Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

After 3 4th Gen Maximas I just picked up a 96 blk/blk I30t 5sp!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

After 3 4th Gen Maximas I just picked up a 96 blk/blk I30t 5sp!!

Hey guys I was previously ivolley I have around here a few years. I think I have something rare here. I picked up the car in J'ville Florida and drove back to Illinois "Hey Mike!!" I have been reading many of your post great job at the track. I just got in today and I will get the quick and easy stuff done right away, fog/corner and tail mods. It is hard to describe the ride is very different than the 95 and 97 5spds I had. Very solid, the tranny feels very "sure" while shifting. The BBS type wheels are killing me but will try and make it to the Spring with them. I will include a link with some interior pics. I promised myself and my wife I will not screw with this one (noise). I will modify the factory box (intake) and add Y and keep the muffler. I am very happy with the car.

Pat
Old 11-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Tails?

What Modd U Plannin On Doing?...upgrading To 98-99 Or Buying Some Cefiro Tails? Post Some Pics!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:32 AM

great job !!!!

hey Pat - wow !!! black on black I30T
you need to come over to hobby shop again and we need to do some work on it !!!!

Nick.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

hi congradulations
within the end of next month im also looking for a car!
most likely i want to get a infiniti i30
if not a loaded up maxima! SE-L or GLE!
probually 1996 infiniti .. its the best year i hear as well.

a few questions.. if you dont mind me asking.......
how much did you pay ??? where did you get it???
how is buying cars in florida??
and how bad did the ride suck home???

im driving from FLORIDA to boston!!! lol.
C-YA

hova
Old 11-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by nick
hey Pat - wow !!! black on black I30T
you need to come over to hobby shop again and we need to do some work on it !!!!

Nick.
Nick what's up man? I guess all the goodies on your Max tempted me ie. leather, heated seat etc. This puppy needs to be lowered ASAP!!! no coilovers for me this time. I will just do springs and struts, have you stock springs "resettled" or is it still 4X4 :smile: don't worry I am 4X4 ing with you. I sold the 95 to a kid in Chicago. Thanks man I will keep you posted. and remeber if you need anything give me a hollar I will gladly make the trip

Hova:

The ride was horrible I stopped in Savannah overnight. The engine bay is in great shape, no rust if you can find one I would look in the south. I got the car for less than $5K I had a hard time deciding between a couple of Legend coupe 5spds but I am obviously attached to the VQ. I got the car from a dealership in Jacksonville.

nycspudz03:
Only Y pipe and I will clear out the tails and rewire fogs tonight. I will wait until the spring to lower the car and add 17s

Pat
Old 11-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

NICE that gives me some comfort.
im looking to spend 5-6k on a i30 used 1996
HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND ONE
my parents live in florida... so im gonna get one in the south.
THX!
Old 11-17-2003, 06:52 AM
www.autotalk.com

Hey Pat! Congrats on the car. That is one rare car for sure. Post some pics too.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Very nice find! I am jealous. It will be good to have another I30 in the area. I am sure we will run into each other soon or later. Don't hate the BBS touring wheels, they are light as hell. I wish I still had mine. As far as modding and noise, my car is very quite since I still have the stock cat-back. You can still be fast and quite.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by originalivolley
Nick what's up man? I guess all the goodies on your Max tempted me ie. leather, heated seat etc. This puppy needs to be lowered ASAP!!! no coilovers for me this time. I will just do springs and struts, have you stock springs "resettled" or is it still 4X4 :smile: don't worry I am 4X4 ing with you. I sold the 95 to a kid in Chicago. Thanks man I will keep you posted. and remeber if you need anything give me a hollar I will gladly make the trip

Pat
hey Pat - not much here just working lately on my MTS ( if you still remember what it stands for !!!!) plus the engine rebuilding class takes most of my time
on top of things i'm teaching my wife do drive .

Yes my stock se springs settled in already and ride feels great !!!
Im already used to the 4x4 look and its not that bad !!!!
lets put it this way - when i had my Sprints nobody was turning heads
now with 4x4 look still nobody turns , so it can't be that bad since all of 4th gens around here are bone stock!!!!!, plus the ride feels great , solid and very stable at high speeds - have my rear AGX turned up resulting in rear sticking to road pretty good.

once again what a great find !!!! give me a call when you ready for suspension work , I will install my SS lines at the same time.

Nick.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Max4Speed
Hey Pat! Congrats on the car. That is one rare car for sure. Post some pics too.

Oss hey what's up buddy? I was shocked when I saw you wented boost but it did not surprise me when you decided to come back to the NA world. I defineitely miss the ATL BTW do you still have the boot and e-brake cover? check you PMs thanks,

Pat

Nick I am going to try and make it through the winter but I will let you know. Good luck with the MTS it will definitely look good once you get back to the fleet.............GO NAVY.........GO La Maddelena Italy!!!!!

Mike,

I have been having trouble with previous accouts, I don't know if I have the ability to delete the old ones. ie. ivolley and originalivolley but this new one is under a different email so it should be okay. Look forward to meeting one day
Old 11-18-2003, 05:52 AM
www.autotalk.com

Originally Posted by Pats5spdi30T
Oss hey what's up buddy? I was shocked when I saw you wented boost but it did not surprise me when you decided to come back to the NA world. I defineitely miss the ATL BTW do you still have the boot and e-brake cover? check you PMs thanks,

Pat
No PM so far.