Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

my girlfriends 01 i30 on dubz

Old 06-11-2004, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
All these Dup posts are confusing me LOL

Oh and Mike, do you know what "whip" means? I asked this question about a year ago and nobody knew. I get that it is supposed to be "car/ride" but where did that come from?
Sorry about all those post. That was my fault. But I took care of it.
Attomica, who said anything about winning and losing? That would make this some type of competition. I was not competing against you, just proving a point.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:46 PM

whip I really have no clue where it came from im assuming it came from slang or something.(by the way this was by far the most on topic thread ive ever seen lol )
Old 06-11-2004, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by mikeI302k
whip I really have no clue where it came from im assuming it came from slang or something.(by the way this was by far the most on topic thread ive ever seen lol )
LOL Thats is soo true.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by mikeI302k
Mack I personally was offended by your thinking that you have superior knowledge of everything, thats all. But you're right about one thing the final product will look sweet if she gets the kit. and a drop with a new grill and a nice exhaust to compensate for the weight on the 20's that will be one sick whip.
Dude don't be offended by what I wrote. It was neither aimed personally at you or really anyone in particular on this forum so please don't take offense.
I do not have superior knowledge about anything on this forum I was just trying to bring a few people back on track and down to earth with a bit of humor. I have only had my car for 3 months so I am actually learning things daily, not from drivng it but actually visiting different threads and participating in them. Hope that clears thigs up.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:19 PM

no hard feelings its all good.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by attomica
Do I impress you as someone who cares what others think about me? My blanket of logic and pragmatism protects me from the jeers of the less-considered.

Obviously you don't care, but attacking people's intelligence and saying that they lack common sense because of the wheels on there car shows how much intelligence you have yourself. Whether you care what people think of you or not really doesn't matter. I don't really think that anyone who has read this thread cares about what you think of them either so I guess that evens things out a bit.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by attomica
Oh, one more thing, I'm trying to elevate the forum from the scummy level, not the other way around.
Why are you so hard-headed? Your attitude seems to be that you're better and know more than anyone here, so why bother? What have you contributed that has "elevated" the forum? Attacking people is not going to make this forum any better believe it or not. If you really wanted to contribute you'd help people instead of trying to prove that you are smarter and know better. Read your posts again and tell me that you aren't trying to do that. From what I've read that is what most of your posts have been about.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:56 PM

hey anton do you go to north hennipen? cuz i saw a few guys with i30s there, and i havent seen a modded i30 in maple grove. also chrome looks bad on white and silver cars but the rims are nice and itll be nice to see pics of those headlights.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:28 PM

WoW Just read through this whole thread.....
the car looks great 20's make it stand out a bit of a drop will complete it... nice job

as for attomica , damn dude you think that using them big words make you smarter???? no it makes you a little dork that sit in fornt of his little pentium2 box with a dictionary looking up big words
but you know what attomica ?
you made me laugh....
So thank you and get a life attomica stop being a looser make your car stand out let people notice!!
or do you have a hump on your back??? maybe a mole???
so live it up dude...
thanks for a grat time
Old 06-13-2004, 08:45 PM

I think attomica is ****ed because this guys gettin laid and he is still ****ing his hand. And this may not be as poetic as the other posts but let me try to be smart too......Attomica .............GO F,UCK YOURSELF. Since you are so smart you should have figured out nobody likes you so you should leave the forum.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by gqmac2
Oh lets not forget the fact he is tuning an I30, which is about as much of a waste as buying big wheels for an I30. Hate to burst your bubble attomica, but it sounds like you chose to make these mods to your car to be accepted in the racing community and by your peers. (The exclusitivity was just icing on his cake.)
But what is sad is that in the racing community, I30's & I35's really get no respect when modified. Do you know why attomica? Sure its built up similar to the Maxima and has the same kick *** V6, but there is about 400-600lbs of sound insulation added on the car, the ECU, transmission, and chassis are geared for luxury comfort (notice there is no stick shift for the newer models.), and it takes wwwwaaayyyyy to much money (which does put money into the manufacturers pockets by the way) to get decent track results. That is why you chose as an intelligent human being to get these performance mods on a Luxury sedan in the first place, right?
gqmac2, you are probably one of the dumbest morons out there! You just spewed a bunch of bullsh!t and I can't believe nobody has called you on it!

