Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 11:31 PM

O2 sensor

question, i have a 98 i30t with many miles, the engine light came on the other day and i'm still trying to figure out the reason for it as my car drives fine. the pulses convey the code 0413 which i found difficult to find and converts to P0154 and from different sites, I found the following messages:
Left Front HO2S Circuit
Front HO2S LH Bank
Front O2 Sensor, Bank 2 High Voltage
I guess I should change the o2 sensor, but i'm not sure which one to change, where it is and if I should let a professional get the part and install it or do it myself to save some money. i only know how to change a spare on the thing, so I'm not that auto savvy, thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:33 AM

AZndude: I am not sure what to tell you about where it is on the car, but I can tell you to check the threads on here from about a week or so ago. I posted a website where I found O2 Snesors for our I30's and they were very inexpensive.

I hope that helps as far as where to find the O2 Sensor. I can check my Hanes Maxima book when I get home and see if that might tell me where the O2 sensor is located and get back to you with that info if you would like?

By the way, does anyone know why the hell they don't make a Hanes or Chilton book for the Infiniti I30?????? What the HELL!!!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 04:49 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

It's the left o2 sensor on the y-pipe. Really easy to change if you have an aftermarket Y-pipe, still fairlye easy to do with the stock y-pipe. You can ge the sensor at www.oxygensensors.com. Just make sure you get the OEM replacement one and not the universal one. The universal requires splicing wires. All you need is a jack, stands, and a wrench.

There is really no need for a I30 Haynes manual. I have yet to find anything the maxima Hynes does not cover.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Ok I just recently changed all three of my o2 sensors. The left hand bank o2 is the front bank, towards the front of the car... right would be the rear. Our cars have three o2 senors (96-98), 99 california emissions can have five.

The two main o2 sensors are located on the y-pipe which extends down from each exhaust manifold, then becomes one pipe and goes to the cat. The third o2 sensor is behind the cat.

The left o2 senor would be in the hole on the furthest left vertical portion of the pipe.

To remove it you must get a special o2 senor socket at a local auto supply store. they are like $5.

Disconnect the electral harness in the engine bay, located here. It is the harness on the left. This area is by the radiator.

Jack the car up and use your special socket to remove the o2 sensor. Now you must pull the sensor and its wireing out. it is tied to different parts of the engine by plastic tabs. Break them.. the new sensor with come with new ones.

Install the new one and reconnect it to the sub-harness.

reset the ECU and you should be done.

I only got a check engine light for the right bank... but as it turned out all three were shot. If money is not a problem at this time I would change all three, so you dont have to mess with it again.

FYI here is the subharness connector for the right bank. Located on top of the intake manifold. It has the white and black wireing.

[IMG]

Hope this helps!!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
By the way, does anyone know why the hell they don't make a Hanes or Chilton book for the Infiniti I30?????? What the HELL!!!!!

They've both got books for the Max. Not much difference except for cosmetic stuff. Still, those books arent the greatest.

This company called Bently makes repair books for BMWs. The one for my dearly departed 89 325i was great. Lots of pictures and very detailed instructions. We should try to get them to do Nissans.

-Raj