Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Finished Installing Ksport CO..PIX

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Finished Installing Ksport CO..PIX

I just finished installing the ksports and I rode on them once today , but I have to adjust my height and the strut setting( hard/soft).
The rear is a lil to low and the front a lil to high, so I'm gonna fix that tomorrow, I love not having school.

I put the minimum pre-load to let the springs rest on the perches, otherwise the spring will be lose and maybe make noises when you go over bumps.
I'll take measurements and post them later this week.

I have no noises whatsoever, but had a bad experience installing them, because I'm an idiot and broke the rear stud by applying too much torque and also stripped on bolt.
I got it fixed today and slap the new suspension.

I like it a lot better than stock, although my steering feels softer and turns quicker, so I have to get used to that.

my photobucket
http://photobucket.com/albums/y293/luigi38/Ksport/
Old 05-30-2005, 10:22 PM

Cool, I'm considering these along with the Tein Basics as my next mod. How easy is it to adjust the ride height? How much did you pay and where from if you don't mind? Why did you go with these instead of the Teins, the adjustibility maybe? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gates
Cool, I'm considering these along with the Tein Basics as my next mod. How easy is it to adjust the ride height? How much did you pay and where from if you don't mind? Why did you go with these instead of the Teins, the adjustibility maybe? Thanks.
To be honest is a little tricky at first, but when you get the hang of it, it's easy. i still need to adjust them, my rear is too low and te front too high.
I got them from the GD that ends this 31st for $740 shipped.
Teins can't be adjusted and the Ksports have almost the same design as more expensive suspensions such as D2. Also the structure of the strut is monotube as most high profile racing vehicles(very expensive suspensions).
Old 05-31-2005, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Luigi38
Teins can't be adjusted.
What are you talking about i have the TEIN SS on my infiniti and i raise and lower the height all the time, and i have an edfc controller that adjusts the dampaning from inside the car instead of getting out and doing it by hand all the time
Old 05-31-2005, 06:31 AM

I just finished installing the ksports and I rode on them once today , but I have to adjust my height and the strut setting( hard/soft).
The rear is a lil to low and the front a lil to high, so I'm gonna fix that tomorrow, I love not having school.

I put the minimum pre-load to let the springs rest on the perches, otherwise the spring will be lose and maybe make noises when you go over bumps.
I'll take measurements and post them later this week.

I have no noises whatsoever, but had a bad experience installing them, because I'm an idiot and broke the rear stud by applying too much torque and also stripped on bolt.
I got it fixed today and slap the new suspension.

I like it a lot better than stock, although my steering feels softer and turns quicker, so I have to get used to that.

my photobucket
http://photobucket.com/albums/y293/luigi38/Ksport/
Looks good! Just a quick word of cautions. For all ya'll friends using K-Sports of D2 Coilovers & some others, just be careful and secure your brake-line & ABS sensor.

Since some of these Coilovers do NOT have the brackets welded in to secure brake lines and ABS sensor. There are great chances of those hang lose and rubbing against some part of your wheel/Axle/brake parts and cuz the ABS lights to come on.

Don't ask me how I know.............

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 05-31-2005, 07:26 AM

Only applies to Tein Basics 95-99 maximas/i30 can't be adjusted
00-04 can be adjusted

Originally Posted by NOCturnalI30
What are you talking about i have the TEIN SS on my infiniti and i raise and lower the height all the time, and i have an edfc controller that adjusts the dampaning from inside the car instead of getting out and doing it by hand all the time
Old 05-31-2005, 07:31 AM

I used some zip ties, but I'll look further into that today
thanks

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO
Looks good! Just a quick word of cautions. For all ya'll friends using K-Sports of D2 Coilovers & some others, just be careful and secure your brake-line & ABS sensor.

Since some of these Coilovers do NOT have the brackets welded in to secure brake lines and ABS sensor. There are great chances of those hang lose and rubbing against some part of your wheel/Axle/brake parts and cuz the ABS lights to come on.

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 05-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Looks good. Do you keep the rears tighter than the fronts?
Old 05-31-2005, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com

TEINS have a bracket
Old 05-31-2005, 12:53 PM

Yeah, Tein only makes the Basic coilovers for the 95-99 maxs. With the Basics you cannot adjust the dampening, only the ride height. The EDFC controller is pretty cool, how much extra did that cost you?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:21 PM

Well price for me is different since i get it at dealer cost but the whole setup is worth every penny guys every pennyyyyy
Old 05-31-2005, 06:53 PM

Well price for me is different since i get it at dealer cost but the whole setup is worth every penny guys every pennyyyyy
I bet, that thing it's pretty tight.
I30ds: I haven't played with the strut settings yet.
But the back should be stiffer than the front.
I will post pix later this week.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Armed and Dangerous

I bet, that thing it's pretty tight.
I30ds: I haven't played with the strut settings yet.
But the back should be stiffer than the front.
I will post pix later this week.
Definitely... I keep my rears stiffer than the fronts (4 rear/ 3 front). This makes a huge inprovement with the understeer that our cars suffer from.

I have seen sonme guys who actually keep the fronts stiffer than rears though . I wonder what the hell is up with that?
Old 06-01-2005, 10:38 PM

Ksport has 4 full turns to adjust the strut from soft to hard, my rear is 3/4 of the harshest setting and the front is 2.5/4 of the harshest, the car rides like a racing car.
I just got a computer alignment for $85....
It made a huge difference, it rides a lot smoother than ever with new 18 inch wheels.

Originally Posted by i30ds
Definitely... I keep my rears stiffer than the fronts (4 rear/ 3 front). This makes a huge inprovement with the understeer that our cars suffer from.

I have seen sonme guys who actually keep the fronts stiffer than rears though . I wonder what the hell is up with that?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Armed and Dangerous

...It made a huge difference, it rides a lot smoother than ever with new 18 inch wheels.

I got 17s on and a long with my suspension setup, the car handles like a dream compared to when I first got it... which was soft and bouncy.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:27 PM

Here are some pics of the drop.

fack I need to get rid of the fuccin mesh....
Old 06-02-2005, 08:39 PM

looks good man. but now you can't go over speed bump otherwise your resonator will scrape the bottom like i do on mine!!! oh wells, i just can't pa n what mesh??? you mean your grill???
Old 06-02-2005, 09:15 PM

where the stock fog lights go.
When I bought it all of the fogs were broken and a that time I didn't have any $$, so I put some mesh.
look at my car domain and you'll see
Old 06-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Damn! How did that happen? I just drop in some new fogs.

BTW your new stance looks awsome...