Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Cattman Performance Annual Exhaust Sale - Y-pipes, FastCats and Catbacks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any discount on a complete exhaust system for a 98 (my stock pipes are rusting, and my cat is almost clogged)? If so, can you give me a shipping estimate as well?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by gyrostylez
Any discount on a complete exhaust system for a 98 (my stock pipes are rusting, and my cat is almost clogged)? If so, can you give me a shipping estimate as well?

When the exhaust parts aren't on sale we do provide a discount for complete systems (headers or y-pipe, plus cat and catback), but at these prices there are no additional discounts.

Look at it this way - retail price for Y+cat+catback is $1200. With a 5% full-system discount that goes down to $1140, but at these sale prices it totals $1034. We only do this once a year, and the prices don't get any better than that.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Ford Only.

I just ordered my catback yesterday. I cannot wait to get it. From what I hear it is the highest quality one made. I also like the stealth factor.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 AM

If I order now, when will your cali spec 00 maxima y pipes be ready?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Santa29
If I order now, when will your cali spec 00 maxima y pipes be ready?

I expect to have more available next week. We were waiting on the machining of some of the subcomponents, but that's done now and its a simple matter to get more welded up for next week. At that point all of the Cattman y-pipe applications will be in stock.

We've still got plenty of catback exhausts for 00-06 Maximas and will have more of the 95-99 exhaust right after the new year (but order before 31 December to get the sale price).

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can I get a quote for a complete system for an '01 cali spec shipped to 94122? Thanks.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:57 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate

Ok Brian,

This is gonna most likely be a stupid question, but my momma always taught me the stupid question is the one never asked, so here goes:

If I want the full Cattman cat back and FastCat and I go with different headers then yours, is that ok, or in other words, will it all fit fine? I believe your headers comes with a y pipe, if Im not mistaken, not sure if the "other" does or not, so maybe I dont need it? Maybe some of you other guys can help me here? Im not trying to get away from the company that is having this group deal so lets not turn this into a "header" discussion, I just want to know if it would work ok with headers other then Cattmans, cuz I have no clue when it comes to this. Sorry about the stupidity if that is what it is.Thanks.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by dmontzsta
Also, do you accept the 10% discount coupon I won at the MCC meet a while back.

Thanks.
I was wondering this also. You probably got it at the same time I have my $100 off coupon that I got at Fudruckers.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Terence
Can I get a quote for a complete system for an '01 cali spec shipped to 94122? Thanks.
Shipping will be $43.02 for the two large exhaust boxes, for a total of $583.02. We have these in stock, ready to ship.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Snolife
I was wondering this also. You probably got it at the same time I have my $100 off coupon that I got at Fudruckers.

The discount coupons can only be applied to retail prices, and you'll want to make sure that is not expired.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Ok Brian,

This is gonna most likely be a stupid question, but my momma always taught me the stupid question is the one never asked, so here goes:

If I want the full Cattman cat back and FastCat and I go with different headers then yours, is that ok, or in other words, will it all fit fine? I believe your headers comes with a y pipe, if Im not mistaken, not sure if the "other" does or not, so maybe I dont need it? Maybe some of you other guys can help me here? Im not trying to get away from the company that is having this group deal so lets not turn this into a "header" discussion, I just want to know if it would work ok with headers other then Cattmans, cuz I have no clue when it comes to this. Sorry about the stupidity if that is what it is.Thanks.

As long as the headers include a y-pipe, it SHOULD end at the same place (in 3D space) as the stock y-pipe, since it has to bolt to the catalytic converter in the same position that the stock y-pipe does.

I can't guarantee that the back flange of any another brand of header will be in the exact position it needs to be, but there plenty of Maximas out there with our catback exhaust coupled with other brands of y-pipes and headers.

Its not a stupid question - you would be stupid to spend almost $800 without being confident that you have all the answers you need. All of that said, don't do anything rash - let's talk about headers when you call in your order.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Z

Any word on when the CA Spec Y-Pipes will return?
Old 12-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Any word on when the CA Spec Y-Pipes will return?
I should have some later this week. Remember, all orders received before 31 December will get the sale prices, even if we're backordered on the part.

We'll be open again tomorrow morning (Tuesday) at 10am MST.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hi Brian,

I'm a newbie on these forums and I have a non-modded '95 SE which is my family car and we live in the city, so I'm concerned as to whether the Cattman components will make my car stand out too much on the streets (where I park). Since I have to replace the exhaust system anyway, I would like to put in something with a little more bang for my buck, without making the car attract more attention.

