Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

my girlfriends 01 i30 on dubz

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 05:50 PM

my girlfriends 01 i30 on dubz

what do you guys think. so far.

Old 06-07-2004, 06:05 PM

zenetti???
Old 06-07-2004, 06:10 PM

kaizer phoenixII they're pimp she just ordered her lowering kit
Old 06-07-2004, 06:37 PM

sweet but damn that is a tight fit wow
Old 06-07-2004, 06:47 PM

we were surprised she can turn the wheel all the way w/ no rubbing....... know of anyother places besides pardox systems that sells the clear side markers
Old 06-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 06-08-2004, 08:25 AM

Those are F*ckin Huge! It will look good when she gets the clears and drops that thang. Need to clear the headlights too!
Old 06-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Reeeaaally nice!!! I see why you want those clear side markers...know what? While you wait on those, you could clear your headlights!
Go ahead and brush those shoulders
Old 06-08-2004, 08:32 AM

bro get the I35 grill and clear the lights or get the halos from ebay and put HIDs in them if you have the cash. also you might want some bigger brakes if they would and paint those calipers white.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:09 AM

she wants the i35 grill and the halo's you find the TO DO list lol just playin. she just ordered her 12k HID kit and many other goodies
Old 06-08-2004, 10:16 AM

Yes I am ordering these Headlights

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

And these are my HIDS...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 06-08-2004, 12:21 PM
attomica

I'm not attcking you or your GF here. I don't know you. You did ask for opinions, though, so here's mine...I think it looks like CRAP. You're just perpetuating the crap that the lame, thug rappers say is cool. It's not, though. It's just weak.

Old 06-08-2004, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by attomica
I'm not attcking you or your GF here. I don't know you. You did ask for opinions, though, so here's mine...I think it looks like CRAP. You're just perpetuating the crap that the lame, thug rappers say is cool. It's not, though. It's just weak.
Who the **** are you kid? I would love to see your car? Were is it? Anyway this car is amazing and I belive I think your saying this **** is because your jelious you cant have it. If you do think it is honest crap how about you tell us what to do with it to make it not look like crap then will see who has the right idea here. I love the car. It's better in person!
~Joe 95 Maxima driver.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:11 PM

not in as much words as he used, but (b4 joe, lol)
It looks "cool", but whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. Btw, get a bbk while you're at it, so you can stop as quickly as you turn heads
Old 06-08-2004, 01:32 PM

I think it looks sweet. I want to put 20s on my I30 as well, but I just don't want to have to worry about paying an arm and a leg for a 20" tire if one if ever went bad.

Good luck with it dude.

Later
Old 06-08-2004, 02:41 PM
attomica

Originally Posted by JosephMaxima96
Who the **** are you kid? I would love to see your car? Were is it? Anyway this car is amazing and I belive I think your saying this **** is because your jelious you cant have it. If you do think it is honest crap how about you tell us what to do with it to make it not look like crap then will see who has the right idea here. I love the car. It's better in person!
~Joe 95 Maxima driver.
It's all a matter of opinion and I'm simply stating mine since it was solicited. What does my car have to do with anything? It's a stock 2000 "T" and in my opinion it looks just right the way it is.

And you're calling me a kid? Here're some tips for you, idiot:
- "jelious" is not a word. I guess you meant "jealous", as in "I'm NOT jealous".
- "your" indicates posession, as in "it's not your car". You're means "you are", as in "you're an idiot".

"tell us what to do with it to make it not look like crap"...Uhh, take off those nasty wheels and, even though it'll be hard to do, resist the urge to put neons, a body kit, and a big muffler on the car.

Seriously, if you're gonna ask for opinions, then be prepared for them. Don't get all butthurt when someone says something that doesn't align with yours.

Old 06-08-2004, 06:02 PM

pimpin!
Old 06-09-2004, 10:45 AM
www.autotalk.com

Man that looks so oversized and totally messes up the look of that car. Stick with 19s and make it look decent.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:19 AM

im sorry but those rims do not look good with that car. i would suggest getting some 19in white rims. chrome just doesnt look good with that car. especially huge chrome. the lowering idea and halos are good. also clear corners will make it look good. whatever you do dont buy a body kit or neons for it. also i just dont like the look of the i35 in general. in my opinion, the 96 i30t looks the best. even the newer i30's look kind of bad i think.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:15 PM

You like the way the 1996 looks because you have one already... Thanks for all the opinions for my car. and for all the ones that don't like my car that's cool to. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but one thing I have noticed is there is not many good LOOKING 2000+ I30's Fixed up. and my I30 is one of the few that looks good. To me my car looks nice and pretty and if you don't like 20's on my car then oh well, I am fixing my car up for me not for anyone else. Thanks though!
Old 06-09-2004, 12:41 PM

like i said before the car looks nice but it needs a pearl black I35 grill.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaGirl97
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but one thing I have noticed is there is not many good LOOKING 2000+ I30's Fixed up. and my I30 is one of the few that looks good.
The mean girl doesn't like my car! Why so harsh?

