Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

couple issues with i35

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 04:58 PM

couple issues with i35

im very happy with my car, however, some problems arose since i bought this car.

my first problem is a sound that the front side (maybe right front) of the car makes. Whenever I accelerate hard (not flooring), the car makes a dry rubbing sound. this happens most when i could feel a lot of torque output. I find it very weird that this sound doesnt happen if i floor it or if i press the pedal lightly.

Also, my bose system is acting up. Often it skips on good, new, and clean CDs even if there is no vibration to set off the anti-shock. The second i problem i have with my bose system is that whenver i change tracks on a CD the music is quiet, and then some time into the song it gets noticable louder.

The last problem I have is that if i have people sitting in my backseat, and i hit a bump or dip, my rear sway bar makes a loud "thud" sound. My first guess was that i probably installed this wrong, so i checked it myself, and had a couple people from the org look at it but they didnt see a problem with the brackets or installation.

Any suggestions for any of the problems?
Old 02-18-2004, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
The second i problem i have with my bose system is that whenver i change tracks on a CD the music is quiet, and then some time into the song it gets noticable louder.
I have this exact problem and it drives me crazy. I aslo noticed that when you change the track and the next track starts playing (at a very low volume compared to the previous track) if you turn the volume down ONE click it jumps noticebly higher. WTF! how can you turn the volume down, but at the same time, it does the opposite and turns it up.

I have no idea how to solve this since I have noticed that this only occurs when traveling at highway speeds and the dealer will not go on the highway to test drive the car.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:30 PM

Hey guys, I think I can help you out a bit. Allenz, your second issue deals with the SVC (Speed Volume Control.) If you have it set to low, medium, or high the sound with adjust according to your speed your traveling. When you change tracks, stations, or cd's the system will by default adjust to 7 or 8 (even though the read out will display your last setting) to prevent damaging your ears with loud, blarring sounds. To eliminate this problem just set the SVC to off. But you will have to set the volume of your radio as you drive. (lol)

Now on the problem you both are having in regards to the cd player skipping on cd's, thats a little more complicated. I have been having this problem 4 months after I got my car. It doesn't matter if the disc is new, used, dirty, clean, scratched, smooth & clear, CDR, CDRW, Media Disc, or digital. I have checked with Infiniti (and they don't recognize it as a problem) I have yet to connect with a voice at Bose, but the email I recieved states that the HU is not malfuntioning. (I suppose I am just imagining and in my imagination you guys are having the same problem right?) But there are only a few soulutions. 1.) call your Infiniti delear and let them hear it in action that way they can warranty it out for you. I did this and now the second unit I have is doing the same thing. (you may have more luck than I did and get one that will not give you that problem anymore.) Or you could do like I am planning to do, and change out the sorry excuse for a HU (Bose) and install a quality HU. Heres a link to what you would need to do if you decide to do the latter.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=285459

I hope this helps you out some.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:41 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

I had the headunit problem that you speak of. I took it to infiniti and demanded a new head unit. I got one. It will be refurbished but it may work. The current one is starting to have problems too. You will be disgusted if you see the thread in the 5th generation side that asks how many people have had their bose head units replaced. BOSE BLOWS! I think that infiniti needs to get rid of them entirely.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeSteel
I had the headunit problem that you speak of. I took it to infiniti and demanded a new head unit. I got one. It will be refurbished but it may work. The current one is starting to have problems too. You will be disgusted if you see the thread in the 5th generation side that asks how many people have had their bose head units replaced. BOSE BLOWS! I think that infiniti needs to get rid of them entirely.
Here, here. I definitely agree. I can't stand Bose. Its not like Nissan could not utilize R.F. or even Alpine as their system tuners. (hell they could even use Clarion.) But Bose??? Everytime I think of the word it makes me want to replace the system that much faster.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:40 AM

thnx with the svc problem.. i never knew what that was.

i really think that bose is getting worse over the years. bose made a great set up for my old 86 caddy, and even my 99 max seems to have a better system than my i35. i just dont understand why acura bose both on my TL and TSX is so much more quality than the ones for maximas(although its not as loud).
Old 02-19-2004, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
thnx with the svc problem.. i never knew what that was.

i really think that bose is getting worse over the years. bose made a great set up for my old 86 caddy, and even my 99 max seems to have a better system than my i35. i just dont understand why acura bose both on my TL and TSX is so much more quality than the ones for maximas(although its not as loud).
The ones Nissan\Infiniti use are supplied with Clarion head units. (Well Clarion advises Bose and supplies them with the parts needed to build the unit. We can see this no more than Clarion give Bose the garbage they don't want to use on their line of products. Sad isn't it?