Also, I know from talking with my mechanic a couple months ago that I need a new intermediate pipe and a new muffler (both are original). Which parts would I need if I order from you? I think Catback and Y-pipe.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Hi Mike,

We hear from a lot of owners like you who realize that they can replace their rotted out original parts with the highest quality performance exhaust for substantially less than a Nissan stock replacement. Knowing that it will be louder than stock, the next question is "how much".

Noise is a very subjective thing and I can't tell someone that an intake or exhaust part will or won't be too loud for them. But I can say that our catback exhaust is not obnoxiously loud under partial throttle, and it is quieter than any of the aftermarket catback exhausts for the 95-03 Maxima (that actually make power). The Cattman catback exhaust is particularly effective at keeping the volume down when a performance y-pipe or header set is involved.

Your mechanic may only be talking about a catback because the stock catback is made up fron two parts - the intermediate pipe (also referred to as the mid-pipe or b-pipe) and the muffler.

Its also possible that your stock y-pipe is rusting out and needs replacement, but whether you replace the y-pipe because you have to, or choose to, you'll be impressed and pleased with the performance difference because a Cattman y-pipe will make almost twice the power as a catback exhaust on your car.

We're helpful to a lot of early-stage Maxima enthusiasts, give us a call if you'd like to place an order or go over any questions so you can be confident about your decision. 800.759.9920 to order or 520.575.6195 to chat and/or order, we're open 10-5 MST with possibly shorter hours this coming Friday (and that's the end of the exhaust sale).

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Originally Posted by mikeg75
Hi Brian,

I'm a newbie on these forums and I have a non-modded '95 SE which is my family car and we live in the city, so I'm concerned as to whether the Cattman components will make my car stand out too much on the streets (where I park). Since I have to replace the exhaust system anyway, I would like to put in something with a little more bang for my buck, without making the car attract more attention.

Also, I know from talking with my mechanic a couple months ago that I need a new intermediate pipe and a new muffler (both are original). Which parts would I need if I order from you? I think Catback and Y-pipe.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:38 AM

I just want to chime in and say that I have the entire exhaust system (from headers to catback) from Cattman and that the sound is indeed quite subdued at low RPMs. A stock looking max even with the entire system can easily pass for a 100% stock car when driven normally. It does not attract attention, and I've had quite a few people actually ask me if my car was stock. Cops will probably never harass you if you don't rice the car out with appearance mods. Keep it understated.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cattman
As long as the headers include a y-pipe, it SHOULD end at the same place (in 3D space) as the stock y-pipe, since it has to bolt to the catalytic converter in the same position that the stock y-pipe does.

I can't guarantee that the back flange of any another brand of header will be in the exact position it needs to be, but there plenty of Maximas out there with our catback exhaust coupled with other brands of y-pipes and headers.

Its not a stupid question - you would be stupid to spend almost $800 without being confident that you have all the answers you need. All of that said, don't do anything rash - let's talk about headers when you call in your order.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Ok. What if I just go with the full cattback exhaust and later with the headers? $800 is gonna be hard at the moment. Will have to work on that part later. Does the full cattback come with a y pipe, I think it does, and when I decide to get the headers, what then? Will the stock headers be ok with the rest of the full cattback? Is the FastCat included with the full cattback or is it $539+$199? sorry for all the questions. I just wanna get in on this deal before it is over and make sure I am doing things in the right direction. Thanks again.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Ok. What if I just go with the full cattback exhaust and later with the headers? $800 is gonna be hard at the moment. Will have to work on that part later. Does the full cattback come with a y pipe, I think it does, and when I decide to get the headers, what then? Will the stock headers be ok with the rest of the full cattback? Is the FastCat included with the full cattback or is it $539+$199? sorry for all the questions. I just wanna get in on this deal before it is over and make sure I am doing things in the right direction. Thanks again.