J/K
Old 06-09-2004, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
The mean girl doesn't like my car! Why so harsh?

J/K

hey now, your car is nice you have nothing to worry about
Old 06-09-2004, 04:06 PM

Hrrm. I dont like the look of that car.
Im sure the ride quality is pretty ****poor with such thin tires. Thats why when I got wheels I got 18' and have been happy ever since. Looks good, tires arent expensive when it comes to replace them, and theres a little bit of tire left to absorb bumps, etc.

Thanks for sharing the pictures though !
Old 06-09-2004, 04:10 PM

your right i do have a '96 but that doesnt mean i dont think other cars look good. i just think all of the new i30's and i35's look bad. i love the g35 coupe though. i mainly dont like the body panels on the newer cars. the headlights and tail lights are nice. the side markers are kind of ugly too. if i had a choice between a newer i30 or a '96 i30 with the same miles and everything, i would take a '96.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:45 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

Originally Posted by JosephMaxima96
~Joe 95 Maxima driver.

I must be jealous too, I think it looks like ***. It's too bad I can afford my I35 50 times over, so that I30 is a breeze.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:11 PM

Here's my opinion MaximaGirl97. I give you props for actually having the cojounes to fix your I30. Most of the guys on this and other web boards talk much game but don't do anything to their car out of fear that someone on these boards will not approve of what they do.

I have an 2002 I35 that I am in the works of purchasing an Evolution Signature body kit for. (Wheels will come later once I get a nice Eibach prokit drop.) But I think it looks nice. I would have went for the 19's though only because the 20's stand out on the car where the 19's would blend just right.

For those who say they don't like the look of the newer model I30 and I35 or 20's on their car, thats your taste. Because I am sure people rag me because I can't stand the way G35 coupe looks. (Yes I said it, it looks incomplete unless you buy the $2000 body kit. Which then takes away from the whole point of it being a luxury sport coupe and makes it look like a toy racer.)
Old 06-09-2004, 05:16 PM

why does everyone like 19's or non chrome? everyone has there own style my girlfriends is more of the bling look.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by azmaxipad
why does everyone like 19's or non chrome? everyone has there own style my girlfriends is more of the bling look.
Well for me its about the way wheels look in balance with a car. The I series for some odd reason does not look good with 18's or 20's to me. The 18's look too small and the 20's look too big.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:54 PM

azmaxipad-
you can't ask us for our honest opinions and then get mad at us for our honest opinions. i agree to each his own. im just saying that i prefer the older looking i30s. next car i will be getting will be a g35 coupe but thats not for a couple years and yes i will get all the packages with it including the body kit.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:51 AM

i wasn't getting mad I was just stating what I've seen in both i30 and 5th gen forums and that is that 19's are King and bling is bad. wasn't getting mad.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:55 AM
attomica

Originally Posted by gqmac2
Here's my opinion MaximaGirl97. I give you props for actually having the cojounes to fix your I30. Most of the guys on this and other web boards talk much game but don't do anything to their car out of fear that someone on these boards will not approve of what they do.

I have an 2002 I35 that I am in the works of purchasing an Evolution Signature body kit for. (Wheels will come later once I get a nice Eibach prokit drop.) But I think it looks nice. I would have went for the 19's though only because the 20's stand out on the car where the 19's would blend just right.

For those who say they don't like the look of the newer model I30 and I35 or 20's on their car, thats your taste. Because I am sure people rag me because I can't stand the way G35 coupe looks. (Yes I said it, it looks incomplete unless you buy the $2000 body kit. Which then takes away from the whole point of it being a luxury sport coupe and makes it look like a toy racer.)
There are also those of us who don't feel the need to do anything to their cars. It may be a foreign concept to you guys, buy maybe the car is fine the way it is! I dunno about anyone else, but spending thousands of dollars for big, heavy wheels that inhibit performance, adversely affect ride quality, and increase fuel consumption makes no sense. The same for body kits. The manufacturers have designed these cars with hundreds of hours aerodynamic analysis and wind tunnel testing. But, there are those who want to pay thousands of dollars to add weight to their cars, screw with the aerodynamics engineered into the car, and decrease ground clearance so it'll get all scuffed and nasty-looking.

