Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

my girlfriends 01 i30 on dubz

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by nmgoodthing
Those headlights are nice.

Let me make a suggestion about the HID kit though.
Trust me on this. Don't buy that 12000k kit. Even though it is HID the lumens (actual light on the ground) is even worse then those blue rice bulbs. Save your self the headache and some money and get something inbetween 4100k and 6000k. Anything over 6000K is a waste of money. 4100K for bright white light. If it's color your looking for then go for a 6000K. Don't be fooled by the marketing about the higher kelvin ratings. Sure the higher kelvin rating is more coorfull and brighter to the eye. but you can't see squat in front of you besides sending a red flag for the police to pull you over. Anyway just some friendly advice. Keep it 4100k and it will look OEM like the HID's on the new g35's or even the Q45's. Get 6000k if you want that purple/blue tone to it. I thought the same thing at first. Ohhh wow I want that kit. I buddy of mine bought it and it looked so rediculous. It looked like he had black lights in his housing. He wasted $400 on that and wished he had taken my advice.

Peace!

so you are saying the purple 12000k hids look black in the housing??
Old 06-10-2004, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaGirl97
I meant black is in a "black light". Have you ever seen those blacklights that make thing glow that is a florecent color or white? They are like a florecent bulb but dark purple. They aren't black in the literal sense, they just call them that. I was exagerting just a little but it doesn't look good and when driving you can't see anything in front of you. Just an extreme purple coems out and that will for sure get you noticed but it will also get you pulled over. Remember HID kits are illegal. If you want HID and not get noticed by the fuzz. Get inbetween 4100K and 6000k so it looks OEM.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:32 PM
attomica

Originally Posted by MaximaGirl97
No, he's saying that the 12000k lights have the same look as the black lights you see in clubs that make your teeth or white fabric glow white. It may look cool when you're standing there, looking at the car, but when you're actually driving there's almost no visible light on the ground because that kind of light falls into a less-visible part of the spectrum.

Dammit! nmgoodthing beat me to it!

Old 06-10-2004, 01:49 PM

Oooo, a debate! Lots of internet testosterone flowing ... Im in!

On the "Form and Function" Note; Nissan/Infiniti designed these cars for the masses. MOST people want comfort and quiet over performance, looks and road feel. The reason these forums exist is that we are not "most peopel". We desire something more than what the manufacturer built in.

Larger wheels and tires (especially lightweight) will INCREASE performance (roadholding, feel, control, and acceleration/deceleration) with a larger contact patch, less sidewall flex, and lower unsprung weight

A well designed body kit will not only serve as eyecandy, but COULD also IMPROVE on aerodynamics. The general public will not use these cars for a high-speed application, Nissan knows this. Side and rear skirts (only kits I have seen for our cars) are going to affect aerodynamics little to none. While the front lip MAY increase downforce slightly Improving highspeed control if it has any affect. Were not talking about puting a F*ckin snowplow on the front of our cars, or a three foot aluminum wing on the trunk (Ricers are another story, but I dont see too many here). And these kits weigh next to nothing.

Most people mod because it is a hobby, something they enjoy doing. MaxGirl's wheels may be heavy and a bit oversized, but I applaud her for doing what SHE likes, even if its not popular.

She asked for oppinions, not asinine comments. Those wheels are not my cup of tea, but there is no need to be rude. Ever heard of "If you dont have anything nice to say; dont say anything at all", or did you miss out on preschool?

If you have to voice your oppinion, try to do so in a kind way:

Example: "Those wheels are a bit to large and Blingy for my tast, but Im glad you like them."

This is HER car. Its not like she put the wheels on your's!
Old 06-10-2004, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
Oooo, a debate! Lots of internet testosterone flowing ... Im in!

On the "Form and Function" Note; Nissan/Infiniti designed these cars for the masses. MOST people want comfort and quiet over performance, looks and road feel. The reason these forums exist is that we are not "most peopel". We desire something more than what the manufacturer built in.

Larger wheels and tires (especially lightweight) will INCREASE performance (roadholding, feel, control, and acceleration/deceleration) with a larger contact patch, less sidewall flex, and lower unsprung weight

A well designed body kit will not only serve as eyecandy, but COULD also IMPROVE on aerodynamics. The general public will not use these cars for a high-speed application, Nissan knows this. Side and rear skirts (only kits I have seen for our cars) are going to affect aerodynamics little to none. While the front lip MAY increase downforce slightly Improving highspeed control if it has any affect. Were not talking about puting a F*ckin snowplow on the front of our cars, or a three foot aluminum wing on the trunk (Ricers are another story, but I dont see too many here). And these kits weigh next to nothing.

Most people mod because it is a hobby, something they enjoy doing. MaxGirl's wheels may be heavy and a bit oversized, but I applaud her for doing what SHE likes, even if its not popular.

