Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

LOWEST Progress RSB & Spring prices NOW @ Cattman

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

LOWEST Progress RSB & Spring prices NOW @ Cattman

LOWEST PROGRESS SUSPENSION PRICES!

Sale runs through 30 June 2006!

Our entire Progress Technology line is on sale, and nobody can touch these prices (w/ FREE shipping):

Progress RSBs - our most popular part!
95-03 Maxima, 95-04 I30/I35 - $119!!! shipped*
04-06 Maxima - $129!!! shipped*

Progress Sport SPRINGS
95-99 Maxima/I30 - $143 shipped*
00-03 Maxima, 00-04 I30/I35 - $143 shipped*
04-06 Maxima - $153 shipped*

Progress COILOVERS (a Cattman Performance exclusive)
95-99 Maxima/I30 - $1149 shipped*
00-03 Maxima, 00-04 I30/I35 - $1149 shipped*

Progress front CAMBER KIT
95-06 Maxima - $34 shipped*

*DHL ground shipment is included for orders shipped within continental US; $10 credit applied to all other shipping forms/destinations, call for price.

We take our orders by phone, 800.759.9920, 10-5 MST (3 hours earlier than Eastern Daylight Time), or by PayPal (send to bcatts@cattman.com and include your shipping address, daytime phone number and clear instructions on which part you're ordering). If you need other performance parts, ask us for a package price!

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm definitely down for RSB
Old 05-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

+++bump+++
Old 05-16-2006, 08:28 AM
maxS

i need the rsb for 2000

Old 05-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by maxS
i need the rsb for 2000

Just give us a call...

BCC
Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 AM
I Broke OT

wow, great price for the 95-99 RSB!!! is there a limited stock?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
wow, great price for the 95-99 RSB!!! is there a limited stock?

The sale is limited to stock on hand, but we've got plenty of inventory for all of these parts.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-16-2006, 03:54 PM

just got off the phone with Brian. excellent customer service, very knowledgeable. will definitely be ordering a RSB
Old 05-16-2006, 07:04 PM
retired moderator

free bump, for excellent cattman and Progress products.
Brian, any chance of a cattman CAI sale/GD anytime soon?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:08 AM

just got off the phone from ordering the rsb for my 2k2. thanks brian, great customer service.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by irish44j
free bump, for excellent cattman and Progress products.
Brian, any chance of a cattman CAI sale/GD anytime soon?

Other than the few 92-94SE, 95/96 and (very few) 97-99 applications we have left, there will be no more of the Place Racing-style CAIs. PR went out of business almost 2 years ago, and we've been selling off their remaining inventory, but those are just about gone.

We could make them again, but the lower tubes are difficult to fabricate, and there was always an unacceptably high number of customers who ran into installation difficulties. Nothing wrong with the parts, but its a long and involved installation process, and 10-20% of those attempting it seemed to run into difficulties. When the work was taken to a garage, the "mechanics" often screwed up the installation as well (wouldn't read the instructions, cut the hole in the wrong place, etc).

I'll also add that the later CAI applications, 02/03 in particular, aren't easy for anyone to install, they have to be installed VERY precisely because the space is severely restricted in the newer engine compartment.

Anyway, the upshot is that when the installation efforts flounder, the next conclusion is that the wrong part's been sent or there's something wrong with it. Looking at it from the our perspective, I hope you can see why this discourages us from carrying the part.

We are in the process of developing a new line of intakes, though the final designs haven't been decided upon. They probably will not replicate the PR design for the reasons mentioned plus the need to cut a hole in the fender-top, which discouraged many from that choice.

We've always sold our Cattman Combo intake, which combined the upper tube assembly from the PR CAI design with either a JWT POP intake assembly or a Monsterflow/MAF adapter. Despite a variety of imitators, this design remains popular and its what I run in my '02. We're out of the upper tubes for 97 and later Maximas right now, but will definitely be going forward with new production on this part for the gen4 and 5 Maximas. We're getting some quotes for converting this part from tubular steel to a hi-tech composite material.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-17-2006, 11:59 AM
lee

how much drop is the RSBs? for 97 maxima
Old 05-17-2006, 12:04 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally Posted by lee
how much drop is the RSBs? for 97 maxima
RSB stands for Rear Sway Bar, it does not provide any drop.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:09 PM

Anybody have a valid link for the RSB install? The two links in the How-To's don't work.

