Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants-Dealer Cost

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants-Dealer Cost

GD: Get your car ready for Fall and beat the 1 Oct AMSOIL price increase. Increased costs for raw materials, packaging and transportation has caused AMSOIL to raise their prices 3-5% effective 1 Oct 04...this is the first AMSOIL price increase in several years. Order this month and save.

As always, I sell to our members for Dealer Cost (~25% discount)...over the past couple years I have saved our members a lot of money. Current price examples: AMSOIL 5w-30/10w-30 $52.20/case ($69 retail); AMSOIL Series 2000 0w-30 $73.80/case ($99 retail); AMSOIL ATF $67.20/case ($92.40 retail); SDF-13 oil filter $10.30 ($13.55 retail); SDF-20 oil filter $8.80 ($11.55 retail);TS-74 Air Filter $24.30 ($32.30 retail), complete line of AMSOIL Gear oils, including hard to find GL-4. A "Case" as used in this example consists of 12 quarts. Individual quarts and gallon containers available at similar savings. Prices plus applicable sales tax and shipping...shipping charges for a case of oil typically cost $8.25. I have all products shipped directly from the AMSOIL Product Center nearest you...this assures you of the freshest products, widest selection, quick delivery and it essentially cuts shipping costs in half.

Outstanding, personal service; excellent feedback/references. Please contact me directly at eander2585@aol.com or send PM for additional information and/or discount price quote. PayPal & major credit cards accepted. For a free retail catalog, visit my website at www.lubedealer.com/lonestarlubes
Old 09-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hmm... I could do with 5qt of manual tranny fluid, but not a whole case.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:57 PM

im Interested n changing my motor oil and transmission fuild GL-4 right? i guess i also need filters? let me know how much it will be thank you

Peter
Old 09-07-2004, 06:00 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

Bought 2 cases. Great seller. Free bump
Old 09-07-2004, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by brianw
Hmm... I could do with 5qt of manual tranny fluid, but not a whole case.
Not a problem...which gear oil are you interested in? Choices as follows: 80w-90 GL-4; 75w-90 or 80w-90 GL-2 thru GL-5; or Series 2000 75w-90 GL2 thru GL-5.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by mAxPwEr4Us
im Interested n changing my motor oil and transmission fuild GL-4 right? i guess i also need filters? let me know how much it will be thank you

Peter
Sent you a PM with the details...
Old 09-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Blu
the tits

Hey Ed Im in need of another case of 5w-30. Contact me please
Old 09-09-2004, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Hey Ed Im in need of another case of 5w-30. Contact me please
You're going to have to send your contact info to me again. A case of AMSOIL 5w-30 with your sales tax and shipping to NC comes to $65.69, a savings of $16.80 compared to retail. Your oil will be shipped from just up the road in Richmond, so delivery will be within a day or two.

Pls send me a PM with your contact info and we'll get it taken care of...thx, ed
Old 09-10-2004, 09:56 AM

how much is in a case? 12 quarts?

Is that enough for a ATF flush?
Old 09-10-2004, 05:09 PM

5qt of 75W90 GL-4. I'm using Redline MT-90 right now since it doesn't freeze where I live, but if I can get Amsoil cheap enough I'd be interested-- and dealer prices look cheap enough.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by aussie983
how much is in a case? 12 quarts?

Is that enough for a ATF flush?
Yes, 12 quarts in a case. Since your transmission holds ~10.5 quarts, 12 should be enough; however, the total amount you use will depend on how much fluid you run through the system. ed
Old 09-10-2004, 11:07 PM

I'm currently using synthetic Mobil 1 5w-30 and am considering switching to Amsoil Series 2000 0w-30. How would you compare the two?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by 03BlkSETE
I'm currently using synthetic Mobil 1 5w-30 and am considering switching to Amsoil Series 2000 0w-30. How would you compare the two?
I really don't want to use this forum to open a potentially huge debate about which product is the better of the two...I'm not out to convert anyone who is happy with their current choice of lubricant(s). Mobil 1 is a good product...I have personally used it in the past and many of our members use it and are very happy with it. Mobil 1 is also readily available in most discount parts and department stores. However, I firmly believe AMSOIL products are generally superior in quality. AMSOIL has recently published literature comparing their products to Mobil 1 and others, and the results are very enlightening. I believe I have this publication in electronic form and would be happy to share it with you if you send me your e-mail address. AMSOIL also prints test data right on the labels of many of their products, comparing AMSOIL products to Mobil 1 and others...to the best of my knowledge, none of their competitors have sued them for misrepresenting the facts. I literally support hundreds of vehicles with oil...many customers have switched from Mobil 1 to AMSOIL and without comparing numbers, etc, they universally report that their engines run smoother and quieter with AMSOIL. I personally use AMSOIL Series 2000 0w-30 engine oil, AMSOIL filters and AMSOIL ATF in my transmission and power steering in my '98 SE...I commute ~65 miles/day, 75 mph or more in south-TX heat...I have had absolutely no mechanical problems, my car does not use a drop of oil, I've been getting 27-28 mpg, and my tailpipe is perfectly clean. As they say, "that's my story and I'm sticking to it" :>) ed
Old 09-12-2004, 11:17 AM

I have heard about a Amsoil Engine Flush do you carry this product if so what price am i looking at?