She asked for oppinions, not asinine comments. Those wheels are not my cup of tea, but there is no need to be rude. Ever heard of "If you dont have anything nice to say; dont say anything at all", or did you miss out on preschool?

If you have to voice your oppinion, try to do so in a kind way:

Example: "Those wheels are a bit to large and Blingy for my tast, but Im glad you like them."

This is HER car. Its not like she put the wheels on your's!

Thank You for that statement, I couldn't have said it better myself!
And yes can you BOYS not be so RUDE to me, He's rite its not like the wheels are on your car. And if you don't like my car than ohh well.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:00 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

God damn, you asked, we responded. It looks like ****. Congratulations.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeSteel
God damn, you asked, we responded. It looks like ****. Congratulations.

Congratulations tell me something else besides something you already said. So Move on.... THANKS
Old 06-10-2004, 03:57 PM

Well... Anyways, how did the feel of the car change after the wheel upgrade? Did you notice much of a difference in acceleration? How about in how nimble the car is?

I have never driven a car w/ 20s before (I want some 18s), so Id like to know your feelings on other aspects than just the looks. After you get your drop I would like to hear if the ride is still acceptable. I have the eibach springs and illumina struts, and with the struts at the stiffest setting the ride isnt that bad except on really $hitty roads.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:17 PM

Well... Anyways, how did the feel of the car change after the wheel upgrade? Did you notice much of a difference in acceleration? How about in how nimble the car is?

I have never driven a car w/ 20s before (I want some 18s), so Id like to know your feelings on other aspects than just the looks. After you get your drop I would like to hear if the ride is still acceptable. I have the eibach springs and illumina struts, and with the struts at the stiffest setting the ride isnt that bad except on really $hitty roads.
It feels the same in ride quality, but I do notice they are heavy when I turn . The accleration is still quick, I like it
Old 06-10-2004, 04:38 PM

I have a story to tell and its kinda long so bare with me, it has a point to it. Its about an ******* that use to waste his life prancing his inferiority complex on a website for college students called "CollegeClub." On this website there were many forum rooms for chatting. The most popular was called the "Members Ride Forum". I believe this philosophical idiots' name was assolon7 ooopps I mean Athlon7. This guy use to argue on some of the most asinine things and try to use philosophical mombo-jumbo to prove his theories as the way the "true world" should be. His favorite thing to pull this stunt on were rap culture, pop culture, minorities, and religious beliefs different than his own. But everytime he would pull this stunt, myself and a few others would literally dispell his theories and use his own logic against him so that he could do nothing but resort to intelligent name calling to try and make himself feel better. Talk about a loser. We even had to let this guy, who supposedly was sssoooo intelligent know that a theory is only a methology that has been proven accurate (not factual or true.) until something else changes that theory. Only does a theory become fact when the theory stands the test of time. It did not matter how much information he utilize from the Philosophical community.

For instance, he would always argue about his theoritical reasoning against tuning a vehicle, modifying a vehicle, or upgrading a stereo system in a car. He constantly twarted us how he felt this would be a waste of money. But in the same breathe this clown would install a K&N fitler and Uology hot wires on a FORD CONTOUR and actually think this would be bettering performance to a noticable degree. In the same breathe this ******* would talk about his Infinity Reference series coaxil speakers were sooo much better with clarity & imaging than MB Quarts component speakers. Stupid huh?

Well, I say all of that to address mr (or ms) attomica. Are you the person whom use to pull this crap on college club? If so, its nice to see you have bought a Infiniti I30 and actually followed my logic behind buying a near luxury segment vehicle used rather than new. "Recall you theorized on collegeclub the lower & middle socioeconimic class buy used luxury vehicles to feel important and how this reflected people like myself that buy a luxury car are trying to compensate for some inadequecy in their life?"

Whether you are this guy (who dialect, location in Texas, contravene view of life and vocabulary use were strikingly similar to your own.) People that modify there vehicles are no different from those that buy a new item of clothing to compliment something they have that other people have. Its no different than someone buying a pc and purchasing a high power speaker system because the setup in the store is most commonly purchased.

My point is, like myself, people do things to their vehicles because they want to be different than everyone else. Its called exclusitivity. You know the same reason people are now buying Flat Panel High Defenition television that cost thousands of dollars. And the picture quality is not too bad either. Don't "Fall into the Gap" is my moto and will always be my ying and yang (or the ancient abstract you so eloquently described to us.)