Ack ... I feel like a friggin'
Old 05-17-2006, 12:35 PM

Wow sick prices, Good job on owning the competition Brian

I was happy just to get the last one in stock last winter, for 140$
Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM

dang i'm in
Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Cattman
Other than the few 92-94SE, 95/96 and (very few) 97-99 applications we have left, there will be no more of the Place Racing-style CAIs. PR went out of business almost 2 years ago, and we've been selling off their remaining inventory, but those are just about gone.

We could make them again, but the lower tubes are difficult to fabricate, and there was always an unacceptably high number of customers who ran into installation difficulties. Nothing wrong with the parts, but its a long and involved installation process, and 10-20% of those attempting it seemed to run into difficulties. When the work was taken to a garage, the "mechanics" often screwed up the installation as well (wouldn't read the instructions, cut the hole in the wrong place, etc).

I'll also add that the later CAI applications, 02/03 in particular, aren't easy for anyone to install, they have to be installed VERY precisely because the space is severely restricted in the newer engine compartment.

Anyway, the upshot is that when the installation efforts flounder, the next conclusion is that the wrong part's been sent or there's something wrong with it. Looking at it from the our perspective, I hope you can see why this discourages us from carrying the part.

We are in the process of developing a new line of intakes, though the final designs haven't been decided upon. They probably will not replicate the PR design for the reasons mentioned plus the need to cut a hole in the fender-top, which discouraged many from that choice.

We've always sold our Cattman Combo intake, which combined the upper tube assembly from the PR CAI design with either a JWT POP intake assembly or a Monsterflow/MAF adapter. Despite a variety of imitators, this design remains popular and its what I run in my '02. We're out of the upper tubes for 97 and later Maximas right now, but will definitely be going forward with new production on this part for the gen4 and 5 Maximas. We're getting some quotes for converting this part from tubular steel to a hi-tech composite material.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
thanks, I can see the issues that they might have had. Oh well, guess I'll stick with the GAB. The 2 short-rams I've used to date just didn't do the trick
Old 05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by irish44j
thanks, I can see the issues that they might have had. Oh well, guess I'll stick with the GAB. The 2 short-rams I've used to date just didn't do the trick

The biggest problem with short-ram intakes is that if there isn't a velocity stack in the base of the intake, the turbulance of the air is a real power-killer as it buffets the hotwire. We've demonstrated this easily on the dyno, using a plain K&N filter with a MAF adapter, vs a Jim Wolf POP intake (with a very nice velocity stack). They're both short ram intakes, but the naked K&N filter generated a much more jagged/erratic power curve on the dyno, and the JWT intake consistently made 2-3 more HP.

Our combo intakes come with either the JWT intake or the Monsterflow, which also has an integrated velocity stack. We're about out of the Monsterflows we inherited from Place Racing, and I think we'll switch over to a very nice S&B filter that also integrates a nice velocity stack in its base.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by brian02max
Anybody have a valid link for the RSB install? The two links in the How-To's don't work.

Ack ... I feel like a friggin'

I should have thought to offer it in the opening thread, but I'll be glad to send a copy of the instructions to anyone who wants them. Just send me a PM with your email address and I'll flick back an attachment.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-17-2006, 04:11 PM

wow cheap...Brain..did you get my PM? I PM you maybe about 2 weeks ago
Old 05-17-2006, 06:04 PM

I'm interested in the RSB. Do you ship to Canada?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:11 PM

Btw guys just wanted to add Brian is a great guy to deal with too if you didnt already know so you should feel confident buying from him.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by _ck69_
I'm interested in the RSB. Do you ship to Canada?

Sure, almost every day. We usually send the 95-03 RSB via USPS Airmail Parcel Post for $40 and the 04+ for $35, but since these prices are prepaid in within the US, we'll pay the first $10 of any international (or 2-day, or overnight, etc.) shipping.

So, if you wanted the 95-03 RSB, the delivered cost to Canada would be $149. When sending USPS, it doesn't matter what your postal code is, same price throughout the country. There also aren't any brokerage fees!

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-17-2006, 06:43 PM

95-06 Maxima - $34 shipped*?

Is that to adjust from toe and the angle of lowered maxima's

Whats the difference between that one and the one for 400
Old 05-18-2006, 09:05 AM

Hey Brian - Paypal sent for one Progress RSB for an '02!

