Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Carbon Fiber Hood GB by Fiber Images

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 11:28 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally posted by carnal_c30

I'm not really sure, but the hood flexs ALOT on the freeway, even if ya put hoodpins in it... maybe next time i'm down there i'll show ya
REALLY? That's pretty scary... Email me so I can try to meet up with you. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2002, 05:02 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

It's between the 5 of you to decide whether or not to end this group deal today or not. I know of one other member that want to get in this GD but can't locate him(MAXEJA). Let me know guys!
Old 02-20-2002, 05:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What color car do you guys have. Since the CF hood is mostly black/gray, I'm not sure if it would look dumb on my dark green car.

Jim
Old 02-20-2002, 07:23 AM
SLOW

My car is black. I say we end this now, anyone who is interested has certainly seen it by now. I doubt we will get any more people in the deal if we keep it open.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:34 AM

I'm In For Sure!!!!

But I have to have it by March 8. I have the funds but I need to make sure I get it by march 8.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:45 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

I'm ready when ever the others are...
Old 02-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes, let's get this deal rolling. I have the funds now too. Better do it now, before I spend it on something else.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:22 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Contact info is in everyone's email..
Old 02-20-2002, 12:00 PM

Ok so how many of us are there?
So we know how much we're supposed to pay.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:12 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Uncle Max
Ok so how many of us are there?
So we know how much we're supposed to pay.
Check my original post..
Old 02-20-2002, 12:23 PM

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean how much, money wise. I meant how many people actually are signed up so we know how much to pay according to the first post rate.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean how much, money wise. I meant how many people actually are signed up so we know how much to pay according to the first post rate.

Thanks
The original post also state how many people joined.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:42 PM

Doh!!!
Old 02-20-2002, 03:10 PM

I guess they only respond after Hours

I've called and emailed them and no response yet.
Maybe I'm just being inpatient but unfortunatley I have a dead line I hope I get it on time.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:39 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: I guess they only respond after Hours

I've called and emailed them and no response yet.
Maybe I'm just being inpatient but unfortunatley I have a dead line I hope I get it on time.
Go to their site.. They said they are usually busy.. He usually respond to my email within a day. Hope that helps!!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Chunger

REALLY? That's pretty scary... Email me so I can try to meet up with you. Thanks!
hmm wouldya be up in Nor Cal anytime soon well thinking about it it might not be enough to crack the paint or totally mess things up maybe I'll ask a body shop or soething

ohyea...
JJW95SC
I think Dark Green and carbon fiber wouldnt be bad... you dont really notice the hood unless light either sun or artificial light is shining on it...
Old 02-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

so is this group deal for sure? cause we Cheston) talked to Fiberimages cause he knows them there and they said the deal isnt gonna happen cause the price is too low and their distributors were getting mad. whats going on? i want in on it but doesnt sound like its for real.

one last question, does the hood have a clear coat on it? cause Cheston's hood didnt have clear coat on it.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:35 PM

i hope you guys like waiting for them....they take forever to get....

i ordered mine on 2/2/02 and still don't have it yet

i got mine for $615 plus $125 shipping...

anyone know why its taking so long to get here?
Old 02-20-2002, 08:02 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by pawn
i hope you guys like waiting for them....they take forever to get....

i ordered mine on 2/2/02 and still don't have it yet

i got mine for $615 plus $125 shipping...

anyone know why its taking so long to get here?

Backordered..It takes 3 business day to make one hood. Do the math..My post also said 2-4 weeks. It's only been two weeks for you.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:13 AM

so is this groupdeal for real? i posted awhile ago but havent seen a response yet....hummm
Old 02-21-2002, 09:33 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

I sent an email with my contact # as well...
Old 02-21-2002, 09:43 AM

They have 3 other hoods in line before us. They take about 3 business days each to make. It is slower to have it shipped. There will not be any hoods available for about 3 weeks from time of payment.
Mike Saiki
Motivational Engineering
www.Motivational.net

I got this earlier today so I don't think Imma get it fo the sho.
But I still wanna get it.

maybe one of those other hoods is mine!
Old 02-21-2002, 10:12 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by pawn

maybe one of those other hoods is mine!
Check your PM pawn.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:11 PM

Sorry..but who/where do I contact about the hood?
Old 02-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by maxed up
Sorry..but who/where do I contact about the hood?
Don't take this the wrong way, but where was everyone when we were waiting for one more buyer. No one wants to join in until we close the deal. I just think it's unfair for the other members that took the inital step and said yes. All of sudden when the info is given out, everyone wants to join in. Some of you guys even question the deal saying it's too good to be true. o well.....

