Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Ok....who wants another group deal on the Viper 791XV alarms

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by studman
Ok... some common misconceptions have been made about the alarm and integration into a manual transmission. Also, some people, including installers, are telling people to wire up their cars using a jumper wire on the clutch wire. This is wrong. So I'm here to help show you how it should be done properly.

First, for the remote start, you'll need to check the ESM for your car. Not the Chiltons or Haynes manual, but the true Nissan ESM. Look in the transmission section of the ESM for a PNP wire. That stands for "Park-Neutral Position". That wire attaches to the transmission on one end, and the ECU on the other end. For the 5th gens, it's pin #44 at the ECU. Keep reading in the ESM about this wire, and you should find that it shows ground when the shifter is in neutral, but should show either +5v or +12v when the car is in gear. You can tap this wire and diode isolate the tapped wire. Then hook the tapped wire up to the toggle switch for the remote start. Using this method, your car will not start when it is in gear, because the alarm never recieves a ground signal from the toggle switch wire. I have tested this setup extensively, and even have it operational on my car.

Secondly, the clutch bypass should NEVER be done using a jumper wire. This is defeating the purpose of pressing the clutch. When you use a clutch jumper wire, you can start the car without pressing the clutch ANYTIME, even when not remote starting the car. This is dangerous if someone else drives your car and forgets that it's a manual. They start the car without pressing the clutch and boom... the car jumps.

The PROPER way to wire up the clutch bypass is to hook up a relay (pin 85) to the "(-) status output wire", which for the Viper 791XV is the "H3/1 Blue/White" wire. Connect the relay's (pin 86) to a fused, +12v source. Hook up pin 30 to one of the 2 wires connected to the clutch assembly. Hook up pin 87 to the other clutch wire.

When the alarm activates, it'll send out a ground signal on the "(-) status output" wire. This should energize the relay and allow the clutch wire to be "jumpered" during the remote start running period. When the remote start is not used, the relay won't be energized, so you'll still have to press the clutch pedal down.

While this is obviously alot more work, it IS one of the proper ways to bypass the clutch during the remote start.

And for those who care, I'm installing one about 2 weeks from now on a 5th gen. I plan on doing a full write-up, including pictures, wire colors, etc. The vehicle is an automatic, but I'll provide diagrams on how to bypass the clutch as described above.

I'll post a thread in the 5th gen forum as well as the audio/electronics forum when the install is completed.
maybe my install shop to do it..
Old 05-07-2004, 10:55 AM

so whats the update on the shipping and stuff. Shure would appreciate it thanks.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:46 PM

Alex, sent you another payment for a second unit and second 555u module! Does that make 30?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2004, 07:45 PM

Good info studman. I have never heard of doing that method, but it sounds like a really good way to do it. The way I heard about the jumper method is from my ex-boss who was an alarm guru. He was amazing at alarms. I am suprised he didn't know about and/or mention this to me. I was doing the remote start on my sister's car and the jumper way was the only way he mentioned that it could be done. You are right about the dangers of using a jumper. It definately isn't a very good option. I look forward to the write up too. I will definately be trying my 791 your way.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:36 AM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

any update alex?? did all 30 paid?? are you starting to ship??

-J
Old 05-10-2004, 10:37 AM

Alex, have these been shipped yet? And also do we need to buy window roll down thingies and trunk thingies (i forgot the technical word )
Old 05-10-2004, 10:54 AM

Sorry Alex, I'm still interested in getting one..is it too late to get one still?
Old 05-10-2004, 04:21 PM

Hey guys sorry to ***** up the thread. This guy who seems like quality installer quoted me this price on my car, which already has stock trunk pop button and window rolldown on remote. Is this a legitamate quote? I was under the impression that it would be just plug and play?

From the description of your car and alarm, it sounds like your estimate would be something like:

Basic alarm installation - $100
Trunk release - $50 (most Nissans are mechanical releases)
4 window roll up and down - $100
Total - $250
Old 05-10-2004, 04:34 PM

to late to pay?
Old 05-10-2004, 06:57 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by image
Hey guys sorry to ***** up the thread. This guy who seems like quality installer quoted me this price on my car, which already has stock trunk pop button and window rolldown on remote. Is this a legitamate quote? I was under the impression that it would be just plug and play?

From the description of your car and alarm, it sounds like your estimate would be something like:

Basic alarm installation - $100
Trunk release - $50 (most Nissans are mechanical releases)
4 window roll up and down - $100
Total - $250

Decent price and about average. Of course he doesnt know the Maxima very well has 95% of them have a power trunk release. You may want to inform him of that as well as him needing the use of a relay for it. Window price is Great IF hes including the modules neede to complete the task. If not then again a fair price. All in all final verdict would depend on his actual work.