To any 's - I've bought from & spoken with Brian over the past few years &
have never received anything but the best in products & service. I'm sure anyone who's
ever dealt with him would say the same!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by siren001

would like to know the same thing. Please let us know when you get a chance
Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 AM

It's too bad on the Place Racing CAI. I have one and installed it without too much difficulty a couple years ago. I can see how people would run into trouble though. I have some 3" .065 wall stainless steel and plan to rebuild the top section because of some inconsistencies with the PR one. The lower pipe would be tough to build. Two mandrel bends tig welded together, not a task for the newbie fabricator. I can also speak for Brian's customer service and products. Y pipe was great Brian, thanks.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by siren001

The Progress camber kit is simply a pair of indexable camber bolts; each replaces one of the two lower strut mount bolts on either side of the car. They allow approximately +/- 1.5 degrees of camber adjustment, a bit more than the physical limitations of Maxima camber plates due to the small opening in a relatively tall strut tower.

The camber bolts are simply a different approach to doing the same thing (as a camber plate). Instead of moving the top of the strut rod in and out, a cammed bolt adjusts position at the lower mounts. The difference in the point of leverage means that the top of the rod has to physically move quite a bit farther than the lower mounts to produce the same camber adjustement.

They don't adjust for toe, nor do most camber plates. Some would argue there isn't much need - if any - for toe adjustment (outside of factory alignment specs) in front wheel drive cars.

As far as the differences between bolts and plates...

Bolts provide more camber adjustment, but don't look as cool as plates
Bolts are more inconvenient to access, but they don't tend to shift or come loose like the little camber plate adjustment nuts do.
Bolts are a lot less expensive and you don't have to dismount the entire strut assembly to install them

I've used both plates and bolts, and maybe the most important difference to me is that CAMBER BOLTS DON'T RATTLE, DON'T GET SLOPPY, AND DON'T DRIVE ME FRIGGIN CRAZY LIKE EVERY CAMBER PLATE I'VE EVER OWNED!

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-19-2006, 07:11 PM

how long is this deal good for.???????
Old 05-19-2006, 07:16 PM

brian i will be calling you...

for
1 rsb,
1camber kit,
and some progress springs.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Mass_Media™

Hey brian won't be ordering a rsb for a week or so but i was looking over you sig and it says CP short shift kit im assuming CP stands for Cattman Performance. I just looked at your website and i couldn't find anything about it. How much for one of those?
Old 05-21-2006, 06:11 PM

I'm going to have to jump on this!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
Hey brian won't be ordering a rsb for a week or so but i was looking over you sig and it says CP short shift kit im assuming CP stands for Cattman Performance. I just looked at your website and i couldn't find anything about it. How much for one of those?

Our website's badly out of date while we work (perpetually) on the new one, so never mind that...

Our throw-shortening shifter kit for the 02+ Maxima 6-speed is $150, and I'll include shipping within the US. I highly recommend installing it along with the Energy Suspension shifter bushing kit, which is an additional $19.

The difference these kits make is pretty amazing.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-22-2006, 11:57 AM

Just sent order for RSB. Thanks Brian.

Please let me know when the new FSTB comes in.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Mass_Media™

Originally Posted by Cattman
Our website's badly out of date while we work (perpetually) on the new one, so never mind that...

Our throw-shortening shifter kit for the 02+ Maxima 6-speed is $150, and I'll include shipping within the US. I highly recommend installing it along with the Energy Suspension shifter bushing kit, which is an additional $19.

The difference these kits make is pretty amazing.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Ok you talked me into it (Short throw kit and Engery Suspension shifter bushing kit). while im at it ill be ordering progress rsb. I got a total of 288 (including shipping?) Let me know and i will send the paypal asap
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
Ok you talked me into it (Short throw kit and Engery Suspension shifter bushing kit). while im at it ill be ordering progress rsb. I got a total of 288 (including shipping?) Let me know and i will send the paypal asap

That's exactly right, $288 brings the 6-speed throw-shortening kit, the ES shifter bushing set, and of course the Progress RSB to your door. PayPal is fine, or give us a call.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 05-22-2006, 04:19 PM

I placed my order too, can't wait for it to arrive. Also looking forward to the new FSTB.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:24 PM
is invisible

These are great prices! Too bad I already have my Progress RSB & springs.
It's been a long time since I've order from Brian (I think it was a y-pipe for my turd gen back in 2000), but I know that he runs a top-notch operation and that I'll be ordering my cat-back soon enough!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:39 PM

Paypal payment sent for Progress RSB shipped to Canadian address through USPS - $149.

Thanks!

Ryan
Old 05-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigFly_2K2SE
Paypal payment sent for Progress RSB shipped to Canadian address through USPS - $149.

Thanks!

Ryan

Payment received, we'll send it up north tomorrow!

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Quick Reply: LOWEST Progress RSB & Spring prices NOW @ Cattman