JP
Old 09-12-2004, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I need a quote for one case of Series 2000 0W-30 and one case of synthetic ATF. Zip code is 07748. Also, what is your paypal address?
Thanks

Joe

Originally Posted by talkinghorse
I really don't want to use this forum to open a potentially huge debate about which product is the better of the two...I'm not out to convert anyone who is happy with their current choice of lubricant(s). Mobil 1 is a good product...I have personally used it in the past and many of our members use it and are very happy with it. Mobil 1 is also readily available in most discount parts and department stores. However, I firmly believe AMSOIL products are generally superior in quality. AMSOIL has recently published literature comparing their products to Mobil 1 and others, and the results are very enlightening. I believe I have this publication in electronic form and would be happy to share it with you if you send me your e-mail address. AMSOIL also prints test data right on the labels of many of their products, comparing AMSOIL products to Mobil 1 and others...to the best of my knowledge, none of their competitors have sued them for misrepresenting the facts. I literally support hundreds of vehicles with oil...many customers have switched from Mobil 1 to AMSOIL and without comparing numbers, etc, they universally report that their engines run smoother and quieter with AMSOIL. I personally use AMSOIL Series 2000 0w-30 engine oil, AMSOIL filters and AMSOIL ATF in my transmission and power steering in my '98 SE...I commute ~65 miles/day, 75 mph or more in south-TX heat...I have had absolutely no mechanical problems, my car does not use a drop of oil, I've been getting 27-28 mpg, and my tailpipe is perfectly clean. As they say, "that's my story and I'm sticking to it" :>) ed
Old 09-12-2004, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedCrazie
I have heard about a Amsoil Engine Flush do you carry this product if so what price am i looking at?

JP
I have all products shipped directly from your nearest AMSOIL Product Center, so I have direct access to all products, factory fresh. My cost on the engine flush is $3.45 ($4.75 retail). However, the problem with small orders like this is that the shipping will cost you more than the price of the product. For example, the cost to ship one can of flush is $5.45 ! However, if you were to combine it with a case of oil, the cost to ship the flush would only be 36 cents. I'll help you the best I can, but the shipping on small orders is prohibitive... ed
Old 09-12-2004, 02:04 PM

Thanks for the reply. I need a quote for one case of Series 2000 0W-30 and one case of synthetic ATF. Zip code is 07748. Also, what is your paypal address?
Thanks

Joe
Sent you a PM with all the details...let me know if I can help. thx, ed
Old 09-12-2004, 07:24 PM

just wondering what is this amsoil lubricant for? im interested if I actually know what it is. sorry ive been on the org so long and still never find out what is actually is...
Old 09-12-2004, 10:52 PM

i used amsoil ATF, and the stuff is truely good. had i known about the GD, i would have went this route. i found out amsoil is truel 100% synthetic, as opposed to the mobil 1 which is 80% synthetic. they had the rules changed to have 80% synthetic = fully synthetic, which is why they advertise fully synthetic. next oil change, im going to the amsoil 5w-30, and dropping mobil one. is this GD only available til the end of Sept?
Old 09-13-2004, 08:51 AM

Do you carry amsoil filters for the 2k3 maximas?
Old 09-13-2004, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by maximo-SE
just wondering what is this amsoil lubricant for? im interested if I actually know what it is. sorry ive been on the org so long and still never find out what is actually is...
Premium synthetic (not refined from crude oil) motor oil, transmission fluid and other lubricants for automotive and industrial use.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by eckohb
i used amsoil ATF, and the stuff is truely good. had i known about the GD, i would have went this route. i found out amsoil is truel 100% synthetic, as opposed to the mobil 1 which is 80% synthetic. they had the rules changed to have 80% synthetic = fully synthetic, which is why they advertise fully synthetic. next oil change, im going to the amsoil 5w-30, and dropping mobil one. is this GD only available til the end of Sept?
This GD doesn't expire...I've been passing AMSOIL products on to our members for cost for as long as I've been a member, and I'll continue to do so for the foreseeable future. You'll still be able to buy for cost and save ~25% compared to retail. However, effective 1 Oct AMSOIL is raising their prices slightly (first price increase in several years) to cover increased costs...so it will cost you a little more after that time. Hope this answers your question. ed
Old 09-13-2004, 05:36 PM

Do you carry amsoil filters for the 2k3 maximas?
Yes. AMSOIL recommends the SDF-13 for your application. Not trying to sell you something, but if you're interested in a filter, please consider combining it with a case of oil, or the shipping will be prohibitive.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:08 PM

Sent you a PM with all the details...let me know if I can help. thx, ed
Thanks for the info and price quote. Money has been sent via paypal.

