipe. I was one of these members. Now back to the taillights.
We have had no luck with getting our Nissan Maxima 95/96 with these "red/clear" tails for quite some time now, every year we try to get a company to try to do this deal, unfortunately the companies are unable to get correct matches to the colors. I can't tell you the reason because I honestly don't know.
This is a group conversation about our latest tentative of getting the taillights,
(http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=295175 )
The group deal for these tail lights should not be far from the "Y-pipe GD" it can probably generate more then 250 members to join.
I said it before and I will say it again, Can you produce this tail? And if not could you suggest another company that would be likely be able to. Any suggestions will be welcome.
I hope you are able to kindly respond to this e-mail.
Thank You,
G... Z.A.

Edit: I just took a second look at the letter I sent and noticed how it sounds very confusing . I'm sure there are better writers then me in this forum.
reasons:
1 I'm tired
2 I had a surgery yesterday and am still on pain madicine, that makes me see every thing funny
3 I'm a ESL student (English as Second Language)
4 I'm lazy when it comes to correct my won mistakes

Thanks you all
Old 05-31-2004, 12:16 AM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Originally Posted by MaximA VlaD
ok so here is the deal. i have been looking for 95-96 red/clears 4ever now, and finally found a pair on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33716

but getting them all done is a better idea so when you paint all 4 lights will be the same color. count me in, and did we get a price yet?
Too bad I missed it, that gave me a great idea, the all clear should look pretty good on a white Max without being painted, and legal with the correct color bulbs in it right? Is there a place to get the ones on the trunk clear as well? If so keep me in for a pair of the all clear if that is all you can get.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:07 PM

To clear things up with everyone. You will not find a company in the USA to create red/clears for our year cars for 2 reasons.

#!: Our year car is no longer manufactured so the number of 95/96 4th gen maximas is decreasing not increasing showing that less and less products will be bought for a 95/96 4th gen maxima.

#2: To create out lenses takes a process called injection molding which in the USA literally costs upwards of $100,000 to create a mold for that part. So in essence if a company was to create them they would have to overcharge big time, no one would buy them and they would lose out on money.

Anyway back to the taillights.
The guy is going to send me a sample of a frosted lens. Also he said that it is because of the dye that the lens becomes frosted so if they are all clear they would turn out as clear as glass. So I told him everyone will probably want all clear lenses for the inner and outer. So I am going to find out the new price and get back to you guys. When I have a final deal on what's going on I will create a new thread.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo1er
Too bad I missed it, that gave me a great idea, the all clear should look pretty good on a white Max without being painted, and legal with the correct color bulbs in it right? Is there a place to get the ones on the trunk clear as well? If so keep me in for a pair of the all clear if that is all you can get.

I saw that auction and thought a set of all clears would look really good smoked on my black max.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:45 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Is it $100K for some patent bs or what? This sux.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by broaner22
Is it $100K for some patent bs or what? This sux.

They aren't paying for a patent. That's just how much they charge to make the molds for the process. It does suck.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:33 PM

wow! lol never gonna happen the number one most sought after mod for the 95/96 haha im not sure if the red clears will be ought first or if halo2 will be out first hmmmmmm
Old 06-02-2004, 06:14 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by nismo_SHA
wow! lol never gonna happen the number one most sought after mod for the 95/96 haha im not sure if the red clears will be ought first or if halo2 will be out first hmmmmmm

Is this English?
Old 06-02-2004, 08:26 AM

What are you talking about? Creating a part or even reproducing takes A LOT of work. These are going to come out but it's not going to be over night. This whole process will probably take anywhere from 3-6 months. Depending on how hard they work on this project.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:18 PM

ok so is this supplier who we sighned up for going to actually come through or not?
Old 06-02-2004, 05:25 PM

to produce new lens?!?!?!?!?!?! is this what the guy in australia just did (the all clears.)?????
the guy in australia didn't charge us 100k ?????
Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 PM

dude hacim you have no idea what im even talking about....the 95/96 red/clears have been trying to get made for almost a decade...i referenced that information when i made the obervation that this mod is the most sought after please dont get your pantys in a not
Old 06-05-2004, 02:11 PM

we need a straight answer here:
how much longer is this going to take? heck, how much longer do we have to wait for even a picture of these things?
Old 06-05-2004, 04:43 PM

just get the stillen ones..they have them for sale and they are REAL...they actually exist....no offense hacim...
Old 06-05-2004, 07:49 PM

just get the stillen ones..they have them for sale and they are REAL...they actually exist....no offense hacim...
They do not exist, stillen just hasnt properly updated their site. Dont you think if they were actually being sold by stillen ALOT more people would have red/clears? If they did sell them this thread would have never been started in the 1st place....

Anyway, heres a reference link if anybody wanted to know

http://stillen.com/Sportscars_detail...id=6419&page=1
Old 06-06-2004, 03:57 PM
2060lbs and falling...

nismo_SHA, you have terrible grammar and spelling. I know others do also but... Updates please. Who made the CF trunklid so I can start checking it out?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:05 PM

I just think it is hilarious that there are 10 pages in this thread and nothing happening. ha ha
Old 06-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
I just think it is hilarious that there are 10 pages in this thread and nothing happening. ha ha

Why is that funny? You guys are really pssing me off.

"So is this going to happen or not?"
"This has been attempted a million times, it will never happen"
"How much longer is this going to take?"
Etc., etc.

I don't see any of you contacting manufacturers to make these highly desired lights, sending your own lights in for the prototypes, spending the time and effort to go back and forth with the manufacturer, keep the org updated, etc., etc. How about thanking the poor kid for even trying?! Instead of bashing him/his thread. Wether it goes through or not, my hat is off to hacim for even trying and putting in the effort. If they become available, many people will be stoked, if they don't, then who cares?! No harm done. We are no worse off then we were before hacim gave it a good shot.

Anyway, I would personally like to thank you hacim and just forget what these other negative-nancy's say.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:53 PM

Very, very good point made! Thank you hacim for your efforts!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:35 PM

You are absolutely 100% correct! thanks Hacim for your effort!
Old 06-10-2004, 04:52 AM

hacim105 Rulesssss!!!!!! thank you for your effort

now this is for all others that have complained. a slap on the back of your head.

Quick Reply: 95/96 red/clears