Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Power Locks

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:27 AM

Power Locks

My back door power lock (the one right behind the driver's seat) has been having some issues. When it's really hot outside say.... 80 degrees or hotter when I unlock all the doors that door won't unlock properly. The little **** only turns half way causing the door to stay locked. I have to reach my hand inside and finish pulling it out so that the door can be opened. This only happens when it's hot. Any other time it does just fine. Anyone know what this could be?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:35 PM
SimStones

Thatz been happenin on mine too, but itz been the passenger door. It only happens when I'm on my way to lunch at 2, and itz like 90 +, I've been blaming the girl who rides with me, but it happened while she was no where near the car today, so i dont know. long as mine works i'm cool wit it.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by guysohigh
Thatz been happenin on mine too, but itz been the passenger door. It only happens when I'm on my way to lunch at 2, and itz like 90 +, I've been blaming the girl who rides with me, but it happened while she was no where near the car today, so i dont know. long as mine works i'm cool wit it.
lol although I30's are well built vehicles they seem to have quite a big of design flaws
Old 08-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by Davis81387
lol although I30's are well built vehicles they seem to have quite a big of design flaws
Its not a design flaw... There are linkages inside the door that move. Seeing that your car is 8 years old The linkage probably needs to be regreased. That stuff does not last for ever. Pop the panel and obsreve the linkage in action, then determine the points that you need to grease in order to get the linkage moving properly again.

When nissans start getting this age, this is the kind of small stuff you have do deal with. When hondas and toyotas start getting to this age you have to start dealing with engine leaks. When gms and fords start getting to this age you have to deal with sh!tty compression, slipping trannys... major issues.

You should count your blessings!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by i30ds
Its not a design flaw... There are linkages inside the door that move. Seeing that your car is 8 years old The linkage probably needs to be regreased. That stuff does not last for ever. Pop the panel and obsreve the linkage in action, then determine the points that you need to grease in order to get the linkage moving properly again.

When nissans start getting this age, this is the kind of small stuff you have do deal with. When hondas and toyotas start getting to this age you have to start dealing with engine leaks. When gms and fords start getting to this age you have to deal with sh!tty compression, slipping trannys... major issues.

You should count your blessings!
Yea this is very true and I agree with you... How do I go about popping the door panel off?
Old 08-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Armed and Dangerous

The rear is really easy.

1. Remove the handle (NOT the handle that opens the door, but the one that you grab on to inorder to close the door). Pop off the screw cover cap with a flat head, then remove the screw and then the handle.

2. Remove the trim surrounding the silver handle. This can be kind of a b!tch to get out with out braking the thing. Luckly, a new only costs a couple of bucks. You just kind of have to pull at it and wiggle it out. A small screw diver with a rag wrapped on the end of it might help

3. Slowly work your way around the edge of the door poping out the plastic clips. Chances are that a lot of them are old and brittle and might break. I would buy a bag of new ones to replace the ones that break (the new ones are revised too... they come with foam in order to eliminate rattles and ensure a tight fit!! You might just want to replace all of them with the new clips).

4. Done