These questions are all easily answered, but at some length and I think it would make sense to do this with a phone call or direct email. In brief, though:

1. a catback does not include a y-pipe.
2. Our headers (or any properly designed set) include both manifolds and their own y-pipe; the header manifolds will not work with a regular performance y-pipe because they must extend farther down than the stock manifolds.
3. If you already have a performance y-pipe when you buy headers, it can't be used, but should be pretty easy to sell on maxima.org or ebay.
4. All performance y-pipes are designed to go with the stock manifolds because they replace the stock y-pipes (that obviously have to fit the stock manifolds).
5. All catbacks are designed to bolt up to the cat in its original stock position. If a performance y-pipe or header set is made properly, the back of the cat will still be very close to that original position after they're installed - this should cover a lot of what you're wondering about.
6. The Cattman FastCat is not part of the catback.

I think what you may be looking for is what we call our "complete exhaust system", which includes either a y-pipe or header set, a FastCat catalytic converter, and our catback exhaust (consisting of a b-pipe and muffler, which are also sold as seperate parts). Ordinarily we apply a discount when someone buys a complete exhaust system at one time, but not when everything's on sale. At these prices a complete exhaust system is more than $100 less than the regular "complete system" discount price.

If you have questions beyond these, lets continue during a phone conversation or direct email.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Old Maxima Legend

cattman has the best headers and catbacks for the maxima, worth every cent, just ran a 14.001@99.52 mph in my 4th gen maxima. got mine ages ago and the headers still look new !! money well spent performance or quality wise.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:31 PM

Brian, I talked to my mechanic and he can't look at my car this week to tell me which parts I need to buy. My car is due for its inspection in April, which means that 90 days b/4 the end of April I can have the car inspected, so it will probably be in February that I know what I need re: exhaust. That sucks b/c I wanted to take advantage of your deal.

Secondly, my mechanic said PA has the second strictist emissions behind CA. I didn't know that. Perhaps since I'm in the Philly metro area it is even more strict (we usually have special low-emission gas in winter around here). He did say that they always get the car up to normal op. temperature b/4 doing the emissions check, so with the Cattman exhaust I'd be fine, right?

He said that technically no part on a car inspected in PA can be other than OEM. Is that true or was it true at some time?

Finally, I looked at your web-site re: disclaimer on regular street use, but it didn't specify which parts are intended for street versus racing, etc. Is the Cattman exhaust system intended for street use? I don't plan on racing anytime soon with a new baby. Thanks a lot.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

You mentioned before that you needed an intermediate pipe and a muffler, which I assume meant a catback exhaust (those two components together, everything going back from the cat to the tip).

If we're just talking about the catback, then it has nothing to do with emissions. All the emissions treatment is done by the time the exhaust gasses leave the main catalytic converter (and enter the catback), and nothing downstream from the cat is the business of the EPA or state authorities or anyone else (as long as it doesn't violate local noise ordinances).

You've got 4 hours left to take advantage of the sale (we'll be open till 6pm MST)!

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Originally Posted by mikeg75
Brian, I talked to my mechanic and he can't look at my car this week to tell me which parts I need to buy. My car is due for its inspection in April, which means that 90 days b/4 the end of April I can have the car inspected, so it will probably be in February that I know what I need re: exhaust. That sucks b/c I wanted to take advantage of your deal.

Secondly, my mechanic said PA has the second strictist emissions behind CA. I didn't know that. Perhaps since I'm in the Philly metro area it is even more strict (we usually have special low-emission gas in winter around here). He did say that they always get the car up to normal op. temperature b/4 doing the emissions check, so with the Cattman exhaust I'd be fine, right?

He said that technically no part on a car inspected in PA can be other than OEM. Is that true or was it true at some time?

Finally, I looked at your web-site re: disclaimer on regular street use, but it didn't specify which parts are intended for street versus racing, etc. Is the Cattman exhaust system intended for street use? I don't plan on racing anytime soon with a new baby. Thanks a lot.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:16 PM
the org...not what it was

You mentioned before that you needed an intermediate pipe and a muffler, which I assume meant a catback exhaust (those two components together, everything going back from the cat to the tip).

If we're just talking about the catback, then it has nothing to do with emissions. All the emissions treatment is done by the time the exhaust gasses leave the main catalytic converter (and enter the catback), and nothing downstream from the cat is the business of the EPA or state authorities or anyone else (as long as it doesn't violate local noise ordinances).

You've got 4 hours left to take advantage of the sale (we'll be open till 6pm MST)!

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Hey Brian for all of us who missed out on this, is there any chance of you all extending the sale past Dec into Jan?
Old 12-31-2005, 05:07 PM

Glad I got in!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by alicious
Hey Brian for all of us who missed out on this, is there any chance of you all extending the sale past Dec into Jan?
Today is the last day of December.