BTW, you got mail!
Old 02-21-2002, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by amixam98

Don't take this the wrong way, but where was everyone when we were waiting for one more buyer. No one wants to join in until we close the deal. I just think it's unfair for the other members that took the inital step and said yes. All of sudden when the info is given out, everyone wants to join in. Some of you guys even question the deal saying it's too good to be true. o well.....

BTW, you got mail!
i don't understand your pm..what is wrong?

btw...i called the place i got my hood from.....it should be here next week
Old 02-21-2002, 10:49 PM

ummmm.....

ive asked twice if this deal was for real, cause according to FiberImages they would not honor the groupdeal cause it was too low and their distributors were getting mad. This came from Josh at Fiberimages. whats up?
Old 02-21-2002, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max
ummmm.....

ive asked twice if this deal was for real, cause according to FiberImages they would not honor the groupdeal cause it was too low and their distributors were getting mad. This came from Josh at Fiberimages. whats up?
read and reply to my post please......
Old 02-22-2002, 12:14 PM
SLOW

I just send an email to motivational1@aol.com detailing all of our concerns about this. The clear coat issue, the "too-good-to-be-true" price issue, and the shipping time issue. We'll see what sort of response I get, and I will keep trying to call them throughout the afternoon. I will let you guys know any response I get.

Here is a copy of my email:

Hello, I am one of the people involved in the Carbon Fiber Hood Group Deal set up by Trung, aka amixam98@aol.com through Mike Saiki. I need to order my hood. However, I have a few questions first.

Concern has been expressed as to whether or not this deal is even going to happen ($560 SHIPPED for the hood). One person has a contact at FiberImages named Josh. Josh has said that $560 is too low a price and that FiberImages will not honor it because FiberImages authorized distributors are angry that people are undercutting their prices.

Another person said that his hood from Fiberimages did not have clear coat on it. What sort of guarantee do we have that the hood will have clear coat on it.

Finally, how long are we looking at until we get the hood after payment. I read that it takes 3 business days to make a hood. And it will be approximately 3-4 weeks before the hoods of our group deal are sent out. That is just fine for me, but I just want that confirmed.

I tried to call the contact number provided, but only got a voice mail which doesn't even contain a business name or anything, it just sounded like a personal voice mail. The number I called is (562)423-3616. It just says "Hi leave your # and a message and I'll get back to you." That has me a little worried.

You can contact me through this email address, however I would MUCH prefer to talk to someone in person. My phone # is . Thankyou, and I look forward to doing business with you.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:22 PM
SLOW

If this turns out to be too good to be true. Does anyone know of any FiberImages distributors that we can buy our hoods from or possibly set up an immediate group deal? 3-4 weeks is fine for me, because my front end won't be fixed til then, but if it gets longer than that I'm willing to pay extra to get it here a little sooner, because the insureance company is buying mine.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:54 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I don't know why you guys are mentioninging "Josh" in this. Why should it even matter. The guy gave me the price so just email him and tell him you want to buy it if he changed his mind then forget it. Who great idea was it to go talk to Fiber Images anyways. I think you guys are making this more difficult then it really should be.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:48 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

I don't know why you guys are mentioninging "Josh" in this. Why should it even matter. The guy gave me the price so just email him and tell him you want to buy it if he changed his mind then forget it. Who great idea was it to go talk to Fiber Images anyways. I think you guys are making this more difficult then it really should be.
I don't think we are trying to make it 'difficult'...

But don't you think it might be difficult for Mike to get the hoods from Fiber Images if they won't sell them to him? How would Mike sell them to us, then? These are valid questions that need to be answered. I've never found it fun to 'recollect' money after a deal goes sour.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
If this turns out to be too good to be true. Does anyone know of any FiberImages distributors that we can buy our hoods from or possibly set up an immediate group deal? 3-4 weeks is fine for me, because my front end won't be fixed til then, but if it gets longer than that I'm willing to pay extra to get it here a little sooner, because the insureance company is buying mine.

i got mine for $615 through Mantaray Motorsports..heres there website
www.mmrusa.com

btw-that company is awesome...i called to see what was taking so long on my hood,(i didn't know it too 3 weeks) and the guy i spoke w/was great...they have awesome customer service...i highly recommend them!
Old 02-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Ok guys. I think I did as much as I can to set up this GD. I know you guys don't want to lose your money so good luck. Mike gave me a price and I just gave it to you guys. I was just trying to help you guys out. I just think things would be better if we didn't go around asking distributors about pricing and comparing them. I know alot of aftermarket company wants to keep their price up so they can keep their status i.e. stillen...o well. No more GD's for me.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:25 PM
SLOW

Ok guys. I think I did as much as I can to set up this GD. I know you guys don't want to lose your money so good luck. Mike gave me a price and I just gave it to you guys. I was just trying to help you guys out. I just think things would be better if we didn't go around asking distributors about pricing and comparing them. I know alot of aftermarket company wants to keep their price up so they can keep their status i.e. stillen...o well. No more GD's for me.
Don't get all mad at us. We, being the paying customers, need questions like these answered. It is concievable that GDs can fall through. I certainly don't want to end up paying for something that ends up not happening and then end up trying to collect my money back from someone.