And for the record, you do realize that other things affect the output of your vehicles' fuel consumption. Like wheels & tire that are not the stock application or "sweet spot balanced", the load in the vehicle (weight), the grade fuel and octane level used, as well as the weather conditions. In fact this affects your vehicles fuel consumption about the same as changing wheels to a larger diameter, or adding a body kit. Just thought you should know that before you make another "As humans, you're gifted with intelligence and common sense. Use at least one of 'em for Christ's sake." bull**** statements.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:46 PM

AS for the real reason for this thread, I have not made any negative comments against your vehicle Maximagirl97. I think you are doing a good job. IMO, the wheels are just too big. But thats not to say its fugly. That I can assure you it is not. Don't let anything others here say get to you. Some people forget everyone is not trying to turn a luxury sedan into a street racer. It looks better tuning for luxury feel and style. There is nothing wrong with the idea, but there is so much weight that is spared buy getting the I30/I35's twin (Maxima) If they want that type of concept the Maxima would be a better choice for tunage.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by gqmac2
AS for the real reason for this thread, I have not made any negative comments against your vehicle Maximagirl97. I think you are doing a good job. IMO, the wheels are just too big. But thats not to say its fugly. That I can assure you it is not. Don't let anything others here say get to you. Some people forget everyone is not trying to turn a luxury sedan into a street racer. It looks better tuning for luxury feel and style. There is nothing wrong with the idea, but there is so much weight that is spared buy getting the I30/I35's twin (Maxima) If they want that type of concept the Maxima would be a better choice for tunage.

thank you, I am glad there are some nice people on the forum :0)
Old 06-10-2004, 05:40 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

I am nice, I could have told you that you were pathetic and needed to be shot for what you did to your car.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:54 PM

I think most of us are cool, some just don't have a way with words. And others use too many for something that could be summed up in a few. (LOL) I just think a lot of times people get so enraptured in their own clicks that they forget the automotive world is diverse and the reasons for its diversity. Some people's interest are in speed, some are in catching attention, others are in winning competitions, some comfort, and still others are just to be the first in their area with something. I.E. I will never understand why anyone would buy any of the Scion vehicles, "rice" them out, and verbally bash Honda Civics that are "riced out". (They are made for tuning true but are no better than tuning a Civic.) But people like tuning them and its a relative new thing so people want bragging rights. But lets face it, tuning is what made the Civic the most modified import in the country in the first place. So if its rice, so are tuned Scions.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:10 PM
attomica

...Well, I say all of that to address mr (or ms) attomica. Are you the person whom use to pull this crap on college club? If so, its nice to see you have bought a Infiniti I30 and actually followed my logic behind buying a near luxury segment vehicle used rather than new. "Recall you theorized on collegeclub the lower & middle socioeconimic class buy used luxury vehicles to feel important and how this reflected people like myself that buy a luxury car are trying to compensate for some inadequecy in their life?"...

...My point is, like myself, people do things to their vehicles because they want to be different than everyone else. Its called exclusitivity. You know the same reason people are now buying Flat Panel High Defenition television that cost thousands of dollars. And the picture quality is not too bad either...
Hmm, great story. Fortunately, I'm not the person you describe from your internet past. I know nothing of a "college club" nor do I subscribe to the philosphies this person did. To use your examples, I can see the merit of sound system upgrades as well as flat panel, High-Definition televisions. They have a quantifiable advantage over lesser examples. Conversely, huge chrome wheels and body kits do not have a quantifiable advantage, except in the wallets of the manufacturers. As I've stated before, it's all a matter of opinion. I was a bit harsh in stating mine and I do realize that. If I offended your delicate sensibilities, I'm sorry. That honestly isn't my intention. However, I'm not going to retract anything. I am so fed-up with the whole, horrible "bling" culture that when I see someone seeking praise for perpetuating it, I'll give my two cents in opposition. It's all just words, so just take it for what it's worth. That's all you can do.

Old 06-10-2004, 07:35 PM

And all you can do is practice what you preach. Its obvious I offended YOUR minor state of sensibility. Otherwise you would not have replied in the first place. But aside from that I retract nothing I have said, because I am feed up with people who, like yourself, seek enjoyment out of giving an opinion they have in a wasteful intellectual manor. I call people like that hypocrits. For instance, you see the point in buying a HIGH DEF television thats $2500+ simply because it allows you to ______? Fill in the blank. I don't see it at the moment. Your still watching a television. Cable systems are not going to completely transfer to the new, all HIGH DEF digital system until 2006, (but thats right now in the senate being negotiated by FCC officials for an extension because most companies are not ready for the complete change over.) Not to mention availablitiy of channels in this format are not in all areas. And lets not forget that this is too placing large amounts of money into the pockets of manufacturers. See your contradiction? Buying a $2500+ television that one may not be able to use for more than watching a few channels (depending on availability) makes about as much sense to me as spending loads of money on expensive, oversized wheels and bodykits to you. (Keep in mind, just because one understands the ideas behind an action, does not mean they will perfrom these actions themselves.)