Seems this deal has been going on a long time already. I hopped in and paid with a credit card, no money out of pocket for a month.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:54 PM

is this deal still going on? and how much is shipping to 60120?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Cattman exhaust sale extended

We've gotten several requests to extend our December exhaust sale, and I can't think of a better way to spend holiday gift money, so the sale is good until the end of next week - 13 January is the absolute deadline.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by MaxSE-R
is this deal still going on? and how much is shipping to 60120?

The zip code is definitely helpful, but I'd also need to know which part(s) you're thinking of; let me know and I'll get a quote back to you.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 01-02-2006, 01:38 PM
The Ultimate Driving Machine

Hey I got my catback installed Brian, thanks for all your help. The only problem im having is I have to fix my stock hangers as they are too low. I still havent heard anything about that first muffler. Its just sitting at my work.

When is the next batch of headers coming? Everything worked out from the first batch of 2nd gens?

BTW, Even though its hitting some part of my body(damn stock hangers), Im loving the sound of it!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:09 AM

Keep us updated on when we can expect the y-pipe's to ship, thanks.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Keep us updated on when we can expect the y-pipe's to ship, thanks.

Just got more y-pipes today for the 99-01 (Cali only) and 02-03 (all models) and those backorders go out tomorrow. I should have more 95-98 (all models) and 99-00 (Fed only) y-pipes by Monday.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Park2670
Hey I got my catback installed Brian, thanks for all your help. The only problem im having is I have to fix my stock hangers as they are too low. I still havent heard anything about that first muffler. Its just sitting at my work.

When is the next batch of headers coming? Everything worked out from the first batch of 2nd gens?

BTW, Even though its hitting some part of my body(damn stock hangers), Im loving the sound of it!

Yeah, with a reasonably fresh set of hangers it shouldn't be hanging low at all - make sure all the sections are aligned properly too.

We're taking a few header orders and those will be statisfied at the rate of about one set a week. We're working with another company that can make these at a faster rate, but that's probably 2-3 months off, so the best thing to do now is just put an order in queue.

We're not holding many backorders since I haven't been promoting the part under the limited production capabilities. Its a very good product, we've had the opportunity to tweak the initial design as necessary.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 01-06-2006, 09:08 AM

Just got more y-pipes today for the 99-01 (Cali only) and 02-03 (all models) and those backorders go out tomorrow. I should have more 95-98 (all models) and 99-00 (Fed only) y-pipes by Monday.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Thanks, cant wait!!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Ford Only.

Any word on when the catbacks will be ready?
Old 01-06-2006, 09:15 AM

Hey Brian, what about us 6th Gens in regards to the header/y-pipe combo?
Old 01-09-2006, 03:49 PM

Hey Brian i just wanted to know if it was possible to order the 4th gen catback with the 5th gen style (dual tip) rear section instead of the single tip. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:27 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

sorry for the late entry but could i have a shipping quote to 28208 (business) for an 00-03 b pipe.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by JoesRedMax
Hey Brian, what about us 6th Gens in regards to the header/y-pipe combo?

They're on the project boards - and I expect the y-pipe and header manifolds to be interchangeable with their stock counterparts rather than a y-pipe that only goes with the headers - but don't exist yet. I'll mention that the y-pipe will be available with an integrated street-legal cat.

I hope to have these out by late Spring.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 01-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by nismology
Hey Brian i just wanted to know if it was possible to order the 4th gen catback with the 5th gen style (dual tip) rear section instead of the single tip. Thanks in advance.

I'd have to ask my fabricator about that. If its possible we could do it on a special order basis. Send me an email and we can communicate about this that way. It definitely would not be a part of this sale.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by sloppymax
sorry for the late entry but could i have a shipping quote to 28208 (business) for an 00-03 b pipe.

Shipping would be $21.23. Be sure to order before the end of the day tomorrow, that is the absolute end of the sale.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 01-14-2006, 09:47 AM

I'd have to ask my fabricator about that. If its possible we could do it on a special order basis. Send me an email and we can communicate about this that way. It definitely would not be a part of this sale.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Oh ok. Also, if i were to buy the 4th gen b-pipe seperately, would it come with the 22" resonator that doesn't have any raised louvers?

Quick Reply: Cattman Performance Annual Exhaust Sale - Y-pipes, FastCats and Catbacks!