That said, I'll say this.

I spoke on the phone with Mike from Motivational this afternoon. I asked him specifically about Turbo's concern, of the price being to low and it not happening. He absolutely assured me that he HAS spoken to FiberImages, they know what price he's giving them to us for, and they ARE going to honor it.

Now, onto other issues.

Price. The $560 shipped price is for CALIFORNIA. An extra $15 applies if you live OUTSIDE CA. I'm in Michigan, and he said my grand total to get the hood to my door will be $575.

Timeframe. It takes 3 days to make one hood. The epoxy takes 3 days to cure. Since the Maxima is not that common a tuner car, FI only has one Maxima hood mold. They can pump out 3 hoods in 2 weeks, (10 business days). He said FI has 3 hoods to make BEFORE they start on ours.

Clear Coat. Carbon Fiber hoods are NOT clear coated from the manufacturer. They are held together with an epoxy resin. I've had experience with FI hoods, I know 4 guys with them right now. The finish is good. Clear coat like that used on automotive paint is not on any FI hood I've ever seen. Mike assured me they do NOT come with clear coat, but are made with the same epoxy resin that all CF hoods are made with, and will have the same finish as all other CF hoods out there that you see.

I have paid for my hood. Mine will be the first from our group to be made and sent out because of this. Since this is a group deal however, we are paying Motivational, and then Motivational is paying FI. Until Motivational pays FI, they will not start making our hoods. So basically what I am saying is this. We need everyone to pay Motivational ASAP, so that they can pay FI, and start producing our hoods. The longer we wait to pay Motivational, the longer it will be until Motivational pays FI, and the longer it will be before our hoods are manufactured and sent out. I will PM all of you that committed to this so that we can get the ball rolling on our hoods ASAP. I don't know about you, but I want my hood.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Nealoc187

Don't get all mad at us. We, being the paying customers, need questions like these answered. It is concievable that GDs can fall through. I certainly don't want to end up paying for something that ends up not happening and then end up trying to collect my money back from someone.

I'm glad things worked out the way it did. Too many of you guys are too skeptical once a GD is setup. "It's too good to be true" and blah blah blah. Someone needs to take the initiative sometimes. If everyone just sit back and wait, then **** will never get done. I didn't pull the prices out of my a$$. I took the time out to set up the GD just to help you guys out but all I get is negative response. If it's too cheap, then it's too good to be true. If it's too expensive , then no one wants to pay up. Let's put this thread to an end and Happy Modding!
Old 02-22-2002, 11:11 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

I'll call Mike again tomorrow...

amixam98, like Nealoc187 stated... This is a business thing so we all expected to be handled/organized as such. It was nothing against you or Mike. Thanks for the hookup.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:33 PM

I'm glad things worked out the way it did. Too many of you guys are too skeptical once a GD is setup. "It's too good to be true" and blah blah blah. Someone needs to take the initiative sometimes. If everyone just sit back and wait, then **** will never get done. I didn't pull the prices out of my a$$. I took the time out to set up the GD just to help you guys out but all I get is negative response. If it's too cheap, then it's too good to be true. If it's too expensive , then no one wants to pay up. Let's put this thread to an end and Happy Modding!
well i appreciate you setting up this groupbuy for us, and since people are investing some money into this thye woudl like to know if its for real or not, for me i talked to Fiberimages and they said it wasnt happening, thats the only reason i questioned the groupdeal, then i posted 3 times asking you about it and you never responded to my posts making me feel uncomfortable about it. Hope this deal goes through, i want one.
Old 02-25-2002, 02:37 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

GET YOUR ORDERS IN!

I talked to Mike at www.motivational.net . Only 4 people so far have called in. We need to have at least 6 before he will place the order. DEADLINE is this FRIDAY, MARCH 1st. At that point, if there are not enough people the deal will not happen.

If you want a FiberImage Carbon Fiber hood... CALL/EMAIL Mike right away! Those who order first, get them first.

Even if you are not on this list, you can STILL get in on this deal.

Final Prices:
$500 if you pick up
$560 shipped within California
$575 shipped to other states

No charge will be put on your credit card until there are enough people, at which point you are committed.

1. Nealoc187 - ordered
2. Chunger - ordered
3. Cumalot
4. maximadan96 - ordered
5. sleeper
6. Uncle Max - ordered
7. Turbo95Max?
8. maxed up

-CHUNG
Old 02-25-2002, 02:42 PM

Re: GET YOUR ORDERS IN!

I called but never got an answer so I levt VM