Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

ABS Light...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 09:14 PM

ABS Light...

so i was about to leave for my little day trip today when i turned the car's ignition on and BAM! -- ABS light came on and stayed on. everything was still working fine. drove around a bit, and when i came to my friend's house, turned the ignition off. next time it came on, it was fine... and stayed fine for the next 209 miles driven.

could it have been some crap messed the sensor, then the 1 mile driven knocked the crap out. and/or turning the ignition off resetted the light entirely?

i did a poor man's search on the topic and nothing relevent came back, so hoping you all have seen this.

thanks
Old 06-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by InfiniLover
so i was about to leave for my little day trip today when i turned the car's ignition on and BAM! -- ABS light came on and stayed on. everything was still working fine. drove around a bit, and when i came to my friend's house, turned the ignition off. next time it came on, it was fine... and stayed fine for the next 209 miles driven.

could it have been some crap messed the sensor, then the 1 mile driven knocked the crap out. and/or turning the ignition off resetted the light entirely?

i did a poor man's search on the topic and nothing relevent came back, so hoping you all have seen this.

thanks
I had a Acura Vigor that would do that. I woulod slam on the brakes and the ABS kicked right in!!. I wouldn't worry about it unless it does it ALL the time.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:24 PM

did you ever had that problem diagnosed? i was reading over my owner's manual and it doesn't really say much of anything. i do know that i've hit the brakes plenty and it never came back on since.

thanks for responding.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by InfiniLover
did you ever had that problem diagnosed? i was reading over my owner's manual and it doesn't really say much of anything. i do know that i've hit the brakes plenty and it never came back on since.

thanks for responding.
No... there was plenty of clean brake fliud in the ABS resevoir (Honda's have a sepreate one, while Nissan integrates theirs) and I could feel the ABS kick in when I slammed the brakes (you will feel a severe vibration on the brake pedal). The Acura manual actually says that if the light comes on during driving, you should pull off the side of the road, turn off the car, and turn it back on again and see if the light returns. This leads me to believe the system is vulnerable to flukes and the problem is electrical, or some sensor some where was having a problem with some signal. and turning off the car is enough to fix the problem. If it returns and stays, or keeps coming and going then have it diagnosed by a NON dealership shop (a quality one though).