BTW, do you go and voice your opinions when asked by someone in person? I am sure you don't because that would not result in odds of your favor. You sound like a smart chap, so I figure you know this. Its wise to keep your mouth closed when you have nothing positive to say towards someone's belief, desire, or mind state. Regardless of your belief that you are within your legal right to state your opposition of this "as you call it bling bling craze". The legal system won't protect you from what is titled "A Good *** Kicking". It happens all the time to people of your stature. (you know feeding their opinions to others with no regards for tactfulness. But in case your not familiar with this. I will end by saying a famous quote that we all are familiar with. Opinions, opinions are like a.s.s.holes. Everyone has one, some people like pleasing them, and all of them stink (except to the person whom it belongs to.) Tough.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by attomica
There are also those of us who don't feel the need to do anything to their cars. It may be a foreign concept to you guys, buy maybe the car is fine the way it is!

I agree, the car DOES look fine the way it is. I drove my car for 3 years with the stock rims on.

I dunno about anyone else, but spending thousands of dollars for big, heavy wheels that inhibit performance, adversely affect ride quality, and increase fuel consumption makes no sense.

Makes no sense?? I want my car to look good. I put rims on that IMO make it look better.

The same for body kits. The manufacturers have designed these cars with hundreds of hours aerodynamic analysis and wind tunnel testing. But, there are those who want to pay thousands of dollars to add weight to their cars, screw with the aerodynamics engineered into the car, and decrease ground clearance so it'll get all scuffed and nasty-looking.

In case you all didnt know, there is an ancient abstract dealing with Form and Function. The ideal situation is to attain a perfect balance of the two in anything you do, have or make. You know, to have something work just right while looking just right. But, all this stupid junk like huge wheels and body kits ignores Function and embraces only Form.

Why would someone embrace only Form? It can't be just because they like it. I think it's because they also seek the approval of their peers. They need their peers' approval because they're missing something else in their lives. They're compensating for a shortcoming.

WTF is your problem? Believe it or not, some people fix up their cars because THEY like it. Some people really don't care about approval from peers or whatever. But if a person you respect tells you that they like what you've done to you car, then it definately feels good and I don't see anything wrong with that. I fixed up my car for ME (that is why I got a system and strictly performance mods before my rims) and the fact that other people like what I've done is just icing on the cake.

As humans, you're gifted with intelligence and common sense. Use at least one of 'em for Christ's sake.
So someone who decides to put rims on their car automatically lacks intelligence and common sense? Saying something like tells everyone a lot about you..........
Old 06-11-2004, 08:20 AM

Oh lets not forget the fact he is tuning an I30, which is about as much of a waste as buying big wheels for an I30. Hate to burst your bubble attomica, but it sounds like you chose to make these mods to your car to be accepted in the racing community and by your peers. (The exclusitivity was just icing on his cake.)
But what is sad is that in the racing community, I30's & I35's really get no respect when modified. Do you know why attomica? Sure its built up similar to the Maxima and has the same kick *** V6, but there is about 400-600lbs of sound insulation added on the car, the ECU, transmission, and chassis are geared for luxury comfort (notice there is no stick shift for the newer models.), and it takes wwwwaaayyyyy to much money (which does put money into the manufacturers pockets by the way) to get decent track results. That is why you chose as an intelligent human being to get these performance mods on a Luxury sedan in the first place, right?
Old 06-11-2004, 09:26 AM
attomica

And all you can do is practice what you preach. Its obvious I offended YOUR minor state of sensibility. Otherwise you would not have replied in the first place. But aside from that I retract nothing I have said, because I am feed up with people who, like yourself, seek enjoyment out of giving an opinion they have in a wasteful intellectual manor. I call people like that hypocrits. For instance, you see the point in buying a HIGH DEF television thats $2500+ simply because it allows you to ______? Fill in the blank. I don't see it at the moment. Your still watching a television. Cable systems are not going to completely transfer to the new, all HIGH DEF digital system until 2006, (but thats right now in the senate being negotiated by FCC officials for an extension because most companies are not ready for the complete change over.) Not to mention availablitiy of channels in this format are not in all areas. And lets not forget that this is too placing large amounts of money into the pockets of manufacturers. See your contradiction? Buying a $2500+ television that one may not be able to use for more than watching a few channels (depending on availability) makes about as much sense to me as spending loads of money on expensive, oversized wheels and bodykits to you. (Keep in mind, just because one understands the ideas behind an action, does not mean they will perfrom these actions themselves.)