--Don
Old 05-10-2004, 08:24 PM

No tracking # yet. Dont mean to be pushy sorry.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Hella internets

Im interested in this.. when does it start? i will have the money by the end of the month
Old 05-11-2004, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Decent price and about average. Of course he doesnt know the Maxima very well has 95% of them have a power trunk release. You may want to inform him of that as well as him needing the use of a relay for it. Window price is Great IF hes including the modules neede to complete the task. If not then again a fair price. All in all final verdict would depend on his actual work.

--Don
I have informed him about the power trunk. Im awaiting a email back from him. I also informed him that I want to add a siren to my interior (so if someone tries to steal my car, the siren will be so damn loud, they wont be able to stand it) and a radar sensor, which will work out better than glass sensors.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by XeroX
Im interested in this.. when does it start? i will have the money by the end of the month
Its over. We are waiting for the alarms to be shipped.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:38 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by image
I have informed him about the power trunk. Im awaiting a email back from him. I also informed him that I want to add a siren to my interior (so if someone tries to steal my car, the siren will be so damn loud, they wont be able to stand it) and a radar sensor, which will work out better than glass sensors.

The "radar" sensor would be P/N 508D, if that helps ya.

--don
Old 05-11-2004, 12:16 PM

WTF refund? Common dont do that! there is more people who posted today and want in on it. DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

We need someone else and/or another GD on this. Way too much interest.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

To everyone:

After recounting, there was only 26 people paid (sorry, I'm a gimp when it comes to Paypal). At this point in time, the seller who was supplying us with the alarms got ****ed off, and backed out. I am sorry that the deal couldn't go thru, but everyone has been refunded.

On another note, please do not call SWA since I have resigned from there as of last week. If you need me, please call my cell directly at 602-410-5696. If you need to get in touch with me via e-mail, I just fixed my e-mail server, and can be reached via

ajovicich@jgsites.com

Thanks everyone
Alex
Old 05-11-2004, 12:40 PM

this is fuking bull ****. I really looked fwd to this GD. I already bought my sensor and etc.. PEOPLE NEED TO PAY WHEN THEY SAY THEY WANT IN ON THE GROUP DEAL. ****ING DEADBEATS WHO DONT PAY. IT DOESNT MAKE IT FAIR FOR THE REST OF US. THANKS FOR WAISTING MY ****ING TIME NON-PAYERS!!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Max8MyCash
To everyone:

After recounting, there was only 26 people paid (sorry, I'm a gimp when it comes to Paypal). At this point in time, the seller who was supplying us with the alarms got ****ed off, and backed out. I am sorry that the deal couldn't go thru, but everyone has been refunded.

On another note, please do not call SWA since I have resigned from there as of last week. If you need me, please call my cell directly at 602-410-5696. If you need to get in touch with me via e-mail, I just fixed my e-mail server, and can be reached via

ajovicich@jgsites.com

Thanks everyone
Alex
u resigned? whatsup with that? 4 people.. what a dik, he couldnt even let u get 4 people, thats easy. Do you think we can try to pull together another one for the same price? Btw, whats the suppliers name, I would like to write him a nasty email.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:15 PM

Yes, I resigned, since I am a shareholder in the corporation, however, my personal life has suffered over the last five years of me running SWA, so I decided that a mental break, and physical time-out was necessary. I've been sicker than a dog for last six months, all due to stress, and I REFUSE to die from a heart attack at the age of 26. So, I decided to resign to regain some strenght for the rest of my life.

As for the supplier, as I told Albert and Steve (thanks guys for calling me), is ****ed, and isn't even returning my phone calls. And, since it was his stipulations I was working under, I presume he will not be of any help.

If you guys need me, e-mail works perfect (now), so e-mail away
ajovicich@jgsites.com

Thanks
Alex
Old 05-11-2004, 01:18 PM

And feel free to call me if you need to as well.