First, you think tuning an I30 is a waste of time, huh?!? Well, I have done some work on mine and I bet my I30 would slap your I35 like a cheap little hooker on the track! For about $1500 you can turn a low 15 second car (which is excellent for a mid 90s sedan) and get into the low 14s maybe even high 13s, and you would be running with stock 350zs and s2000s!! Not to mention that is with modest modifications, like intake, exhaust, flywheel, and the MEV intake manifold!! Who knows what numbers one could get with different cams, ECU, or hell even a supercharger!! If you dont think high 13s is not an acceptable track result for a mid 90s sedan, then GO BUY A FERRARI!!

Second, you think the I30 gets no respect in the racing community when modified, well you obviously are not apart of that community! If you would have ever gone to a time trial event at the track you would know that a modified Maxima/ I30 gets alot of attention from the other drivers!! In fact, many people will say "wow... what did you do to your Maxima..." because they look that much better. Lets also not forget the dozens, upon dozens of after market tuning firms that HAVE parts for the Maxima/I30!!

Third, the I30 has about 400-600 lbs of sound insulation added to the car, and the ECU, transmission, and chasis are geared for luxury comfort, huh?!? Bullsh!t!! The cars weigh exactly the same!! Find some old test reports on the I30 and Maxiama, you will see that they have the same weight!! The weight of the I30 is in check with the weight of a Maxima!! THERE IS NO EXTRA SOUND INSULATION!! If there ever was any difference between Maxima insulation and I30 insulation, it would be due to a change the the model year in the cars!!

The ECU, and transmission are EXACTLY the same! Look up the part numbers if you want! They will match, and they are dirtectly transferable with no modifactions needed! The only difference that Maxima and I30 have in transmissions is the I30 can come with a VLSD, which is FOR SPORT APPLICATIONS, which you claim is void in the I30. If you knew anything about the A32 platform, you would know that THEY ARE THE SAME!! The only difference is that the I30 in the US is the overseas Maxima/ Cefiro!! Engine, interior, suspension, chasis, and drivetrain are the same!! The only difference is that the I30 has a more formal body and some performace enhancements like the VLSD, sport suspension, and ultra light sport BBS rims! THAT IS IT!!

As far as the reason to why they eliminated the stick in the later year models is simple. LOW DEMAND!! Nissan decided to focus their efforts else where, like giving the Maxima all of the SPORT benifits that the I30 had, and making the Infiniti nameplate luxury oriented only (which they reversed, thank God)!! When you say it is a waste of time to tune an I30, you are actually saying the same thing about the Maxima as well! I dont know where you came up with all this ****!! Ask any Maxima owner and many will tell you that they feel the I30 is what the Maxima SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!

You actually will insult attomica and other I30 owners for choosing a car that has all the options the Maxima does standard, plus performace additions, and an upscale body?!?!

Frankly, your idiocy has insulted me and everyone else that has tuned an I30! Our hard work and dedication to make our cars one of the best is some thing that we take great pride in!! So please go vommit your horse **** some where else!!

This forum should be locked so gqmac2 can not make an A$$ out of himself again.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Karkov
I think attomica is ****ed because this guys gettin laid and he is still ****ing his hand. And this may not be as poetic as the other posts but let me try to be smart too......Attomica .............GO F,UCK YOURSELF. Since you are so smart you should have figured out nobody likes you so you should leave the forum.
Hey don't hold back, tell him how you really feel.
LOL
Old 06-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by Karkov

I am all for a good discussion, but this type of post is what gets you banned and the thread locked.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by gqmac2
Oh lets not forget the fact he is tuning an I30, which is about as much of a waste as buying big wheels for an I30. Hate to burst your bubble attomica, but it sounds like you chose to make these mods to your car to be accepted in the racing community and by your peers. (The exclusitivity was just icing on his cake.)
But what is sad is that in the racing community, I30's & I35's really get no respect when modified. Do you know why attomica? Sure its built up similar to the Maxima and has the same kick *** V6, but there is about 400-600lbs of sound insulation added on the car, the ECU, transmission, and chassis are geared for luxury comfort (notice there is no stick shift for the newer models.), and it takes wwwwaaayyyyy to much money (which does put money into the manufacturers pockets by the way) to get decent track results. That is why you chose as an intelligent human being to get these performance mods on a Luxury sedan in the first place, right?

And you get the award for the most uninformed post of the year