BTW, do you go and voice your opinions when asked by someone in person? I am sure you don't because that would not result in odds of your favor. You sound like a smart chap, so I figure you know this. Its wise to keep your mouth closed when you have nothing positive to say towards someone's belief, desire, or mind state. Regardless of your belief that you are within your legal right to state your opposition of this "as you call it bling bling craze". The legal system won't protect you from what is titled "A Good *** Kicking". It happens all the time to people of your stature. (you know feeding their opinions to others with no regards for tactfulness. But in case your not familiar with this. I will end by saying a famous quote that we all are familiar with. Opinions, opinions are like a.s.s.holes. Everyone has one, some people like pleasing them, and all of them stink (except to the person whom it belongs to.) Tough.
I do practice what I preach. I'm one of those practical, logical people that's not a slave to status and appearance and must have shiny things to belong and be liked.

Now, time for school. Let's review the definition of quantifiable. It means there are actual, objective, recordable, factual specifications to consider. For example, a High-Def flat panel does have quantifiable specs. Their physical size is a huge advantage over big, bulky CRTs and projection TVs. I'd hate to have some huge, refrigerator-sized TV in the room when there's the availablity of something that can hang on the wall. I know there's not a standard in terms of connectivity, one could stay within a format and have a quantifiably superior picture with quantifiably better color and resolution. (I should also point out that there are people who watch a lot more than broadcasts. There are those who have extensive collections of recorded movies and such that they watch almost exclusively, to the near exclusion of broadcasts, so High-Def is already in place for that.) At that point, it comes to the analysis of whether those superior traits are worth the cost. Then, you have a set of quantifiable elements to process, unlike when someone starts thinking about getting big, ugly wheels or body kits. Conversely, there are no quantifiable advantages to having huge, chrome wheels or body kits. Unless you live in an area that floods a lot and increased ground clearance is a desirable trait. The only quantifiable is how much money they want to waste on them. You cannot make any considerations regarding performance because, well, they don't offer anything in that arena. They're solely so you can "roll down da street, gettin' looks."

And, yes, if asked in person, I'd voice my opinion the same way. I've said it before and I'll say it again...If you're gonna ask for opinions, be prepared for them. Anyone with a brain should know that not everyone will have the same opinion about any given subject. Of course, face-to-face interaction is completely different and I don't associate with people who have this sort of crap on their cars because, well, stereotypes have a basis in truth. I'll leave it at that.

And, since you're gonna bring physical violence into it now (so much for the civilized conversation, huh?), I comfortable knowing that I'm amply prepared to field anything that comes my way.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:36 AM
attomica

Oh lets not forget the fact he is tuning an I30, which is about as much of a waste as buying big wheels for an I30. Hate to burst your bubble attomica, but it sounds like you chose to make these mods to your car to be accepted in the racing community and by your peers. (The exclusitivity was just icing on his cake.)
But what is sad is that in the racing community, I30's & I35's really get no respect when modified. Do you know why attomica? Sure its built up similar to the Maxima and has the same kick *** V6, but there is about 400-600lbs of sound insulation added on the car, the ECU, transmission, and chassis are geared for luxury comfort (notice there is no stick shift for the newer models.), and it takes wwwwaaayyyyy to much money (which does put money into the manufacturers pockets by the way) to get decent track results. That is why you chose as an intelligent human being to get these performance mods on a Luxury sedan in the first place, right?
What are you blabbering about? My car is completely stock and I don't intend to change that.

Ah don't gots ta git wit mah Homies and bling it down da road, yo! 'Cept maybe ta McDonald's, 'cause i be lovin' it!

Old 06-11-2004, 09:38 AM
attomica

Originally Posted by Gates
So someone who decides to put rims on their car automatically lacks intelligence and common sense? Saying something like tells everyone a lot about you..........
Do I impress you as someone who cares what others think about me? My blanket of logic and pragmatism protects me from the jeers of the less-considered.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:03 AM

What size tires is she running? 245 35 20? And what offset. IT looks like 35. Is that right? Not that i can differentiate between 38, 40 or 35mm offset from the pic I was just wondering.
Oh by the way once it is lowered I thinkit will look great.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mack Daddy
What size tires is she running? 245 35 20? And what offset. IT looks like 35. Is that right? Not that i can differentiate between 38, 40 or 35mm offset from the pic I was just wondering.
Oh by the way once it is lowered I thinkit will look great.
yes my tire size is 245/35/20 and wheels are 20X8.5
Old 06-11-2004, 11:23 AM

Wow Ethel look at all them big werds they be usin. I can't seem to be understandin them infiniti boys. Maybe their cars makes them smarter than the other boys who drive them regular maximas.

Haha I love reading all the BS being spouted off here on this thread. Using big words and 20 adjectives to describe objects doesn't make you look intelligent. In fact I must say it makes you look pretty sad when someone asks you what you think about their wheels and you go off on a tangent explaining your theories and methodologies about nothing. Get with the thread retards! Most of us went to college as well but that doesn't make us any smarter or better.
By the way the 20s are different and I think the final product will be cool. Have you thought about that Evolution body kit gqmac2 can get? I think it would really compliment those wheels. At the momment they are the absolute focal point of your car.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:26 AM

Wow Ethel look at all them big werds they be usin. I can't seem to be understandin them infiniti boys. Maybe their cars makes them smarter than the other boys who drive them regular maximas.