Alex
Old 05-11-2004, 01:21 PM

Im sorry to hear that you resigned. But, hey too much stress= no bieno. I understand where you are coming from. Now on the alarm subject, Alex, can you negotiate a truths with this guy to give us one more shot (No pun intented)? Or did we shoot ourselves in the foot on this one? Do you have anyone who can give us a similiar deal. I dont know about everyone else but, ive seen similiar prices on ebay for about 20-30 bux more and im scared to buy it through them. The only reason i got it through you is because i know you, and your word is as strong as a contract on the warranty aspect of it.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:30 PM

yeah we should def try this again in the near future!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:32 PM

Well, here was the situation. I think (I think.....) that he probably thinks that this group wasn't serious enough to get this taken care of in time. So he felt that I (and now all of us together) wasted his time. I didn't want to hold on to people's money, because some people don't know me and don't know what I stand for. So, in that case, if you guys truly want, I do have some free time, and wouldn't mind talking to a few other suppliers in the area (if you guys want to wait), and see if we can get this rolling. In the mean time, I didn't want people to stress over their money, so I refunded it back to everyone, just so they know that we couldn't get the deal done. No harm, no foul, just no alarms for any of us (including two for me)..... You guys and gals let me know.
Thanks
Alex
Old 05-11-2004, 01:33 PM

Well that suks dont it damm this suks. Oh well
Old 05-11-2004, 01:37 PM

Taylor, I presented to you an idea, let me know what you all think.
Alex
Old 05-11-2004, 01:39 PM

Lets try to get back in the game. Lets find another supplier. I dont have any hookups. Alex, that would be great if you could find another supplier. And for a future reference on the GD, have them pay when the want in and keep a list. I would of minded paying $210 for not have 4 people... I wish he didnt dog us like that. I'd appreciate it if you would leave me his website, so I know not to give business to someone like that. Havign a good business reflects ownership, patience, responsibility, and self discipline. Obviously, this guy who was giving us the hook-up did not have any of these.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:42 PM

I can't reveal the primary source in the first place, but trust me, I will even out the score with him later....however, I have e-mailed 4 other suppliers, and told them that we are a group that's ready to buy (my car has had two attempts of getting broken into), and I am NOT willing to risk it any longer.

Alex
Old 05-11-2004, 01:44 PM

A reply has been sent to your email alex.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:45 PM

I can't reveal the primary source in the first place, but trust me, I will even out the score with him later....however, I have e-mailed 4 other suppliers, and told them that we are a group that's ready to buy (my car has had two attempts of getting broken into), and I am NOT willing to risk it any longer.

Alex
lol I hope you do. I wish we could backlist him. hehe

Primary Supplier =

w00t!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:19 PM

That's too bad what happened. I thought I missed out on the first time, I guess this would be my second chance. But if this GD goes through again, definately count me in. -->#27
Old 05-11-2004, 02:25 PM

I am waiting for response from four different people that are good leads to get some good pricing. I need to find someone who can work with us (me and you all) in terms of payment flexibility (time wise) so we aren't rushed for payment. The first guy has been e-Owned....he just missed out on at least 6K in business for being an *******....
Old 05-11-2004, 02:31 PM

hey alex i jsut called you but no answer...and i left a messege....i want to know how im goign to get the other money refunded that i sent you throguht money order...please let me kow
thank you
-J
Old 05-11-2004, 02:45 PM

Got your message. Called you back.. See, easy communication works well....again, if you guys need to talk, my e-mail is open any time
to

ajovicich@jgsites.com
Old 05-11-2004, 02:52 PM

damn Alex, sorry to here about ur resignation but its good that u get to rest. especially if u been sick for 6 months !! yet u've already got in contact wit 4 suppliers so I aint givin up hope yet. good to here ur still down wit the GD thing even tho u not wit SWA anymore.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:56 PM

Well, like I said before, I did this group deal so I can get a great deal as well, hence why I didn't run it as an SWA GD. You won't see me doing any group deals besides trying to get this one done any more....you guys always know, that if you need somewhere to go....Steve at SWA will ALWAYS take care of you guys, so call and bug him to your heart's desire (sorry Steve)....as for me, I am buying another Maxima, so I can go back to enjoying my hobby once again....
Old 05-11-2004, 03:03 PM

Well, like I said before, I did this group deal so I can get a great deal as well, hence why I didn't run it as an SWA GD. You won't see me doing any group deals besides trying to get this one done any more....you guys always know, that if you need somewhere to go....Steve at SWA will ALWAYS take care of you guys, so call and bug him to your heart's desire (sorry Steve)....as for me, I am buying another Maxima, so I can go back to enjoying my hobby once again....
yes i love when people come back to the maxima community...1st cwally nwo you
-J
Old 05-11-2004, 03:06 PM

Thanks J
Alex
Old 05-11-2004, 03:26 PM

yeah, actually it's aight that this will take some more time cuz, i got 1, maybe 2 more ppl that can get down with this by the end of the week

Quick Reply: Ok....who wants another group deal on the Viper 791XV alarms