Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

one piece cefiro question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:31 AM

Ok, I'm here to answer a few questions about the cefiro lights as this was the first mod I made to my i30 nearly a year ago when I got her. Firstly, the headlight is an H4 halogen dual filament, the signal is a 1157 dual contact dual filamet bayonet style bulb, and the city light is a 168/194 BUT if you want more color or light, a 921 will fit fine, I personally use some of those matrix style led bulbs that I made myself in a color I couldn't find, pink. as for the connections, I spliced wires up to my old side signal connector and crimped spade connectors onto the wires to connect to the included city light and signal light sockets, the result is my city lights are on when my parking lights are on. I spliced new H4's to my old headlight harness. but will be putting a brand new harness in with the stock connectors soon, I will then be adding on my I30 to Cefiro battery direct adapter harness. It's basically the same as a lot of those "Hi Watt Upgrade" harnesses on the market except it plugs into the exsisting I30 headlight connectors and the new H4 bulbs, no muss, no fuss. for those that want to go the snip and solder method, I will put up all my notes on the conversion as soon as I get home. As for those who would like more info on my converter harness, just let me know. As for aiming, one screw adjusts vert one adjusts horiz, but I don't remember which is which... I know it worked fine on my OEM chrome ones, but I've heard the black housing units are not OE and tend to have less than OE build quality, including problems with the aiming screws. The Cefiros are plastic lensed but I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with foggyness, mine have been on a year and still look fine, if you have a problem with foggy headlight lenses, try Meguiars PlastiX, that's the only stuff I've found that actually works, short of wet sanding. I30 owners will find that Cefiro lights are a direct fit, our body is properly shaped for them and all the proper mounting points already exsist, Max owners have a slightly bigger headache to contend with in the body department. If anyone needs any more help with their Cef's just let me know

Edit: And for the person that asked what the little "Pyramid shaped" part is inside the signal lamp, it's a secondary reflector, it reflects light from the bulb backward into the main reflector, keeps head-on intensity of the bulb to a minimum when flashing, and gives the reflector a cleaner look when the light is off. That piece is moulded into the reflector or attached by some other fairly permanent method. It cannot be easily modified or removed. Personally, I use Sylvania Silverstar signalling bulbs, there is little to no amber "fried egg" effect when they are off, and when on they are a nice rich amber-orange, they tend to look the best in the reflector
Old 01-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by i30ds
Yeah, I thought about that, but if I had to remove the headlight I would have to cut the wires again. If all else fails this is what I will do.
Umm I didnt take pics of the "ford" conector that I bought at advance auto, seriously just go to advance and look for a male connector that you think might fit in and then grind it so that it would fit.
I did it because I did not want to splice the cables, I guess I am a bit **** about electrical connections.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by Luigi38
Umm I didnt take pics of the "ford" conector that I bought at advance auto, seriously just go to advance and look for a male connector that you think might fit in and then grind it so that it would fit.
I did it because I did not want to splice the cables, I guess I am a bit **** about electrical connections.
Ford connectors eh? I'll go check it out.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Donating i30 Owner

Originally Posted by paultyler_82

Edit: And for the person that asked what the little "Pyramid shaped" part is inside the signal lamp, it's a secondary reflector, it reflects light from the bulb backward into the main reflector, keeps head-on intensity of the bulb to a minimum when flashing, and gives the reflector a cleaner look when the light is off. That piece is moulded into the reflector or attached by some other fairly permanent method. It cannot be easily modified or removed. Personally, I use Sylvania Silverstar signalling bulbs, there is little to no amber "fried egg" effect when they are off, and when on they are a nice rich amber-orange, they tend to look the best in the reflector

actually its just a screw holding it on. i took it out.. and to be honest i like the llight without it alot more.. ill take pics.. and my corners are acutally orange now instead of the yellowish color... but yea. and intensity.. is not that big of a diff unless ur using the ricer turn signal bulbs... but the regular sylvania 1157 bulb looks marvelous..
Old 01-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi Newbie here...i know my question is off topic but cefiro/I30/Maxima related. I cant post a new thread.

My question is, how to clear my parklight, i know you have to to remove the orange plastic covering the bulb. But if someone can tell my how or a link with step by step procedure and picture, its highly appreciated. thanks!

Old 01-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Armed and Dangerous

I think a how to is in the stickies.