Haha I love reading all the BS being spouted off here on this thread. Using big words and 20 adjectives to describe objects doesn't make you look intelligent. In fact I must say it makes you look pretty sad when someone asks you what you think about their wheels and you go off on a tangent explaining your theories and methodologies about nothing. Get with the thread retards! Most of us went to college as well but that doesn't make us any smarter or better.
By the way the 20s are different and I think the final product will be cool. Have you thought about that Evolution body kit gqmac2 can get? I think it would really compliment those wheels. At the momment they are the absolute focal point of your car.

nope I havent seen the kit is there any pictures?
Old 06-11-2004, 11:38 AM

yep here you go
Old 06-11-2004, 11:53 AM

Attomica,

I would love to be able to ignore your , but I just dont have the will power.

Im having a hard time figuring out what exactly you are doing here. You dont seem to share anybodys interests on this forum. These machines are pretty well put together, so I dont think its for repair advice. Do you just get your rocks off by bothering people? I rarely hear anything pleasent from you.

Just like your big, shiny TV, some people like big shiny wheels. Its just personal preference. You kind of contradict your self by saying that you dont need nice, shiny things... Yet you bought an Infiniti??? Why not just get a Ford and save your self the money, although I doubt anybody would want you on any Ford forums either. You say that you didnt buy the car to impress people? You got it because YOU like it? Maybe MaxGirl bought those wheels because SHE likes them... or maybe because she get "quantifiably" sharper image reproduction from the reflection

Why dont you swallow your pride, stop being selfish, and leave until you can learn play nice! You should be thankful that I am not a moderator, because you would be on your last warning. Stop trying to bring this forum down to YOUR scummy level.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:20 PM

word very well put. MikeI30td i think we have another candidate for the ban list. I mean Mack Daddy for the list by the way.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by mikeI302k
word very well put. MikeI30td i think we have another candidate for the ban list. I mean Mack Daddy for the list by the way.

And your reason is?
Old 06-11-2004, 12:58 PM
attomica

Attomica,

Im having a hard time figuring out what exactly you are doing here. You dont seem to share anybodys interests on this forum. These machines are pretty well put together, so I dont think its for repair advice. Do you just get your rocks off by bothering people? I rarely hear anything pleasent from you.

Just like your big, shiny TV, some people like big shiny wheels. Its just personal preference. You kind of contradict your self by saying that you dont need nice, shiny things... Yet you bought an Infiniti??? Why not just get a Ford and save your self the money, although I doubt anybody would want you on any Ford forums either. You say that you didnt buy the car to impress people? You got it because YOU like it? Maybe MaxGirl bought those wheels because SHE likes them... or maybe because she get "quantifiably" sharper image reproduction from the reflection

Why dont you swallow your pride, stop being selfish, and leave until you can learn play nice! You should be thankful that I am not a moderator, because you would be on your last warning. Stop trying to bring this forum down to YOUR scummy level.
Even thought these are well-engineered cars, they are not exempt from technical problems. This forum is sometimes a good source for solutions. That's what I'm doing here.

I bought an Infiniti because it's comfortable, has convenient amentities, is rated as a safe vehicle, and could be had for a fair price. I did not get it because I need acceptance from others. It seems like a lot of others have, though. Shame.

I'm sure MaxGirl bought those wheels because SHE likes them. I'm not questioning that and I think it's fantastic. She (well, her boyfriend) solicited opinions and I offered mine. You'll also note that I prefaced my first comment with something to the effect of "I'm not attacking you or your GF" as a way of helping people to understand that it's my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt. I simply offered it and the Blingy Blingersons got all butthurt. I'll admit it has snowballed and I'll accept my share of the blame for all the hurt feelings. Sorry.

I'll stop being "mean" now and say what you want to hear...

MaxGirl, you ride be MAD PIMPIN, yo!

Oh, one more thing, I'm trying to elevate the forum from the scummy level, not the other way around.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:00 PM

I do practice what I preach. I'm one of those practical, logical people that's not a slave to status and appearance and must have shiny things to belong and be liked.