Joe
Old 09-14-2004, 11:59 AM

how much is the SDF-13 filters? Ill consider the case of fluids if the price is right on the filters. thanks a lot for replying though.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:20 PM

Joe
Got it! Will place your order first thing Wed morning...it should be shipped from Lancaster the same day, so you should have it by the end of the week. AMSOIL will send me an e-mail when the oil is shipped. The notification will contain the UPS tracking number, and scheduled day of delivery. Will forward it to you so you will know when to expect the package. thx. ed
Old 09-14-2004, 05:26 PM

how much is the SDF-13 filters? Ill consider the case of fluids if the price is right on the filters. thanks a lot for replying though.
The SDF-13 filters cost $10.30 each ($13.55 retail). Shipping is based on the weight, and shipping weight on the filters is 1-pound each. The lowest weight category is 1 - 3 pounds for $5.45. Therefore, you can get up to 3 filters for the same shipping charge of $5.45. However, if you purchase a filter with a case of oil, shipping on the filters works out to be 33 cents each.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:36 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Could you give me price for a case of synthetic oil (5w/30) to 68521?

thanks a mil.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maxmus_X

thanks a mil.
I'm not ignoring your e-mails...I replied last night then again this evening. I don't understand why you are not receiving them. Anyway, I just sent you a PM with all the details. Let me know if you have any additonal questions. thx, ed
Old 09-14-2004, 10:01 PM

alright ed, i would need a case of the 5w-30 shipped to 02118 in Boston. can you pm me the price.

also before you do that , can you tell me how many quarts of AMSOIL ATF do i need when i need to change it. (also... can this be done by yourself, and when do i actually change this fluid?) I do have an automatic.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:15 PM

alright ed, i would need a case of the 5w-30 shipped to 02118 in Boston. can you pm me the price.

also before you do that , can you tell me how many quarts of AMSOIL ATF do i need when i need to change it. (also... can this be done by yourself, and when do i actually change this fluid?) I do have an automatic.
READ POST #11

Yes it can be done yourself. Goto the fluids and lubricants section for more info.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:39 PM

Sent you a PM with the details on the oil, as requested.

There are a few different ways to change your ATF and the process you use will determine how much fluid you will need. A simple drain and refill will require 6 qts to be safe...I normally get anywhere from 4.5 to 5.5 qts out of the cars when I use this process. Any left-over fluid can be used in your power steering reservoir. If you do the flush-at-home method, you will probably need a case...the amount you need will depend on the amount you run through the system, but a case of 12 will give you enough to do a thorough job. You can also have it done by a shop, and they will generally require a case to flush it.

Not sure what you mean with your question concerning "when you do I actually change this fluid?" You can change to synthetic any time (I changed mine out when the car turned 1,000 miles). Concerning the longevity of the AMSOIL fluid, AMSOIL ATF will provide up to three times the service life of petroleum ATF. The fluid is reported to make transmissions run considerably cooler, increasing the longevity of both the fluid and the trransmission, plus it resists breakdown much longer than petroleum fluid does.

I do the drain and refill method on my car...I did it a few times in succession when the car was new in order to increase the concentration of AMSOIL in the system...I've continued to do a drain/refill every 30K. It's very quick and easy, and I normally do it in conjunction with an oil change. This is probably overkill as the fluid that comes out of it looks about as good as the new stuff going in...the used fluid is red, completely free of visible wear particles, and I can see through the stream of fluid as it is draining from the car...I rationalize it as the cost of 5 qts of ATF every couple years is nothing compared to the price of a transmission. It's really good stuff.

Let me know what you decide... thx, ed
Old 09-15-2004, 07:00 PM

Joe
I placed your order this morning and it was shipped today. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Thursday, 16 Sep. Pls let me know when it arrives. I think you will be very happy with the products...pls let me know if I can be of further assistance. thx, ed
Old 09-18-2004, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Maxmus_X

thanks a mil.

Your oil has been shipped ...sent you a PM with the UPS tracking number, etc. Pls let me know when it arrives. thx, ed
Old 09-18-2004, 06:47 AM

Ed,
Payment sent for 1 case of ATF fluid. Let me know!

Andy
Old 09-18-2004, 10:49 AM

I placed your order this morning and it was shipped today. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Thursday, 16 Sep. Pls let me know when it arrives. I think you will be very happy with the products...pls let me know if I can be of further assistance. thx, ed
Shipment arrived on Thursday. Thanks.

joe
Old 09-18-2004, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew
Ed,
Payment sent for 1 case of ATF fluid. Let me know!

Andy
Got it! Will phone it in Monday morning...you could receive it as quickly as Tuesday. Will send you notification (UPS tracking number, etc) when it is shipped. thx, ed
Old 09-20-2004, 04:53 AM
Blu
the tits

Recieved my order Thursday....another flawless and fast transaction through Ed. Thanks again...

Matt
Old 09-20-2004, 02:06 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Ed,

received my case of oil today, thanks again for everything. Will do business with you again.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:17 PM

Eduardo,

Got my ATF case today. Holy crap batman, that was fast! Placed order on MOnday, shipped monday got it Tuesday today. You are the man dude!

Andy