Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Ntirous G/D

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 12:12 PM
MAX

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE

yeah its a good kit alot of people are starting to want to try it out, no problem...im sorry about how your feel about always getting somthing and then a week later its on sale...it happens to everyone.. but sit on it for a week, untill your 100%

-ChRi§
I'll do that. BTW, thanx for doing all the legwork, getting this ish together.

-Scott
Old 06-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Sin

Re: Finly some prices

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
OK guys ( and grls ) I finly got some prices... I got some Info on the ZEX and NX kits.... Im still waiting and working on the NOS kit

Zex kits for $460 and free US shipping with-in the 48 states.

If anyone is interested in the Nitrous Express EFI kits,
$485 and free shipping

If anyone is intrested let me know, im still working on trying to get a hook up on the NOS kits...

-ChRi§
How much for the direct port? And where are you for shipping charges?
Old 06-13-2002, 12:34 PM

Re: Re: Finly some prices

Originally posted by Sin

How much for the direct port? And where are you for shipping charges?

I really dident touch the direct port kits ... you said you could get hook ups on it so i dident touch it, i figure if people wanted them they would go to you , and if thay wanted the Reguler kit they would come to me....prices i showed , are the final price for a basic kit, and thats shipped...no extra

-Chri§
Old 06-14-2002, 04:44 PM

REALLY good GUY

Hey guys I found this really good guy willing to work with us at maxima.org... his name is justin, and he can get any kit NOS , NX, and ZEX...

he also can get u hook ups on any assesorys u may need...so hit him up his e-mail is

justin@importcarpartsplus.com

-ChRi§
Old 06-16-2002, 06:55 PM

Do you need to retard your timing or use colder spark plugs w/ a 50 shot? Thanks.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by Toolrocks
Do you need to retard your timing or use colder spark plugs w/ a 50 shot? Thanks.
Hey steve-When I get home I have a web page for you to look at that explains the need of the retarding your timing. I asked a few people that run 100 shot on this board that said that they dont run with a different timing, but they do use the colder plugs.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:41 AM

More Info

ZEX
Zex Smart Nitrous Kit $455
Zex Hyerformance Spark Plugs (4 Pack) $25
Zex Hyerformance Spark Plugs (6 Pack) $35
Zex Nitrous Bottle Heater $119
Zex Nitrous Bottle Pressure Gauge $50
Zex Remote Bottle Valve Opener $189
Zex Nitrous Purge Kit $99
Zex Nitrous Maximizer Kit $198
Zex Booster Fuel Pump $176
Zex 10 Pound Bottle and Valve $185

NITROUS EXPRESS
NX Stage One EFI Kits $485
NX 4CYL DIRECT-PORT(50-75-100-150-200HP) $670
NX V6 DIRECT-PORT(60-90-120-150-200-250HP) $775
NX Bottle Heater w/gauge $238
NX Mini Pressure Gauge $33
NX Remote Bottle Valve Opener $210
NX Nitrous Purge Kit $104
NX Gen X Upgrade $268
NX Gen X-2 Upgrade $333

NOS
E-mail justin@importcarpartsplus.com for NOS
accessories, I don't have the full price list yet.

VENOM
Venom 400 $270
VCN-1000 $570
VCN-2000 $1120

NITROUS WORKS
EFI Power Wing Nozzle Kit 25-100 HP $460
Import EFI Single Nozzle Kit 25-50 HP $490

Shipping is Free for orders over $300. For orders
under $300 please add $6 for shipping.

-ChRi§
Old 06-18-2002, 10:40 PM
VQ Wizard

Hey I think it's great that you guys are working on a group deal for Nitrous kits so I am going to throw in my .02 .
I have no experience with the NX kits but I always hear great things about the quality of the parts. But my question is that do people think that the NOS kits are of poor quality? I have been using kits from NOS for about 7 years now and I rarely have a problem as long as the kit is installed properly. I do think it's great that there are more competitors out there too keep them in line with price and quality though.
I am also going to give you my speal on the wet vs. dry scenario (again). Intake manifolds on todays cars are designed to only flow air from the throttle body to the injectors. Wet kits which spray gasoline into these intakes run a risk of puddling gas which can casue an explosion in the intake and blow it to pieces (worst case scenario). As one member mentioned it may not be harmful to run a small amount such as a 50 or maybe a 70 shot but personally I still would not recommend that at all. These companies that claim distribution problems are really shooting themselves in the foot. How can they claim that spraying Nitrous only into an intake will have uneven distribution and spraying fuel AND Nitrous wont? It's either going to be even or it's not. Ex: If cylinder #4 is getting too much Nitrous with a dry kit it will run lean and could fry something right? Well that same cylinder #4 on a wet kit is now getting too much Nitrous AND fuel and can blow up anyways. In this case you havent gained anything you just changed the nature of the problem. Even distribution is cause for concern for ANY single port Nitrous system Dry AND Wet.

This is what I do recommend. If you have a standard syle fuel system and you only want something in the range of a 50 to a 70 shot you should consider the 5115 Mustang kit from NOS. The only difference between the 5115 , 5123 or the 5124 is the jets that they come with. Most places do not stock 5124 but many places do stock 5115. Therefore the kit price is generally somewhat less expensive. You can buy the jets from a local speed shop or online from Jugs (Jegs)or Summit for about $5 to $7 (flare jets). If you want more than 70 you will probably need a booster pump to boost the fuel pressure past the max of 65psi (The Nissan pumps generally wont go past this). Some good choices are the Vortech T-Rex, NOS pump, Aeromotive, SX etc. etc.
For those of you who are going to go to much higher levels or simply hate NOS (probably because of that stupid movie) then you should look into a direct port fogger system. Again, I only have experience with NOS but I knew a guy who used the NitrousWorks 4 port fogger on his SE-R and I kinda liked his setup better than my NOS.
The reason you should skip the single fogger and go for the direct port is more for engine safety than anything. If each fogger is positioned close to the injector then the intake is still being used as it was designed and therefore you're less likely to have problems.
The only real drawback to the multi port fogger is that it take more tiem to change the jets. On a 6 banger you'll have 12 jets to swap instead of just one or two. And if you use NOS then you'll have to buy funnel jets instead of flare jets. It's been my experience that speed shops do not stock funnel jets so you'll most likely have to order them anytime you want new ones.

At least one last thing. Rev limiters. If you have a DRY Nitrous kit your ECU will still be able to cutoff the fuel at the specified RPM to keep your engine from over revving. Whenever you use a Wet Nitrous kit you're supplementing the Nitrous with fuel in a location other than the injectors. The ECU will still cut it's only known fuel flow at the correct RPM but the fuel from the Nitrous kit will keep the engine spinning beyond the redline (and very lean). A few people have suggested that we use a window switch that will read the engine speed off of one coil. The window switch can be set to kill the Nitrous / Fuel flow at a specified RPM. It would probably be best to kill that Nitrous at 50 to 100 RPM before the ECU does.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:49 AM

Nice write up. Very detailed; I'm slowly starting to understand nitrous use.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:44 PM

i would like to purchase that zex kit for that price and i have the money also!
Old 06-22-2002, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by SeBlackMax97
i would like to purchase that zex kit for that price and i have the money also!
E-mail justin@importcarpartsplus.com if you want the kit

-ChRi§