Now, time for school. Let's review the definition of quantifiable. It means there are actual, objective, recordable, factual specifications to consider. For example, a High-Def flat panel does have quantifiable specs. Their physical size is a huge advantage over big, bulky CRTs and projection TVs. I'd hate to have some huge, refrigerator-sized TV in the room when there's the availablity of something that can hang on the wall. I know there's not a standard in terms of connectivity, one could stay within a format and have a quantifiably superior picture with quantifiably better color and resolution. (I should also point out that there are people who watch a lot more than broadcasts. There are those who have extensive collections of recorded movies and such that they watch almost exclusively, to the near exclusion of broadcasts, so High-Def is already in place for that.) At that point, it comes to the analysis of whether those superior traits are worth the cost. Then, you have a set of quantifiable elements to process, unlike when someone starts thinking about getting big, ugly wheels or body kits. Conversely, there are no quantifiable advantages to having huge, chrome wheels or body kits. Unless you live in an area that floods a lot and increased ground clearance is a desirable trait. The only quantifiable is how much money they want to waste on them. You cannot make any considerations regarding performance because, well, they don't offer anything in that arena. They're solely so you can "roll down da street, gettin' looks."

And, yes, if asked in person, I'd voice my opinion the same way. I've said it before and I'll say it again...If you're gonna ask for opinions, be prepared for them. Anyone with a brain should know that not everyone will have the same opinion about any given subject. Of course, face-to-face interaction is completely different and I don't associate with people who have this sort of crap on their cars because, well, stereotypes have a basis in truth. I'll leave it at that.

And, since you're gonna bring physical violence into it now (so much for the civilized conversation, huh?), I comfortable knowing that I'm amply prepared to field anything that comes my way.
Yes it is time for school. Everything you just said is changing from your original post. Before you action were of a stern, thoughtless, vendictive person out for blood. Now your words are actually showing an opinion (and thats what was asked of you to begin with.) You see the reasoning you just provided is your opinion. However, anyone with common sense (or a brain) knows that jumping on the HD TV craze now is not smart. This time last year prices seen now on 22-30 inch models where associated to models 10-19 inches. This indicates as time passes, prices will drop. Thus, your logical statement given about the meaning of quantifiable really serves as a small portion of the decision process behind one buying a HD TV now. In this same token, your concern over performance and all the other crap you have spewed about your anti-pop culture views towards "show modding" a vehicle serve again only a small portion of the reasoning behind someone buying large wheels or body kits.

And I did not bring violence into this discussion. If you can decipher well, you will clearly see my statement is BTW, do you go and voice your opinions when asked by someone in person? I am sure you don't because that would not result in odds of your favor. You sound like a smart chap, so I figure you know this. Its wise to keep your mouth closed when you have nothing positive to say towards someone's belief, desire, or mind state. Regardless of your belief that you are within your legal right to state your opposition of this "as you call it bling bling craze". The legal system won't protect you from what is titled "A Good *** Kicking". It happens all the time to people of your stature. (you know feeding their opinions to others with no regards for tactfulness. But in case your not familiar with this. In so many words, its not nice to go around throwing your opinions at people if they ask or not. Most are not mild mannered, which can result in a physical altercation. *Besides, do you realize how stupid it would look making a physical threat to someone in cyberspace? LOL *
Old 06-11-2004, 01:07 PM

What are you blabbering about? My car is completely stock and I don't intend to change that.

Ah don't gots ta git wit mah Homies and bling it down da road, yo! 'Cept maybe ta McDonald's, 'cause i be lovin' it!
I have no clue what your talking about in your last sentence and I am tempted to believe you enjoy the "thuglife" mentality secretively. If you do, thats your perogative. But for the this post, read member Gates reply to you and see why I made the reply.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:15 PM

Do I impress you as someone who cares what others think about me? My blanket of logic and pragmatism protects me from the jeers of the less-considered.

LOL, OMG Ok Ok OK.... I have a question. Are you an intelligent person? If so you do know that the fastest way to shame a person is by over utilizing intellect during a conversation. But did you know it also points out your self view from what others think? That being said is found by members of the APA (American Psychological Association), this is a response to that persons ego being hurt. In other words, using language and words not accustom to "society's norm" usually point out that the person acting this way is hurt what others have said or done to them. It can even show that a person has negative emotions toward themselves for one reason or another.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:21 PM

Attomica,

I only wish I could have put it that simply. Good Job NewLoveI30

Can we say this cat attomic is
Old 06-11-2004, 01:30 PM

And your reason is?
I think that may have been a mistake, although I should not speak for other people. I personally got a good laugh out of wat you had to say. I was speaking of attomica.

BTW, the Evolution kit is beautiful. I tried to get that kit so many times (every one of the attempted GDs), and now that its available I cant buy it beacuse I need to save money for school
Old 06-11-2004, 01:39 PM

Even thought these are well-engineered cars, they are not exempt from technical problems. This forum is sometimes a good source for solutions. That's what I'm doing here.

I bought an Infiniti because it's comfortable, has convenient amentities, is rated as a safe vehicle, and could be had for a fair price. I did not get it because I need acceptance from others. It seems like a lot of others have, though. Shame.