In case you all didnt know, there is an ancient abstract dealing with Form and Function. The ideal situation is to attain a perfect balance of the two in anything you do, have or make. You know, to have something work just right while looking just right. But, all this stupid junk like huge wheels and body kits ignores Function and embraces only Form.

Why would someone embrace only Form? It can't be just because they like it. I think it's because they also seek the approval of their peers. They need their peers' approval because they're missing something else in their lives. They're compensating for a shortcoming.

As humans, you're gifted with intelligence and common sense. Use at least one of 'em for Christ's sake.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:16 AM
TheyCallMeSteel

intelligence and common sense are not gifts, they are not given to everyone. This is apparent on nearly every forum, including the forum of life.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:24 AM
attomica

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeSteel
intelligence and common sense are not gifts, they are not given to everyone. This is apparent on nearly every forum, including the forum of life.
Sure, those individuals who are born missing some faculty may not have these elements, but for the most part, we have intelligence and common sense. Humans occupy the position they do in the world because they have the ability to reason, which is directly associated with intelligence. I don't see any chimpanzees making bullet trains.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:36 AM
TheyCallMeSteel

You fail to address the fact that 98% of the planet does not contain these attributes, or fails to harness their potential for a variety of reasons. To expect a good amount of people to reason on a message board is ridiculous.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:39 AM

wow we are getting off the subject HERE.. gezz
Old 06-10-2004, 11:47 AM

I like the "bling" look. Maybe a bit harsher of a ride though, and they are right, 19's may not stand out more than the actual car does. That is definitely what you see is the rims. After that ya gotta figure out what kind of car that is through the chrome. I like it though...
Old 06-10-2004, 12:20 PM

i like the wheels they look awesome... how much do they wheigh and how much do they cost, wonder how they would look on my car
Old 06-10-2004, 12:31 PM
attomica

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeSteel
You fail to address the fact that 98% of the planet does not contain these attributes, or fails to harness their potential for a variety of reasons. To expect a good amount of people to reason on a message board is ridiculous.
Apparently, we're talking about different things here. I'm talking about the most basic psychological tenet that the Human Race, in general, has an intelligence level dramatically higher than the next species below us on the scale. As an example, I submit that, knowing that information, it could be deduced that a human, being as intelligent as they are within the confines of the intelligence scale, will be able to understand what does any "good" versus what does any "bad" and choose the course of action that leads to the more favorable of the two.

So, to say that "98% of the planet does not contain these attributes" is incorrect with regard to what I am saying.

So, you want me to compliment the appearance of the car? Okay...

Yeeah, boy! Dat ride be pimpin', yo! You gots dem dubz...gonna make you look tiight when you on yo way to da club! Fo' shizzle, my nizzle-gizzle-bitshizzle! Awl you gots ta do iz git yo groove on wit some mad tight notes and bang dat shizzle awl da way home,yo!

There, how's that? Better?

Oh, and I certainly don't expect "people to reason on a message board". That's a pipe dream. I'm just trying to point out the sheer, undiluted stupidity associated with huge wheels and body kits. Maybe, just maybe, one of you kids who likes that kind of thing will suddenly realize how stupid it is, change his (or her) ways and help stem the oncoming tide of ridiculous-looking cars. MTV and it's lame-a$$ rappers are ruining our culture with this crap.

Old 06-10-2004, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaGirl97

Those headlights are nice.

Let me make a suggestion about the HID kit though.
Trust me on this. Don't buy that 12000k kit. Even though it is HID the lumens (actual light on the ground) is even worse then those blue rice bulbs. Save your self the headache and some money and get something inbetween 4100k and 6000k. Anything over 6000K is a waste of money. 4100K for bright white light. If it's color your looking for then go for a 6000K. Don't be fooled by the marketing about the higher kelvin ratings. Sure the higher kelvin rating is more coorfull and brighter to the eye. but you can't see squat in front of you besides sending a red flag for the police to pull you over. Anyway just some friendly advice. Keep it 4100k and it will look OEM like the HID's on the new g35's or even the Q45's. Get 6000k if you want that purple/blue tone to it. I thought the same thing at first. Ohhh wow I want that kit. I buddy of mine bought it and it looked so rediculous. It looked like he had black lights in his housing. He wasted $400 on that and wished he had taken my advice.

Peace!

Quick Reply: my girlfriends 01 i30 on dubz