I'm sure MaxGirl bought those wheels because SHE likes them. I'm not questioning that and I think it's fantastic. She (well, her boyfriend) solicited opinions and I offered mine. You'll also note that I prefaced my first comment with something to the effect of "I'm not attacking you or your GF" as a way of helping people to understand that it's my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt. I simply offered it and the Blingy Blingersons got all butthurt. I'll admit it has snowballed and I'll accept my share of the blame for all the hurt feelings. Sorry.

I'll stop being "mean" now and say what you want to hear...

MaxGirl, you ride be MAD PIMPIN, yo!

Oh, one more thing, I'm trying to elevate the forum from the scummy level, not the other way around.
Ok, I have to call on that one. This forum is not a good source for technical problems or solving them for any Infiniti product. Thats what your dealership is for. Or even InfinitiNews.com. And the couple did not get upset because you did not approve of the vehicle with larger wheels. Ifyou go back and reread, you will see they got offended for the same reason I did. You made the choice in trying to force your opinion on others about things they like. Thats why I decided to go toe to toe in showing your not the only college spurn intellectual on these boards.

And so you know, your not elevating anything bere by spewing intelligence as a tool for insensitivity. What your doing is the same thing as a (want to be know it all kid) annoying the teacher and your fellow class members.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:48 PM
attomica

Yes it is time for school. Everything you just said is changing from your original post. Before you action were of a stern, thoughtless, vendictive person out for blood. Now your words are actually showing an opinion (and thats what was asked of you to begin with.) You see the reasoning you just provided is your opinion. However, anyone with common sense (or a brain) knows that jumping on the HD TV craze now is not smart. This time last year prices seen now on 22-30 inch models where associated to models 10-19 inches. This indicates as time passes, prices will drop. Thus, your logical statement given about the meaning of quantifiable really serves as a small portion of the decision process behind one buying a HD TV now. In this same token, your concern over performance and all the other crap you have spewed about your anti-pop culture views towards "show modding" a vehicle serve again only a small portion of the reasoning behind someone buying large wheels or body kits.

And I did not bring violence into this discussion. If you can decipher well, you will clearly see my statement is BTW, do you go and voice your opinions when asked by someone in person? I am sure you don't because that would not result in odds of your favor. You sound like a smart chap, so I figure you know this. Its wise to keep your mouth closed when you have nothing positive to say towards someone's belief, desire, or mind state. Regardless of your belief that you are within your legal right to state your opposition of this "as you call it bling bling craze". The legal system won't protect you from what is titled "A Good *** Kicking". It happens all the time to people of your stature. (you know feeding their opinions to others with no regards for tactfulness. But in case your not familiar with this. In so many words, its not nice to go around throwing your opinions at people if they ask or not. Most are not mild mannered, which can result in a physical altercation. *Besides, do you realize how stupid it would look making a physical threat to someone in cyberspace? LOL *

LOL, OMG Ok Ok OK.... I have a question. Are you an intelligent person? If so you do know that the fastest way to shame a person is by over utilizing intellect during a conversation. But did you know it also points out your self view from what others think? That being said is found by members of the APA (American Psychological Association), this is a response to that persons ego being hurt. In other words, using language and words not accustom to "society's norm" usually point out that the person acting this way is hurt what others have said or done to them. It can even show that a person has negative emotions toward themselves for one reason or another...

Ok, I have to call on that one. This forum is not a good source for technical problems or solving them for any Infiniti product. Thats what your dealership is for. Or even InfinitiNews.com. And the couple did not get upset because you did not approve of the vehicle with larger wheels. Ifyou go back and reread, you will see they got offended for the same reason I did. You made the choice in trying to force your opinion on others about things they like. Thats why I decided to go toe to toe in showing your not the only college spurn intellectual on these boards.

And so you know, your not elevating anything bere by spewing intelligence as a tool for insensitivity. What your doing is the same thing as a (want to be know it all kid) annoying the teacher and your fellow class members.
Okay, you win. Not by thought or process, but by sheer volume, but a win is a win.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:55 PM

yep here you go
I am still able to get the kit too. I can't wait to get the kit here and installed on my car. I am on hold right now. I am just waiting to see if anyone else may want to go ahead and get one which would be good for shipping costs. If any still wants to get a kit for their car just let me know.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:14 PM

Mack I personally was offended by your thinking that you have superior knowledge of everything, thats all. But you're right about one thing the final product will look sweet if she gets the kit. and a drop with a new grill and a nice exhaust to compensate for the weight on the 20's that will be one sick whip.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:30 PM

All these Dup posts are confusing me LOL

Oh and Mike, do you know what "whip" means? I asked this question about a year ago and nobody knew. I get that it is supposed to be "car/ride" but where did that come from?

Quick Reply: my girlfriends 01 i30 on dubz